Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eric's Excellent Adventure
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Eric_Shea
OK... Thinking outloud here.

The girls are going to Brazil in April and I've elected to stay behind this year.

I'm going to see my Pops as he'll have a bunch of grungy parts from Jack that he'll be grabing in the next week or so. That means a road trip to Michigan will be in the works.

I'll also be stopping in Chicago to grab a bunch of core calipers we grabbed during the Partswerks clean out.

The thought is "southern route" from Salt Lake which would be I-70 and then a "northern route" home, which would be I-80. I was planning on taking a week off and meandering where the wind will take me. Starting Either early April 8th or later on the 7th. I'd have to be back on the 16th or 17th.

Wondering how many teeners I can see along the way...?

(maybe I'll just stay home and work on my teener) blink.gif
Dr Evil
Pittsburgh, PA?
Eric_Shea
Yeah! Right on the fuching way!! slap.gif
Eric_Shea
av-943.gif
RJMII
On the way home You're welcome to stop in and hang out here. you can sit in my car and make the "vroom vroom" sounds and pretend it runs; it should make you feel at home.
hot_shoe914
You definitely need to stop and see Hondo and swing through Kansas and see Buttercup!
Gint
Stop by and see the new shack! We can do some grillin and drinkin.
kfish914
I live 10 minutes from the 80/90 toll road exit in Indiana. My car may have the enine back in by then if not you could see it in it's nature state, on jacks hissyfit.gif
Vysoc

This bit advice means nothing, but I much preferred travelling on I-80 across Wyoming/Nebraska/Iowa versus I-70 through Kansas & Missouri (roughest road in the country). It all is contingent upon weather though. I lived in Iowa until I was 19 and loved to drive to Colorado on I-80. I'm quite the jack ball commenting on this from Florida right now though.

Vysoc idea.gif evilgrin.gif
Scott S
Cool!
When in April? Any tentative dates? I am in the final throws of booking a couple of shows in April - just some low stress bar junk - wanna sit in?

majkos
QUOTE(Gint @ Feb 22 2011, 06:28 PM) *

Stop by and see the new shack! We can do some grillin and drinkin.

and maybe grace my new place with your presence, cuz.
Click to view attachment
It'll put you in the Ferg worthy cat.
Scott S
hmmm. here is another thought - you and the colorado crew interested in an end of the ski season two day party up in Keystone? drunk.gif chowtime.gif
rick 918-S
Really not the most direct route. You would need a three week trip but hey... confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
OK... Let me see if'n I got this straight:

Somewhere in BFWY so I can sit in a car and make vroom vroom noises. Thinking. idea.gif

Hondo - Check. Into kissing baby's and such. Need an invite though. If the Brat say's it's OK, I can manage a lunch stop around that neck-o-the woods.

Have 66 Tele Custom Will Travel - Sitting in on a Blues Gig sounds doable. Shoot me a set list with some tunes to bang out so I knows the chords (or don't and I'll "tone" my way through it).

New Gint Shack - Yupper. Doable I would imagine. Not sure if I can elicit those "Son of God" like sun rays like Ferg can but, I'll sure try! biggrin.gif

End of Ski Seaons Keystone Party - Naaaaaaa... count me out. Sounds boring. w00t.gif OK... let me re-think YEAH! (knees are crap though... looking at surgery #7 soon)

Angola/Osceola - Maybe there's an Auburn in my future?? OK thumb3d.gif

Hmmmmmmm - Great White North. That Rick Route might be doable in reverse. Leave the "Rocky Mountain Oysters" and head for St. Paul Minny. Maybe through tornado alley though to see if I can dredge up any Kansass914's (let's see if Moorman has a pulse) biggrin.gif I could then hit "da UP ayyy?" Maybe see some Kinfolk in Alpena and see if that Tom guy really has a rear fog light on his 914! Thing of beauty wub.gif
Dr Evil
"That Rick Route might be doable in reverse."

That just sounds perverse.
Eric_Shea
Could be... ever see Rick in a dress? confused24.gif

Oh, BTW... I don't have any gas money. Looking for friends with benifits. lol3.gif
ottox914
I could possibly meet you guys in Duluth, or you could just take WI 53 rather than MN 35 north from mpls/st paul and swing by rice lake to check out the 914T.
Eric_Shea
What's a sure fire way to kill a thread on a 914 site?

Ask people for money! av-943.gif

I was kidding... so far it's looking like $800 in fuel to get about $400 worth of parts... thank god I saved on shipping all that stuff! w00t.gif

OK... onward. Get a ride in a Turbo 914 - CHECK!

How's this look?
Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Looks like that'll work.. wacko.gif BTW: a dress? come on. Wouldn't that be attractive! A couple spindlie white north MN legs, low cut open back so you can see my 2 foot long scar down the middle of my back. yikes.gif Really wouldn't want to freak anyone out. unsure.gif Besides, you can't weld in a dress. welder.gif assimilate.gif biggrin.gif

majkos
any room for some brake cores?
I've bunch of calipers to get rid of.
majkos
I can give some beer cans you may cash in for 10cent a piece in Mich
That should help fund the trip some biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
Si... Wll work for caliper cores.
RJMII
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 23 2011, 02:11 PM) *

What's a sure fire way to kill a thread on a 914 site?

Ask people for money! av-943.gif

I was kidding... so far it's looking like $800 in fuel to get about $400 worth of parts... thank god I saved on shipping all that stuff! w00t.gif

OK... onward. Get a ride in a Turbo 914 - CHECK!

How's this look?
Click to view attachment

If I'm letter "J", it belongs more up by the "Y" in wYoming. BFWY is right. biggrin.gif maybe a little further away than BFWY... we're a geographical oddity, two weeks from everywhere.
SLITS
You forgot Indy where you have to stop and pick up a brick.

