Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2011 RRC Sept. 9-11 UPDATED INFO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
SharonG
RRC IS ON!

We're staying here:
Timber Ridge Lodge (970) 325-4856 (SOLD OUT)
$79/night - they'll want to charge you for 1 night when you reserve but you can cancel up to 2 weeks in advance and get a 100% refund. Pets $10/ea.
It's a 2 block walk up the river walk to the hot springs, bordering the RV/cabin park (Mr. Sharp biggrin.gif ), and has a fire pit, BBQs and tables in the back. We have most of the lodge, which is 15 of 20 rooms. I've been working with a super nice man named Mike and tell him you're with the 914 group when you call for your reservation.

UPDATE 9-Jul And HERE!: Hot Springs Inn (970) 325-7277 (STILL AVAILABLE until 8/22)
There are 14 rooms, 12 have 2 king beds. $116 plus tax. Private patios. Just down the street from Timber Ridge. This hotel doesn't accept pets. Another super nice person named Pam helped me out, so tell her you're with the 914 group.

Saturday drive: South for lunch in Durango. We'll head back to Ouray the same way, with a stop in Silverton to wander around (visit brewery) - such a good drive you'll want to do it TWICE!

NO registration fee, but let us know that you're attending so we have good numbers for meals. We'll ask you to throw in a few bucks at RRC for the BBQ and beer3.gif

Friday dinner: BBQ chowtime.gif at Timber Ridge Lodge
Saturday lunch: Animas River Cafe in Durango
Saturday dinner: True Grit Cafe in Ridgway

See this thread to order your t-shirt
T-SHIRT ORDER CUTOFF 8/21 - ORDER NOW! smile.gif

We're still ironing out the rest of the details, but potential side trips:
Friday to Telluride
Sunday Jeep trip

On the Attendee list so far:

Gint + Shar
Brant
Eric + Val
Socalandy (+ Karen?)
76-914
Morrow
Rob Risen
Wills
Luurs
Joe + Luckie
LizO
Nelson
Ferg
Peterson
Rick + Sandy
SLITS
Toast
Pieper + Diane
Bruce Napier
Ernie DeVries
Mike DeVries
Danny Gaddy
Doug + Michelle
StratPlayer + Bride
Mom + Dad Lowe
Ben Schmalz
Jon Schmalz
Everett Daniels
Jim Buchanan
brant
A couple more house keeping details.

Due to the millions of dollars we are all making in these soaring Stock Market times....

We have a new ENTRY FEE for RRC11
the fee this year is $$$$ ZERO!
(please send your check in advance directly to me!)

Seriously
we are going to make all of the meal pay as you go
There are still going to be some SPECTACULAR awards
there are still some AMAZING door prizes
it will still be the same event.
just bring some mulah to pay for your meals.
we will ask for BBQ donations or something
(maybe pitch in for adult refreshments)

I'm starting a seperate T-shirt order thread, which I will coordinate and deliver to the event!

hooray!
brant
rick 918-S
Just talked to Mike! Reservation made! assimilate.gif
SLITS
Exactly what I wanted to hear ... Ooooooraaaay!

Gives new meaning to getting high (in Colorado).
Elliot Cannon
Yikes! Two thousand miles, round trip. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
Mike Bellis
ooh... Maybe I can get my 914 to this event??? Guess I got to get it running first... sad.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jul 5 2011, 11:29 PM) *

ooh... Maybe I can get my 914 to this event??? Guess I got to get it running first... sad.gif

There are 24 hrs in a day. Sleep is over rated.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jul 5 2011, 09:50 PM) *

There are 24 hrs in a day. Sleep is over rated.

Work is really getting in the way of progress, however it is financing my project. I worked all 3 days this weekend 10-12 hours each day. I think my wife forgot my name... blink.gif
76-914
Got my room last nite. See ya'll there. Hey Ron, are you leading the SoCal caravan, again? Pencil me in if so.
MoveQik
Giddyup! Can't wait! driving.gif
eric9144
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 6 2011, 07:11 AM) *

Got my room last nite. See ya'll there. Hey Ron, are you leading the SoCal caravan, again? Pencil me in if so.

Wow Kent--you going to trailer your 914 out or make the drive? I'd love to get to one of these, Ouray would be awesome, that's a long haul in the 914 though...but I could trailer her out... idea.gif
Black22
Wow...sounds like a great trip! I grew up in Grand Junction, CO and have driven those roads several times in my life. Never did it in a 914 though, that would be a blast. driving.gif Going to have to seriously consider this one!
SLITS
Reservation made ..... Oh Yeah! Place looks quite quaint.

