Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB on New Taco Plates & Tuna Cans - CLOSED 2/11/13
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
LotusJoe
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 7 2013, 12:16 PM) *

QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Jan 7 2013, 09:40 AM) *
Is there a California group buy? If so, can I still get in on it? I'm here in Southern California.
Still plenty of time, Joe. Just let us know what you want, color and quantities and I'll update the list.

Ok, I'm in for a tuna can. Don't care what color.
jonesy
QUOTE(edwin @ Jan 8 2013, 06:00 AM) *

I just had one of these arrive in the mail and am very happy with how it looks.
Havent had the chance to fit it yet because i am waiting for a pair of new seals to fit.
May i sugest organising a bunch of these for each kit as you will need 2 for each kit and it's a pain having to wait for 2 suppliers
Looks like some good buying to be had here.
Edwin

Hi Edwin,
Thanks for your feedback and glad to hear you like it.
Cheers,
Neil
jonesy
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jan 8 2013, 07:01 AM) *

Here's the updated Excel spreadsheet.
Click to view attachment

I added a column for Paypal Fees in the event someone collects payments from everyone else.
I am willing to be the hub for payments if we go with single payer to Jonesy.
However, Paypal adds a significant cost to this option.
The only way around it is using the Gift option or sending check/money order.
I don't know what Paypal's policy is regarding Gifts, how closely they monitor it or if they apply fees when a payment doesn't fit their accepted model.

I would prefer a single payment and thats really what i based the discounted group buy prices on.
Paypal gift option works fine with no problems, how can they decide how many friends you have that want to send you a gift ; )
The only fees that paypal apply with a gift payment is if your sending money in a different currency. So the buyers paying you Chris won't be a problem.
However, you paying me will incur a charge. If paid as a gift i will pay this fee (you choose who pays it when you make the payment) as otherwise its not fair on you, unless you divide it again between all buyers... but lets keep this as simple as possibe and i'll just pay it.
Cheers,
Neil
euro911
Neil, what about the OEM oil strainer?

Can it be utilized with your Tuna Can, or do we eliminate it?
914_teener
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 8 2013, 01:10 PM) *

I need an answer to this until I commit to the can.

I like the idea of Chris being a hub as it would seem that the shipping costs will be greatly diminished if he wants to take it on. Besides I think I will spring for the MPS kit since I have committed to stock FI.

So Chris will you do that?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jan 8 2013, 05:31 PM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 8 2013, 01:10 PM) *

I need an answer to this until I commit to the can.

I like the idea of Chris being a hub as it would seem that the shipping costs will be greatly diminished if he wants to take it on. Besides I think I will spring for the MPS kit since I have committed to stock FI.

So Chris will you do that?

A) Yes the stock strainer can be utilized. That's a key feature IMO.

B) I'm fine with taking care of collecting payment as long as people use the Gift option or send a check/MO.
I have the infrastructure for distribution and most of you are already in my postal address book.
Neil prefers a single payment as I suspected he would want anyway.
tscrihfield
It is a definite for me with the added info I requested. Chris, let me know when I need to pay up! I'll be happy to throw in a couple extra bucks for you facilitating The payment...

Thanks,
Thomas
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(tscrihfield @ Jan 8 2013, 09:12 PM) *

It is a definite for me with the added info I requested. Chris, let me know when I need to pay up! I'll be happy to throw in a couple extra bucks for you facilitating The payment...

Thanks,
Thomas

I'll let Mark keep up the paperwork until the "enrollment period" ends.

No payments until after closing and we calculate the correct payment for the exchange rate and number of pieces ordered.

No need to pay me for my part. I'm getting something I wanted at a better price too. smile.gif
Krieger
I never took the time to understand the benefit for these things. One or two seconds of oil in a corner?
euro911
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jan 8 2013, 06:32 PM) *
.... One or two seconds of [loss of] oil in a corner?
can destroy your bearings. Think about how many RPMs your crank is doing in a couple of seconds idea.gif
ChrisFoley
Just a quick note:
I went onto Paypal and got the currency conversion rate they're using.
Its very close to 1.65 today.
euro911
Yesterday, Jim Hoyland and I were just discussing what seals and gaskets were required. I can get gaskets and seals from Pelican, they're local.

You may need to add another column to the .xls type.gif

Interesting side note, Pelican used to be a mile away from where I worked in El Segundo, then after I retired, they moved to within a mile of my shop. How's that for customer service laugh.gif
'73-914kid
If you're on it, let's say the motor is spinning 4k RPM. That's 67 revs per second. Loss of oil pressure for one or two seconds will trash bearings at that speed. Anything you can do to prevent loss of oil pressure on these motors is a great idea.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 9 2013, 12:28 PM) *

You may need to add another column to the .xls type.gif

Yeah, I know. smile.gif
I already buy strainer gasket kits in quantity for my service customers.
The problem is mixing a simple Group Buy cash transfer with a business transaction.
I would be committing fraud if people sent me money using the personal transaction feature but a portion of the payment was actually being used for a commercial transaction.
So to keep it legit I would have to take a separate payment for the seals.
I'm not ruling that out, but...
jonesy
I currently have 1 black taco plate that is already located in the USA.

