Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jukka's 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
OmaPossu
Tadaa again. Repainted shell arrives week ago smile.gif
But....some transporting damages to paint work. This is not real!!! Transporter was an idiot.

As you see:

Click to view attachment

Several points around body shell.
OmaPossu
Othervice I love the color wub.gif
Click to view attachment

Paint surface polishing and then, at last, assembly starts! Where are all my parts...
Cairo94507
Looks beautiful. Can't wait to watch it as it comes together.
OmaPossu
Hi, its been a while but soon begining with my six. I painted it one more time, this time properly. Color is still Tangerine, best for my taste!

Question: from where I find pics of original sound proof carpets (whats the right term?). And where to purchase original or close to original material?

jukka
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(OmaPossu @ Oct 17 2016, 11:45 AM) *

Hi, its been a while but soon begining with my six. I painted it one more time, this time properly. Color is still Tangerine, best for my taste!

Question: from where I find pics of original sound proof carpets (whats the right term?). And where to purchase original or close to original material?

jukka

Here are the original photos of your interior. This is the original. If you want "original" sound proofing you would want to replace with the tar floor stuff. Here in the US you can get something similar in the roofing section at our local hardware store. I didn't want anything that would retain moisture so I went with Dynamat on the floors and back firewall and then put the original back pad and sound pad back in.

Here is a recent discussion of the topic.Floor Tar

OmaPossu
Yes, it was pure fun to remove orig tar mat sad.gif
Maybe Dynamat, just does not look original but helps to keep it rost free. As it is now smile.gif

Jeff, do I remember right, did you change urethane bushings to rear links? If so, are original rubber ones still availeable somewhere?
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(OmaPossu @ Oct 17 2016, 12:39 PM) *

Yes, it was pure fun to remove orig tar mat sad.gif
Maybe Dynamat, just does not look original but helps to keep it rost free. As it is now smile.gif

Jeff, do I remember right, did you change urethane bushings to rear links? If so, are original rubber ones still availeable somewhere?

Yes I replaced the rear with Poly bushings. I couldn't find any stock ones. You could try the Porsche Dealer, I hear they are starting to make classic parts again.

OmaPossu
Hello again,
I drag my Porsche body to open floor an started to look what shall I do next. To put floor tar back or not? It’s a car with gf roof so quiet it will never be, what ifI don’t put any sound proofing at all? How noisy it can be? Have anyone tried?
jukka
mepstein
The chassis looks great. The car will be louder without soundproofing but you could always add it later if you can’t bare to cover up the fresh paint just yet.

You don’t have to cover up all the paint. Just the large, flat sections that can vibrate. It can be made to look nice and neat.
Cairo94507
I think you are asking for a lot of noise without doing something on the firewall and floors. I will in my car and suggest you use some type fo a self-sticking sound insulation pad, like Dynamat, to go on the floor and firewall. Perhaps inside the door shells too to keep them from sounding "tinny". http://www.dynamat.com/automotive-and-tran...dynamat-xtreme/ Chassis looks very nice. Glad you are moving forward.
campbellcj
My car has zero sound deadening or carpeting (or windows) and it is extremely loud -
earplugs advisable. I'm thinking about getting some removable rubber floormats or something for the rare times when I drive it on the street to shows etc. A rear trunk carpet kit might make a difference also. I would want some reasonable insulation in a street car.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Dec 10 2017, 06:24 AM) *

My car has zero sound deadening or carpeting (or windows) and it is extremely loud -
earplugs advisable. I'm thinking about getting some removable rubber floormats or something for the rare times when I drive it on the street to shows etc. A rear trunk carpet kit might make a difference also. I would want some reasonable insulation in a street car.

Chris...I wonder if weather-tech can make you several of their floor / trunk mat sections, so you could throw these in for Street-Driving days ?
Maybe a street bolt-on muffler / take the place of the 2 megs ?
Marty

OmaPossu
Have you covered whole firewall or just some areas in middle?
OmaPossu
I start with this much.
914Timo
14.gif Hyvalta nayttaa !! Looks good!!
OmaPossu
Is there availeable new cabel set for -70 six? Or mint secondhand?
falcor75
Kroon wire harnesses can make you a new one for a -6. They're not cheap tho.
gereed75
Jeff Bowlsby?? Oops, just checked his site -914/4 only, but I bet he knows everyone who might do the six harness
Dave_Darling
agree.gif Kroon. I think they're in the Netherlands, so closer to you. May take a while for them to make one, and they aren't cheap--but the wires will be all new which definitely cuts down on potential problems.

--DD
SixerJ
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Dec 30 2017, 10:31 AM) *

Kroon wire harnesses can make you a new one for a -6. They're not cheap tho.

https://www.kroonwireharnesses.com/porsche-...sche-914-6-1970

I seem to recall (somewhere on the world) like €3k spendy. Lot of man hours and I bet the connectors come to a fair amount too
mepstein
Kroon only does the six harness. I sent him my 4 harness to copy and it took a year and a half for me to get it back. He decided not to make the 4’s. I can see this as a future project for 914 rubber. Maybe not now but one day.
OmaPossu
2800€ for 914-6 harness. Too much. I cleaned ant taped my old one, lets see if it works.
OmaPossu
Old harness is going in. Only cleaning and tapeing done.
Click to view attachment
OmaPossu
Where to find that rubber hose between black holes? Old one was kaputt.

Click to view attachment
OmaPossu
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 24 2018, 08:42 PM) *

Like to buy but not delivering to Finland..
914Timo
http://shop.914rubber.com/914-Wiring-harne...-tube-914ST.htm

He had send to me to Finland.
OmaPossu
Thanks, I'll ordered that.
Btw Timo, do you have something that I should buy from you? If I remember right...

QUOTE(914Timo @ Feb 25 2018, 02:49 PM) *

OmaPossu
Hi again,

After one divorce and two move's now back to the garage and hobbies.
Question: where I can find Kardex for my 914-6? Some one told me name Dave Pateman but dont have mail addres for him. Is he the person to contact this kind of matters?

jukka
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.