Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB on New Taco Plates & Tuna Cans - CLOSED 2/11/13
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
914four
QUOTE(dfelz @ Jan 21 2013, 03:36 PM) *

QUOTE(jonesy @ Jan 21 2013, 01:01 PM) *

I've noticed a couple of requests for Blue... but i'm sorry to say that i can only do Black or Silver.

I did post a while back stating this but its probably been lost a few pages back now.

Hope this is ok.

Cheers,
Neil

NP, i only look at the first page...

I'll take Silver then!

Silver for me as well.

Kelvin
ChrisFoley
Right now, someone who purchases one of each and gets both seal kits, will pay a grand total of $132.07 - delivered to their door.
That's a pretty good deal!
StratPlayer
So who and when do we pay??
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Jan 22 2013, 12:43 PM) *

So who and when do we pay??

Read Post #91.
Jmedeiros
Please put me down for 2 tacos & two tuna cans in blue & seal kits for all 4. I'm in the bay area so, if anyone is organizing a bulk ship to San Jose, SF or somewhere close by, let me know & count me in!! piratenanner.gif

Thanks,

Jim Medeiros
Jmedeiros
Just noticed only 'black and silver'. Silver for my 2 tuna & two tacos.

Jim Medeiros
Jmedeiros
Chris - is it cheaper to bulk ship to the bay area?? If so, I'm willing to take all the orders & distribute from my humble abode here in San Jose if someone else isn't already doing it! idea.gif

Cheers,

Jim Medeiros
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Jmedeiros @ Jan 22 2013, 04:58 PM) *

Chris - is it cheaper to bulk ship to the bay area?? If so, I'm willing to take all the orders & distribute from my humble abode here in San Jose if someone else isn't already doing it! idea.gif

Cheers,

Jim Medeiros

You can save a few dollars by grouping.
The choice comes down to how easy it is to meet up with the one who receives the package.

Right now your 4 pc order ships cross country for $9.62 in a Regional Rate A Priority box.
I can fit quite a few more pieces in the box without any added cost.
The LA group has a dozen pieces, so 9.62 divided by 12 = 81 cents per piece.

I'm not going to accept shipping payments until the parts are sent from England, so you have time to work on the idea.
sportlicherFahrer
Would like to update my bit of the order. 1 of each in black with gaskets shipped individually. Thank you!
euro911
Got it, Jim.
ChrisFoley
Here's the latest spreadsheet.
Click to view attachment
Price for one Tunacan, delivered to your door is down to just over $71! beerchug.gif
euro911
Just a few more days till this GB ends.

Any additional takers?

These are the best price you're gonna get on these for a while idea.gif

PLEASE indicate your choice of color (Silver or Black) ...

and if you want GASKETS
euro911
icon_bump.gif
flash914
One each (plate, can, and seal kit). You will need to work me through pay pal as I use it fine with evil bay but anyother time I'm not so good. Gordon
toadman
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 26 2013, 12:52 AM) *

Any additional takers?

I am in for one can, one plate and one gasket set for each of them. Thanks!
euro911
Only 4 more shopping days ... chowtime.gif
ChrisFoley
Here's the latest spreadsheet:
Click to view attachment

Taco Plate price reduced to 27 pounds sterling.
Exchange rate went down a little more.
One thing the spreadsheet doesn't reflect yet is postal price increases due to hit at the end of January.

Here's my current payment plan:
GB closes Thursday night.
Friday I'll post the final spreadsheet and will PM people my personal Paypal address.
At that time I will take payments (no fee please) for the Taco Plates and Tunacans with import shipping only.
I'll post who has and who has not paid and keep the list updated.

We need a deadline for receipt of payment. Is one week sufficient?
If anyone doesn't pay it will affect the price of everone else's order, however, I have a plan for this possibility.

When we reach the payment deadline I will send our group payment to Jonesy.
As soon as I have an arrival timeline from him I will release the url to a webpage with Paypal button I created for the seal kits and delivery payments.
Paypal pricing will be adjusted to make up for any discrepancies due to exchange rate or dropped orders from the first payment.

