Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2011 RRC Sept. 9-11 UPDATED INFO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
SharonG
Btw, your time is running out to acquire one of the block of reserved rooms. I'll have to release the un-reserved within the next couple weeks. beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
Oh ya, were on the list and so... looking forward to going! 1370 miles one way. screwy.gif Here we go again first.gif driving-girl.gif
76-914
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 5 2011, 01:09 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 5 2011, 01:44 PM) *

It never fails. At last years RRC I was one of the first to make a deposit on one of the shirts Slowcalandy was selling. I was one of the last to get his shirt. This year I was the first to post a reply to the lodging anouncement poke.gif you made on clubnarp and you guessed it; I ain't on the list. Is this something Biblical (he who is first, shall be last) or I am the perineal nobody? lol-2.gif

Sorry Dude. I added you. I even put you toward the top of the list!

wub.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 5 2011, 11:51 AM) *

I'm working on an attendee list that I'll include at the beginning of the thread. Let me know if I've included you but you're going to be a LOOOOSER and not show up, or if I've inadvertently left you off.

Also, bad news - I think the biergarten is closed, but the good news is we all get to spend time with SLITS after he's powered down Mexican food for Saturday dinner. biggrin.gif

Is this the year we actually get to do the "Blue Flame Contest" around the campfire?

Ummmmmm Tequila & Beans .... w00t.gif
StratPlayer
put stratplayer and his bride on that list
mojorisen914
QUOTE(Gint @ Aug 2 2011, 11:28 PM) *

Motor that's been sitting for a year or more and a rebuilt transaxle laying on the garage floor. I'm going to need a lot of bits and pieces as well as time afterword to work the kinks out. I hate trying to throw crap together in a hurry. I suppose I could flat tow it if I get that far. My job and the heat are sapping my energy, and this time of year I'm spending a lot of free time repairing lawn equipment. In the end it doesn't matter to me if I drive a 914 or not.

Gint,

Do you want me to come over tomorrow after Coffee and Cars and see if we can get anything done? I'm going to text you with the same offer in case you don't see this tonight.

Shar,

Add my future wife to the list too. Last year at RRC, Brant had her as my wife....LOL. After August 20th, she will be.
Gint
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Aug 5 2011, 05:33 PM) *
QUOTE(Gint @ Aug 2 2011, 11:28 PM) *
Motor that's been sitting for a year or more and a rebuilt transaxle laying on the garage floor. I'm going to need a lot of bits and pieces as well as time afterword to work the kinks out. I hate trying to throw crap together in a hurry. I suppose I could flat tow it if I get that far. My job and the heat are sapping my energy, and this time of year I'm spending a lot of free time repairing lawn equipment. In the end it doesn't matter to me if I drive a 914 or not.
Gint,

Do you want me to come over tomorrow after Coffee and Cars and see if we can get anything done? I'm going to text you with the same offer in case you don't see this tonight.

Shar,

Add my future wife to the list too. Last year at RRC, Brant had her as my wife....LOL. After August 20th, she will be.

Nah... thanks though. Left for work at 06:30 and got home at 6:30. Have to work tomorrow morning and leave my house at 5:00 P.M. Sunday for Dallas to work all week. The closest I'm going to get to sweating near a 914 this weekend is walking past mine in the garage or maybe dropping by Doug's to watch him work on his! And I still haven't found or aquired parts to go further at this point.

Was it you that left the Jack Daniels Lynchburge Lemonade? This stuff is pretty tasty over ice.
mojorisen914
Just let me know if you need a hand or two.
I might have left the JD Lemonade there. If you like that; I'll make sure I make some from scratch for RRC. It's always better when you make it at home!
I'm going to try and stop by Dougs house today. It's the only day I have open on a weekend for the next few weekends.
rick 918-S
I spent the entire day working on my CIS in the Alien. I have a few small issues yet but I think I have it dialed in pretty close now. I need to do an oil change yet this week. Sandy and I plan on meeting up with some 928 guys for a fun run next weekend. That will be the test. We should be ready to go.
SLITS
All but one oil leak fixed and I'm not pulling the engine ...

Working on maximum cooling for the climb into the Rockies.

3 "Hail Mary's" and crossed fingers. Maybe I'll do in a Voodoo ritual too! AAA in the pocket.

Now to ditch the Fuchs and go back to Cookies!

Ouray, CO is the next destination .....
Nie Zu Alt
I too spent the day getting ready for RRC. The engine is out and I obviously have a few oil leaks to contend with.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Today I'll start degreasing and have a pile of sheet metal to sent to the blaster tomorrow.

