Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2011 RRC Sept. 9-11 UPDATED INFO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Aug 29 2011, 07:04 PM) *

I will look and bring the whole enchalatta smile.gif

pray.gif I am soooo looking forward to this time off. Thanks!
76-914
Rain, rain and more rain this week. Then the WX Gods intervene, part the clouds and give us sun and refreshing temps. piratenanner.gif Anyone packed, yet?
AZ914
Crunch time!!
Still need to bleed brakes, wire a couple of gauges, put the engine and trunk lids on (new hinge mount), valances, lower dash, console, backpad.... and other misc crap.

AHHHH!! I'll get it done..
MoveQik
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Aug 30 2011, 08:40 AM) *

Crunch time!!
Still need to bleed brakes, wire a couple of gauges, put the engine and trunk lids on (new hinge mount), valances, lower dash, console, backpad.... and other misc crap.

Get off the damn computer and get out to the garage!
AZ914
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Aug 30 2011, 10:35 AM) *

Crunch time!!

I'm at work! Garage later... smash.gif
RiqueMar

Crunch time!!

You know Wills, not eeeveryone can just pack up their engine and send it to Florida smash.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Aug 30 2011, 11:53 AM) *

Crunch time!!

You know Wills, not eeeveryone can just pack up their engine and send it to Florida smash.gif

I will assume by this comment you mean that not everyone has the skills to pull a motor. happy11.gif

And besides, Jason towed his up here for two days worth of work so he should be all but done. poke.gif
SLITS
T-10

hissyfit.gif
StratPlayer
Had some skin cancer removed from my forehead monday. Right now both my eyes are black and almost swollen shut. I got 10 days to heal up and look presentable.
MoveQik
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Aug 31 2011, 08:54 AM) *

Had some skin cancer removed from my forehead monday. Right now both my eyes are black and almost swollen shut. I got 10 days to heal up and look presentable.

Strat,

It's gonna take more than 10 days to get you cleaned up! poke.gif

Hope you heal up quickly. beerchug.gif
76-914
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Aug 31 2011, 08:54 AM) *

poke.gif Hell, you weren't presentable the last time that I saw you. Stumbling around and coughing your head off, IIRC. bye1.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Aug 31 2011, 10:54 AM) *

On your forehead? Can you wear a hat? Take care of that stuff. And put on some sun glasses and drive it like you stole it!
StratPlayer
Skin cancer has no preference where it decides to show up...
Madswede
Almost one week to go!

Got the 968 almost ready. Leaks fixed, new bushings, new starter, front brake pads, clutch pedal fixed, and alignment done. Just need to mount new right front tire and I'm good to go! cool_shades.gif
majkos
QUOTE(Madswede @ Sep 1 2011, 05:31 PM) *

Almost one week to go!

Got the 968 almost ready. Leaks fixed, new bushings, new starter, front brake pads, clutch pedal fixed, and alignment done. Just need to mount new right front tire and I'm good to go! cool_shades.gif

Pisss! dry.gif Dude this is a "914" get together
mojorisen914
QUOTE(majkos @ Sep 1 2011, 11:01 PM) *

Almost one week to go!

lol-2.gif av-943.gif poke.gif
mojorisen914
Did Slits forget how to count? I didn't see a new T minus???

poke.gif
Madswede
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Sep 2 2011, 09:05 AM) *

QUOTE(majkos @ Sep 1 2011, 11:01 PM) *

Almost one week to go!

lol-2.gif av-943.gif poke.gif

stick.gif Comments like that will NOT get you any Turtle Mtn Beer. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif

My 914 is being resurrected right now, so I'm in the wasser-pumper. Next year, next year ... aktion035.gif
76-914
I thought all the guys that live within walking distance tow their 914's. lol-2.gif av-943.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Sep 2 2011, 08:06 AM) *

Did Slits forget how to count? I didn't see a new T minus???

poke.gif

T-7

Happy now?
rick 918-S
I left Bismarck early and got home last night. I need to change out the broken door handle I got from Mike (Kirmizi) (thanks again!)

