Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS New Brass Tumbler Set w/ Springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
tweet
Sold the last set. Let me know if you need some, so I can get them for you.
tweet
bump
tweet
new supply of tumblers arrive this week
tweet
Tumblers are in if you need a set. piratenanner.gif
tweet
bump
tweet
bump
tweet
Fresh tumblers are in if you need a set, $28 shipped to your door CONUS.
tweet
bump
pilothyer
Dan......Quick question for you...........Are the ignition tumblers and the door lock tumblers the same? Real question is will these work to re-key the ignition as well as the door locks? Thanks in advance for your reply..........Jerry
tweet
QUOTE(pilothyer @ Aug 24 2013, 02:59 PM) *

Dan......Quick question for you...........Are the ignition tumblers and the door lock tumblers the same? Real question is will these work to re-key the ignition as well as the door locks? Thanks in advance for your reply..........Jerry

Hello Jerry,
These tumblers will work on all of your locks, door handles and your ignition. At least Porsche got it right with the 914 lock cylinders.
tweet
pm sent to John
Rbcm2005
I'm in for a set. Please PM payment details.

Rbcm2005
PM
tweet
QUOTE(Rbcm2005 @ Sep 6 2013, 02:11 PM) *

PM

pm sent to Scott
tweet
pm sent to Jim
Niklas
I will take 3 sets.

Can you send them to sweden ?

Niklas
tweet
bump
75porsche914
Ill take a set please. Please PM me payment details. Thank you
QUOTE(tweet @ Apr 12 2013, 10:55 AM) *

These are brand new brass tumblers and springs for 914 and 911. Finally have one set of keys to open all of your locks. This is way cheaper than having a Porsche dealer cut you a key. ( I called a Porsche dealer recently, they said $83.00 for one master key!!!)

You will receive the following in each set ordered:

#1 Tumblers - four each
#2 Tumblers - four each
#3 Tumblers - four each
#4 Tumblers - four each

#5 Tumbler does not need to be replaced or changed, it is the same for all the locks and valet keys.

Also included:
20 new springs
1 new pair of tweezers (not in picture, but is included in first set only; only need one tweezer)
1 long needle/pin (makes it easier to remove springs from their housing)

Each set is $25.00 plus $3 shipping to wherever you live. (CONUS)
If you need individual Tumblers ($2.00 each shipped) Springs (5 for 2.00 shipped).

These are from a reputable source.

Remember you can still reuse your old tumbler pins that don't need to be changed or keep them as spares. You should have left overs for future locks.

Have plenty of sets in stock.

tweet
pm sent
tweet
Placing an order this week for fresh tumblers. Let me know if you need some.
Garland
1 set please. Will wait for PM
brant
I'd like to get a set
please PM me for payment details also
thank you
brant
tweet
weekend bump
rmdinmd
i could use a set also. please pm payment instructions.
liebe
QUOTE(rmdinmd @ Nov 16 2013, 05:50 AM) *

i could use a set also. please pm payment instructions.

I will take 2 sets please, shippping to Houston, please send pay pal info for payment.

thanks
tweet
pm's sent
tweet
Tumblers are in. For those that have pre-paid, they will be going out in Monday's mail.
Thanks,
Dan
tweet
weekend bump
GaroldShaffer
I would like a set also please. PM sent.
tweet
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Nov 25 2013, 10:02 AM) *

I would like a set also please. PM sent.

pm sent
tweet
icon_bump.gif
tweet
aktion035.gif
siverson
I'll take two sets! Where to send paypal?

-Steve
tweet
QUOTE(siverson @ Dec 8 2013, 11:34 PM) *

I'll take two sets! Where to send paypal?

-Steve

DRROCKETDAN@gmail.com
flugschwein
I need 1 or 2 sets, plese send info
tweet
QUOTE(flugschwein @ Dec 9 2013, 05:08 PM) *

I need 1 or 2 sets, plese send info

pm sent
tweet
icon_bump.gif
tweet
Fresh supply of tumblers are in.
tweet
piratenanner.gif
euro911
Dan, will these work with Vanagon locks? The rear hatch lock is not the original and I don't have the key for it dry.gif

popcorn[1].gif
tweet
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 11 2014, 12:23 PM) *

Dan, will these work with Vanagon locks? The rear hatch lock is not the original and I don't have the key for it dry.gif

popcorn[1].gif

I recently ordered and received tumblers for VW. But per the rules, I cannot post ads for non-Porsche 914 items. The VW tumblers are different than ours. PM your VW's year and which locks you need them for. I probably have them. If not, I may be able to get them.
tweet
weekend piratenanner.gif
tweet
Placing another order for tumblers this week. Let me know if you need any. biggrin.gif
Shindog1961
What if your keys are in less than perfect condition? I have three keys that work, but work poorly. I tend not to lock the doors for that reason. Drivers door is the worst. Is this a sure fix?
tweet
QUOTE(Shindog1961 @ Mar 2 2014, 11:00 PM) *

What if your keys are in less than perfect condition? I have three keys that work, but work poorly. I tend not to lock the doors for that reason. Drivers door is the worst. Is this a sure fix?

This kit, as with most things in life is not a "sure fix". It is for re-keying your locks so that you have a matched set. It is useful for re-keying mismatched locks, worn tumblers, broken tumblers, bent tumblers, broken springs. The problem you are describing can be caused by one or more different reasons. Without having the locks in hand, it is not possible for me to tell you what is wrong.
Here is some of my lock restoration work;
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=214952
Shindog1961
So probably the best best would be to send the set in and get it done right. Have new keys that work all the time and all the locks.
tweet
QUOTE(Shindog1961 @ Mar 2 2014, 11:42 PM) *

So probably the best best would be to send the set in and get it done right. Have new keys that work all the time and all the locks.

pm sent
db9146
Tweet,

Since all my keys are old and worn, could I have a new key cut and then refurbish the cylinders with your set to wind up with new keys that work well? Any problem with this approach?
tweet
QUOTE(db9146 @ Mar 2 2014, 11:51 PM) *

Tweet,

Since all my keys are old and worn, could I have a new key cut and then refurbish the cylinders with your set to wind up with new keys that work well? Any problem with this approach?

That is the best logical approach. New tumblers help compensate for excessively worn keys and deeply scored cylinder housings. So if you have a new duplicate cut, and then use it for your re-key, it will also help you out in the re-key process. With the new key in hand, and your lock apart, you will see exactly if the tumblers sit flush as they should. When you reassemble the locks, your new key will let you know immediately, if things are keyed correctly and if your key is cut correctly.
tweet
fresh batch from my supplier, just arrived
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.