This means if anyone wants one quickly they can have that one for £36 shipped.

Cheers,
Neil
RiceNeck
I would like to get a Taco Plate and Tuna Can, both parts in the silver.
Shipped to Austin TX 78717
euro911
List updated
euro911
List updated
ChrisFoley
Updated Spreadsheet:
Click to view attachment
See Post 95 for more current spreadsheet.

I can do strainer seal kits for $2.50 and Taco plate seal kits (oem O-ring and 2 oem hollow washers) for $8.50.

I think I want to have the shipping paid for in a separate business paypal payment instead of being part of the personal payment for the Jonesy group buy. That will keep me from getting in trouble with Paypal.

I added columns in my spreadsheet to account for this, and filled in the first three customers as also buying the seals - for an example.
The shipping and seal payment calculated on the spreadsheet includes the appropriate paypal fees.

Edit: had to reload the file after correcting a formula.
914werke
So is it too late to add an order?
a set (1 tuna & 1 taco) is @ $110.52 USD + $6 or so, CONUS?
silver woud be my preferance
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Jan 16 2013, 02:42 PM) *

Currently $116.11 to get it on US soil, another $5.79 for delivery.
euro911
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jan 16 2013, 12:28 PM) *
I had a feeling you'd come around, Rich idea.gif

You're on the list.

This is the kit for the sump/tuna can

Click to view attachment

... and one of these and 2 crush washers are needed for the taco plate

Click to view attachment
ChrisFoley
That's right for the tuna can.

The taco plate doesn't need the paper gasket. Its not made like the stock piece.
My price covers the siicone o-ring and the two copper crush washers for the 6mm bolts.
Dasnowman
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jan 16 2013, 08:50 PM) *

The taco plate doesn't need the paper gasket. Its not made like the stock piece.
My price covers the siicone o-ring and the two copper crush washers for the 6mm bolts.

If it's not to late can I get silver tuna and taco plate....I'm a little confused on shipping it would be to Seattle area 98230

euro911
Chris, have you determined if there is a point of diminishing return?

I must have an old version of Excel dry.gif

Added you to the list, Marlon
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 17 2013, 03:16 AM) *

When I added Rich's order to the list everyone's price went down 7 cents or something like that. smile.gif
I think it would be tough for us to get to the next big price break though.
Although 4 more taco plates would drop everyone's price by 2 pounds.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Dasnowman @ Jan 17 2013, 01:50 AM) *

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jan 16 2013, 08:50 PM) *

If it's not to late can I get silver tuna and taco plate....I'm a little confused on shipping it would be to Seattle area 98230

Shipping will be no problem.
I created a Paypal Add To Cart button and put it on a hidden webpage. The url will be supplied to everyone in the group buy.
The button menu will allow each GB participant to pay the correct shipping for his order, along with seal kits if desired.

I added your order to the spreadsheet and now the imported price for one of each is down to $116.03. Add shipping and seals in a separate payment of $17.08 for a grand total of $133.11.

Edit: Updated spreadsheet link added. I corrected another formula error and added Dasnowman to the list.
Click to view attachment
See Post 95 for a more current spreadsheet.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 17 2013, 03:16 AM) *

I must have an old version of Excel dry.gif

Mark,
If you collect the shipping and seal payments from everyone in your LA group, using the Paypal personal payment option, then make a single payment to me, you all can save a little more $$.
gothspeed
The GB is looking awesome smile.gif!! Will it go till the end of the month? BTW since the prices are looking so good, I will be doing the Individual shipping.
euro911
Shipping duly noted.

Yep, this GB will end on Jan 31st.

OK, all the Los Angeles guys - need to know if you still want Group shipping to my shop or want to change to individual shipping to your address.

Also, let Chris know if you want to purchase the seals/gaskets from him. If you don't post, we'll assume you'll source your own.
Rleog
Chris:

Two sets of seals / gaskets with my order.

Thank you
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 16 2013, 05:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jan 16 2013, 12:28 PM) *
I had a feeling you'd come around, Rich idea.gif

You're on the list.

This is the kit for the sump/tuna can

Click to view attachment

and one each of these is needed for the taco plate

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Mark / Chris,
Please add one set of each of the above gaskets to my order.

Thank you.
r3dplanet
Gentlemen, I too would like a gasket set.
euro911
QUOTE(r3dplanet @ Jan 17 2013, 05:53 PM) *
One for the Taco and one for the Tuna?
914four
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jan 16 2013, 10:51 AM) *

Updated Spreadsheet:
Click to view attachment

I can do strainer seal kits for $2.50 and Taco plate seal kits (oem O-ring and 2 oem hollow washers) for $8.50.

