Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GoPro CAMERA GROUP BUY ROUND TWO!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
hot_shoe914
Okay, since I don't have enough time to do all that I am already doing, I have decided to do some more. I have been in contact with a supplier of GoPro video cameras. The GoPro HD sales for 299.00 on the GoPro website with accessories for attaching it to your car, helmet, surfboard or whatever. I have worked a deal with a vendor to save us some money. I should have final price tomorrow but for now we would be looking at 230.00 - 235.00 plus shipping which should be about 5 - 7 dollars in the lower 48. This is if I can get at least 10 to 15 of these sold. I will also be advertising this to the SCCA people I race with so that should help. Hoping to get at least 25 sold but if we reach 50 I have been promised extra goodies such as t-shirts and stuff. I will have the final details tomorrow. If you are interested in this please post here so I know whether ot not to mess with it. Some of the Dragon video was shot with these cameras if you need something to look at. They also have videos to view on their website. Here is a link to the GoPro site. http://www.goprocamera.com/ This is great for all you autoXers and anyone else that lives to drive, ride, fly, ski or anything else. Waterproof to 180ft so works even in the rain.

Shoe
scotty b
I'll start setting some money aside right now, provided we can get it done before the Dragon run. I WILL have one by then smile.gif
ottox914
I'm in. Let me know how much to sent, when to send it, and where to send it.
cary
I'm in. I've looking at them too. The extra $60 discount pushed me over the edge.
I'll wait for the time and place for the $$$$.
hot_shoe914
Sounds good guys, waiting on a phone call now for final pricing, hoping to get it even lower with enough units sold.

Shoe
Cupomeat
Sadly, I already picked one up for about $275 from a retailer, and all I can say is "GET ONE"!!!

These are perfect for us gear heads! The camera goes everywhere with me and can go everywhere on my car.

Want to see wheel movement on a turn - Attach it to the fender
Want to see my hand movement on a run - stick it in on the harness bar
Want to watch your throttle linkage in action - put it in the engine bay

IT GOES ANYWHERE and in the rain too!

A GREAT tool and great images too!

http://vimeo.com/14238264

group buy is a great idea, Time to tell my 914 friends to get in on this.

BTW, it is a great tool for videoing small children too. As it has no screen they lose interest in it and will accept it being around them instead of the constant struggle to keep them from behind the camera that I usually have.
VaccaRabite
Very interested, but poor right now. Lets see where things stand when money is being collected.

Zach
montoya 73 2.0
Could also be interested! 240.00 isn't bad at all!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Sep 9 2010, 05:27 PM) *

Very interested, but poor right now. Lets see where things stand when money is being collected.

Zach

Hopefully you will be able to join in. The good part about this group buy is it is very attainable with a minimum number of 10 to get it going.
FourBlades

I am in for one. I almost bought one several times at $300.

John
hot_shoe914
Okay folks, talked to the supplier today. Here is the deal if you want one of these sweet cameras....237.50 shipped to your front door! That's not a bad deal. Wish I would have waited as I paid more a few weeks ago myself. Seriously considering another one so I can shoot front and back at the same time.

$237.50 SHIPPED! piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif

Let me know who is in.

Shoe beer3.gif
dlee6204
I've been wanting one of these for a while now and this seems like an awesome deal. I don't know if the funds will allow it though... I'm gunna have to think about it.
PeeGreen 914
Put me down for two. I may be in for three but need to talk to someone first. Two for sure though piratenanner.gif
Jakeodoule
I have the wide angle gopro camera.
I have found it to be the biggest POS electronic device I have ever used.
It only works 25% of the time. other times it shuts off by itself, records bad video, eats batteries like you would not believe. Does not fit the waterproof case correctly, rattles around in the case and the battery cover comes loose. Then the batteries disconnect. Any video is lost when batteries go dead or come loose. Everytime I go to use it, I get so frustrated I want to smash it. does not work at all on regular batteries. barley works on nicads. Works best on Lithium batteries that are not cheap and it rips thru 2 AA in an hour.

I have heard they have fixed these problems on the new HD one by having a rechargeable built in Lithium pack. But they won't do anything about my $250 purchase. They just say tough luck. so they will not be getting any more of my money..... bootyshake.gif

FourBlades

I am in for one!