We're looking forward to getting this all cleaned up and back on the road to Ouray!

Doug
jaminM3
I just want to make sure you have my brother in the head count. His name is Jon. He came to Grand Junction and Torrey too.

I relocated the fuel pump to the front, so hopefully the trip won't have all the trouble of the GJ trip.
SharonG
QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Aug 7 2011, 05:17 PM) *

I just want to make sure you have my brother in the head count. His name is Jon. He came to Grand Junction and Torrey too.

I relocated the fuel pump to the front, so hopefully the trip won't have all the trouble of the GJ trip.

He's an official attendee, now. smile.gif
RiqueMar
Assuming that I have a sudden 'uptick' in finances, what would be the latest one could register?
SharonG
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Aug 8 2011, 11:48 AM) *

Assuming that I have a sudden 'uptick' in finances, what would be the latest one could register?

We're not doing "registrations" per se, but I have to give up the un-reserved rooms on 8/22 - I don't know what their cancellation policy is. If you don't mind winging it with your lodging, you can let us know you'll attend a few days before the event and that's fine. beerchug.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 8 2011, 10:50 AM) *

We're not doing "registrations" per se, but I have to give up the un-reserved rooms on 8/22 - I don't know what their cancellation policy is. If you don't mind winging it with your lodging, you can let us know you'll attend a few days before the event and that's fine. beerchug.gif

Sounds good, I'll just show up the day of, unannounced and hope there's a hotel bench to sleep on... and I'm bringing more shot glasses! drunk.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Aug 8 2011, 12:21 PM) *

QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 8 2011, 10:50 AM) *

Sounds good, I'll just show up the day of, unannounced and hope there's a hotel bench to sleep on... and I'm bringing more shot glasses! drunk.gif

laugh.gif beer3.gif
SLITS
30 days and counting down .....

Click to view attachment
76-914
Is this one of your secret pee spots?
RiqueMar
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 9 2011, 06:58 AM) *

Is this one of your secret pee spots?

... it's hardly a secret when there's pictures of Slits waiving at the camera while he fouls up the spot.
SLITS
All I try to do is help the dirty rotten stinkin' desert grow green things ... biggrin.gif
SharonG
icon_bump.gif beerchug.gif
Madswede
I was just going to do that tonight, Sharon! This needed a bump.

By the way, we have a nice list of prize donors already for this event. But what's really the key is that (as of tomorrow, and this is why I'm up a bit late tonight), I'm on vacation for a month before I start a brand new career. At the tail end of this vacation ... it's all about RRC in Ouray! aktion035.gif I can't effin' wait!
SharonG
QUOTE(Madswede @ Aug 12 2011, 12:36 AM) *

I was just going to do that tonight, Sharon! This needed a bump.

By the way, we have a nice list of prize donors already for this event. But what's really the key is that (as of tomorrow, and this is why I'm up a bit late tonight), I'm on vacation for a month before I start a brand new career. At the tail end of this vacation ... it's all about RRC in Ouray! aktion035.gif I can't effin' wait!

Lucky!!! smile.gif

8 days to order a t-shirt, 9 days to reserve a room in the 914 block at Hot Springs Inn, 27 days til the event beerchug.gif
SLITS
It's taking just to damn long for September 8th to roll around.

And for Rubberboy ... I am thinking of renting a Jeep to see the tops up close.
SharonG
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 13 2011, 09:24 AM) *

I hear ya Soul Brothah! beerchug.gif
mojorisen914
QUOTE(SharonG @ Aug 13 2011, 07:55 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 13 2011, 09:24 AM) *

I hear ya Soul Brothah! beerchug.gif

Yeah...Wat she sed! Word!
SLITS
26 DAYS before departure

IPB Image

thanks Greg bye1.gif
AZ914
I can't wait! Man, I hope my car is ready !@#!*( Thanks to Mike and Joe for inviting me up for a work party in a couple of weeks, that has really helped me get on a roll and feel better about getting the thing done.
SLITS
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Aug 14 2011, 03:15 PM) *

I can't wait! Man, I hope my car is ready !@#!*( Thanks to Mike and Joe for inviting me up for a work party in a couple of weeks, that has really helped me get on a roll and feel better about getting the thing done.

"Build it. They will come."
76-914
icon_bump.gif Are we there yet? Huh, huh. How much further?
SLITS
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 16 2011, 06:30 AM) *

icon_bump.gif Are we there yet? Huh, huh. How much further?