This method ensures that everyone pays the correct amount.
It ensures that the Group Buy isn't on my company books but the seal kits and delivery are on the books.
It gives people more time to change their mind on group vs. individual delivery and on the number of seal kits they want.
ChrisFoley
Here's today's spreadsheet in PDF format:
Click to view attachment
NORD
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif

Mark and Chris you both have a PM

I'd like to get in for a silver Tuna Can and the Gasket system shipped to my door

Edit; Mark talked to Chris put me down for Silver Tuna Can and Gasket set
bozo914
OK, I'm in for both tuna can and taco plate, in black w/ seals.
toadman
QUOTE(toadman @ Jan 27 2013, 04:40 PM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 26 2013, 12:52 AM) *

Any additional takers?

I am in for one can, one plate and one gasket set for each of them. Thanks!

I forgot to indicate my color choice. Make mine silver, please.
914bry
I'd like to get in on the deal. I'll take one tuna can and one taco. Both in silver please.
ChrisFoley
Here's the latest spreadsheet, updated this morning.
The exchange rate is still improving. smile.gif
Click to view attachment
StratPlayer
Every time I hit the spreadsheet link, the page doesn't load.
zixxv6
I am new here just starting a build and would like to get in on this group buy if possible. Please put me down for one of each, in silver with seals for both. Thanks
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(zixxv6 @ Jan 30 2013, 12:36 PM) *

I am new here just starting a build and would like to get in on this group buy if possible. Please put me down for one of each, in silver with seals for both. Thanks

You're in.

Jim, I don't know what's wrong. I can't download it from my desktop computer either.
I have no problem getting it with my laptop running Vista though.
JFJ914
OK, I'm in for 1 Silver Tuna Can and Chris' set of gaskets.
euro911
QUOTE(914bry @ Jan 29 2013, 10:24 PM) *

I'd like to get in on the deal. I'll take one tuna can and one taco. Both in silver please.
Do you need gaskets for either?
Harpo
I will take one of each (taco & tuna) in black with two of each gaskets kits

Thanks

David
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Harpo @ Jan 30 2013, 06:53 PM) *

I will take one of each (taco & tuna) in black with two of each gaskets kits

Thanks

David

thumb3d.gif
clapeza
I'm in for one taco plate in silver and the needed gaskets.

Chester
euro911
Updated the list and the .xls

Midnight Thursday Jan. 31st is the deadline to sign up
euro911
Last day is today
euro911
Just a reminder ...
Rob914
I am in for one tuna can in silver.
timothy_nd28
I'll take a taco plate (silver). Thanks for setting this up guys.
euro911
Got ya Rob and Tim thumb3d.gif

GOT GASKETS? idea.gif
Some how this has turned into a unofficial group buy. And then with the addition of the gasket kit from Chris...how much do we owe? Ps I've only requested one tuna can and gasket set. Do I PayPal Chris or? Sorry to ask as I've not been following this for a few weeks now.

Thanks
gothspeed
QUOTE(396 @ Feb 1 2013, 01:51 AM) *

Some how this has turned into a unofficial group buy. And then with the addition of the gasket kit from Chris...how much do we owe? Ps I've only requested one tuna can and gasket set. Do I PayPal Chris or? Sorry to ask as I've not been following this for a few weeks now.

Thanks

Here is the Jonesy info from the first page of this thread. I thought for 'individual' shipping and no gaskets, one would just pay Jonesy (the maker of these parts) according to the costs below:

Hello all and thanks for your interest.

Heres some figures for you;

Taco plate
£32 each for 1-4
£31 each for 5-9
£29 each for 10-24
£27 each for 25-49
£25 each for 50+

Tuna can
£45 each for 1-4
£43 each for 5-9
£41 each for 10-24
£39 each for 25-49
£36 each for 50+

Shipping
£8 for 1 Part
£2 for each additional part up to 10 parts
£1 for each additional part over 10 parts

As an example if you order 10 taco plates and have them shipped to the same address they will work out to £31.60 each including shipping, which is less than the £32 for just the part. Or better still if i can make 25 for you then they will be £28.64 each including shipping. But for 50 they work out to just £26.32 each includng shipping.

$$$$ - To give you an idea of the exchange rates -

£31.60 GBP (the shipped cost for each taco plate if ordering 10) will work out to appox $50 USD.

£26.32 GBP (the shipped cost for each taco plate if ordering 50) will work out to appox $40 USD.

Hope this helps, if you want more info/prices etc just let me know.

