Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2011 RRC Sept. 9-11 UPDATED INFO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Sleepin
Ken, if you guys can make it to Grand Junction in time, we are leaving here around noon.
Sleepin
What RRC means to me:

IPB Image
map
QUOTE(Nie Zu Alt @ Sep 8 2011, 09:56 PM) *

We are leaving Denver tomorrow morning, out the 285 to the 50, then to Ouray. Sadly the 914 will stay in my garage, didn't quite get it back together in time. So, we'll be cruising in the Subaru. Looking forward to meeting y'all.

Doug

I'm hoping to leave Buena Vista about 1:30 tomorrow afternoon...

Pieper
mojorisen914
It's 5:40am and it's a blistering 56 degrees in Ouray.
map
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Sep 9 2011, 05:42 AM) *

It's 5:40am and it's a blistering 56 degrees in Ouray.

48 at 8:30 in Manitou Springs. Heading for Buena Vista in a half hour.

Pieper
shelby/914
Finally leaving, driving another donor car. subaru. See you all this afternoon.

Dan
SLITS
Damn, stuck in Cedar City. Kent's car will fire but won't continue running. Any ideas. Tow to Ouray is out of the question.

Changed fuel pump.

Tried changing fuel pressure.

Can a Petronix be intermittent?

Whee ......
Sleepin
Ron, if you guys get to Junction and need a garage, let me know. I will get you the garage code.
rick 918-S
So were here in Ouray. It's raining and everyone went different directions. confused24.gif We need a plan "B" like a resturaunt or someplace other than a parking lot.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 9 2011, 03:17 PM) *

So were here in Ouray. It's raining and everyone went different directions. confused24.gif We need a plan "B" like a resturaunt or someplace other than a parking lot.

Oh, and the first post say's BBQ Friday night. But doesn't say where. confused24.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 9 2011, 03:26 PM) *

Oh, and the first post say's BBQ Friday night. But doesn't say where. confused24.gif

At Timber Ridge.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(SharonG @ Sep 9 2011, 03:35 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 9 2011, 03:26 PM) *

At Timber Ridge.

I'm such a drama queen. happy11.gif the rain stopped. I thinking the Ginters brought the sunshine with them. biggrin.gif
majkos
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
I want to be jelous!

You tube video?
Eric_Shea
Click to view attachment
majkos
Ok all you all Red Rockers!
Check in! I do not want to hear a brother (or Sis) in need of help

Please every-body get home ok??

"It's all Good" smoke.gif

Kent? even MAKE IT ?
Sleepin
Last I heard was that Kent finally got the white car running this morning and got on the road.
majkos
Thanks Bro.
The last thing me and Henna want to hear is a Brother need help,
God bless, "Everyone" as Henna would have said.
AZ914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 11 2011, 06:02 PM) *

Last I heard was that Kent finally got the white car running this morning and got on the road.

Good to hear. was it the rotor?
Sleepin
After the whole engine was disassembled and reassembled multiple times, it was noticed that the distributor cap was missing a contact...at least that is the version I heard.
Eric_Shea
Susie and Jeff stopped in for a beer. On the way to Boise tonight.
rick 918-S
Sandy and I are in Lusk WY. Were headed for the Black Hills in the morning. So far no real issues. unsure.gif

I would really like to see Kent post. I have been where he is with a dead car and no way to get it home. It's not fun but is has to be an acceptable part of the risk of a long distance road trip.
Socalandy
I was there when he drove off, after the cap and timing Sat. night we called it quits but the reason it didnt fire was the head temp sesor was not reconnected.

Kent plugged it in and tuned it with the timming light and hit the road aktion035.gif driving.gif

had a great time and will post pics and video ASAP
SLITS
I left Ouray at 7 AM. Kent caught up to me in Green River, UT ... after I killed 3 hours in various places.

He used a full tank of gas between Ridgefield and Las Vegas ... found his return line pinched off by the air cleaner.

