Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GoPro CAMERA GROUP BUY ROUND TWO!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Sep 16 2010, 10:21 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 16 2010, 08:00 PM) *

A couple more paid units! Will order as soon as the checks arrive.

Make mine 3 units! The Snap-On guy wants one, and has paid me already.

Also, a friend of mine wants one, can he just send you a Paypal with his address and such?

Yes he can, not a problem.
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 16 2010, 01:36 PM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Sep 16 2010, 03:31 PM) *

does anybody have experience with the sound quality on this unit?
(Eric or anyone)

I want to find something with a little bit of sound quality or at least better than the static you sometimes find on in-car footage.

in car & not in direct wind the sound is awesome.

Even in the wind it's not bad (when it works):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ULQw6sOlek
RiqueMar
Another friend wants in. He'll be sending a Paypal as well with his info.
Cupomeat
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 16 2010, 04:36 PM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Sep 16 2010, 03:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Sep 9 2010, 03:13 PM) *

Sadly, I already picked one up for about $275 from a retailer, and all I can say is "GET ONE"!!!

These are perfect for us gear heads! The camera goes everywhere with me and can go everywhere on my car.

Want to see wheel movement on a turn - Attach it to the fender
Want to see my hand movement on a run - stick it in on the harness bar
Want to watch your throttle linkage in action - put it in the engine bay

IT GOES ANYWHERE and in the rain too!

A GREAT tool and great images too!

[url=

group buy is a great idea, Time to tell my 914 friends to get in on this.

BTW, it is a great tool for videoing small children too. As it has no screen they lose interest in it and will accept it being around them instead of the constant struggle to keep them from behind the camera that I usually have.

does anybody have experience with the sound quality on this unit?
(Eric or anyone)

I want to find something with a little bit of sound quality or at least better than the static you sometimes find on in-car footage.

in car & not in direct wind the sound is awesome.

Yes, agreed. Wind is your enemy here. Now, the GoPro guidance says to use the sealed back door with wind over 100mph, but I'd say use it over 50mph.

The problem with my in car mounting location is that it is right behind/between the seats and as I am required to run DE with the windows down, the wind is really strong there. The clip above is with the sealed back door.

So, as the GoPRO has no external input for a microphone, that is as good as it gets for that location. Moving it to a calmer location would be a good bet

Now, if I were trying to get the best possible output, I'd run two cameras;
1. Where you can see everything you want
2. out of the wind, near the engine

Then just use the second camera sound for the first camera.

Make sense?
FourBlades

This group buy should result in some great video for everyone to enjoy...

drooley.gif
hot_shoe914
Thirteen paid for, probably make the first order Monday!
Socalandy
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, I have had time to plan some shots on my lunch breaks lol-2.gif !!!!
hot_shoe914
Here is the latest update. I will order these on Monday.

Shoe
brant
[/quote]

Yes, agreed. Wind is your enemy here. Now, the GoPro guidance says to use the sealed back door with wind over 100mph, but I'd say use it over 50mph.

The problem with my in car mounting location is that it is right behind/between the seats and as I am required to run DE with the windows down, the wind is really strong there. The clip above is with the sealed back door.

So, as the GoPRO has no external input for a microphone, that is as good as it gets for that location. Moving it to a calmer location would be a good bet

Now, if I were trying to get the best possible output, I'd run two cameras;
1. Where you can see everything you want
2. out of the wind, near the engine

Then just use the second camera sound for the first camera.

Make sense?
[/quote]

no offense..
but the sound is not so great is it...
and to buy 2 camera's just for sound?

we don't have windows (race car)
hmmm... I'm wondering if there is something out there with an external mic.
need to look around
brant
hot_shoe914
I will be placing an order for these in about 2 or 3 hours so if you want one need to let me know and pay up or you will have to wait for the second go around. I will find out today how long they will extend this price to me.

Shoe
hot_shoe914
These cameras have been ordered, the first 15 anyway, & should ship out to me today. I was told that I will have them by Friday. Once I receive them I will start getting them shipped to you guys. This price is still good for now so if anyone still wants one just let me know.