It may have some problems but for $237 you aren't getting a Nikon.

John
scotty b
In 4 1

U rock Don smile.gif
ottox914
In for one, possibly 2.
scotty b
Do we have a deadline in mind for this to happen by ?
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 12 2010, 09:24 AM) *

Do we have a deadline in mind for this to happen by ?

Not really as far as I know. I'm sure they won't extend that price to me forever but I'd like to get it moving. I figure if I can get at least 10, then we can move on it. If not ten in a few days, we will roll anyway.
VaccaRabite
I'm out. Have to deal with a pay decrease until Jan 1, 2011. sad.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Sep 12 2010, 09:56 PM) *

I'm out. Have to deal with a pay decrease until Jan 1, 2011. sad.gif

Sorry to hear that Zach but completely understand. Just got back money they cut from us 6 months ago.
hot_shoe914
Okay, looks like we have request for 7 units so far. Close enough for me to get it rolling. I may buy another which will make it 8 and maybe we can get a couple more buyers in the next couple of days. If you guys want to start sending money we will make this happen. You can mail me a check or do paypal. If you use paypal you will HAVE to add in the paypal fees as they have already threatened to shut me down due to all the gift transactions on the tail lenes group buy. Total cost including shipping is $237.50. This does NOT include paypal fees. Checks to be made payable to me as I will be sending one lump payment to the supplier. Thanks to all who are helping make this possible for each other.

Shoe

checks to:

Donald R. Russell
1650 Raymore Rd.
Memphis, Tn. 38117

paypal to:

donziii1@earthlink.net ............looks like paypal charges are about $7.00

be sure to mark it for the GoPro so I won't mix the money with the other group buy. Thanx

Any questions or concerns feel free to contact me. Just for the record these are BRAND NEW units in unopened factory packaging and come with full factory warranty. first.gif
ottox914
I've got a friend on the fence about one- I told him end of the week to let me know. I'll send my $$$ as check on friday, and if he's in, will be ordering 2.
FourBlades

Paypal for $247.50 sent.

That should cover paypal fees, right?

John
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Sep 14 2010, 07:24 AM) *

Paypal for $247.50 sent.

John

Yes, that covered it with about $2.50 left over. Get with me at the MUSR11 and I will give you the difference back.
hot_shoe914
Here is the list of payments.

1. FourBlades - pd
2. scotty b pd.
3. ConeDodger - pd
4. Phoenix 914-6GT - awaiting check - - - - two units...way to go, one for the front and one for the rear!
5. Ottox - awaiting check
6. RiqueMar - possibly
7. Socalandy
8. cary
ConeDodger
Paid...
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 14 2010, 06:30 PM) *

Paid...

Thanks Rob, you are gonna love it!
RiqueMar
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 15 2010, 05:14 AM) *

Paid...

Put me in for one, and I'll confirm by Friday
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Sep 15 2010, 11:33 AM) *

Paid...

Will do, thanks for helping out.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Sep 15 2010, 09:33 AM) *

Paid...

Just to be clear, we are talking about the HD Motorsports Hero, right?
ottox914
Stopped by the credit union over lunch, to drop off a couple checks for my wife. Yes, we still use paper forms of commerce in WI. I picked a certified check for ya, figured its easy to do while I'm there and there will be no holds on it as if I sent you a WI personal check. I'll get it in the mail tonight, and if anyone else I mentioned this to wants one, they can pay you directly.
BigDBass
popcorn[1].gif
I want to get in on this but have to review cash flows and consider budget for some kind of dragon thing in the mid-US.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Sep 15 2010, 01:10 PM) *

Paid...

yes, that is correct. GoPro HD Motorsports new in the box with factory warranty.
Socalandy
I'm in at that price!! Keep me posted
FourBlades
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 14 2010, 03:34 PM) *

QUOTE(FourBlades @ Sep 14 2010, 07:24 AM) *

Paypal for $247.50 sent.

John

Yes, that covered it with about $2.50 left over. Get with me at the MUSR11 and I will give you the difference back.

Great, you can buy me a beer. beer3.gif

John
RiqueMar
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 15 2010, 12:36 PM) *

Paid...

yes, that is correct. GoPro HD Motorsports new in the box with factory warranty.