He made it home about 11:00 PM just like me .... hell of a run ... rain, hail, snow over the passes and one hell of a storm in St George, UT.

All is good.
Gint
Glad to hear that worked out OK.
AZ914
Good to hear he got it straightened out.
StratPlayer
Glad he made it back home.... beerchug.gif
76-914
It's true. It's all true. I think the only reason that I made it to Ouray is that Ron ran his finger over the center contact and it popped out it's last .010". The car wasn't the problem; it was the owner. I missed that in my pre trip inspection. I also have a good idea of what I need to travel with for future breakdowns. Mine and others. Tony Binglis used to tell me that planes don't "just break down". They've been trying to tell you about the upcoming breakdown and you weren't listening. This is a good example. Mine told me 3 weeks ago. The idle mysteriously dropped. The car basically sat until the run to RRC. The 2nd time it told me was climbing the runs out of SoCal. The performance just wasn't there which I passed off as a tired engine. (Yeah; tired of my lack of concern.) When I got it started Sunday morning it tried to tell me that I had missed something. But in my rush to "get the hell out of Dodge" while it was running I turned a deaf ear to it's protest. To wit: gas pressure. A mistake that I shouldn't have made. Believe your gages before your intuition. The gage sender was in question after variances of 40psi between desert temps of 107F to an evening temp of 58F. So when I saw the pressure pegged at 100+ psi I thought that it had rolled over and died. But as Slits mentioned, I was going thru gas twice as fast as his 6 barf.gif So, while I waited in Jean to hook up with Ron I decdided to investigate a new gas smell. I found gas on the left side of the engine bay and thought that an injector was the culprit but traced it back the the PRV. It was the one I had gotten from Eric and it was leaking at the adjusting screw. No problem. I just put the old one back on. When I pulled the discharge side off the PRV it didn't spill any gas. Hmmm. Then I removed the hose from the other side and it shot gas everywhere. WTF.gif When I removed the air cleaner to improve access to the PRV the problem revealed itself. I had clamped the air box over the return line rendering the PRV useless. The gage was right! That's the nuts "n bolts" of it. But all good stories have their heroes and this one is no different. I would like to thank Brant, Joe O., Ron, Melba, Ed, Andy, Ed dV and Doug for their undying dedication to these cars and the people that drive them. These people were out working on someone else's (me) car until 1:30 am while missing "the party". Thank you from the bottom of my heart. kent ps I think one of my CV's went south a few blocks from home last night. I made it in but it was shaking. Whew! cheer.gif
ThinAir
Glad you made it Kent. I hate it when someone has a problem, but I love it when I can help out with something that I brought along. My theory is that if I bring, it won't need it for myself - it's working well so far! Next year there will be a spare distro cap in the trunk.
76-914
QUOTE(ThinAir @ Sep 12 2011, 01:23 PM) *

Glad you made it Kent. I hate it when someone has a problem, but I love it when I can help out with something that I brought along. My theory is that if I bring, it won't need it for myself - it's working well so far! Next year there will be a spare distro cap in the trunk.

LOL. Hey Ernie, PM me w/ your shipping info. I want to return your timing light and dwell meter as quickly as possible. Thx again, kent
MoveQik
Good to hear Kent! beerchug.gif
brant
wow

I'm so glad to hear you made it Kent!
glad everyone is making it back

RS22b
QUOTE(brant @ Sep 12 2011, 05:25 PM) *

wow

I always dream of going to this event, but find it really hard to make the trip out with a car that doesn't really run correctly ever and the fact that im from NJ...

PICS and videos please? Just want to dream of one year making it out...

thanks! and hope all had a good time!
SharonG
QUOTE(RS22b @ Oct 9 2011, 03:53 PM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Sep 12 2011, 05:25 PM) *

wow

I always dream of going to this event, but find it really hard to make the trip out with a car that doesn't really run correctly ever and the fact that im from NJ...

PICS and videos please? Just want to dream of one year making it out...

thanks! and hope all had a good time!

Check this link for photos beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.