Mikey914
Just need 3 more.
sixnotfour
Im in for a pair.
ThinAir
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
patrick3000
Mark,

Thanks for your work, put me in for a set of tops.
ThinAir
icon_bump.gif If my math is right, we need just 1 more.
Mikey914
You are correct
Harpo
Please add my name to the list

Thanks

David
ThinAir
So, Mikey... were you gonna post pictures so we could decide paint or no-paint? When are you going to actually take orders/money?
gazzar
i'm,
interested in a set - can they be posted out to the uk if so for how much ? beer3.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(gazzar @ Oct 1 2012, 10:49 AM) *

i'm,
interested in a set - can they be posted out to the uk if so for how much ? beer3.gif

Yes they can. I need your postal code to get the shipping quoted. PM me.

I'm supposed to have some pics on these in the next few days, so I'll get them up as soon as I have them.
Mark
Mikey914
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentTook a little longer that we wanted, but you will like these-
Note the curve just like th eOEM is emulated, as weel as the ends being like OEM.

Production wil lput these inbount in about a week to 10 days.
Krieger
Very nice. How do you want payment? Can I get these with my top?
Mikey914
QUOTE(Krieger @ Oct 5 2012, 05:33 AM) *

Very nice. How do you want payment? Can I get these with my top?

Well they will not fit in the same box, but, they can arrive together. The production on these will begin late this next week. I'm working on the blocks that these mount with, we are trying to make the mounts a stainless stud with a rubber isolator.

We will start sending out PMs this next week notifying those that were interested they are in production.
gazzar
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 5 2012, 08:46 AM) *

Took a little longer that we wanted, but you will like these-
Note the curve just like th eOEM is emulated, as weel as the ends being like OEM.

Production wil lput these inbount in about a week to 10 days.

they look great ! smilie_pokal.gif
Chris H.
Nice work Mark! Are you still planning to do the one piece bumper/top? Hope so.
pilothyer
Very Nice, Mark smilie_pokal.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Oct 5 2012, 06:43 PM) *

Nice work Mark! Are you still planning to do the one piece bumper/top? Hope so.

Yes they will be made. We wanted to make just the tops available 1st.
bembry
Mark,

Can I get in on the $290. order?

Brent
GulleyGulley
I'm in. PM when they are available.
gothspeed
They look great ... smile.gif .......... how do they attach to the bumper? Do you just drill the bottom flange and put some bolts in there?
Mikey914
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Oct 8 2012, 09:30 AM) *

They look great ... smile.gif .......... how do they attach to the bumper? Do you just drill the bottom flange and put some bolts in there?

These will mount just like the OEM tops. They will simply "bolt on". No drilling required.

And yes it's not too late to get in on these. I just need to confirm production schedule before I take money. I anticipate that these will be in full swing in about a week.
-Mark
Mikey914
The substructure mounts are being fabricated now with jigs being made Production will be running end of next week.

aktion035.gif
Mikey914
Just PM'd everone so if I missed you let me know. I will be playing with different finishes on Monday and posting some pictures there is a rubberized coating I hope will make these look and feel like OEM.
casey944
Just need a front one Mark. Let me know!
ruby914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 12 2012, 09:53 PM) *

Just PM'd everone so if I missed you let me know. I will be playing with different finishes on Monday and posting some pictures there is a rubberized coating I hope will make these look and feel like OEM.

Looks great!
I would like to see the back side, mounting surface.
Mikey914
The backs will have solid blocks with stainless studs, I will be putting a rubber isolator on the base to avoid damage to the bumper. I'll post pictures later in the week.
But honestly, as long as it's a solid mount and it will not damage the bumper, how the back looks is really not a issue as it's not cosmetic.
gazzar
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 13 2012, 05:53 AM) *

mikey i am going to order a set but now you are trying rubber look ones i don't know what ones to get - can you post some pictures before i make my mind up.
The original ones looked great but the rubbery ones might look even better !
If you do post pictures can you bolt one to a bumper so we can see one in situ.
i'm going to have to get some dog bones and drill some holes as my 914 is a US 1975 with the shocks and that heavy girder in them.
kbrunk1
I think a picture would be of great benefit.
Thanks
walterolin
Hello Mike

Check's in the mail.

More stuff to order, but it will be a while, I'm putting the trailing arms back right now. Got the big front targa seal a while back, did a test fitting and it looked nice. I really appreciate the parts you are making, makes the rustoration a lot easier, and I doubt you are making Mitt Romney money with these projects.

Thanks
Olin
Mikey914
QUOTE(walterolin @ Oct 15 2012, 06:59 AM) *

Hello Mike

Check's in the mail.

More stuff to order, but it will be a while, I'm putting the trailing arms back right now. Got the big front targa seal a while back, did a test fitting and it looked nice. I really appreciate the parts you are making, makes the rustoration a lot easier, and I doubt you are making Mitt Romney money with these projects.