While I was out of town I had my son Aric bring the car to the tire shop and have the front tires re-balanced. I has a speed sensitive vibration that was bugging me. It sounds like were leaving before noon on Wednesday.

Hey, Colorado guys and gurls, What route are you taking?
majkos
Are you coming thru Denver ?

Its not looking to good for me for RRC, (7-11 work)
76-914
QUOTE(majkos @ Sep 3 2011, 08:16 AM) *

Are you coming thru Denver ?

Its not looking to good for me for RRC, (7-11 work)

:poke:IIRC, at last years RRC you were worried about not having much work and now.........Good for you, I'm glad your busy. beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
Glad your working Kevin. Sux it has be that weekend though.

So back to my question.

What day are you guys leaving?

What route are you planning on taking?

Oh, and I know some of you can't caravan but what route are you planning to take anyway?

I was thinking of driving to Albuquerque and meeting up with the Arizona guys but the thread on NARP say's you guys are leaving Thursday. I can't make it there until Friday.

majkos
Yeah, yeah, yeah, work is good $$$$
but Red Rock Classic!? Priceless! biggrin.gif
Madswede
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 3 2011, 07:44 PM) *

Oh, and I know some of you can't caravan but what route are you planning to take anyway?

I was thinking of driving to Albuquerque and meeting up with the Arizona guys but the thread on NARP say's you guys are leaving Thursday. I can't make it there until Friday.

So what is wrong with us new mexican guys? We will be driving up from albuquerque on friday.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Madswede @ Sep 3 2011, 09:24 PM) *

So what is wrong with us new mexican guys? We will be driving up from albuquerque on friday.

I must have mis-read the NARP thread. I thought all you guys were heading out Thurday. Were leaving town Wednesday morning like 10 am. Sandy has to check in at work but she's ditching out before noon. I was thinking of maybe stopping in Kansas Wednesday night. It's about 800 miles, 11 hrs Wednesday, then about 600, 9 hrs to Albuquerque Thursday.

We maybe able to make that work. idea.gif
SLITS
T-5 for Departure / T-6 for Party

driving.gif

grouphug.gif

beerchug.gif

Oh Almighty Dr. Ferry ... I ask that you watch over my on my journey ... keep the oil smoke/fuel fumes out of the cabin and keep my tensioners in place. May my CVs not break ... may my fuel pump function in heat and altitude ... may my injectors not run lean ... Ano Domini Good Cookie ...
76-914
Are we still on schedule for 1400 departure? Are we a flight of 2 or is anyone else tagging along? piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 4 2011, 07:31 AM) *

Are we still on schedule for 1400 departure? Are we a flight of 2 or is anyone else tagging along? piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif

Looks like a flight of 2 Kent and yes ...Thursday @ 1400 is launch .... Andy is leaving early Thursday last time I heard ... making a bonzi run for Ouray.

The rest of SoCal bailed out.

Dinner in Cedar City ... ummmmmm Mormons .... taste like chicken!!
76-914
Done. I'll try to stay sober until then. beerchug.gif
Madswede
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 3 2011, 11:18 PM) *

QUOTE(Madswede @ Sep 3 2011, 09:24 PM) *

I must have mis-read the NARP thread. I thought all you guys were heading out Thurday. Were leaving town Wednesday morning like 10 am. Sandy has to check in at work but she's ditching out before noon. I was thinking of maybe stopping in Kansas Wednesday night. It's about 800 miles, 11 hrs Wednesday, then about 600, 9 hrs to Albuquerque Thursday.

We maybe able to make that work. idea.gif

cool.gif All we've been thinking so far is leaving on Friday. We'd (well, I) offered to maybe leave on Thurs and catch up with AZ folks, but then Joe and Luckie are coming out and I think they wanted to spend a bit more time here in the ABQ. So if you head all the way down here, we can caravan on Fri with LizO, Luckie, and Joe!

