Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My butt just got a "little" wider
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
lonewolfe
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jul 25 2013, 08:29 AM) *

This will give you a good idea of how far they pulled the fenders. These wheels had about 1/4" of clearance before.

That's a great looking paint job. What size of wheels & tires are you putting in the back?
MoveQik
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Jul 25 2013, 05:00 PM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jul 25 2013, 08:29 AM) *

This will give you a good idea of how far they pulled the fenders. These wheels had about 1/4" of clearance before.

That's a great looking paint job. What size of wheels & tires are you putting in the back?

16x8 with 245/45's. a perfect fit!
sixnotfour
PN-951 16x8
Eric_Shea
What's the status? Will we have a yellownotgreen entourage in CO this year?
TravisNeff
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jul 25 2013, 08:27 AM) *

Look what finally found its way home. Reassembly starts on 8/5. biggrin.gif

It's 8/7... where's an update? biggrin.gif
MoveQik
Driver's side window assembly is back in along with door rubber installed. That's alls I gots for now. This damn thing called "work" is really slowing me down at this point. mad.gif
sixnotfour
Prolly because youve been on VACATION !!!!
MoveQik
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 7 2013, 02:29 PM) *

Prolly because youve been on VACATION !!!!

Well yeah, there's that. biggrin.gif
MoveQik
Just for you Mr. Thonet & Mr. Neff....progress. Drivers side door handle/latch assembly, window crank assembly & seals back in. The trunk latch, seals, targa holders, bumper, lights etc back on. :-)
Socalandy
All that progress and just one picture of the trunk!!! I smell a rat popcorn[1].gif
MoveQik
Since the cowl vent was filled, I don't need no stinking defrost vents. New dash piece made and covered. The air controls will be deleted too but not before RRC.
Sleepin
Looks like you have a screw loose.

MoveQik
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Aug 26 2013, 03:39 PM) *

Looks like you have a screw loose.

More than one, I assure you.
euro911
laugh.gif

Are you gonna install A/C, Mike?
MoveQik
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 26 2013, 05:07 PM) *

laugh.gif

Are you gonna install A/C, Mike?

Someday....
euro911
COOL ... literally shades.gif
r_towle
So, this is a street car?
What are you planning to do when the windshield fogs up?
Good old VW towel for the trip?
zambezi
I think you need humidity for it to fog up.
MoveQik
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 26 2013, 06:57 PM) *

So, this is a street car?
What are you planning to do when the windshield fogs up?
Good old VW towel for the trip?

Yes and yes.

I haven't had defrost for years. I just now got rid of the vents.
MoveQik
Never mind
euro911
smoke.gif
MoveQik
New versus old.
MoveQik
Coming soon to a classified near you.
MoveQik
The new shoes are back from the polisher and the car is finally buttoned up sans some final detailing before RRC. I will tell you these wheels are close but the shop assured me they won't rub and if they do, they will fix it on their dime. We'll see.... popcorn[1].gif

TravisNeff
Ya-es!!
Elliot Cannon
Lookin' good. Can't wait to see it. (Even though it's the wrong color). happy11.gif
Madswede
Your exhaust tips, while wide, are too short. bye1.gif
Socalandy
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Aug 28 2013, 03:38 PM) *

The new shoes are back from the polisher and the car is finally buttoned up sans some final detailing before RRC. I will tell you these wheels are close but the shop assured me they won't rub and if they do, they will fix it on their dime. We'll see.... popcorn[1].gif

Look Awesome Wills drooley.gif
AZ914
piratenanner.gif Looks great Mike!
Ferg
Whoa whoa hold the phone, what is that Ford doing in your garage blink.gif

63 4 door galaxie?
MoveQik
QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 29 2013, 08:17 AM) *

63 4 door galaxie?

63 1/2 Ferg bootyshake.gif

Yeah, from Facebook so I don't have to type it over again. There is a photo album for it there as well. biggrin.gif

There are a handful of days in your life that you can recall and say, "THAT day kicked ass!" My wedding day. The day Holly was born. And today. After 20 years of hoping and trying to get this car to come home, the deal was made today. The 60 second story...My grandmother bought this 1963 1/2 Galaxie 500 brand new from what was then, Madison Ford on McDowell. It was the only new car she ever owned. She owned it until the day she died in '92. Much to my dismay, it was sold to a family friend shortly after she passed. I have been trying ever since then(yeah, 20 years of stopping by, letters etc) to get the car back. Kathy even tried to buy it for me as a surprise for my 40th BDay but they weren't ready to sell. I drove by the car on Tuesday just to make sure it was still there and the owner was outside. I got out to say hi and my jaw dropped when she told me it was time. I rode in this car as a kid and even got to drive it a few times. It will enjoy some more time being retired before I can get to it but at least it is safely back in the family!
euro911
I was going to ask, you got a new boat? laugh.gif