Shoe
brant
Shoe,

nice job
this is an amazing amount of work
thanks for doing all of this for the community
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(brant @ Sep 20 2010, 10:13 AM) *

Shoe,

nice job
this is an amazing amount of work
thanks for doing all of this for the community

agree.gif beerchug.gif
Socalandy
agree.gif pray.gif

I cant wait for this thing drooley.gif
ottox914
Can hardly wait... Hope is shows up faster than my invisible evilwerks shirt.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(ottox914 @ Sep 20 2010, 09:39 PM) *

Can hardly wait... Hope is shows up faster than my invisible evilwerks shirt.

I took a chance and ordered before I got your check, had you covered. Luckily when I got home from work the dough was in the box. Soon as I get these in I plan to have them all sent out same or next day.
hot_shoe914
According to the tracking number I should have the cameras Thursday. I will do my best to getthem out Friday or Saturday at the latest.

Shoe
hot_shoe914
Well, I will have the cameras tomorrow so I will start working on getting them out as soon as I get off work tomorrow.

Shoe
BigDBass
I woulda liked to have gotten in on round 1 so as to have one for MUSR, but oh well!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Sep 22 2010, 11:44 PM) *

I woulda liked to have gotten in on round 1 so as to have one for MUSR, but oh well!

Well, why didn't you? I will make a call tomorrow and see if I can get ya one if you still want in. I should place another order before the ramble hopefully. Have a couple othe folks wanting them. I just needed to get first order in because I have people wanting to race with them this weekend.
Socalandy
I'm ready to race this weekend and upload video aktion035.gif C&C Saturday!!
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
BigDBass
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 22 2010, 11:57 PM) *

QUOTE(BigDBass @ Sep 22 2010, 11:44 PM) *

Well, why didn't you? I will make a call tomorrow and see if I can get ya one if you still want in. I should place another order before the ramble hopefully. Have a couple othe folks wanting them. I just needed to get first order in because I have people wanting to race with them this weekend.

Oh, it was cash flow that held me back. I meant to point that out. smile.gif We've been spending too much money lately. biggrin.gif

hot_shoe914
I have the cameras in my posession now and am working on labels to make sure I have everyone's shipping info. I will let you know if I don't have it. Also there is still one out there that owes me $20.96. It would be nice to have that too.

Shoe
hot_shoe914
Okay, I know those of you who spent your hard earned money on these GoPro cameras probably really don't care but.... I should be dropping all of these at the post office tomorrow before noon. I will provide you all with tracking numbers so you can anxiously await the arrival of your new toy.

Shoe
ottox914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 24 2010, 10:24 PM) *

Okay, I know those of you who spent your hard earned money on these GoPro cameras probably really don't care but.... I should be dropping all of these at the post office tomorrow before noon. I will provide you all with tracking numbers so you can anxiously await the arrival of your new toy.

Shoe

Thanks for all your hard work on this. These cameras should be a blast! Wonder if we should start a gopro video thread to post up our adventures?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(ottox914 @ Sep 25 2010, 07:41 AM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 24 2010, 10:24 PM) *

Shoe

Thanks for all your hard work on this. These cameras should be a blast! Wonder if we should start a gopro video thread to post up our adventures?

Got worried last night, had 2 addresses I couldn't find and yours was one of them. I found it though, just have one I need now.
PeeGreen 914
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif thanks for doing this
aktion035.gif
hot_shoe914
Okay, all cameras were dropped off at the post office 3 hours ago. Most of you received a tracking number in your email from paypal. Those of you who sent checks and such, I willsend you your tracking number this evening. Enjoy the camera when it arrives and let's see lots of video!!!

Shoe
RiqueMar
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 25 2010, 12:00 PM) *

Okay, all cameras were dropped off at the post office 3 hours ago. Most of you received a tracking number in your email from paypal. Those of you who sent checks and such, I willsend you your tracking number this evening. Enjoy the camera when it arrives and let's see lots of video!!!

Shoe

Just got my 3! Love it!

Doing a performance driving school next weekend, and I can't wait to check this out!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Sep 27 2010, 02:07 PM) *

Shoe

Just got my 3! Love it!

Doing a performance driving school next weekend, and I can't wait to check this out!

Glad you like them.
hot_shoe914

Shoe

Just got my 3! Love it!

Damn, that was fast. Memphis to the west coast over the weekend. You must live next door to the post office!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 27 2010, 01:09 PM) *

Shoe

Just got my 3! Love it!

Damn, that was fast. Memphis to the west coast over the weekend. You must live next door to the post office!