Please add the seal kits to my order.

Kelvin
r3dplanet
Yes. I should have specified both.

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 17 2013, 06:08 PM) *

QUOTE(r3dplanet @ Jan 17 2013, 05:53 PM) *
One for the Taco and one for the Tuna?

ChrisFoley
Spreadheet updated.
I'll repost it after the weekend and more people have the opportunity to post their seal kit wants.
RiceNeck
Chris,
Is this the correct gasket set.
I ordered these way back when.
I will still need taco gaskets, so you may can help me there.
-roger
Click to view attachment
michael7810
I would like a set of gaskets/seals for tuna and taco. Thanks.
lonewolfe
Hey Jonesy, I asked for one of each item but it looks like I should have asked for gaskets for both as well. I would like both pieces in SILVER. How long are you running this group buy? I assume we wait till it's over and we have a total item count before pricing is finalized. Is this correct? I'm surprised there is not a group from the NorCal/SF Bay area. I'm assuming my items will ship directly to me. Will you be contacting all the buyers with totals when the group buy has ended?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Jan 19 2013, 12:55 AM) *

Hey Jonesy, I asked for one of each item but it looks like I should have asked for gaskets for both as well. I would like both pieces in SILVER. How long are you running this group buy? I assume we wait till it's over and we have a total item count before pricing is finalized. Is this correct? I'm surprised there is not a group from the NorCal/SF Bay area. I'm assuming my items will ship directly to me. Will you be contacting all the buyers with totals when the group buy has ended?

For all who haven't followed the entire group buy thread -
Jonesy is the manufacturer of the taco plates and the tuna cans. He is in England.
However he isn't organizing this group buy.

Euro911 is behind the organization of this deal.
I offered to handle the logistics as well as sell the seal kits because I have the business infrastructure to do it efficiently.
Euro911 is keeping the list of participants updated on the first post of this thread.

He has posted that the deal closes on 1/31/2013.
At that time, I'll start collecting Paypal payments.

You will be expected to make two payments to me:
1) pay for the items you ordered using the Personal Payment option so I don't incur a fee for receiving the payment. I'll pm you the payment and paypal address.
2) pay for delivery and any gaskets you want, using a webpage link I will pm to you all at the appropriate time.

No one will know the exact price they are paying until the deal closes and I finalize the spreadsheet. Variables are the exchange rate and the number of items in the final Group Buy tally.

Feel free to organize a group shipping plan to the bay area or anywhere.
Just let us know what you come up with.
However, the savings for group shipping is only a few dollars so it may not provide a meaningful benefit.
no1uno
I'd like to add an additional tuna can to my initial order of one of each. Make them all silver, please. I'd also like to order the seals required for 2 tuna cans and 1 taco plate.

euro911
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Jan 18 2013, 09:55 PM) *
Roger, those are the correct gaskets for the Tuna. The Taco takes a rubber O-ring and two small crush washers

The gasket issue was an after thought.

I'm keeping the GB thread updated. Chris is doing the same on an Excel spreadsheet. I'd be updating it as well, but I can't seem to be able to download and open it dry.gif

Again, the GB will close at the end of the day on Jan 31st. ... then just like the obamacare health bill, we'll find out what each of us will need to pay (which will be quite a bit less than buying these components individually from Neil).
RiceNeck
Mark, thanks for the tuna seal kit confirmation.
Chris, will you put me down for 2 taco seal kits.
thanks,
-roger
ChrisFoley
I updated the spreadsheet this morning:
Click to view attachment

Gasket orders are included, along with product color.

Today's currency conversion rate improves pricing a little more.
We'll see how that holds up over the next 10 days. smile.gif

I put Lotus Joe in the LA group.
Krieger
I would like one silver tuna can. I already have seals.
dfelz
I would like one Blue Tuna Can with the seal shipped to group Mark (I'll grab it form you at one of the dawn patrols eventually.)

thanks
euro911
Got you, Andy and David thumb3d.gif

In addition to the total count, I started posting the current USD costs based on current exchange rate, and will update the first post with each new order (or every few days) ...

It's fluctuating daily, but let's hope it keeps declining shades.gif
jonesy
I've noticed a couple of requests for Blue... but i'm sorry to say that i can only do Black or Silver.

I did post a while back stating this but its probably been lost a few pages back now.

Hope this is ok.

Cheers,
Neil
dfelz
QUOTE(jonesy @ Jan 21 2013, 01:01 PM) *

I've noticed a couple of requests for Blue... but i'm sorry to say that i can only do Black or Silver.

I did post a while back stating this but its probably been lost a few pages back now.

Hope this is ok.

Cheers,
Neil

NP, i only look at the first page...

I'll take Silver then!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.