Cheers,
Neil
<< Jonesy

Here is the latest cost info from euro911 (starter of this thread):

EDIT 1/22/13 - PRICE DROP ON TACO PLATES, NOW ONLY £27 each

As of Jan 31, the count on Taco Plates is 33, @ £27 (currently $42.75) each + shipping*

... and the count on Tuna Cans is now 45, @ £39 (currently $61.75) each + shipping*

ChrisFoley
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Feb 1 2013, 12:32 PM) *

Here is the Jonesy info from the first page of this thread. I thought for 'individual' shipping and no gaskets, one would just pay Jonesy (the maker of these parts) according to the costs below:

You obviously haven't been paying attention. slap.gif

Jonesy is not the organizer of the GB, and he clearly does not want individual payments to be made for a group buy organized by someone else.
I'm helping Mark S., who started this deal, by handling payments and distribution.
Go to the new thread I started this morning to find out what you should do next.
Group Buy Payments
euro911
Chris' post #91 outlines how this GB works.

When all the numbers are crunched, all payments will be sent to a special Pay Pal account that Chris has set up.

Each participant will be notified as to how much to pay for their order.

When Chris receives payments from all the participants, he will send a single payment to jonesy for the entire order of Taco Plates, Tuna Cans and shipping from the UK to the US.

Chris will receive a single shipment from jonsey and will be distributing (US shipping) to the participant's locations (either group shipping, or individual address shipping - each buyer's choice).

For those who chose LA group shipping, their orders will be shipped to my shop in Harbor City. All the rest of the orders will be shipped to the individual's addresses as noted. You folks will need to provide Chris with your shipping info.

As Chris stated in post #91, you will be expected to make two payments to Chris as follows:

1) You will pay for the items you ordered (tacos and/or tunas) using the Personal Payment (Gift) option so he doesn't incur a fee for receiving the payment. Chris will pm you the payment amounts and the paypal address.

2) You will also pay for delivery and any gaskets you want separately, using a webpage link I will pm to you all at the appropriate time.

Stay tuned ...
StratPlayer
Money sent::::: driving.gif
gothspeed
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Feb 1 2013, 09:49 AM) *

QUOTE(gothspeed @ Feb 1 2013, 12:32 PM) *

You obviously haven't been paying attention. slap.gif

Jonesy is not the organizer of the GB, and he clearly does not want individual payments to be made for a group buy organized by someone else.
I'm helping Mark S., who started this deal, by handling payments and distribution.
Go to the new thread I started this morning to find out what you should do next.
Group Buy Payments

Hey, I am not on here 24/7 and NOT trying to ruffle anyones feathers. I was just going by the information that Jonesy sent to euro911 which included 'shipping' information down to just one part, which would indicate shipping to an 'individual' directly, with one payment to the seller.

Taco plate
£32 each for 1-4
£31 each for 5-9
£29 each for 10-24
£27 each for 25-49
£25 each for 50+

Tuna can
£45 each for 1-4
£43 each for 5-9
£41 each for 10-24
£39 each for 25-49
£36 each for 50+

Shipping
£8 for 1 Part
£2 for each additional part up to 10 parts
£1 for each additional part over 10 parts
jonesy
Hey mate no worries, its my fault for not making it clear in the first place but Chris and Mark have it all under control.

Thanks to you all for your orders, and a big thanks to Mark and Chris beerchug.gif

Cheers,

Neil (Jonesy)
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(gothspeed @ Feb 1 2013, 01:30 PM) *

Hey, I am not on here 24/7 and NOT trying to ruffle anyones feathers. I was just going by the information that Jonesy sent to euro911 which included 'shipping' information down to just one part, which would indicate shipping to an 'individual' directly, with one payment to the seller.

I've saved you another $4.35 doing it this way.
smile.gif
timothy_nd28
Since I ordered the taco plate, it would be nice if I could hook it up. Does anyone happen to know if this gauge can be put into the brake warning light area on the fuel gauge?
pnewman
I just found this thread!

Did I miss the dead line? sad.gif
I am interested in a silver can and two sets of gaskets if still available.
I will pm euro
euro911
If the guys who ordered don't pay Chris by the Feb 11th. deadline, there may be some 'extras' available idea.gif

Let's see how Chris feels about it ... popcorn[1].gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 8 2013, 09:01 PM) *

If the guys who ordered don't pay Chris by the Feb 11th. deadline, there may be some 'extras' available idea.gif

Let's see how Chris feels about it ... popcorn[1].gif

I just PMed Pete that he can get a tunacan.
Even if everyone comes through, I think we can easily accomodate a few more without issues.
euro911
... and maybe even hit the 5th. tier on tuna cans?

smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.