The only Grandmother I knew, passed away in '84. She had a 1950 Chrysler Windsor 4-door sedan that my grandfather acquired new from his own car dealership back in Pennsylvania. The car only had 30k on the odo and it was near mint. I wanted it, but my mom sold it to my grandmother's handyman dry.gif

Looked similar to this one

Click to view attachment
Ferg
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Aug 29 2013, 07:50 AM) *

QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 29 2013, 08:17 AM) *

63 4 door galaxie?

63 1/2 Ferg bootyshake.gif

Yeah, from Facebook so I don't have to type it over again. There is a photo album for it there as well. biggrin.gif

There are a handful of days in your life that you can recall and say, "THAT day kicked ass!" My wedding day. The day Holly was born. And today. After 20 years of hoping and trying to get this car to come home, the deal was made today. The 60 second story...My grandmother bought this 1963 1/2 Galaxie 500 brand new from what was then, Madison Ford on McDowell. It was the only new car she ever owned. She owned it until the day she died in '92. Much to my dismay, it was sold to a family friend shortly after she passed. I have been trying ever since then(yeah, 20 years of stopping by, letters etc) to get the car back. Kathy even tried to buy it for me as a surprise for my 40th BDay but they weren't ready to sell. I drove by the car on Tuesday just to make sure it was still there and the owner was outside. I got out to say hi and my jaw dropped when she told me it was time. I rode in this car as a kid and even got to drive it a few times. It will enjoy some more time being retired before I can get to it but at least it is safely back in the family!

aktion035.gif cool totally missed that! Congrats
MoveQik
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 29 2013, 11:34 AM) *

I was going to ask, you got a new boat? laugh.gif

The only Grandmother I knew, passed away in '84. She had a 1950 Chrysler Windsor 4-door sedan that my grandfather acquired new from his own car dealership back in Pennsylvania. The car only had 30k on the odo and it was near mint. I wanted it, but my mom sold it to my grandmother's handyman dry.gif

Looked similar to this one

Click to view attachment

Great car Mark. I was raised by my grandparents so this car was my childhood....not just a car I saw on holidays. There is still a scratch on the hood from the hand brake on my BMX bike as I was riding into the carport. BTW, 25,100 original miles on a 50 year old car. Back then she didn't go very far and if they did, they took my grandpa's truck.
MoveQik
Well Fuch.... dry.gif Some projects you are the windshield. And some you are the bug. Looks like I am the bug this time around. The fuchin' tires rub if I drive aggressively enough. Which is to say, they did rub. And the car will be heading back to the shop. Not in time for RRC, but yeah...back it goes.
sixnotfour
Swap the rears with the fronts, no one will notice..

Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Sep 3 2013, 10:57 AM) *

Well Fuch.... dry.gif Some projects you are the windshield. And some you are the bug. Looks like I am the bug this time around. The fuchin' tires rub if I drive aggressively enough. Which is to say, they did rub. And the car will be heading back to the shop. Not in time for RRC, but yeah...back it goes.

So, does this mean you'll be driving the old Ford to RRC? And don't even THINK about not coming!!!
Sleepin
IPB Image
mskala
When setting up the rear, first be sure the alignment settings are final. Then
remove the shock/spring and you will be able to move the arm through the
whole range. (If stock rubber bushings it will require force).

Use rough math to see how much more it will compress while cornering.
i.e. (700lb weight of other rear all transferred) / (180 lb spring) = 3.9"

Leave at least 1/4" extra for sideways tire deflection. It probably should be more
for street tires.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 3 2013, 12:11 PM) *

So, does this mean you'll be driving the old Ford to RRC? And don't even THINK about not coming!!!

There are just too many signs telling me that the car doesn't want to go to this RRC. Now it appears that my fuel pump has taken a dump on me. Probably drive the Jeep unless I can talk the wife into her car. biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
If you have one (and you should) try a spare DME relay.
AZ914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 3 2013, 05:24 PM) *

If you have one (and you should) try a spare DME relay.

+1

I have a spare in my bag and could drop it off in the AM if u want. Just call or text me.
euro911
Oh how I love them 4-cylinder, T4 engines with carbs biggrin.gif

Did you get yours up and running yet, Jason ?
AZ914
Mark.. Yes, bad speed sensor.
euro911
Yipee biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.