Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MUSR 11 Event Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
scotty b
Mike it is my understanding that CD is offerd by route129 photos. They setup at various points on the road and take pics. Those pics are then available for purchase from their site. Those will also ONLY be pics form the points they set up on at the dragon, they will not be photos of the rest of out time.

As for our trip, my pics are a very small portion of what was taken. Donalds daughter had over 900 pics on the first day alone !!! Give it a day or two and you guys will have more pics then you care to look at lol-2.gif
VaccaRabite
The US129 site hires photographers and stations them on various corners of the Dragon. Click click click click. Business model is pretty easy. They often have their guys on well known corners so the drivers know where they are going to be. Car guys know that the photo guys are going to be there, and where they are going to be. Photo guys take lots of pics and put them on line. Car guys go to the website and buy the pics of their car. If a club rep get in touch with the photo rep, they put deals like this together. It saves the site money in hosted images and bandwidth and builds goodwill.

But photo's like Scott's won't be on it unless some prior deal has been worked out.

Zach
poorsche914
QUOTE(cooltimes @ Oct 18 2010, 11:31 AM) *
Sort of curious about the cd someone (who exactly is the owner of the pixs ?) has offered to all of us for $45. Will these photos of Scotty B. and other 914 World teeners who shared their own pixs be on that cd?
That copyrighted photo of Clay driving his 914 needs to be the Poster for this event especially since he and Shoe put their hearts into making it happen for all that went.

MikeCool

The $45 CD of images is from US129photos.com - a professional photo company that shoots on the Dragon every day. I know the owner and he set up the special deal for our group. If you look at his regular pricing, $45 will get you 10 images on CD. So, for the same price, you are getting in the neighborhood of 2,000 images!!!
He actually just randomly picked the shot of Clay for that page. I told him that was the perfect picture since it was of the event organizer.
Brittany had so many pictures that it took more than one DVD and she only had time to burn a few sets. These will be posted by various people on Flikr accounts, etc and I am guessing links will be supplied.
cooltimes
Thanks Scotty B, Zach and Poorsche914 for the clarity about the cd pixs.
Didn't have a clue until your replies.
As long as I am doing this post, I'll ask, "Are there going to be any text on each photo saying who is in each of the photos shown. Many will be like me wondering whose 914 that is and who are those people in the photos.
With that said, and referring back to Scotty about Donald's daughter photos, I can NEVER see too many 914 pixs no matter if the 914's, their owners and how much they enjoy getting together for these 914world events.
You 914 people ALWAYS keep making each of our days interesting.
That 916 was cool but it took all the 914's to make it GREAT.

Thanks.
MikeCool
PS Special thanks to Sir Andy for the 914world site.

QUOTE(scotty b @ Oct 18 2010, 10:36 AM) *

Mike it is my understanding that CD is offerd by route129 photos. They setup at various points on the road and take pics. Those pics are then available for purchase from their site. Those will also ONLY be pics form the points they set up on at the dragon, they will not be photos of the rest of out time.

As for our trip, my pics are a very small portion of what was taken. Donalds daughter had over 900 pics on the first day alone !!! Give it a day or two and you guys will have more pics then you care to look at lol-2.gif

poorsche914
QUOTE(cooltimes @ Oct 18 2010, 12:25 PM) *
As long as I am doing this post, I'll ask, "Are there going to be any text on each photo saying who is in each of the photos shown. Many will be like me wondering whose 914 that is and who are those people in the photos.

To caption every photo taken would be a colossal undertaking. But I think if the person could add a short caption to each photo he/she posts, that would be nice.
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Live Event Uploader @ Oct 18 2010, 01:26 PM) *

IPB Image

I know this picture was taken from Betty's 914. I recognize the antenna.

Who took it?

dlee6204

Who took it?

Uhh that was taken in your car buddy. poke.gif And I took it. biggrin.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Oct 19 2010, 08:59 AM) *
Who took it?
Clay must not quite be awake yet. Betty's car doesn't have flares rolleyes.gif
naro914
I have a lot of pictures, not sure where I'm going to post them yet.

I like this one. Did a little cropping, but it came out pretty cool.

Click to view attachment
poorsche914
Nice shot, Bob.
naro914
can't figure out how to resize to fit the sizing requirements and still keep the nice sharp resolution...
naro914
more...
naro914
and...
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
poorsche914
QUOTE(naro914 @ Oct 19 2010, 10:30 AM) *

can't figure out how to resize to fit the sizing requirements and still keep the nice sharp resolution...

In Photoshop I use Unsharp Mask to sharpen things up a bit when I resize for the web. There may be a similar filter in the program you are using. Just be careful not to over sharpen.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 19 2010, 08:07 AM) *

QUOTE(dlee6204 @ Oct 19 2010, 08:59 AM) *
Who took it?
Clay must not quite be awake yet. Betty's car doesn't have flares rolleyes.gif

Give me a freaking break.. in that picture, the paint looks ORANGE. I didnt' see the flared fender.

2 days driving home in the truck pulling a trailer.. YUK. I don't ever want to trailer a car again.
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
naro914
kind of a cool image of Huey....

Click to view attachment
naro914
Click to view attachment
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Live Event Uploader
IPB Image
Grngoat
I've uploaded all my photos from the weekend onto my smugmug account:

http://grngoat.smugmug.com/Porsche-stuff/M...058575265_cj66K

You can download any or all of them at their full 15 megapixel resolution or buy prints.

209 photos on there right now. I may add a few panoramas if they turn out well.

Here's one.
Click to view attachment

rwjames
This was taken during our first tech session about a mile from the hotel.
rwjames
4 cylinder lineup at the car show.
rwjames
This is Jamie's very original Delphi green metallic 1973 1.7 with window sticker. His father bought this car new and Jamie has maintained it to as built specification. This car is a time capsule.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.