Only 829 miles to go ...................... Sit down and shut up!!
Madswede
icon_bump.gif

Here's an update on a personal note: Went over to a friend's tire shop in Santa Fe today and put the 968 on the lift to try to do an alignment. Instead we found some issues that really need attention, and reiterated the stuff I already knew about from when Joe was here putting the engine back together.

The explanation for why she's been acting a bit squirrelly in handling recently is that the upper control arm bushings are shot, especially on the right side (see last paragraph below). Also need new bushings for the sway bar. Now I understand why I feel/hear a "clunk" when I hit a rut/driveway bump at low speeds and why she pulls right under breaking. dry.gif I only play a smart guy at work.

A chronic oil leak probably had something to do with the bushings going out as well as the starter being on its last legs. At least now I can upgrade the bushings. It seems the leak is from the rear of the lower balance shaft, a famous weak point for 944/968s it seems. Also a new water pump is needed soon - it's a slow enough leak that I can just watch it carefully for a bit, but I know it's never a good idea to put such things off.

Part of the explanation why the bushing is so bad is that I curbed the car recently. In my defense, she wasn't handling up to par since the bushing was a pre-existing issue (it's got worse of course). I'm going to replace the right front tire too, which only has a couple hundred miles on it. mad.gif I didn't curb it too badly, but it's enough to warrant a new tire. chair.gif

headbang.gif Pissed at myself for driving aggressively on a rain runoff part of the road (it was dry, but sandy/gravelly) and showing off for a girl. screwy.gif Yes, I was sober (seriously!). Coulda been much worse, I guess. Learn from my mistakes!

If the 968 won't make it in time, I'll just take the truck. I WILL be there.
AZ914
Nelson.. Git'er Done!
SLITS
22 days before rapture ......

Click to view attachment
76-914
3 weeks. Let the tune ups begin. beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
I just got sent to the Bismarck North Dakota area for the next 3 weeks, dry.gif The claims guy that is there is swamped and can't keep up. But the Alien is ready to roll. I'll be working 7 days a week until the 7th. I'll have a shit load of work to take with me but Sandy can drive and I can work. I hope... driving-girl.gif
map
My first post on this thread. Don't hang out on the board much, but I do hang out at the rrc. Diane and I made reservations at the Hot Springs Inn, Friday and Saturday.

Here's some pics from last year. See you there.

Check out ‘RRC 2010’ at http://gallery.me.com/mapwizard/100079

Pieper
SharonG
Last 2 days to get in on the group hotel reservation and last day for t-shirt order. 19 days til the event! beerchug.gif
SLITS
Installed new cigar lighter so I can plug in phone or GPS, installed JWest Fog Light Flasher**** and painted my nuts flat black.

*** So I can flash those stupid assdraggers and boxsters to get outa my way as I'm comin' through.
Gint
I'm looking for a deck lid "R" in silver. If anyone has one in great shape with pins and can bring it to RRC I'd appreciate it.
76-914
2 weeks and counting.
SharonG
I hung on to 1 reservation at Hot Springs Inn just in case... I can hang on to it for another week. beerchug.gif

Let me know if you see errors on my attendee list (1st post in this thread). drunk.gif
mojorisen914
Are we there yet? Well, ARE we?
SLITS
12 Days till departure

11 days tillPARTEEE

Click to view attachment

Yeah .... it's that big!!!
76-914
Is that the shot I took of you at Mt. Peter? I caught a hell of a cold a few days ago and am happy for it. That means I'll be well for RRC 2011 and won't worry about coming down with something that weekend. piratenanner.gif Hey Ron, feel like a detour thru the Grand Canyon on the flip flop?
SLITS
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 28 2011, 09:25 AM) *

Is that the shot I took of you at Mt. Peter? I caught a hell of a cold a few days ago and am happy for it. That means I'll be well for RRC 2011 and won't worry about coming down with something that weekend. piratenanner.gif Hey Ron, feel like a detour thru the Grand Canyon on the flip flop?

That's the shot ... though it's proper name is "Mt. Slits Tool".

A diversion to the "Big Ditch" huh? Anything is possible. We'll talk!
76-914
11 days and counting.....................
rick 918-S
Anyone have a rear trunk lock pin. Mine is worn badly and I don't have time to fix it. My trunk won't stay closed. If you bring me one I will pay you for it.
Socalandy
I will look and bring the whole enchalatta smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.