Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GoPro CAMERA GROUP BUY ROUND TWO!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
mepstein
Hey, I might be wrong about this so don't blast me for saying, but can't you get the same camera on ebay for $225 BIN?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 1 2010, 10:08 AM) *

Hey, I might be wrong about this so don't blast me for saying, but can't you get the same camera on ebay for $225 BIN?

I didn't find them that cheap. Cheapest I found was 245.00 which is what I paid. I am selling these for 225.00 also but it cost me 10.20 to ship them so the 2 bucks I make on them is gone with gas to post office & my time to package them up.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Oct 1 2010, 09:41 AM) *

Shoe! Can't you do this in January?
Friggen tempt tempt grahhh!

Don't worry Zach, I don't think he is gonna bump the price anytime soon. If he says he is I will snag you one & hold it for you till you are ready.
mepstein
I would buy from you over ebay but I don't think Zach has to worry about the price. Electronics usually go down in price, not up.
FourBlades
Way off topic, Go Pro aquarium dive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hApTGCDx4ks

Just having some fun.

This took all of 3 minutes to do.

John
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Oct 2 2010, 05:42 PM) *

Way off topic, Go Pro aquarium dive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hApTGCDx4ks

Just having some fun.

This took all of 3 minutes to do.

John

Very nice! aktion035.gif
RiqueMar
Tested it on the smart earlier.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVY4cFNFYPs
hot_shoe914
If you are going to MUSR & want awesome video of your trip down the dragon theb order quickly. Going to try and do anither order before the dragon.
RiqueMar
Shoe, will 2 more put you over the limit for the 5? My friends in Spain want 2
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Oct 5 2010, 01:42 PM) *

2 more & I will place an order. Do I need to ckek shipping to Spain or will you e handling that.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 5 2010, 12:03 PM) *

2 more & I will place an order. Do I need to ckek shipping to Spain or will you e handling that.

Sure, that'd be cool, and depending on the price, we will either do that, or I'll forward.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Oct 5 2010, 07:45 PM) *

Sure, that'd be cool, and depending on the price, we will either do that, or I'll forward.

Will check it out and let you know. What part of Spain?
RiqueMar
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 5 2010, 08:02 PM) *

Bilbao
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Oct 6 2010, 11:46 AM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 5 2010, 08:02 PM) *

Bilbao

shipping to Spain will be 61.00 if they are both going in same box.
poorsche914
Add 1 for me, Shoe. piratenanner.gif
Frost
Wow, i want one! Can you still order anymore? I get paid next week so il have some money by then.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Frost @ Oct 6 2010, 12:58 PM) *

Wow, i want one! Can you still order anymore? I get paid next week so il have some money by then.

Yes, I can still get more. I will include you in this next order.
scotty b
My go pro let go today at 60 mph dry.gif I took it out monday afternoon, got it up to 97 mph and ran out of road. I was running some roads right down from my parents house, messed up and had the camera on the picture setting. SOOOoooo I went back to the same roads today, made certain I had it on video mode and set off. Made about 3/4 of the run, got up to around 80-ish several times, no problem. Got onto the second road and the camera went flying headbang.gif I found all of it ( I think ) except the battery. I'll get a new battery tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed the camera is o.k. Trying to get the video off of the card now. I'll post if it is successful unsure.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 6 2010, 07:26 PM) *

My go pro let go today at 60 mph dry.gif I took it out monday afternoon, got it up to 97 mph and ran out of road. I was running some roads right down from my parents house, messed up and had the camera on the picture setting. SOOOoooo I went back to the same roads today, made certain I had it on video mode and set off. Made about 3/4 of the run, got up to around 80-ish several times, no problem. Got onto the second road and the camera went flying headbang.gif I found all of it ( I think ) except the battery. I'll get a new battery tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed the camera is o.k. Trying to get the video off of the card now. I'll post if it is successful unsure.gif

Bummer sad.gif

I have wondered how secure the mounts are. Did the adhesive let go or did the camera come loose from the mount?

scotty b
Suction cup let go. My guess is either there was someting on the panel that didn't allow the full grip, or I failed to notice the suctioion cup was over the holes for the badge. That would allow air to get underneath it and eventually work it's way off. confused24.gif I'm fairly certain it was not an equipment failure as I had it almost at 100 on monday wihtout any issues. I also F-ed up again and only got a single picture. I think when I am " starting " the recording I am somehow changing the command feature from vidoe to single shot confused24.gif This was my starting point rolleyes.gif
poorsche914
(scotty b @ Oct 6 2010, 08:10 PM)
Suction cup let go. My guess is either there was someting on the panel that didn't allow the full grip, or I failed to notice the suctioion cup was over the holes for the badge. That would allow air to get underneath it and eventually work it's way off. confused24.gif I'm fairly certain it was not an equipment failure as I had it almost at 100 on monday wihtout any issues. I also F-ed up again and only got a single picture. I think when I am " starting " the recording I am somehow changing the command feature from vidoe to single shot confused24.gif This was my starting point rolleyes.gif

You may be in luck as far as repairs go. From their web site:

Replacement housings and lens kits are available, making repairs or refurbishing your HD HERO camera affordable and convenient.

