Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Disco Bay, CA transmission rebuild clinic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(zx-niner @ Jun 10 2011, 10:23 PM) *

Bringing side dish, a couple bottles of wine (not a big beer drinker), two transmission, tools, working cart, stool for resting, rags, gasket sets, more tools, two short 2x4 boards, and several boxes of free-to-good-home small, miscellaneous 914 parts from when I wasn't able to get to McMark's swap meet.

Awsome..... piratenanner.gif

Where is our wine uncorking smilie????
Dr Evil
Landed
Mike Bellis
Day one was a success! I got my tranny done, sold my core.

Shot of the motley crew...

Click to view attachment

The Evil Genius adjusting forks...

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
This young lady brought her dad biggrin.gif She did more work than anyone. She and her dad rebuilt a 901 and then she helped others get trannies back together.I was quite impressed by her drive and knowledge. We can only wish our doughter was that into reparing her own stuff. first.gif

Click to view attachment

Here is a shot of my other stack. A member arrived with a galled pinion. he bought my spare tranny which was in pretty good shape.

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
I really wish I could have gone.. Sadly i sold my spare trani's a couple years ago for a song... However my current one needs a rebuild.
Mike Bellis
The covated H gear...

Click to view attachment

More worker bees...

Click to view attachment

Awesome time had by all. I just got back home. When I left all were done but one tail dragger. The kind Dr. was operating on a diff. Stuffing a 914 diff into a 911/912 tranny.

Thank you so much Dr. Mike and the host Jeff. Jeff's house is awesome and his BBQ meat is even better.
chrispy
A big thanks to Jeff for his hospitality and his garage. A HUGE thanks to the Dr. for his patience. A good time was had by all. It was great to learn about tranys while having the Dr. correct my errors before I put it back together.
Thanks to all, Chris
arkitect
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jun 12 2011, 06:14 PM) *

The covated H gear...

Click to view attachment

More worker bees...

Click to view attachment

Awesome time had by all. I just got back home. When I left all were done but one tail dragger. The kind Dr. was operating on a diff. Stuffing a 914 diff into a 911/912 tranny.

Thank you so much Dr. Mike and the host Jeff. Jeff's house is awesome and his BBQ meat is even better.

Thanks Mike for your help finishing up the final assembly of my side shifter. Thanks Lennie for helping me put together the gear stacks. I was the slow one. It took 3 trannys to finally get the third one to go back together with good parts.

I enjoyed the weekend. Thanks Jeff for hosting the clinic and thanks Mike for the expert advice and putting up with all of my questions.

I don't know if I could put one back together without the experts but at least I got an idea of what it takes to do one.

Dave
Andyrew
The covated H gear...

Mike,

Im a little confused, You still have the 'H' gear? I thought someone had claimed it a while ago?

Jeffs9146
It was fun having everyone over this weekend! We ended up with about 25 people and at least 15 finished transmissions maybe more!! There were at least 20 cars that stopped thinking we were having a garage sale......... not even close to a garage sale beerchug.gif !!

Thanks Agian to the good Dr for all of his knowledge and informational sarcasms av-943.gif ! We couldn't have done it with out you!!
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 13 2011, 03:01 PM) *

The covated H gear...

Mike,

Im a little confused, You still have the 'H' gear? I thought someone had claimed it a while ago?

I kept my H gear. My tranny looked good so I didn't F.. with it. That H gear was Jeeper John's.
Andyrew
Got it.

Jeffs9146
more
Mike Bellis
I do have to pull my tail cone off again. I just can't remember if I but the thrust bearing back in at the right spot. Last thing I want to do is pop it into reverse and trash my tranny.

Thanks again to Dr. Evil for a Time Sert to fix the speedo retainer threads.
Gudhjem
had a good time at the clinic and got my tranny rebuilt all on a Saturday. Thanks doc for the help and thanks Jeff for hosting. Nice work both of you.

--Steve
Dr Evil
Andy, I have another H gear if you want one smile.gif
EdwardBlume
Nice garage Jeff! Dr E does it right, and every 914 owner should go to one of these. Sorry I couldn't stop by, but I'm looking forward to the next one.
Dr Evil
A final update. I want to thank all of you who participated and made this a worth while event. This was by far the roughest one in regards to parts that I have done. I was spread too thin from working 13+hours a day, including the morning of the day I left, and then having a clinic a month before. Luckily, everyone was taken care of. smile.gif Other than parts mixups that were solved, the clinic was a smashing success!

Jeff, thanks for hosting. Your place is almost as awesome as you are smile.gif

Mike, thanks for the tickets and for the pickup from the airport and shuttle to Jeff's.

These events are pricey to do so participation and part sales really allow things to happen. I just picked the two cats and dog up from the kennel...$470. Parking fee....$74. Rental car for one day...$94 (I'll bitch about this in a different thread in the sandbox). dry.gif

I was fortunate enough to have old friends that lived near GPR so that I could go down there and do some work for the GPR gang. Sorted out their inventory of cores, good used parts, and rebuilt a gear box for them to sell. The money I made doing that has offset the cost of the whole week significantly. smile.gif And, it was great to help out a vendor that I believe in.

I look forward to the next time we can do this!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.