Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jukka's 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
OmaPossu
I don't have rockers yet.
OmaPossu
Thank you Brad, front lock panel arrived yesterday and is now in body shop!

I still need picture from front fender and rocker panel joint area!! Anyone? I dont have original rocker panels yet and we have to weld this lip to bottom of front fender.

All four fenders are in place and only thing to repair is bottom of front boot, looking quite good now smile.gif
OmaPossu
All major bodywork is done piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif now just some fine tuning in seams and filling some holes.
http://harrasteet.1g.fi/kuvat/OmaPossu+II/...0.12.12+009.JPG
Then tothe amazing world of seam puttys and sealers..
gms
Looks great, glad you were able to get the front panel from Brad!
OmaPossu
Hi, seems to be that my project is moving to paint shop this week smile.gif smile.gif
Question: how to paint bottom and inside fenders? How have you done it or how was it done by factory?
Socalandy
my -6 after media blasting showed me that it was undercoated and then painted body color. My thread has a lot of pictures of what we did.

You mentioned earlier you wanted to get your COA to search for your transmission number. After several conversations with them I was told that info was not recorded on the Cardex and was not on my COA. Your making great progress and congrats on saving another 914 first.gif always ready for more progress pictures!!
OmaPossu
Has -70 914/4 and /6 same relay board cover?
Dave_Darling
Nope, they're different. I don't have a picture handy, though.

--DD
OmaPossu
So this is not good for my six:
Ersatzteilnummer: 914.610.111.13

Then I am bidding wrom item..
Dave_Darling
The catalog in PDF calls for one of those for all 914s, but I thought it only fit the 914-4 models? It may be that the -4 version supersedes the -6 version even if it isn't quite right.

I do know the relay board is different. I could be wrong about the cover, though.

--DD
sixnotfour
The early covers have a hole for a hold down screw later do not
OmaPossu
I bought it so soon we know does it fit to -6 reley board. I'll let you know.
914Sixer
-4 and -6 covers are the same until Jan 72 when the reel type seat belts were installed. Jan 72 on the covers were slanted in the front to miss the seat belts anchor bracket on the rear wall. Dave is correct that the relay board are completely different.
sixnotfour
agree.gif evidently I was wrong after the slope style Porsche did away with the stud,
sixnotfour
It will fit even if not tech. correct= superceded
OmaPossu
Click to view attachment

First picture in paint shop. Now I really need to decide the colour! Signal Orange, Tangerine or Metallic Silver... this is hard!
cwpeden
One vote for Signal Orange mueba.gif

Its a combination of good handling : Yellow
Good Braking : Red
Mr.242
One Vote: SILVER!
piratenanner.gif Simply a staple for German cars!!!
Click to view attachment
OmaPossu
Slowly answered AG:

Your Porsche 914
Vehicle-Ident.-No.: 9140432344

Dear Mr. Pohjalainen,

Thank you for your e-mail from 1 September 2013.

Having checked our records we can inform you that your vehicle was originally painted silver metallic.

The complete vehicle, including the underbody and the wheel housing was undercoated. These parts were additionally equipped with a PVC coating, a protection against road stone and droning.

We hope that the above information is helpful and wish you ongoing pleasure with your Porsche 914.

Yours sincerely

Sandra Walz Katharina Hollatz

Porsche Classic
Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG
Porscheplatz 1
D- 70435 Stuttgart
Tel.: +49 (0) 711 911 27150

So, just PVC layer and then colour. No heavy undercoat to underbody. Ugh.
porbmw
Slow down....you are going to finish yours before I get mine done.... dry.gif
Nice work! beerchug.gif
OmaPossu
I dont think you have much to worry about that..
porbmw
QUOTE(OmaPossu @ Nov 7 2013, 12:51 PM) *

I dont think you have much to worry about that..

Um...
Yes...I do....but keep at it, it is inspiring.
Paul
OmaPossu
I was wrong, visited painter today and...
http://harrasteet.1g.fi/kuvat/OmaPossu+II/...81442133966.jpg

Hmmn, I have to finish my Quattro in two weeks so I have place for that in home garage smile.gif

And now I have to decide colour!!!!
914Timo
Looks great !! Vote here for original color. Silver metallic is one of my favorites.
OmaPossu
Timo, 90% sure its coming to be metallic silver. But you never know..
OmaPossu
Going backwards, litle more welding needed. Or better weld..
I have a new guy welding this week. Painting continuos next week.
OmaPossu
Cheap...
http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/porsc...PORT&noec=1
OmaPossu
Almost year in painter's hall, enough! Nothings going to happen. Reason is too bad quality in velding sad.gif. I lost my nervs and took six away from there. In september it's going to "better" velder and then back to painter.
Bad thing is I have payed first velder for almost nothing..

