Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
wingnut86
Ahhh, it twas but a flesh wound:-)
billh1963
The more Scott paints this one the more shabby my other cars look! av-943.gif
scotty b
closer..... smile.gif
76-914
I love watching the magic happen. blink.gif That looks like DuPont Vari-Prime. Is that single stage paint? Purty. wub.gif
jersey914

I think I found my rust guy. Beautiful work Bill!

beerchug.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(jersey914 @ Oct 11 2012, 10:43 PM) *

I think I found my rust guy. Beautiful work Bill!

beerchug.gif

I trailered my car from moorestown to scotty b's. pm me if I can help you. Mark
scotty b
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 11 2012, 04:58 PM) *

I love watching the magic happen. blink.gif That looks like DuPont Vari-Prime. Is that single stage paint? Purty. wub.gif

Nope all PPG. base / clear finish. I always use base clear unless the owner specifically wants single stage. 2 stage is much easier to maintain, looks just as good, and holds up better over time. Unless you want the worn, weatherd rat rod look down the road rolleyes.gif
cary
Scotty,
Have you ever seen a car with more than 50k miles that doesn't have that rear trunk closing dent in it?
I think I have 6 rear trunk lids, and they all have it.
scotty b
QUOTE(cary @ Oct 12 2012, 07:35 AM) *

Scotty,
Have you ever seen a car with more than 50k miles that doesn't have that rear trunk closing dent in it?
I think I have 6 rear trunk lids, and they all have it.

I've got several lids around without dents, but that said, none of them have been stripped down to see what is truely there<_< I'm fairly certain given the placement of the dents and the sizes of the dents it is from people sitting/resting on the rear of the cars. They all seem to be butt sized and shaped rolleyes.gif
scotty b
both trunk lids and headlight parts are ready for a final sanding and paint. I'll get the body work finished up on the drivers side tomorrow and should have the body worked areas spotted in by the end of the day. Still HOPING to get it painted by ECC, but I have other jobs that will need attention next week so it will be tight wacko.gif
Mikey914
Excellent work biggrin.gif
scotty b
drivetrain is back in. Ran the CFR S.S. fuel line, pulled the airbox to get a better looking job, and to clean the previous paintjob off of the screen dry.gif

I have a collsion job to do this week so I won't get back on this car until sometime next week. But once that happens it should go really quick as it is almost ready for paint smile.gif
billh1963
That is good news! It's amazing how discolored the plastic line looks. Was the line brittle?
scotty b
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Oct 25 2012, 12:40 AM) *

That is good news! It's amazing how discolored the plastic line looks. Was the line brittle?

No they actually weren't. BUT it was still a good move to put the s.s. line in
scotty b
major body work is done. Got some high build on those spots. Just some fine tuning left then paint !! Hopefully by the end of next week biggrin.gif I got the new outer rockers from Resto Design sanded, primed, a couple coats of rock guard, and satin black done today too
billh1963
Awesome work! I'm excited seeing it all come together!
scotty b
even though this is just a nice driver, there was a spot on the drivers door in the old body work that I didn't notice until I put a coat of sealer on it. I just couldn't leave it alone. I'll fix that spot, and paint the door when I paint the body smile.gif
billh1963
Looking good! I can't wait to see it in person. I have all new rubber, a carpet kit, etc. With Scott's great work this will be one nice car !
cary
Lookn Good .....
jersey914
When is the completion date? The suspense is killing me!

driving-girl.gif

beerchug.gif
pete-stevers
Good looking work Scotty!!
Love seeing the paint go on...
but I miss the smell of curing paint...
cant get that to come thru over the bbs
JmuRiz
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Nov 30 2012, 08:02 AM) *

Looking good! I can't wait to see it in person. I have all new rubber, a carpet kit, etc. With Scott's great work this will be one nice car !

Mind if I ask where you got the weather stripping from? I will probably need all new stuff soon too...and I want some that fits like factory.
billh1963
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Nov 30 2012, 02:03 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Nov 30 2012, 08:02 AM) *

Mind if I ask where you got the weather stripping from? I will probably need all new stuff soon too...and I want some that fits like factory.

The rubber bits are coming from Mark (Mikey914)
scotty b
biggrin.gif
hot_shoe914
aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
billh1963
Getting so close I can taste it! piratenanner.gif
scotty b
smile.gif
scotty b
I'm noticing lately that my camera seems to be taking worse and worse pictures. Might be time for a new one, it's over 12 years old, so I guess it has done it's time confused24.gif I'll get some better pics with my big camera in the next couple days smile.gif
MDG
smilie_pokal.gif As always - superb.

Oh - foggy camera or did you use the custom mixed blurry paint?
mepstein
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 5 2012, 09:13 PM) *

I'm noticing lately that my camera seems to be taking worse and worse pictures. Might be time for a new one, it's over 12 years old, so I guess it has done it's time confused24.gif I'll get some better pics with my big camera in the next couple days smile.gif

A good craftsman doesn't blame his tools.

happy11.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 5 2012, 06:20 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 5 2012, 09:13 PM) *

A good craftsman doesn't blame his tools.

happy11.gif

exactly sad2.gif
cary
Training session ..................
How come you didn't primer the headlight buckets?
Did you just scuff them up and give them a dusting? Can't really tell from the pictures.
scotty b
QUOTE(cary @ Dec 5 2012, 08:46 PM) *

Training session ..................
How come you didn't primer the headlight buckets?
Did you just scuff them up and give them a dusting? Can't really tell from the pictures.

Yes just scuffed and painted. There was spot on one that had some rust which I ground down, etched and primed first.
saigon71
Lookin good Scotty!

Bill, will this car be at Hershey next year?
billh1963
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Dec 6 2012, 08:29 AM) *

Lookin good Scotty!

Bill, will this car be at Hershey next year?

I hope so....I would like to attend!
hot_shoe914
dry.gif
scotty b
smile.gif
billh1963
Wow! Starting to look like a car again!
wingnut86
Geez Scotty, a bit garish and shiny biggrin.gif

Maybe flatten it down a bit with some orange peel?

That way when Bill is racing some ole schmuck in a tail dragger, he won't have an unfair advantage from blinding the other driver with paint glare.

happy11.gif
jersey914
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Dec 9 2012, 03:12 PM) *

Geez Scotty, a bit garish and shiny biggrin.gif

Maybe flatten it down a bit with some orange peel?

That way when Bill is racing some ole schmuck in a tail dragger, he won't have an unfair advantage from blinding the other driver with paint glare.

happy11.gif

agree.gif biggrin.gif
SUNAB914
Bill, how about a black racing strip down the center? Man Scott is good. smilie_pokal.gif
billh1963
No racing stripes! Don't want to build any false expectations that this thing is fast! lol-2.gif
Dr Evil
No bad.
balljoint
Looking great, I like the stripe idea too.

I 'prolly shoulda had a pro do my stripes.

They do make a car look fast.
Dr Evil
It needs a tramp stamp smile.gif
billh1963
I could always try a vinyl stripe!
MDG
Excellent work!
914Eric

Looks like some really nice work.

Car that nice doesn't need a racing stripe IMHO.
locust.gif
Gint
No stripes. That looks great just like that.
jersey914
Only way that car would get a stripe was if Scott was putting it on. I vote no Stripe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.