AND

tough enough to take a spin across the asphalt, GoPros are built to take a beating. Replacement lens kits are also available for $20, so there’s little worry of scratching the tempered glass lens while going for glory. Trash the housing in a massive crash? Replacements are available for $40.

driving.gif
scotty b
Amazingly I don't see a single scratch on the casing, and the camera itself only has bang marks on the corners, the lens appears to be fine smile.gif I'm concerned about the internals though. I don;t knw how tought they are, but it bounced off of my windshield and I watched itr in the rearview as it hit the ground, exploded, and parts went flying sad.gif 3 of the corners look like this one. The pic is my attempt at starting the video feed dry.gif
hot_shoe914
paypal 244.50 to donziii1@earthlink.net This will cover camera, shipping priority mail and paypal fees. Sorry, Paypal has banned me from receiving money as a gift for now.

Round two orders:

1. jtyee - pd
2. poorsche914 - collect at MUSR11
3. frost - ?
4. race914 - pd

Shoe
hot_shoe914
sunglasses.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 6 2010, 06:26 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
[/quote]
Damn dude, that sucks! Let me see what I can do when I call and place this next order, might get lucky. Also, I have a local SCCA guy who claims he can get the same batteries for about 5 bucks. I will find out for sure. Next time make sure you aren't under the influence when you mount it. slap.gif
hot_shoe914
Placing order tomorrow, let me know if you want one!
race914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 7 2010, 09:04 PM) *

I'll take one too! Beats my heavy VideoCam.

race914
QUOTE(race914 @ Oct 8 2010, 05:40 AM) *

PayPal sent!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(race914 @ Oct 8 2010, 08:16 AM) *

QUOTE(race914 @ Oct 8 2010, 05:40 AM) *

PayPal sent!

Round two orders:

1. jtyee - pd
2. poorsche914 - collect at MUSR11
3. frost - ?
4. race914 - pd
hot_shoe914
Okay, I ordered 5 more of these today and should have them in timeto get them to folks by the weekend unless you live in the middle of now where or 10 miles northof there. Only 3 have actually been paid or spoken for. Possibly a 4th. However, if anybody wants one of the 2 unspoken/paid for cameras, let me know, they are for sale.

Steve, I will bring yours to MUSR per your request. You other 2 guys....oops, guy and gal, sorry Tricia,I hope to have them to you by next weekend.

Shoe
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 6 2010, 07:35 PM) *

Amazingly I don't see a single scratch on the casing, and the camera itself only has bang marks on the corners, the lens appears to be fine smile.gif I'm concerned about the internals though. I don;t knw how tought they are, but it bounced off of my windshield and I watched itr in the rearview as it hit the ground, exploded, and parts went flying sad.gif 3 of the corners look like this one. The pic is my attempt at starting the video feed dry.gif

Scotty, the man said contact the number on the website and they should hook you up. Any problems let me know and I will harrass them til we get you a new one. poke.gif
hot_shoe914
I will have 2 of these available for immediate shipping on Monday or Tuesday. Buy now and have it for the weekend. piratenanner.gif
scotty b
O.k., so I went back to the scene and spent around 20 min looking for the battery and found it. Put it in the camera and everything came on and seems fine.

NOW dry.gif What the hell program are you guys using to download and watch the video ?? I have tried Windows media player and Quicktime and both give me a message that it cannot open because it is " not a file quicktime ( windows ) understands " confused24.gif What gives ???

headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
Socalandy
I had no problems with Quicktime or Finalmedia player
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Oct 10 2010, 08:26 PM) *

I had no problems with Quicktime or Finalmedia player

agree.gif

I had to download Quicktime.
Socalandy
Here's some time lapse from my Glider contest. I slowed it down a bit so the people could spot themselves easier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9AT6Eje8b8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMlxGt_c1Ug

RiqueMar
Just uploaded this one from the Performance Driving School I went to this weekend. I cut it off a bit, and reduced the quality to get it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojkz6iPeKWY
campbellcj
You need an MP4 codec; Quicktime or VLC Player both work well.
scotty b
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Oct 10 2010, 08:41 PM) *

I have quicktine and even made certain it was up toi date yet I still get that message. When I get home tonight I'll try to load it into photoshop first. That worked on my first attempt before the " incident " unsure.gif I also downloaded final media player last night and it wouldn't pley it either. Didn't give me any message though, just acted like I never gave it a play command
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 11 2010, 07:50 AM) *

QUOTE(campbellcj @ Oct 10 2010, 08:41 PM) *

I have quicktine and even made certain it was up toi date yet I still get that message. When I get home tonight I'll try to load it into photoshop first. That worked on my first attempt before the " incident " unsure.gif I also downloaded final media player last night and it wouldn't pley it either. Didn't give me any message though, just acted like I never gave it a play command

