914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
MoveQik
QUOTE(jasons @ Jun 10 2013, 10:36 AM) *

QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jun 7 2013, 02:59 PM) *

Giggity!

//SNIP

This is the driver's door that my wife backed into. biggrin.gif

Tell the truth Mike, when your wife "tapped" the 914 a part of you jumped for joy at the prospect of new paint.

Looks great BTW!

Everyone knows that when your wife backs into your door that you HAVE to get wider wheels, pull the fenders, fill holes etc. If it relieves her of some guilt, it is the least I can do.
Eric_Shea
I foresee a 3-amigos "Yellow is Faster" teener group shot at RRC this year.

Is there a RRC this year? confused24.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 10 2013, 10:51 AM) *

I foresee a 3-amigos "Yellow is Faster" teener group shot at RRC this year.

Is there a RRC this year? confused24.gif

Yep. Durango Montana. Too far for me. happy11.gif
sixnotfour
Just because I will bring My yellow six, Its a dog, But Yellow..
Eric_Shea
We could squirt the baby-shit green one. I'll bet Wills still has a quart left over.
sixnotfour
Sage Green shades.gif
Eric_Shea
Sorry... I keep forgetting that.
balljoint
Eric,

This is why everyone hates you. FYI.
Socalandy
Is this thing painted yet WTF.gif

Sorry, I'm just the first to say it. biggrin.gif the paint looks awesome and cant wait to see more!!!
MoveQik
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jun 11 2013, 05:40 PM) *

Is this thing painted yet WTF.gif

Sorry, I just the first to say it. biggrin.gif the paint looks awesome and cant wait to see more!!!

You know it is at a body shop right? Take their ETA, multiply by 2 then add 20%, that is when it will be done. rolleyes.gif
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(balljoint @ Jun 10 2013, 04:55 PM) *

Eric,

This is why everyone hates you. FYI.

That's only one of the reasons... drunk.gif
MoveQik
Baby steps....the tops of the decklids are done. It is officially down to just the body. Didn't get any good pics but I won't have to worry about Erc asking me if my rear decklid is fiberglass. It is straight. biggrin.gif
Socalandy
your supposed to stay at the shop until you get good pictures to post mad.gif popcorn[1].gif

It's going to looks awesome aktion035.gif
MoveQik
Ahhhhhh.......
MDG
That, sir, looks fantastic.
sixnotfour
I am going have to see it in person.........
sixnotfour
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jun 18 2013, 11:35 AM) *

Ahhhhhh.......

Eric_Shea
Jeff, don't you have wheels for him? I believe you tried to pawn them o.. sell them to him last year at RRC
MoveQik
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 18 2013, 12:21 PM) *

I am going have to see it in person.........

Come see me in Durango in September. I'll buy you a beer and you can pick the car apart. biggrin.gif

More...parts is parts...

MoveQik
Sanded and partially buffed front fender. No windshield sprayers, cowl vent, antenna hole or side markers.
MoveQik
Sanded. Not buffed.

Eric_Shea
Man... that comment from Jimmy at RRC musta really been gnawing at ya! biggrin.gif

Looking good buddy. Let's see if Elliot will shoot his car yellow.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 18 2013, 01:31 PM) *

Jeff, don't you have wheels for him? I believe you tried to pawn them o.. sell them to him last year at RRC

Those little 7's?? av-943.gif Errrbody knows you need at least 8's out back. biggrin.gif

Glad I said no to those other wheels. Jeff treated me more than fair on these. beerchug.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 18 2013, 01:35 PM) *

Man... that comment from Jimmy at RRC musta really been gnawing at ya! biggrin.gif

Which comment? There were several within about a 45 second window. blink.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 18 2013, 01:35 PM) *

Looking good buddy. Let's see if Elliot will shoot his car yellow.

