Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Sti build.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
914GTSTI
Yes, I found out the tran's is a 06. Male axles and using the case numbers.

I was told by the old owner it has a LSD but we will see.

Also been think over the weekend and think I will just use the 901 and the Turbo " Leg "motor and build a cradle for it. Also think I will leave the GT idea behind.

This will free up the trans and EZ30 for a different build.
76-914
IMHO, running a 901 on anything other than a Porsche power plant is akin to driving a square peg into a round hole. beerchug.gif
914GTSTI
Working on the trailing arm. Does this look ok ?
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
914GTSTI
Went back and reread my build. Only change was I used weld-through paint on this arm. Man I have been doing this car for a long time. Sad. But I'm not dead yet.
914GTSTI
After looking at 6 taillights. I now have one left and one right. What a pain. But I saved $$$.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
914GTSTI
After looking at 6 taillights. I now have one left and one right. What a pain. But I saved $$$.
914GTSTI
Supply's are here. Paint the "Mirror Chrome" tomorrow .Click to view attachment
914GTSTI
First paint down. Black. In 48 hours I will spray the chrome. Then we will see. But anything will be better than what is not their now.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
autopro
I've used that paint before and it works great, do light coats and it will really look like chrome. The only problems I've had is when I try to clear over it, the chrome turns dull and just looks like silver paint.
914GTSTI
QUOTE(autopro @ Aug 16 2022, 08:00 PM) *

I've used that paint before and it works great, do light coats and it will really look like chrome. The only problems I've had is when I try to clear over it, the chrome turns dull and just looks like silver paint.

I did some checking and the "net" said don't do it and that is the way I will go.
914GTSTI
Opened up the right jack point. Lower outer jack cove is rusted. The next inner panel is rusted. The next panel looks ok so far. Take a look and tell me what you would do ?

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Need to move the lift arm to cut our the lower spot welds.
rjames
Wire wheel and keep cutting back little by little until you hit good metal, then replace it.
I encountered a similar issue when I first got my car.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

914GTSTI
That was what I was thinking.
Thanks.
914GTSTI
Been planning what wheels I will be using and don't want to pay for changing them. So started building a HF manual with the duck thing. Will test tomorrow. Will use the biggest tire and rim I have 295/50r15 on a 10 x 15 .

Click to view attachment
914GTSTI
A little more progress. Maybe test tomorrow ?

Click to view attachment
914GTSTI
A little more progress. Maybe test tomorrow ?

Click to view attachment
914GTSTI
It works !
Just need to get it bolted to the shop floor.

Click to view attachment
914GTSTI
question. Leave the the motor seal or remove it ? I will be using EZ Subaru motor.
914GTSTI
Tested the tire change and it worked Great. Now I can play with any tires I want.

Painted the chrome today also. What do you think ?

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
914GTSTI
Wanted to say THANK's to 914 Rubber. I ordered two turn signal covers and gaskets and for got the screws. I then ordered the 4 screws on a different order. I got a refund for the shipping . They put the screws in the first order. Way to go 914 Rubber. "THANKS"
914GTSTI
All most ready. Just need the car to get finish.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
914GTSTI
First clean up. Used by blaster co clean off the bad paint and to prep for a refinish.

Click to view attachment
autopro
Looking good, chrome paint came out great!
914GTSTI
Mounted up a 185/55R15. Looks good.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

And the 914 Rubber lens and seal are installed. Simple thing but fun.

Click to view attachment

Did the math on the Subaru WRX 5MT with a EZ30R using the 185/55R15.
At 2500 rpm with a speed of 62 in 5 gear.

Also tested the tail lights. May need to get new covers ?

Click to view attachment

Any reason not to go with this size tire?

On a side note I'm not going to go with the GT look. Maybe later but for now .
Just going to do the repairs and get on the road.
914GTSTI
One more wheel cleaned and will seal on Wednesday. Using Cerakote Clear - Aluminum MC-5100.
914GTSTI
A very little more. But it is moving forward.
Click to view attachment
914GTSTI
Some more cutting. Need to get a face shield.
Click to view attachment

Is their a listing for the spot welds on the panels. Like where they are ?
Thanks
914GTSTI
Am I getting this right ?
Click to view attachment
R_u_dd
QUOTE(914GTSTI @ Nov 10 2018, 11:45 AM) *

Got some parts in. Very nice !

IPB Image

But still trying to decide what way to go ? Use the 2.0 turbo with the 901 or sell that setup and go with a EZ30 and the MT5 ?

Ideas ?

Zerodecibalmotorsports.com. is that the vendor website?
914pipe
I'm running a EG33 with a FuelTech 550. If I change my engine I will go with the 3.6 . But you won't go wrong with the EZ30.

Maybe you have seen this clip:

https://youtu.be/uod6avfs4AM

Here are some pics of my running build... It's stupid fast and make great noises!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Keep it up!!! I would like to see more of this build!!!

Pipe

914GTSTI
Yes, great run. But I think you may have cooked your tires .
914GTSTI
Things change. Putting up my car's for sale with all the parts. EJ20T with Kennedy adaptor kit with new starter , two 914 motors not running. Exhaust built for Subaru motor to turbo. Two cars with titles one I can't find. Main car is almost rust free but drivers side front has been fixed at some time. Two tran's one side shift. One is a roller the others are on pallets. 5 Fluke wheels 3 striped . Some photos of the other car's. Have a forklift to help load.

$6500

Thanks

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

914GTSTI
OK
I will just build it .
mgp4591
QUOTE(914GTSTI @ Nov 2 2022, 11:04 PM) *

OK
I will just build it .

You've got a support group with fellow Subaru hybrids here and thanks for your posts so far. Look forward to many more to inspire me and others as well!
914GTSTI
I will try to keep driving.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.