We will be taking US-550 all the way from northern Rio Rancho up to Ouray. Almost its complete length, as it turns out. We actually get to drive the Durango-Silverton-Ouray corridor four times this way. driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif
StratPlayer
Hey 76-914 make sure you air box is on the right way before you leave town.......... driving.gif
76-914
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Sep 4 2011, 03:54 PM) *

Hey 76-914 make sure you air box is on the right way before you leave town.......... driving.gif

LOL I've got a lot of laughs out of that one. At least I got it right on the '73 I'm finishing. I'm going to be testing your air box when you get there. smoke.gif
SLITS
T-4

Click to view attachment
Gint
We're not leaving until Friday morning and we're probably going to have to stop at Costco before we leave. Last I heard, Brant is riding with Shar and I in our trunk so we can haul back a motor Jason is dragging up to Ouray.
76-914
Your making him ride in the trunk? That's cold, man.
Socalandy
aktion035.gif Making the final preperations FERG.gif
rick 918-S
Because I was able to leave Bismarck early I had time to fix some stuff. Andy, I fixed my rear trunk pin so I don't need one now. Thanks!

I replaced the broke door handle on the right side and pulled the left handle and re-keyed the lock so I can now unlock the car from both doors. It would have been bad to break a handle on the right with the doors locked unsure.gif

I discovered the bracket that supports my coolant surge tank was completely broken off from both ends. I spent a couple hours repairing that. (effin pot holes here!) I think were ready to roll now.
SharonG
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 5 2011, 08:37 AM) *
You're making him ride in the trunk? That's cold, man.
I was going to make him sit on Mike's lap in the passenger seat of the 914, but he's too tall and would have ended up with bugs splatted on his head. That and the 914 is motor challenged (as in there is not one installed).

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 3 2011, 08:29 AM) *
Hey, Colorado guys and gurls, What route are you taking?
I think we're heading west on I-70 to 550.
StratPlayer
Hoping we have good weather......
76-914
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Sep 5 2011, 09:33 AM) *

Wx is for rain. http://local.msn.com/weather.aspx?eid=2483...2&setunit=F Say it ain't so. Should we move it back a week? sad.gif
mojorisen914
They're calling for rain the whole time w/ temps in the mid 50's. Not really liking the forecast.
mojorisen914
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Sep 5 2011, 12:33 PM) *

Yeah, that ain't gonna happen.
76-914
Yeah, I'm giving God until tomorrow to part the sky. I ain't driving from SoCal to sit in the rain. mad.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(mojorisen914 @ Sep 5 2011, 12:30 PM) *

They're calling for rain the whole time w/ temps in the mid 50's. Not really liking the forecast.

There's a chance for rain but the highs are in the 60s from what I've seen.
Sleepin
Give the weather 10 minutes in Western Colorado and it will change. We were in Ouray for a week last month...rained for a half hour every day, but was very pleasant.

If anyone is going through Grand Junction, give me a buzz and stop in to say hi! 970nineeight580oneNiner

We are only two blocks off of Highway 50.
SharonG
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 5 2011, 01:49 PM) *

Give the weather 10 minutes in Western Colorado and it will change. We were in Ouray for a week last month...rained for a half hour every day, but was very pleasant.

If anyone is going through Grand Junction, give me a buzz and stop in to say hi! 970nineeight580oneNiner

Does that mean you guys aren't coming?
Sleepin
QUOTE(SharonG @ Sep 5 2011, 02:00 PM) *

Trying to negotiate a deal right now. We may be down there in Neverland II. smoke.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 5 2011, 03:10 PM) *

QUOTE(SharonG @ Sep 5 2011, 02:00 PM) *

Trying to negotiate a deal right now. We may be down there in Neverland II. smoke.gif

I hope so!!! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.