Also, does it come with all the 'goodies' that it lists on the site?

1 HD HERO Camera (5 megapixel)
1 Rechargable 1100 mAh Lithium-Ion Battery
1 Waterproof Quick-Release Housing (180’/60 m)
3 Flat, 3M™ Adhesive Mounts
2 Curved, 3M™ Adhesive Mounts
2 Quick-Release Buckles
1 Vertical Surface “J-Hook” Buckle
1 Suction Cup Mount
1 Three-Way Pivoting Side Arm Assembly
1 USB Cable
1 Component Video (HDTV) Cable
1 Composite Video + Audio Out Cable
Warranty: One Year
cary
Asleep at the wheel. I'll Paypal from home tonight.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Sep 15 2010, 05:18 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 15 2010, 12:36 PM) *

Paid...

Also, does it come with all the 'goodies' that it lists on the site?

1 HD HERO Camera (5 megapixel)
1 Rechargable 1100 mAh Lithium-Ion Battery
1 Waterproof Quick-Release Housing (180’/60 m)
3 Flat, 3M™ Adhesive Mounts
2 Curved, 3M™ Adhesive Mounts
2 Quick-Release Buckles
1 Vertical Surface “J-Hook” Buckle
1 Suction Cup Mount
1 Three-Way Pivoting Side Arm Assembly
1 USB Cable
1 Component Video (HDTV) Cable
1 Composite Video + Audio Out Cable
Warranty: One Year

Yes, comes with all of that.
RiqueMar
Cool, put me in for 2 now. Dad wants one. I'll also ask some of the racer guys down the street if they want any.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Sep 15 2010, 08:42 PM) *

Cool, put me in for 2 now. Dad wants one. I'll also ask some of the racer guys down the street if they want any.

Sweet! Let me know if anybody else wants in.

Shoe

Here is the list of payments.

1. FourBlades - pd
2. scotty b pd.
3. ConeDodger - pd
4. Phoenix 914-6GT - pd - - - - two units...way to go, one for the front and one for the rear!
5. Ottox - pd
6. RiqueMar - 3 units - pd - still need 20.96 for paypal fees.
7. Socalandy - pd
8. cary - pd
9. sitz - pd
10 dadroo - pd
11. ClayPerrine - pd
12. Ysidro - pd

I also have 2 people from the local SCCA wanting them. As soon as the money for these arrive I will place an order. You can still buy even after the first order. I will let everyoneknow when I can no longer get this price.
hot_shoe914
Going to try & place an order Monday if enough money comes in by then.
ottox914
Check sent- my friend Sitz wants one also- I'll send him the link and he can pay you directly.
brant
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Sep 9 2010, 03:13 PM) *

Sadly, I already picked one up for about $275 from a retailer, and all I can say is "GET ONE"!!!

These are perfect for us gear heads! The camera goes everywhere with me and can go everywhere on my car.

http://vimeo.com/14238264

BTW, it is a great tool for videoing small children too. As it has no screen they lose interest in it and will accept it being around them instead of the constant struggle to keep them from behind the camera that I usually have.

does anybody have experience with the sound quality on this unit?
(Eric or anyone)

I want to find something with a little bit of sound quality or at least better than the static you sometimes find on in-car footage.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(brant @ Sep 16 2010, 03:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Sep 9 2010, 03:13 PM) *

[url=

does anybody have experience with the sound quality on this unit?
(Eric or anyone)

I want to find something with a little bit of sound quality or at least better than the static you sometimes find on in-car footage.

in car & not in direct wind the sound is awesome.
Socalandy
Go to Youtube, lots of examples and good sound. with the camera and mic in the case it works well and they have different backs and seals based on wind/MPH speeds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8_SGPCMtK8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq0LyxMt42M
hot_shoe914
A couple more paid units! Will order as soon as the checks arrive.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 16 2010, 08:00 PM) *

A couple more paid units! Will order as soon as the checks arrive.

Make mine 3 units! The Snap-On guy wants one, and has paid me already.

Also, a friend of mine wants one, can he just send you a Paypal with his address and such?
cary
Paypal just sent. $245
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(cary @ Sep 16 2010, 10:37 PM) *

Paypal just sent.

Count me in too...

Clay

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.