He might not but I do! Mine was on the front steps today! TY!!!
PeeGreen 914
Mine's not sad.gif But I left early. It may be there when I get home piratenanner.gif

But then I have to deliver them to their true owner dry.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Sep 27 2010, 04:43 PM) *

Mine's not sad.gif But I left early. It may be there when I get home piratenanner.gif

But then I have to deliver them to their true owner dry.gif

Not to worry, that price is still good for now so I will order more as soon as I have at least 5 ordered. Got a message from a fellow maybe wanting 2 so you might need one to go with your new teener!
PeeGreen 914
No, the ones I ordered I will still be able to use smile.gif He is my codriver/ or I am his codriver/ or you get the idea laugh.gif
scotty b
Smooooooooth transaction, seller is an asset to E-ba....this community. Item arrived lightning fast and only had small tracess of poo on them. THANKS AAAA++++++
ottox914
Nothing on my door step today...

D@mn you people who live close to civilization!!!!

I always get my GRM several days after anyone else, I need to order gifts a week earlier than you do to be SURE they are here on time to be given. Why, oh why do I have to live 10 miles north of the middle of nowhere???? Oh, yea, thats right, I like it out here.

Maybe tomorrow.
PeeGreen 914
Ah, right at the door when I came home. [quote]

On a side note, if you wonder where your socks went to I think I found them. blink.gif
scotty b
[quote name='Phoenix 914-6GT' date='Sep 27 2010, 04:19 PM' post='1376591']

On a side note, if you wonder where your socks went to I think I found them. blink.gif
[/quote]

Me too. I think Donald wants us to do his laundry confused24.gif
Socalandy
[quote name='scotty b' date='Sep 27 2010, 05:56 PM' post='1376614']
[quote name='Phoenix 914-6GT' date='Sep 27 2010, 04:19 PM' post='1376591']

[/quote]

Me too. I think Donald wants us to do his laundry confused24.gif
[/quote]

Got mine yesterday morning aktion035.gif charged it and stuck it on the company car for some tests. it was 107deg yesterday so I left the 914 in the garage but it looks great.

teener footage soon!!! Thanks Shoe!!!!
ottox914
Got a box of happy from the post office today... and some dirty laundry. What SD card are the rest of you guys getting?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(ottox914 @ Sep 28 2010, 11:15 PM) *

Got a box of happy from the post office today... and some dirty laundry. What SD card are the rest of you guys getting?

That laundry was clean thank you very much! I sent the dirty jock strap to Clay. happy11.gif

I bought a 16 gig card. They say you can record 9 hours of video on a 32 gig card but battery is only good for 2 1/2 hours.
hot_shoe914
Is there anybody out there that has not received your GoPro yet? If not, please let me know. Also, I was told I can have this price for awhile longer so if your buddies want one or you want another one, just let me know. Everytime I get five ordered and paid for, I will place an order.

Shoe
Eric_Shea
Mine has not arrived yet... blink.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 29 2010, 10:21 AM) *

Mine has not arrived yet... blink.gif

what is your zip? Does it start with 98?
Eric_Shea
(F'n wit ya... didn't order yet but, I may take 3. Hang tight)
hot_shoe914
Okay, I have been getting a lot of inquireies so I guess it is almost time for round 2. I will start taking orders anytime you decide ya want one now. Everytime I have 5 ordered and paid for I will place an order and get them in here. I plan to keep doing this as long as they keep giving me the price. Buy away if you want one!

paypal 244.50 to donziii1@earthlink.net This will cover camera, shipping priority mail and paypal fees. Sorry, Paypal has banned me from receiving money as a gift for now.

Round two orders:

1. jtyee - pd
2. poorsche914 - collect at MUSR11

Shoe
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 30 2010, 09:48 PM) *

Okay, I have been getting a lot of inquireies so I guess it is almost time for round 2. I will start taking orders anytime you decide ya want one now. Everytime I have 5 ordered and paid for I will place an order and get them in here. I plan to keep doing this as long as they keep giving me the price. Buy away if you want one!

paypal 244.50 to donziii1@earthlink.net This will cover camera, shipping priority mail and paypal fees. Sorry, Paypal has banned me from receiving money as a gift for now.

Round two orders:

1. jtyee - pd

Shoe

Okay, it is going on again, let's buy some more cameras!

Round two orders:

1. jtyee - pd

Shoe
VaccaRabite
Shoe! Can't you do this in January?
Friggen tempt tempt grahhh!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.