Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MUSR 11 Event Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
cooltimes
Bob, That is a real unique view of Huey.
Here is mine using a Brittney Dragon Tail event photo of Huey.
Mine is a Mosiac view using GIMP. Zoom in close and you can see each stone, probably well enough to clone with some mosiac tile for your patio area.

http://members.rennlist.com/mikecool/hueybsav.jpg

QUOTE(naro914 @ Oct 19 2010, 12:45 PM) *

kind of a cool image of Huey....

Click to view attachment

BigDBass
QUOTE(Grngoat @ Oct 23 2010, 03:54 PM) *

I've uploaded all my photos from the weekend onto my smugmug account:
http://grngoat.smugmug.com/Porsche-stuff/M...058575265_cj66K

Great shots Avery!

Love this one:
IPB Image
dr914@autoatlanta.com
That shot is pure art and would make a GREAT poster.

QUOTE(BigDBass @ Oct 25 2010, 08:54 AM) *

Great shots Avery!

Love this one:
IPB Image

bandjoey
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 25 2010, 11:18 AM) *

That shot is pure art and would make a GREAT poster.

QUOTE(BigDBass @ Oct 25 2010, 08:54 AM) *

Great shots Avery!

Love this one:
IPB Image

Or a T-Shirt shades.gif
Mary Shortridge
More photos on flickr
www.flickr.com/photos/musr11
Thanks to Brittney Russell for gathering them from the attendees...
And Thank You Mary for getting them loaded!!!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Oct 25 2010, 04:16 PM) *

And Thank You Mary for getting them loaded!!!

Ken, I have your photos on disc that Brittney burned for you.
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Oct 25 2010, 11:54 AM) *

Great shots Avery!

Love this one:
IPB Image

Damn I like that picture. How did you do it?

Bob

bandjoey
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Oct 26 2010, 10:15 AM) *

QUOTE(BigDBass @ Oct 25 2010, 11:54 AM) *

Great shots Avery!

Love this one:
IPB Image

Damn I like that picture. How did you do it?

Bob

IS it possible to email a high resolution pic? or post a link? Or do a 2011 MUSR Calendar with these super photos?
BigDBass
You can download the full resolution version from the link Avery posted. I'd upload it here but not sure if that's ok. It's 8.4 megs!

I'm going to order a print of that one to put on my wall. Just debating size and whether I want it framed or just mounted.
BIGKAT_83
Think I'll order one for myself.

Glad I parked in that spot.
Bob

jt914-6
Looks like it was taken with available light (no flash) just a little after sunset judging by the little light around the trees in the background.....
poorsche914
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Oct 26 2010, 05:04 PM) *

Looks like it was taken with available light (no flash) just a little after sunset judging by the little light around the trees in the background.....

Long exposure at night. You can see the stars in the background.
jt914-6
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 26 2010, 05:17 PM) *

QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Oct 26 2010, 05:04 PM) *

Long exposure at night. You can see the stars in the background.

Also on a tripod....or a VERY steady hand...... biggrin.gif
d914
I have one complaint about all these pics!!!!! The ones I'm in all show the back of my head highlighting my shinny bald spot!!!!!!! smile.gif
BigDBass
QUOTE(d914 @ Oct 26 2010, 05:21 PM) *

I have one complaint about all these pics!!!!! The ones I'm in all show the back of my head highlighting my shinny bald spot!!!!!!! smile.gif

agree.gif mad.gif

beer.gif
Grngoat
Thanks for the compliments. You can download the photo from that website at it's full resolution. Just hover over the photo and a box will pop up. Click on "original" and it will load at full size. Then just right click and "save picture as". You can also buy prints at all different sizes from that site or have it printed by someone else. The big ones aren't cheap and I haven't done it yet, so I don't know exactly how good they are.

Certainly not handheld. That is an HDR photo. It is actually three different exposures taken separately and then combined with a software program. It was about 11:30 at night, so not much light for the background stuff. The cars were well lit by the lightpost. One photo was 5 seconds, one was 10 seconds, the last was 20. All were at f/4 and iso 100. The 5 second exposure captures the highlights without washing them out, but the darker areas will be totally dark. The 20 second exposure captures things that are very dark, like the sky behind, but the cars are very overexposed. It's a technique that makes some very striking photos. Oftentimes unrealisticly so. But that is really what it looked like that night. When I saw the two very bright, very different colors side by side under that unique lighting, I went straight to my room and got my camera and tripod. If you wondered what I was doing outside taking pictures at midnight, now you know.

Sometimes they look like crap. You never know until you get on a computer and process them. Here are a couple more I've done that turned out well.

http://grngoat.smugmug.com/keyword/hdr#1065941509_dwR2o
poorsche914
Very nice work, Avery. smilie_pokal.gif
I have just started doing the multiple exposure HDR though have some PS filters that work pretty well.
BigDBass
Can any of you photographer types give any guidance about the "lustre" or "metallic" paper options for a SmugMug print of that pic of Avery's? I think I can handle the cropping. (Auto-crop!)
poorsche914
I'm thinking that will look really cool on the metallic paper.
If there is a manual crop, do that. Auto-crop will just cut off top and/or sides to make it fit the print aspect ratio.
BigDBass
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Oct 27 2010, 10:10 PM) *
I'm thinking that will look really cool on the metallic paper.
If there is a manual crop, do that. Auto-crop will just cut off top and/or sides to make it fit the print aspect ratio.

Thanks Steven! Just ordered 11x14 metallic and hopefully my adjusted crop (slid a tad to the right from the auto-crop) works!

It will be hung along with your MUSR poster (and a framed drawing of what my 30 year-old Tennessee mountain maple bonsai should like like in 10 years drawn by 85 year-old Japanese bonsai master Ben Oki!)
Grngoat
Cool. Let us now how it turns out. I have wondered what the metallic prints look like.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.