Plan: Leave Thur aft/nite, slight detour to pickup SO, on to Flagstaff for nite. Make rest of run on Friday so I can be well rested for the Tequila/Yoga/Cartwheel/Burnt Animal Flesh Ice Breaker in the parking lot.

May stay for Sunday if SO can get Monday off and make the jeep run over the mountains or visit my relatives at Mesa Verde.
Sleepin
That is a hell of a long drive for me....I might have to trailer mine as well.... lol3.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 6 2011, 10:05 AM) *

Hopefully I'm not worse than Silva when it comes to finding awesome places to stay. blink.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(SharonG @ Jul 6 2011, 10:13 AM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 6 2011, 10:05 AM) *

Hopefully I'm not worse than Silva when it comes to finding awesome places to stay. blink.gif

That would be hard to do! stromberg.gif icon8.gif
brant
surprise, surprise
there is going to be a shirt:

SirAndy
SF bay area caravan anyone??? driving.gif w00t.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 6 2011, 11:21 AM) *

idea.gif

I-80, about 1100 miles:

Click to view attachment

I-70, about 1072 miles:

Click to view attachment

US-6, about 1040 miles:

Click to view attachment
Sleepin
For those who think the drive might not be worth it, take note: Million Dollar Highway and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idXrlV3aWgo

Although if you drive it this fast, you will most likely not make it....
Sleepin
Quite a drive for me as well:

SLITS
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jul 6 2011, 04:37 PM) *

Quite a drive for me as well:

Fornicate yourself!

829.8 miles .... oh well ...
SLITS
Nevermind .....
Elliot Cannon
Wasn't one of Saddam Husseins idiot sons named Ouray?
Madswede
Shocking to hear from me these days, but no bs.gif this time... hotel booked! aktion035.gif

Been wanting to say that for a while now. Though I will have to be in my Wasserpumper 968 while the 914 is still being "restored" at Series9. shades.gif

I will in fact do that legendary drive four times ... once on the way into Ouray from New Mexico (scouting/familiarity), twice with everyone else (fun then spirited), and once on the way home (cliffs of insanity). evilgrin.gif I will actually drive almost the whole durn length of US-550. It appears it's whole length is from just north of Ouray (Delta) down to just next door to northern Rio Rancho in Bernalillo, NM. driving.gif

See ya folks there! beer3.gif
SLITS
This is going to be one hell of a meet and contest for the "That Guy / Girl Award".

Oh yeah!!!!!!
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 6 2011, 11:21 AM) *

I'm down for a caravan. I may want to take the least risky route until I'm confident in my engine transplant. Otherwise I will tow it. Long drive. I'm thinking a three day trip? Or balls out in 2 days?
SLITS
Slight revision in route from SoCal ..... I15 to I70 to Grand Junction and south on 550 to Ouray. Overnite in the cheap seats in Mesquite or ? Arrival in Ouray about 3 PM Friday?
Series9
Luckie and I will fly to ABQ and drive from there.

We're in! shades.gif
SharonG
QUOTE(Series9 @ Jul 6 2011, 08:12 PM) *

We're in! shades.gif

YAY!!!!! biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
Sleepin

We're in! shades.gif

smilie_pokal.gif

We may just book a spot at the campgrounds to have the camper there...might not be enough room at the hotel...already shaping up to be a huge turnout!

I am actually surprised that all the hotels aren't booked up. September has some of the most outstanding views with the colors changing and such!

There are some great hot springs pools in town as well, you guys won't regret this one. I may joke about how close this is to my house, but Ouray is actually one of Val and my favorite all time getaways!
rick 918-S
There may be another MN guy or two. I just received a PM...We shall see... shades.gif
Elliot Cannon
Damn! It looks like I'll miss this one. My pain-in-the-ass Nephew is getting married in New Jersey on Sept. 4th and we'll spend the next 10 days touring New England. Sorry I won't make it.
Cheers, Elliot
JRust
Damn it WTF.gif your a week early. I'll be in Phoenix the 18,19,20th. If you were a week later I could totally swing it sad.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 6 2011, 09:52 PM) *

Damn! It looks like I'll miss this one. My pain-in-the-ass Nephew is getting married in New Jersey on Sept. 4th and we'll spend the next 10 days touring New England. Sorry I won't make it.
Cheers, Elliot

You would miss an RRC for a nephew? Damn, you've gotten old there Elleyot.

Oh, and in 10 days you can cover the whole damn East Coast.