Yeh ... that kinda brick.

smoke.gif
Kirmizi
Just remember, it's cheaper to drive eastward through BFWY because you'll always have the wind at your back. biggrin.gif
Mike
TJB/914
[quote name='Eric_Shea' see if that Tom guy really has a rear fog light on his 914! Thing of beauty wub.gif
[/quote]

Depends on what time in April??? We will be on the "Red Neck Riviera Gulf" in Santa Rosa Beach, FL in April, so maybe confused24.gif

Tom
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 22 2011, 09:15 PM) *

Could be... ever see Rick in a dress? confused24.gif

Oh, BTW... I don't have any gas money. Looking for friends with benifits. lol3.gif

As I am a mile or two off your beaten path for this trip, and as I take every opportunity to lovingly insult you, I will contribute some gas and beer money... beer.gif
Eric_Shea
Just remember, it's cheaper to drive eastward through BFWY because you'll always have the wind at your back.

One would hope...

IPB Image

If I'm letter "J", it belongs more up by the "Y" in wYoming.

Pretty sure that letter J is Cheyenne where Mike said he would buy me a beer at CB & Potts...

as I take every opportunity to lovingly insult you, I will contribute some gas and beer money...

You have my PayPal account... load it up. Slit's "brick" is gonna cost a ton. smoke.gif

Bliz... 14th? This could all change. I may not be crazy enough to drive to Duluth. I've seen lake freighters before but... I've never seen a real alien so... maybe.
RJMII
QUOTE(Kirmizi @ Feb 23 2011, 06:38 PM) *

Just remember, it's cheaper to drive eastward through BFWY because you'll always have the wind at your back. biggrin.gif
Mike

But the wind doesn't blow in Wyoming... Nebraska sucks. biggrin.gif

Pretty sure that letter J is Cheyenne where Mike said he would buy me a beer at CB & Potts...

I can offer Artesian water from the drinking fountain in front of the Chamber of Commerce...
Kirmizi
CB & Potts went the way of the dodo a couple years ago, it's a Verizon store now.
For you, I suppose we could buy a six-pack and sit in the parking lot though. biggrin.gif
Mike
mudfoot76
Depending on timing and your route passing through Indianapolis, I've got a running teener, working grill, beer, good whisky, scotch, and bourbon, and a new-to-me house that is always hospitable for fellow teeners.

Just let me know...
skota
QUOTE(ottox914 @ Feb 23 2011, 08:34 AM) *

I could possibly meet you guys in Duluth, or you could just take WI 53 rather than MN 35 north from mpls/st paul and swing by rice lake to check out the 914T.

I woulnt mind seeing this car of the month either. Oh and to meet some other folks. beerchug.gif
majkos
QUOTE(Kirmizi @ Feb 24 2011, 12:32 PM) *

CB & Potts went the way of the dodo a couple years ago, it's a Verizon store now.
For you, I suppose we could buy a six-pack and sit in the parking lot though. biggrin.gif
Mike

Don't forget a shot glass in rear pocket. drunk.gif
McMark
If you come out this way, I know where there's an old rusty 914 starter sitting in a field. We can drink moonshine and poke it with a stick. poke.gif
Eric_Shea

Right On! beerchug.gif OK, what's the brewpub downtown that use to be a train station? That's the one I was thinking of.

Let's see...can we fit Indy and Madison in this crazy map?

I know where there's an old rusty 914 starter sitting in a field. We can drink moonshine and poke it with a stick.

That's Slits... I don't think he'd appreciate it.
Ferg
Hmm what do I need brought out to me in CO from MI shades.gif
Eric_Shea
Other way around...
majkos
he could help pay for fuel to have stuff delivered to Mich.! idea.gif
rnellums
Eric, I have some caliper cores too If you would like them. It would be nice to meet a a poor shea celebrity.
Eric_Shea
shea celebrity

I was in the Posiden Adventure! biggrin.gif

he could help pay for fuel

I like that idea... thumb3d.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 24 2011, 12:53 PM) *

If you come out this way, I know where there's an old rusty 914 starter sitting in a field. We can drink moonshine and poke it with a stick. poke.gif

lol-2.gif av-943.gif
smontanaro
I'm in the Chicago area and up for a get together.

Skip
ptravnic
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Mar 2 2011, 07:32 AM) *

I'm in the Chicago area and up for a get together.

Skip

Ditto on Chicago. I'm in the city but can get just about anywhere in the area rather easily.

-pt
Eric_Shea
Let's plan on a ChiTown for sure. Glenn is in too.

Maybe something in the city. Drag you "Suburbanites" into reality for an evening!

I was planning on spending 2-3 nights/days there anyway as I have a deep love for my old home town.
Eric_Shea
lol-2.gif av-943.gif

What are you laughing at... he was referring to your car.
StratPlayer
Damn,,, I have a brother the lives in East Lansing
peteyd
Only a couple hours from lansing, you could pop in and check out the shop! Plus I got some cores if I needed to pursuade you to visit.
Eric_Shea
Hmmmmmmmmm... Passport? Check! That might be a fun lunch. Maybe persuade DaveP to come out of hiding. wink.gif
MDG
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 2 2011, 03:26 PM) *

Hmmmmmmmmm... Passport? Check! That might be a fun lunch. Maybe persuade DaveP to come out of hiding. wink.gif

Are you sure a Passport will do it?

I thought Dave ('Balljoint' Dave that is - not DaveP) mentioned something about you being on one of those international watch lists? confused24.gif I'm pretty sure the RCMP would let you in; but will Homeland Security let you out?

If you do make it across we'll meet you in Guelph at RD. smile.gif
balljoint
Yeah, Guelph is close to me anyway. I would go visit Mr. Shea. Even if it was only to get a look at his butt in person. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.