Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SoCal Fun Run #3 SAT 11/13
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
ematulac
And lastly, this guy was parked across from us on PCH. Had the darndest time taking his picture, because traffic kept blocking the shot.
ematulac
Special thanks to Joe and his red 'taildragger!' If he didn't wait for us at the exit of PCH I would have gotten the rest of the train lost going to Ruby's!

One of the funniest moments of the whole ride was waiting at a red light in Elsinore. Some gentleman in an SUV saw Dad's type III and hollered 'Nice car ... truck ... whatever that thing is!!' and a kid trying to get us to go to a car wash give it a really manly 'whoa! yeah! that thing is a beast!'
mrmeade
I drive slow? I was doing the best I could. It was great to be surrounded by so many 914's on a Saturday morning. Good run, thank you Aaron for engineering this event. Hope to do more like this soon.
Aaron Cox
you dont drive slow...we drive TOO FAST!!!! biggrin.gif

didnt seem to be a single problem the wholetime. thanks you all for coming! see you next month!
MattR
Any pics of aarons car smoking? smoke.gif
Aaron Cox
still burning all the oil off that one heat exchanger..... from the valve cover leak....
Brando
From all of you whom took pics... would it be possible I could get copies from you all? I'll pay postage and media expense if I could please have a copy of all the pictures thanks smile.gif
skline
Why dont you just right click on each picture and save it to your computer. Put them all into a single folder like I do and you will in time, have pictures of thousand of 914's. I bet I have more than actual cars still running and on the road.
Brando
because the real digital pictures are probably at 1280x1024 resolution and these aren't all of them
ematulac
The originals are 1280 x 1024.

Brando, send me a PM with your address and I'll mail you a CD.

boldblue.gif
Toast
QUOTE(JohnnyX @ Nov 13 2004, 08:39 PM)
Rubys

Did all of you guys pay the meters? laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Toast @ Nov 15 2004, 01:08 PM)
QUOTE(JohnnyX @ Nov 13 2004, 08:39 PM)
Rubys

Did all of you guys pay the meters? laugh.gif

yep..... hard to find parking for 20 wacko.gif
Toast
Awesome pictures eveyone! clap56.gif

Looks like it was a hella fun run! burnout.gif Wish I could have been there. Maybe next time.

Congratulations on your admin status Aaron!

You totally deserve it for making those events runs so successful in an area that gets bashed for no interest or attendance.

Aaron, You Rock! aktion035.gif
Aaron Cox
thx toast, pray.gif

i better see you at the AX and/or the dec. fun run! happy11.gif
Toast
QUOTE(ematulac @ Nov 14 2004, 10:19 AM)
And then, I was taking picture of the white 914 that joined us at Ruby's (sorry, don't know who this or the previous 914 belonged to) and an orange 914 got caught in the picture. Not sure if it was one of us, either.

I wonder what the cop across the street thought? idea.gif wink.gif
Mike D.
QUOTE(ematulac @ Nov 14 2004, 08:44 AM)
Mike D.: Didn't mean to lose you when the I-5 got slow. It was just an automatic reflex for me to exit the freeway at that spot and take an alternate route (I'm on OC transplant).

Ed, Great pics, better pics of my car than i got. I thought you must have bailed out somewhere. That's cool. I took the 605 north to the 210, still didn't get to SCV 'till after 3pm, man that 5 traffic is the worst wacko.gif

-Mike D.
ematulac
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Nov 15 2004, 04:09 PM)
QUOTE(ematulac @ Nov 14 2004, 08:44 AM)
Mike D.: Didn't mean to lose you when the I-5 got slow. It was just an automatic reflex for me to exit the freeway at that spot and take an alternate route (I'm on OC transplant).

Ed, Great pics, better pics of my car than i got. I thought you must have bailed out somewhere. That's cool. I took the 605 north to the 210, still didn't get to SCV 'till after 3pm, man that 5 traffic is the worst wacko.gif

-Mike D.

I actually took 91-> 605 -> 210 -> 134 ... got home just shy of 3 p.m. I'm really allergic to that I-5!

I think I have a few more pics of your car that didn't get posted ... the ones I took on the freeway didn't come out so great, though. I haven't gotten the hang of shooting / driving yet. Not to mention that my wife got upset that I took pictures while I was driving! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.