Full Version: FS New Brass Tumbler Set w/ Springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
tweet
piratenanner.gif
Moneypit
QUOTE(tweet @ May 3 2014, 12:02 PM) *

piratenanner.gif

Also needing to re-key our car. Please PM with ordering details!
tweet
pm's replied to
tweet
icon_bump.gif
Norm72
Hi, I am interested in re-keying the locks on my 914 and wondering if you still have a set of tumblers available. Also, my current key works on the ignition and the driver side door. Should one set be enough to re-key the other locks? I am new to the forum and to 914's so any info is appreciated.

Please let me know how i can purchase a set from you.

Thanks
tweet
pm sent
tweet
Just got a whole new batch of tumblers in. Get em while they're hot.
Rocketv
I just bought my 914 last Saturday and I need to rekey the entire car. Please PM me with order info and I'll get back to you ASAP!

Richard
tweet
pm sent to Richard
tweet
bump
earossi
I would like to order a set as well. Please provide instructions and final pricing to 6040.

Thanks.

Ernie
tweet
pm sent
tweet
bump
tweet
icon_bump.gif

Running low. If you'd like some tumblers let me know, I'm ordering a fresh batch soon.
tweet
icon_bump.gif

Work on your locks over the winter. Perfect time to get them off your baby and back on by Spring.
tweet
All PM's replied to.
tweet
icon_bump.gif
tweet
icon_bump.gif
Nie Zu Alt

PM and PayPal sent.

Thanks!
tweet
QUOTE(Nie Zu Alt @ Mar 28 2016, 09:30 AM) *

PM and PayPal sent.

Thanks!

Thank you, pm replied to.
pilothyer
I need another set.......................Jerry
tweet
pm sent
tweet
All pm's and postings replied to. Please check your messages, thanks.
tweet
icon_bump.gif
FL000
I would like a set. Let me know about a master key too. Thanks!
tweet
pm's replied to
Wyvern
I wanted to say thanks ...
Great info, the right parts, and inspiration.

My key only worked the ignition.
Tonight I was successful re-keying my trunk.

Excited to get to the doors and have locks working as they should.

tweet
icon_bump.gif
L-Jet914
I still have the key code card that came with my 914 when my father bought it in 74. from the code how would a valet key be cut? I am thinking about having a new master key black and valet red key done. I know my father must have had the ignition lock cylinder replaced because only the red key now works in the ignition lock cylinder and the driver door lock cylinder. How do you know which tumbler inside the lock cylinder is the valet one? I have rekeyed my own locks on my daily driver when I had to swap over the lock cylinder and tumblers into another part that I added to my car.
a914luvr
Paypal just sent for 1 set. Thanks!
tweet
QUOTE(L-Jet914 @ Dec 3 2016, 02:43 AM) *

I still have the key code card that came with my 914 when my father bought it in 74. from the code how would a valet key be cut? I am thinking about having a new master key black and valet red key done. I know my father must have had the ignition lock cylinder replaced because only the red key now works in the ignition lock cylinder and the driver door lock cylinder. How do you know which tumbler inside the lock cylinder is the valet one? I have rekeyed my own locks on my daily driver when I had to swap over the lock cylinder and tumblers into another part that I added to my car.

Hello,
Key by code is cut with the proper locksmithing equipment, experience, and reference material. If the code is available it is more straight forward. If the code is not available then the lock has to be decoded, which also requires tools, knowledge and experience with the locks. However, these methods cost more because more labor and time is involved or if you have the fancy equipment ($$$$$) the locksmith has to recover his cost invested in the code machine. Code cutting machines run in the thousands of dollars, even tens of thousands. We don't have fancy equipment, we do it the way it would have been done when the 914 was still in production, manually.
As for the tumbler questions, it boils down to experience as well. You learn to identify the tumblers by just looking at them. The valet is distinctive and there aren't any in the ignition lock.
But, none of this will get your locks keyed alike unless they are rekeyed. You would need to determine which key/key code you would like to retain and rekey the necessary locks to restore the car's original keying. Dan and I would be happy to provide you with these services, just shoot us a pm.
Thanks,
Alicia
tweet
QUOTE(a914luvr @ Dec 3 2016, 11:24 AM) *

Paypal just sent for 1 set. Thanks!

Thank you for the purchase, will ship by Monday.
biggrin.gif
jmitro
tweet You've had my full set of locks for 6 months. I know life happens but 6 wks ago you said they would be done in 3 wk. No emails from you either. What's up?
Phantom4
I'd like a set if you have any left.
cconcepcion
I want a set...if you have any left that is..
tweet
Hello Everyone,
All posts and pm's have been replied to. Please check your inboxes. For those orders that were purchased over the weekend, those will be in the mail by tomorrow, we missed the carrier on Saturday. Thank you.
Regards,
Alicia & Dan
L-Jet914
QUOTE(tweet @ Dec 3 2016, 08:27 AM) *

QUOTE(L-Jet914 @ Dec 3 2016, 02:43 AM) *

Hello,
Key by code is cut with the proper locksmithing equipment, experience, and reference material. If the code is available it is more straight forward. If the code is not available then the lock has to be decoded, which also requires tools, knowledge and experience with the locks. However, these methods cost more because more labor and time is involved or if you have the fancy equipment ($$$$$) the locksmith has to recover his cost invested in the code machine. Code cutting machines run in the thousands of dollars, even tens of thousands. We don't have fancy equipment, we do it the way it would have been done when the 914 was still in production, manually.
As for the tumbler questions, it boils down to experience as well. You learn to identify the tumblers by just looking at them. The valet is distinctive and there aren't any in the ignition lock.
But, none of this will get your locks keyed alike unless they are rekeyed. You would need to determine which key/key code you would like to retain and rekey the necessary locks to restore the car's original keying. Dan and I would be happy to provide you with these services, just shoot us a pm.
Thanks,
Alicia

I currently work at a Toyota dealership with a code cutting machine, I just need to be trained in the use of it by one of our parts guys. I was just curious if the valet tumbler had a special number on it like the regular key discs ie 1,2,3,4 etc. I may be contacting you in the near future if I need some lock/key work done. Thank you for your input thus far. smile.gif
tweet
Bumping the ad for some members that asked for some parts.
tweet
All orders paid through Friday have shipped. Please be aware due to the holidays shipping times have doubled. Orders over the weekend will ship by Monday/Tuesday.
tweet
icon_bump.gif
tweet
icon_bump.gif

For the DIYer. Buy them here and save $$$ from my eBay price. Discounted price for forum members available here only.
tweet
icon_bump.gif
Niklas
I need 3 sets.

PM me with freight by mail to Sweden.

Niklas
tweet
All posts/messages replied to.
tweet
icon_bump.gif
tweet
Coming into winter, great time for tumbler kit!
tweet
All messages replied to. Please check your inbox for shipping/tracking info.
Thanks,
Dan & Alicia

Happy Veterans Day!
tweet
icon_bump.gif
StephenAcworth
Do you have some still available?
tweet
QUOTE(StephenAcworth @ Jul 23 2018, 04:18 PM) *

Do you have some still available?

You have a pm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.