Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reproducing the Stock 914/6 Engine Mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Luke M
QUOTE(aturboman @ Jun 16 2016, 12:42 PM) *

Well for my part I have 2 original 914-6 cars being restored and I'd like to replace the 45+ year old mounts on both of them; as nothing last forever.

The thought of paying $5k for 2 NOS mounts that are also likely at least 30+ years old doesn't work for me so for $400 bucks I'm going to bite and take the risk.

Along the same lines I recently bought the new production Dansk 914-6 heater boxes.
No they aren't original but they are really nice (and new), fit great and aren't some 45+ year old crusty ones.

I guess for the $4,600 I'll be saving on these mounts I'll put towards paintwork or lots of other goodies.

If anyone cares I'd be happy to report back when they arrive.

I'll be waiting to hear on what you have to say on these mounts.
Keep us posted. Thanks
raynekat
So I've purchased the Maddog 914-6 factory style motor mounts that McMark started.
Also have the new URO rubber mount.
It actually looks very good (not shown below), and I bought it for $155, so the price is good.

What I am left begging for or wanting as they say are the 2 sandwich plates that go above (nut plate) and below (this plate gets bolted into the lower side) the rubber mount.

See pic below:
Click to view attachment

So are these in some special shape for some particular reason?
Looks like they should just sandwich the rubber mount and prevent it from either twisting or shifting fore/aft/left/rt.

Anyone on this board want to make an attempt on making these?
I think it's a better solution than using a Wevo sport mount....but hey, that's just me.
If the URO mounts work out, they will be in plenty supply I would guess.

If no, I'll wing it with something or get the local wizards (Rothsport) to come up with a solution.
euro911
I'm sure Mark (914Rubber) could have the a quality rubber component reproduced confused24.gif

If I were 20 years younger, I'd think about doing a '6' ... so I'll be sticking with the T4 for the duration cool_shades.gif

Nice work though, Mark & Dog thumb3d.gif
Larmo63
Not to be a buzz kill, but I just purchased this….

Click to view attachment

Patrick Motorsports...
McMark
That's a really poor replica of a factory style mount. tongue.gif

lol3.gif
sixnotfour
beer.gif sorta back on topic
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Oct 2 2016, 06:08 AM) *

beer.gif sorta back on topic

Nice stash, it looks like they're collecting dust, would you like to unload the primer one (top right) ?
If you don't ask, you will never know biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
I think you need a few more Jeff. dry.gif biggrin.gif
mb911
Does anyone know if Mark is working on the rubber portion of this?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.