Not so easy and all time.. now beer3.gif and beerchug.gif and beer.gif und drunk.gif
Maltese Falcon
Don't worry Jukka you will find a good body shop.
This clock was in an old friends body shop...he was a great craftsman, but slow!
Best to stay out of shops with this style clock blink.gif Click to view attachment
Marty
OmaPossu
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jun 29 2014, 02:28 AM) *

This clock was in an old friends body shop...he was a great craftsman, but slow!
Best to stay out of shops with this style clock blink.gif Click to view attachment
Marty

Thats a clock I need!! Still for sale somewhere?

Maltese Falcon
After Jack passed away, the clock became a family heirloom to his kids.
His body shop finally delivered a black '58 Speedster back to its owners; brought in 1977 and finished in 2014. The Speedster owners kids had written this car off as missing !Click to view attachment
bulitt
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jun 28 2014, 07:28 PM) *

Marty

Well at least it was an accurate representation "while you wait"! biggrin.gif
OmaPossu
I found new guy who is welder and painter. He has a day job else where but good references. It would take some time but costs are going to be less than in professional shop takes. Looking cars he have painted quality looks good.

Lets hear he's offer..
914Sixer
It is fun again once you get back on track. You did the right thing by pulling out and finding someone new. popcorn[1].gif
OmaPossu
Hello, for a long time.
Have done some restoration work to Audi V8 meanwhile..But now my repair guy called me and asked what color it shoud be smile.gif He have done all metal work and now needs to do some painting inside cabin. At last!

So this is the time to decide The Color. I have toolguy's recepie for silver, that or original L96D. Original is a bit boring tone..
What do you think?
KELTY360
QUOTE(OmaPossu @ Feb 8 2015, 07:23 AM) *

Hello, for a long time.
Have done some restoration work to Audi V8 meanwhile..But now my repair guy called me and asked what color it shoud be smile.gif He have done all metal work and now needs to do some painting inside cabin. At last!

So this is the time to decide The Color. I have toolguy's recepie for silver, that or original L96D. Original is a bit boring tone..
What do you think?

L96E Gemini Metallic Blue is unusual and looks incredible. Glad it's moving forward again.
Niklas
Original colour so will the value stay high.

Niklas
speed metal army
QUOTE(Niklas @ Feb 8 2015, 02:31 PM) *

Original colour so will the value stay high.

Niklas

Agreed. I cant have my parts be part of anything but an original color six! biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif
OmaPossu
Ok gents, I saw it today and it is allready silver wink.gif
http://harrasteet.1g.fi/kuvat/VW-Porsche+9.../9.2.15+002.JPG
OmaPossu
HaHaa, now I know which color my 914 is going to be painted. Not Silver.
Tangerine.
Common here but I have never seen one live in Europe.
Lets hope I like it smile.gif
Larmo63
My first choice would always be the color that it left the factory as. My favorite 914 color is Adriatic blue.
r_towle
Very nice job.
Maltese Falcon
Jukka...good to see that you found a decent body+paint shop, you will be at Kars und Koffee in no time biggrin.gif
Marty
914Timo

CanĀ“t wait to see the color. Could you give us even a small hint

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Feb 23 2015, 05:18 AM) *

you will be at Kars und Koffee in no time biggrin.gif

That would be "Autoja ja Kahvia" in Finnish beer3.gif
OmaPossu
Sorry to disappoint you all, this morning I called my painter and took it all back. Its going to be as original as it could be. Color is Silver (L96D).

Sure I am disappointed to myself, I was not able to do against my brain headbang.gif smash.gif
But this only means that there will be third 914 and it has it all smile.gif big engine, flares and Tornado Red painting evilgrin.gif

ps. askt painter not to answer my calls next two weeks so it's impossible to change my mind again..
Niklas
Yes original is always the best.

Niklas
OmaPossu
I am a bit confused about color of -70 914-6 bottom. Should it be body color or what? Read all threads about it but could not be sure.
Cairo94507
I believe body color is the way they left the factory. However, it appears that the color was not applied as heavily or evenly across the bottom. When mine is sprayed it will go body color as nicely as the exterior.
OmaPossu
Tadaa, its painted smile.gif and let to dry some weeks. Good time now because my new garage is not finished inside yet.
http://harrasteet.1g.fi/kuvat/VW-Porsche+9...26.4.15+012.JPG wub.gif
Cairo94507
That looks very nice. Nice to see it in color. beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.