Only if I can paint the calipers red. biggrin.gif
Socalandy
Yelloooooooooow drooley.gif

Looks great as all yellow cars do and the flairs are cool. I second the idea to have Elliott paint his car Yellow!!

sixnotfour
Suzie is going to a wedding,, Nacho and I headed SE, We will bring a Yellow 914-6, BTW they were 7.5 x 16 Fuchs.... Mono Wiper
AZ914
Lookin' good!
euro911
Man, that looks nice, Mike.

Noticed you had them paint the bodywork under the grille on the engine lid black too thumb3d.gif
sixnotfour
I wish I knew how to quit you.

Jack Twist:
MoveQik
I have been trying my best to get a really good shot that shows the shape of the fender but it is tough to do...best I can get so far. The car behind me is killer too. aktion035.gif
MoveQik
Drivers...
MoveQik
Nuthin' but wipers....
Socalandy
You pictures look good to me drooley.gif What wheels are you going to run on it? you mentioned 8's in back but those dont look like 8's

Those are some nice shop rollers and I know you have several options in your garage popcorn[1].gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jun 19 2013, 06:36 PM) *

You pictures look good to me drooley.gif What wheels are you going to run on it? you mentioned 8's in back but those dont look like 8's

Those are some nice shop rollers and I know you have several options in your garage popcorn[1].gif

Those are 8's with 245's on them. These are the wheels & tires I am running. They just need to be wiped down with a very high speed polishing wheel. biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
The fact they are hard to photograph, means they are perfect...
Really looking forward to seeing it in person..
AZ914
Nice ass.
Socalandy
My turn, UPDATE NEEDED popcorn[1].gif
Socalandy
Socalandy
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jun 19 2013, 01:31 PM) *

Drivers...

MMMM What a beautiful, rounded sensuous curve. wub.gif I simply cannot wait to rub my massive muscular thighs all over those rounded fenders. drooley.gif I hope I don't scratch the paint. lol-2.gif av-943.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jul 1 2013, 10:28 PM) *

Hah! The car is done at the paint shop waiting for me to bring it home. I will as soon as we get back in town. biggrin.gif
euro911
I'm starting to worry about you, Elliot sad.gif

laugh.gif
mikeyb33
Nice, NICE paint, and fender work.

Welcome to the 7"/8" Fuchs club! Here's the body work on mine for reference -
Click to view attachment

Rear fenders were painstakingly hammered out, no metal added (and inside of lip rolled of course). I think they came out pretty well, although yours are far superior - even maintaining that small outside ridge per original shaping - again, outstanding work!

Also, IMHO I think any of these cars getting any body work should have those front/corner marker lights removed. Esp for darker colored cars. I honestly didn't even notice this on mine when I bought it but really like the clean look it gives the car, over the original 'bulging eyeball' lenses.

My $0.02 / YMMV -
AZ914
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jul 2 2013, 06:15 AM) *

Hah! The car is done at the paint shop waiting for me to bring it home. I will as soon as we get back in town. biggrin.gif

icon_bump.gif

I assume you aren't still sitting on I-17 so whats up with the car? driving.gif
sixnotfour
QUOTE(mikeyb33 @ Jul 2 2013, 12:25 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Rear fenders were painstakingly hammered out, no metal added (and inside of lip rolled of course). I think they came out pretty well, although yours are far superior - even maintaining that small outside ridge per original shaping - again, outstanding work!

Also, IMHO I think any of these cars getting any body work should have those front/corner marker lights removed. Esp for darker colored cars. I honestly didn't even notice this on mine when I bought it but really like the clean look it gives the car, over the original 'bulging eyeball' lenses.

My $0.02 / YMMV -

Mike's 951-8x16's require a lot less effort to fit.....Time will tell....If he ever updates his thread slap.gif
lonewolfe
I really love the look of your car!

Click to view attachment

My $0.02 / YMMV -

lonewolfe
Hey Mikey!

Who did you have do the body work and paint on your car? It looks great!

Click to view attachment

My $0.02 / YMMV -

MoveQik
Look what finally found its way home. Reassembly starts on 8/5. biggrin.gif
MoveQik
This will give you a good idea of how far they pulled the fenders. These wheels had about 1/4" of clearance before.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.