QUOTE(Stingbee @ Dec 2 2018, 02:51 PM) *

QUOTE(tweet @ Jul 23 2018, 12:44 PM) *

QUOTE(StephenAcworth @ Jul 23 2018, 04:18 PM) *

Do you have some still available?

You have a pm

Can we still get the Tumbler sets w/springs special deal? unsure.gif

Hello,
Yes!

Each set is $37.95 shipped to your door. (CONUS) This is a discounted price for forum members from my Ebay shipped price of $44.95 - 15% off.

Paypal to TYPE4PLUS@gmail.com
tweet
QUOTE(Florio @ Dec 2 2018, 01:48 PM) *

Hi, you have a PM smile.gif

Hello Florio,

Just shoot us the payment and we will follow up with you.

Each set is $37.95 shipped to your door. (CONUS) This is a discounted price for forum members from my Ebay shipped price of $44.95 - 15% off.

Thanks,
Alicia and Dan
gvlb914
QUOTE(tweet @ Apr 12 2013, 12:55 PM) *

These are brand new brass tumblers and copper springs for 914 and 911. Finally have one set of keys to open all of your locks. This is way cheaper than having a Porsche dealer cut you a key. (I called a Porsche dealer; they said $83.00 to duplicate one master key and $200 to order one by VIN.)

You will receive the following in each set ordered:

#1 Tumblers - four each
#2 Tumblers - four each
#3 Tumblers - four each
#4 Tumblers - four each
10 new springs

#5 Tumbler not included; reuse your own, it is found in your secondary locks (glove box, front trunk, rear trunk) for use with a master key.

Also included (not in picture, but is included in first set only; you only need one) :
1 new pair of tweezers
1 plastic container (so you can find your tumblers the next time you need to re-key a lock)

money order
check

If you need individual Tumblers ($3.50 each shipped) Springs (5 for 3.50 shipped).

These are from a reputable source, from an American supplier.

Remember you can still reuse your old tumbler pins that don't need to be changed or keep them as spares. You should have left overs for future locks.

References on re-keying lock cylinders:

MarkB's article, here on 914 world.
http://www.914world.com/specs/rekey.php

How to: Repair or re-key door locks
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3496179

Rekeying Porsche Locks
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/m..._lock_rekey.htm

This is a youtube video of of two styles of ignition locks being removed from a mid 70's beetle. This ignition is like the one on a 914. The process is basically the same as for our cars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rB3KYA3Xpw

PM sent and PayPal to follow.
Thank you gvlb914
GaryV
tweet
Hello Gary!

welcome.png

I will follow up with through pm
Florio
QUOTE(tweet @ Dec 9 2018, 01:07 AM) *

Hello Gary!

welcome.png

I will follow up with through pm

Payment from France sent as well! Looking forward to rekeying by the fireplace
branston
Can I get a set if they are still available?
tweet
QUOTE(branston @ Dec 16 2018, 09:35 PM) *

Yes.

branston
QUOTE(tweet @ Dec 16 2018, 09:58 PM) *

Yes.

Payment sent - Thanks
tweet
QUOTE(branston @ Dec 22 2018, 11:42 AM) *

QUOTE(tweet @ Dec 16 2018, 09:58 PM) *

Yes.

Payment sent - Thanks

Hello Robert,
Okay, we will pm you with shipping info, thanks!
FJ1200
Do you sell other parts for the lock cylinders? Specifically the seals for the door tumblers and the trunk? I need a tumbler kit as well if these are still available. My set of Audi/VW tumblers are .012 thicker than the Porsche tumblers.

Thanks,

Dan
tweet
Yes, VW is different than Porsche 914. We do stock VW tumbler kits for a lot of different model years. We also have seals for the 914 door lock cylinders, 914 trunk lock (both seals), 911 door handle lock cylinders and door handle base gasket seals for 914 and 911. And we also have keys blanks for all Porsche from 1950-1998 and vintage VW.

In respect of the forum rules, we can only advertise 914 stuff, but have all kinds of new and used lock parts.

FJ1200
Please PM a total for a tumbler set and the internal seals for both doors and the trunk. I am concerned that I am trying to match to a worn aftermarket key. How can I decode the lock cylinder and have you cut me a new factory key? I was an Audi shop foreman for 20+ years, so I have coded many locks over the years. My reaplacement tumblers are stamped 1-4, the originals are not marked.

Thanks,

Dan
tweet
QUOTE(FJ1200 @ Dec 26 2018, 05:41 PM) *

Please PM a total for a tumbler set and the internal seals for both doors and the trunk. I am concerned that I am trying to match to a worn aftermarket key. How can I decode the lock cylinder and have you cut me a new factory key? I was an Audi shop foreman for 20+ years, so I have coded many locks over the years. My reaplacement tumblers are stamped 1-4, the originals are not marked.

Thanks,

Dan

Worn, irregular, and damaged keys make it more difficult to rekey. What model and year is the car you are rekeying?

What model year is the car you need the seals for; which locks?
FJ1200
Sorry, 1972 914

Dan
tweet
QUOTE(FJ1200 @ Dec 26 2018, 06:26 PM) *

Sorry, 1972 914

Dan

Okay, pm us your email and we will follow up with you.
FJ1200
PM sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.