Thanks
Olin

Actually I'm reinvesting about every dime I make on more new stuff. I have some cash intensive projects that will be comming out in the next few months.
-Mark
Mikey914
Here's some pictures next to my dirty bumper. I coated half of the bumper with the SEM bumper black, and it looks identical to the gel coat. I was looking for my rubberizes coating I bought earlier, but this really looks good so I'm not going to mess it up.
Mikey914
Notice the nice unrippled contour with the "ripple" like OEM. The other fiberglass ones didn't have this detail. Even a nice under cut lip.
gazzar
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 17 2012, 10:13 AM) *

Notice the nice unrippled contour with the "ripple" like OEM. The other fiberglass ones didn't have this detail. Even a nice under cut lip.

mikey, i have Paypal'd you for my set of bumper tops.I tried to PM you but your inbox is full, you must be a busy man - looking forward to them arriving but i'm not looking forward to paying the $64 import duty though !

cheers type.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(gazzar @ Oct 18 2012, 12:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 17 2012, 10:13 AM) *

mikey, i have Paypal'd you for my set of bumper tops.I tried to PM you but your inbox is full, you must be a busy man - looking forward to them arriving but i'm not looking forward to paying the $64 import duty though !

cheers type.gif

I hate to burst your bubble but the flat rate shipping was domestic. I can work you a deal on the shipping, but it will be a bit over $18. If you want I will get you a full refund no problem, as soon as I have a set in my hands on Monday I'll get the shipping figured out.
Sorry,
Mark
PS-I made some room in the mail box now.
Harpo
Mike, When will these start shipping?

Thanks

DAvid
bfrymire
QUOTE(Harpo @ Nov 7 2012, 03:51 PM) *

Mike, When will these start shipping?

Thanks

DAvid

I

Mine arrived a couple of days ago. I received a shipping notice a few days before.

--brett
Mikey914
I've got the 1st 4 out, I'll have 6 more monday and will have another 7 the following week. Part of the issue with getting these out faster were the substructure blocks, James ahs bene doing these by hand. I'll be setting up a program to make these on an automated mill, so I can crank these out faster. There are 10 blocks on a set, and there are 3 different variations. He underestimated the time necessary to do these, so the production will jump up to 6-7 sets per week.
gazzar
mikey,
any news for my set for the uk !
no1uno
Is it too late? I'd like to get a set at gb price if possible. please pm payment info if still open. thanks
Mikey914
Getting these slowly from James, the 1st bacth had some adheasion issues and we had to revisit the method of attachement. So yes no problem. I have about 15 sets in front of you, but if you can wait about 20 days, no problem, These will be all shipped out before the 25th.
-Mark
Evil914
QUOTE(stugray @ Sep 5 2012, 02:02 PM) *

I might be interested. Now that you have the molds for the bumper top, can you do a whole bumper with the top already molded in?

How much lighter are the FG tops than the rubber?
I have some nice rubber tops. Selling those would probably pay for the FG.

Stu

agree.gif I'd like the whole bumper set-up as well.
Mikey914
I have the rears, and James has the molds for the front, but hasn't made any yet. As soon as we get these done, I'm sure we can get these finished.
gothspeed
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 17 2012, 01:10 AM) *

Here's some pictures next to my dirty bumper. I coated half of the bumper with the SEM bumper black, and it looks identical to the gel coat. I was looking for my rubberizes coating I bought earlier, but this really looks good so I'm not going to mess it up.

Great work man beerchug.gif !! They look freakin' great smile.gif!!!
walterolin
Fedex dropped a large package in my driveway yesterday. They look nice. Unfortunately they are going into my growing stack of new parts for the time being, probably be late spring before I get to the bumpers.

Thanks Mark.

Walter Olin
charlesmac
Is there still time to get in on the group buy? I'd like a set if so.
Mikey914
Still working through backorders, 2-3 weeks before I'll be able to get anything out to new orders.

James is supposed to hit me with 12 sets this week. The problem was in making the mounts, he was hand cutting them. I'm actually machining them, and will be getting him these today.
-mark
bembry
Mark--any updates on the bumper tops?
1973Porsche
Is it too late to get in on this?
Mikey914
These are moving painfully slow. I wound up having to machine the mounts for James, I've been told I'll have another 6 sets this week (friday) I'd bet on 4 sets, so these trickle out, but we'll get them out. Just dropped one out to ZIG-ZAG Thursday, with 2 others, so yes the GB is open until these are fufilled. Hopefully we'll have these wrapped up in 3 weeks.
-Mark
gazzar
mikey - are these still being made i ordered and paid for a set back in October, I'm waiting to grind off the rubber bumper mounts off my 1975 model - but if they aren't gonna turn up the rubber girders will have to go back on. confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.