IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
ripper911
I've gotta ask, how does the 916 smell?
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
McMark
Uh oh, somebody lost a contact near the race car.
biosurfer1
either that or those are MOPAR guys trying to find the engine:)
poorsche914
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Oct 17 2010, 09:19 AM) *

I've gotta ask, how does the 916 smell?
It has a very distinct German leather smell.
Different from the usual smell of leather upholstered vehicles.
poorsche914
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Oct 17 2010, 10:37 AM) *

IPB Image
They were looking for a missing cone. Huey ate one at the blind auto-x. Guess he was hungry. blink.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(cooltimes @ Oct 15 2010, 04:59 PM) *

Referencing for post 47:
PS What is the exact location of that picture?
We had just turned off of 411/72/33 onto 360 in Vonore, TN. Ken's driver side shaft came unbolted from the CV.
d914
Click to view attachment
d914
Click to view attachment
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
poorsche914
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Oct 17 2010, 08:32 PM) *

IPB Image

Be sure to check out this thread with details on the photos taken by US129photos.com
He is offering ALL the Porsche pictures from Friday, Saturday and Sunday for only $45 on CD. There will be over 2000 images!!!
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
cooltimes

You sir, are a true gentleman for taking a moment to reply.
Thank you very much for the location as well as about the problem that Ken was having. Always great to have good 914 buds around when trouble pops up.
I hope everyone had a great time.
Is that 914 in your avatar the 914 once owned by John Dunkle of Rennlist fame?

Thanks.

MikeCool
Oakfield, TN

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 17 2010, 02:47 PM) *

QUOTE(cooltimes @ Oct 15 2010, 04:59 PM) *

Referencing for post 47:
PS What is the exact location of that picture?
We had just turned off of 411/72/33 onto 360 in Vonore, TN. Ken's driver side shaft came unbolted from the CV.

Richard Casto
Wish I had been able to attend. sad.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(cooltimes @ Oct 17 2010, 10:14 PM) *

You sir, are a true gentleman for taking a moment to reply.
Thank you very much for the location as well as about the problem that Ken was having. Always great to have good 914 buds around when trouble pops up.
I hope everyone had a great time.
Is that 914 in your avatar the 914 once owned by John Dunkle of Rennlist fame?

Thanks.

MikeCool
Oakfield, TN
Glad to help you out with your questions.
I am pretty sure everyone enjoyed their time at MUSR11. I personally had a dream weekend. I was given a 914 to drive on Friday (mine is not running) and on Saturday, I spent the day riding around in the 916 w00t.gif I have posted a video and photo and will post more as I have time to edit.
The 914 in my avatar belongs to George Hussey at AA. My LE has a long way to go to look like that drooley.gif
BigDBass
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 17 2010, 09:35 PM) *
I have posted a video

Linky?
dlee6204
I have posted a video
Linky?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=112178&hl=
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 17 2010, 03:47 PM) *

We had just turned off of 411/72/33 onto 360 in Vonore, TN.

Actually we were on 72, just east of 411.
veltror
on post #67, any more pictures of that car? What colour is it? Looks similar to what I have in my mind for mine if it ever gets done...
poorsche914
QUOTE(veltror @ Oct 18 2010, 04:53 AM) *

on post #67, any more pictures of that car? What colour is it? Looks similar to what I have in my mind for mine if it ever gets done...

Not sure the exact color of yellow but it has pearl in it. Looks really nice in person.
dlee6204

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 18 2010, 07:02 AM) *

QUOTE(veltror @ Oct 18 2010, 04:53 AM) *

Not sure the exact color of yellow but it has pearl in it. Looks really nice in person.

Wrong car. The pearl yellow car was the narrow body car with the 993 motor. I'm not sure of the color of the flared car though. Its the same car in post 104 & 122.
d914
post 67,,,, 1.8 vw turbo, passat tranny, "junk yard yellow" as described by owner.. nice car..quick too
scotty b
trip down with Matt, ( plas76targa) Kevin and Leesa ( Okieflyer )
scotty b
Panamera we ran with for a bit. I was probably the only dope taking pictures of the gaps on the 916 unsure.gif but I know of at least one other taking pics of the roof for reference poke.gif poke.gif
scotty b
mo
scotty b
smile.gif
scotty b
driving.gif the green car on the left belonged to two guys that happened to stumble upon us at lunch and ran back to the hotel that afternoon. I did not get a chance to talk to them but I know several other did and can fill in the story.
scotty b
sunglasses.gif
scotty b
smoke.gif A VERY informative bridge. This kind of info could possibly save a life someday.
scotty b
smile.gif I have more pics on my phone I will post if they are any good.

There is also aTON of video as many of us were running our go pros the whole time. There was some discussion about just adding links to our individual tube clips instead of loading up this site. If anyone has a better idea chime in. I can promise you, you will want to see these videos....all but Zach. There was some habitual line crossing going on I am sure dry.gif
jfort
enjoyed the pictures. thanks! wish I could have been there
scotty b
Oh and Kevin Leesa and I took an " alternate " route back and had an adventure almost as good as the dragon. Leesa has pics and video of it, but here is a teaser bootyshake.gif
jaxdream
Great piratenanner.gif pics , look forward to the videos !!!

Jack / Jaxdream
gasman
What a GREAT time it was.......My wife's Creamsicle and my 76 made it there and back with no problems. For those of you that didn't make it, if your car had a problem, there would be three guys under the car.....a full set of tools....and spare parts in 2 minutes.....and don't forget, if there was a fire....you would have 40 fire extinguishers at the ready....all the 914 cars were happy because they were doing what they were made to do.......90 degree turns.........
cooltimes
Scotty B.,
Great shots, Thanks for sharing your GREAT photos with us in the 914World.

Sort of curious about the cd someone (who exactly is the owner of the pixs ?) has offered to all of us for $45. Will these photos of Scotty B. and other 914 World teeners who shared their own pixs be on that cd?
That copyrighted photo of Clay driving his 914 needs to be the Poster for this event especially since he and Shoe put their hearts into making it happen for all that went.

MikeCool

QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 18 2010, 09:23 AM) *

smile.gif I have more pics on my phone I will post if they are any good.

There is also aTON of video as many of us were running our go pros the whole time. There was some discussion about just adding links to our individual tube clips instead of loading up this site. If anyone has a better idea chime in. I can promise you, you will want to see these videos....all but Zach. There was some habitual line crossing going on I am sure dry.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.