New Jersey .. "The Garden State" .. av-943.gif icon8.gif av-943.gif
mojorisen914
I'm in! Room booked for the 8th thru 11th. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jul 6 2011, 08:14 PM) *

We're in! shades.gif

We may just book a spot at the campgrounds to have the camper there...

You may want to save a cot for O'Brien in case he gets kicked out of the hotel again. shades.gif
jim_hoyland
What is the nearest airport to Ouray ? Last time I was there, I believe the airport was in Montrose ??
SharonG
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 7 2011, 11:34 AM) *

What is the nearest airport to Ouray ? Last time I was there, I believe the airport was in Montrose ??

There are airports in Telluride (expensive), Montrose, Grand Junction and Durango.
Madswede

We're in! shades.gif

drunk.gif Nice! And who's riding in the back of the 968? lol-2.gif av-943.gif

Just kiddin' ... I bet your plan is to get LizO's 914 going. Then again, RRC is where it all went down with her motor last time ... poke.gif
AZ914
569 miles (11hrs 22mins) is the 'short' route. YIKES!
Madswede
I was going to suggest to my AZ brethren that my house (the site of the legendary Atomic Ramble of 2007) be used as a way-station for those that would like to get here on Thursday Sept 8th. Crash over (I have a guest room and a couch), and then caravan up on Friday. The trip back might be a bit harder for me to house people since I will be trying to return to work on Monday, but ... well, I'll just have to see how that goes.

Just so people know that's an option. I know it might make it a bit further out of the way, but ... well maybe not too bad. Ouray is just over 5 hrs from my house. PM me if any one wants to take advantage of that plan.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Madswede @ Jul 7 2011, 03:45 PM) *

I was going to suggest to my AZ brethren that my house (the site of the legendary Atomic Ramble of 2007) be used as a way-station for those that would like to get here on Thursday Sept 8th. Crash over (I have a guest room and a couch), and then caravan up on Friday. The trip back might be a bit harder for me to house people since I will be trying to return to work on Monday, but ... well, I'll just have to see how that goes.

Just so people know that's an option. I know it might make it a bit further out of the way, but ... well maybe not too bad. Ouray is just over 5 hrs from my house. PM me if any one wants to take advantage of that plan.

Jon,

Appreciate the offer but that takes it from a 9 1/2 hour drive to a 12 1/2 hour drive. I'll probably split the drive up Thursday afternoon and crash up north somewhere and then roll in to Ouray Friday morning.
SLITS
11 hours ... 9.5 hours ... 5 hours .... what a bunch of whiners. Make sure you wear your gold chains and lift your pinkies when sipping your morning tea.
Series9
Reservations have been made.
MoveQik
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 7 2011, 04:29 PM) *

11 hours ... 9.5 hours ... 5 hours .... what a bunch of whiners. Make sure you wear your gold chains and lift your pinkies when sipping your morning tea.

The drive doesn't matter to you because you just strap on your Depends and go. The rest of us need a stop now and then.
Series9
So we're thinking about flying to Denver, riding to Ouray, riding to ABQ and then flying home from there.

I call the back of the 968 from Ouray to ABQ. biggrin.gif

Anybody want to take responsibility for getting Luckie and I from DEN to Ouray?

We would probably arrive in Denver on Wednesday. beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Series9 @ Jul 7 2011, 06:54 PM) *

So we're thinking about flying to Denver, riding to Ouray, riding to ABQ and then flying home from there.

I will be traveling through Denver also most likely in the Alien. I am working to finish the Ravenna car but she needs some work yet.

Sandy may be riding with or flying into Denver to meet me. You could ride with us but we don't have a side car...or... and escape pod. hmmm idea.gif
brant
QUOTE(Series9 @ Jul 7 2011, 05:54 PM) *

The denver caravan is usually around a half dozen
I am certain there will be seats available
plus I can pick you guys up at the airport and offer you a place to stay before hand

only thing is that denver usually leaves early friday morning... some on thursday night. however there is always fun stuff to do if you want to kill a day hiking in the mountains before the trip.
SLITS
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jul 7 2011, 04:52 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 7 2011, 04:29 PM) *

The drive doesn't matter to you because you just strap on your Depends and go. The rest of us need a stop now and then.

Wrong Dirt Clod Boy .... I use a pilot relief tube .... if your windshield starts to see drops without clouds in sight, well .............................. turn on your windshield wipers.

I do have to stop as my car makes gas, so I have to stop and sell it to keep it from overflowing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.