Have you tried playing the video straight from the camera without downloading it?
scotty b
[quote name='hot_shoe914' date='Oct 11 2010, 05:03 AM' post='1381604']
sunglasses.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 11 2010, 07:50 AM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
[quote name='campbellcj' post='1381552' date='Oct 10 2010, 08:41 PM']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Have you tried playing the video straight from the camera without downloading it?
[/quote]

No I haven't, simply necause it is a PITS to get to the back of my t.v., but that is something I should probably do next dry.gif I am caertain the camera is fine bacause I had one short video that did upload, it is just the longer one I keep getting this message on. Gotta get to work, but I will try some more options tonight
HAM Inc
I hope you guys have better luck with yours than I've had with mine.

I bought one before the start of the 2010 race season. When it actually
records the video and audio are great! But we never know what to expect from the damn thing. Sometimes it will record a whole race or qualifying session and other times it will just stop after 15 seconds or so.

We have tried different batteries, keeping it out of the sun until right before the session starts, different brand cards, we used the mounts that it came with and when viewing the video that actually worked we can see that vibration is not an issue.

It failed to record every moment of every session of this past weekends quailfying and race. After heated on track action we really wanted to get a look at the vid, but nothing! I really had to contain myself to keep from stomping on the stupid thing. I believe I'm done with the GoPro.
I hope it works better for you guys. If any of you have the same issue and figure it out, please share what you learned.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(HAM Inc @ Oct 11 2010, 09:07 AM) *

I hope you guys have better luck with yours than I've had with mine.

I bought one before the start of the 2010 race season. When it actually
records the video and audio are great! But we never know what to expect from the damn thing. Sometimes it will record a whole race or qualifying session and other times it will just stop after 15 seconds or so.

We have tried different batteries, keeping it out of the sun until right before the session starts, different brand cards, we used the mounts that it came with and when viewing the video that actually worked we can see that vibration is not an issue.

It failed to record every moment of every session of this past weekends quailfying and race. After heated on track action we really wanted to get a look at the vid, but nothing! I really had to contain myself to keep from stomping on the stupid thing. I believe I'm done with the GoPro.
I hope it works better for you guys. If any of you have the same issue and figure it out, please share what you learned.

I would suggest contacting GoPro, they may exchange it for you. They do come with a warranty. I have had no trouble out of mine except whe I set it wrong. Then again I have not used mine nearly as much as you have yours. Did you get the GoPro HD Hero or are you using the cheaper non HD version? I have contact infor for one of the GoPro reps if you would like it, maybe he can fix you up.
hot_shoe914
Round 2 cameras will be in tomorrow and I plan to get them shipped out on Wednesday so hopefully you will have them by the weekend. Also, I ordered 2 extra ones so if you know anybody that wants one send them my way, on hand ready for immediate shipping upon payment.

Shoe
RiqueMar
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 11 2010, 09:45 PM) *

Round 2 cameras will be in tomorrow and I plan to get them shipped out on Wednesday so hopefully you will have them by the weekend. Also, I ordered 2 extra ones so if you know anybody that wants one send them my way, on hand ready for immediate shipping upon payment.

Shoe

I showed the camera to a guy this weekend, and I think he's interested, I'll have him email you.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Oct 12 2010, 01:02 AM) *

Shoe

I showed the camera to a guy this weekend, and I think he's interested, I'll have him email you.

Okay, I originally ordered the 2 extra just in case the guys in Spain decided they wanted them.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 12 2010, 05:07 AM) *

QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Oct 12 2010, 01:02 AM) *

Shoe

Okay, I originally ordered the 2 extra just in case the guys in Spain decided they wanted them.

He's in, I'll send him your info.
HAM Inc
I have contact infor for one of the GoPro reps if you would like it, maybe he can fix you up.

Thanks! I think I'll take you up on that! I kept my composure and didn't smash the thing when I realized it didn't record any of the race Sunday.
I'll send it to the GoPro folks if they'll look at it for me.

It is not the HD version, but I was very happy with the vid & audio quality...when it worked!
Black22
If you still have 1 left I'll take it. Just PM me to confirm you still have one left for sale then I'll send the paypal of 244.50 to donziii1@earthlink.net. Home all day today so I'll hook it up as soon as I hear from ya. Thanks in advance. popcorn[1].gif

hot_shoe914
No mo GoPro! Well, at least until round three!
scotty b
I think I got it smile.gif I tried recording again today and when I downloaded the video I noticed the icon was different. The first video that would never play showed a piece of broken film, where as the new video shows a piece of whole film. I guess the first video was somehow corrupted, thus quicktime telling me it couldn't recognize it. Anyway quicktime played this clip just finme. I have run into an additionnal issue, where after I downloadedthe video today I couldn't get the camera to turn back on. I ended up removing and reinstalling the battery and it came right back on confused24.gif Now to try for the upload before leaving for die dragon smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.