Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My butt just got a "little" wider
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
MoveQik
After looking through several pics of cars with "pulled" fenders I found the ones I liked. The body guy nailed them. The pics look like it is closer than it is. They strapped the car to the floor and pulled it down further than it will ever go and everything clears. 8's out back now. 7's in front. biggrin.gif The car should be taken down, primered and blocked out over the next week or so and then a fresh coat of yellow.

Elliot Cannon
I'm glad to see you having it done right by professionals. Some of us however... av-943.gif That will look great when done.
SLITS
Look at all that grime behind the bumper ... shame Wills ... shame, shame, shame

Now you will just go slower with your fat a$$ due to wind resistance.

Nice job ... Elleyut should take notice.
sixnotfour
Look at all that grime behind the bumper ... shame Wills ... shame, shame, shame

Plug the bumper shock holes, problem solved beerchug.gif
JoeSharp
Nice Mike.
Ferg
cheer.gif
TravisNeff
944 8's? Looks gud!
balljoint
Handsome! smile.gif
Socalandy
Awesome drooley.gif
Jeff Hail
QUOTE(SLITS @ May 8 2013, 02:57 PM) *

Now you will just go slower with your fat a$$ due to wind resistance.

Nice job ... Elleyut should take notice.

If it wipes off its'ok, Its when the grime is mistaken for Shutz that we scowl.
rick 918-S
Your gunna like that!
AZ914
aktion035.gif
McMark
Fantastic!
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 8 2013, 04:08 PM) *

Thinking out loud... wonder if they're the same size as a front apron plug idea.gif

Looks great Mike. smilie_pokal.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 9 2013, 07:36 AM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 8 2013, 04:08 PM) *

Thinking out loud... wonder if they're the same size as a front apron plug idea.gif

Looks great Mike. smilie_pokal.gif

I think they're bigger E, I was going to make round aluminum covers and rivet them in place to plug the ones in mine...
tomeric914
From http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...198600&st=0

They're bigger:

IPB Image
ConeDodger
QUOTE(tomeric914 @ May 9 2013, 09:37 AM) *

I think we're talking about the rear though... dry.gif
tomeric914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 9 2013, 03:28 PM) *

Right, we are. The picture was for visual comparison of the front apron plug hole size to the bumper shock hole size. beer.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(tomeric914 @ May 9 2013, 12:58 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 9 2013, 03:28 PM) *

Right, we are. The picture was for visual comparison of the front apron plug hole size to the bumper shock hole size. beer.gif

Ahh, right... smile.gif
lonewolfe
Your body shop guy did a great job. Was this all done by pulling the fender out or was there any additional metal welded in? This is exactly what I want to have done on my car. I'm getting ready to do a 5 lug conversion on my car. I want to get this done first so I can have the fenders pulled before getting my car painted. I have a set of 7" Cookie Cutter wheels with the 911 offset that will be going on my car. The idea of putting 8" on the rear is very appealing.

QUOTE(MoveQik @ May 8 2013, 01:47 PM) *

After looking through several pics of cars with "pulled" fenders I found the ones I liked. The body guy nailed them. The pics look like it is closer than it is. They strapped the car to the floor and pulled it down further than it will ever go and everything clears. 8's out back now. 7's in front. biggrin.gif The car should be taken down, primered and blocked out over the next week or so and then a fresh coat of yellow.

ThinAir
There goes that "best yellow narrow body 6 conversion" award at the next Route 66 biggrin.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(lonewolfe @ May 9 2013, 08:07 PM) *

Your body shop guy did a great job. Was this all done by pulling the fender out or was there any additional metal welded in? This is exactly what I want to have done on my car. I'm getting ready to do a 5 lug conversion on my car. I want to get this done first so I can have the fenders pulled before getting my car painted. I have a set of 7" Cookie Cutter wheels with the 911 offset that will be going on my car. The idea of putting 8" on the rear is very appealing.

Thanks.
They did not cut but they did start working the metal will a dolly very high up on the fender. It is much more than just a "lip roll" if it is done right IMHO. Once stretched enough they went back and shaped it. The hardest part was maintaining the body line of the fender lip. They did a really nice job.
bluhun

I had the same thing done a couple of months ago with my '75 3.2 liter conversion car. I'm running 7" 951 Fuchs front and rear with 205/55-16 BFGs. What wheel/tire combination will you be running?
MoveQik
QUOTE(bluhun @ May 10 2013, 02:52 AM) *

I had the same thing done a couple of months ago with my '75 3.2 liter conversion car. I'm running 7" 951 Fuchs front and rear with 205/55-16 BFGs. What wheel/tire combination will you be running?

16x8 with 245/45's
jasons
Cool Mike! Who is doing the work?
MoveQik
QUOTE(jasons @ May 10 2013, 06:43 AM) *

Cool Mike! Who is doing the work?

First Class Auto Body down in Old Town Scottsdale. I have used them before and their work has always been perfect.
sixnotfour
I got to send the caps, note to self
MoveQik
Those are gone. biggrin.gif
Ferg
so what you are saying as you are getting closer to your butt getting a little bit yellower? shades.gif
MoveQik
Giggity! Let there be paint! Doors, undersides of decklids and trunks are done. Final touches being made on the body and scheduled for the booth on Tuesday.

REALLY happy with the quality of their work. This is the driver's door that my wife backed into. biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

After sanding & buffing. wub.gif

Click to view attachment
brant
nice
Ferg
piratenanner.gif
MoveQik
Thanks. Just another detail shot.

Kirmizi
thumb3d.gif lookin good Wills
porsche_dreamer
Now I'm jealous. Looks fantastic so far!
sixnotfour
Wow, Lookin Good for Yellow lol-2.gif

Is that a Porsche yellow ???
Madswede
I'm a bit premature with this statement, but since you did it to me I have to return the favor:

Enjoy it ... the car will never look this good again. biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(ThinAir @ May 9 2013, 10:53 PM) *

There goes that "best yellow narrow body 6 conversion" award at the next Route 66 biggrin.gif

Maybe the cutest driver award. happy11.gif poke.gif
balljoint
Elliot,

Posting pictures from your private stash now?

unsure.gif

rick 918-S
QUOTE(balljoint @ Jun 7 2013, 09:03 PM) *

Elliot,

unsure.gif

OMG! lol-2.gif owned.gif Not that there is anything wrong with that.... unsure.gif

Back on topic. That paint... drooley.gif
balljoint
The paint on the doors looks great.

Most folks though are waiting to see the rockers.

smile.gif
Socalandy
Looks Great!!! Love Yellow drooley.gif
euro911
Looking great. Waiting to see it all back together popcorn[1].gif
TravisNeff
That's gonna look great!!
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(balljoint @ Jun 7 2013, 07:03 PM) *

Elliot,

unsure.gif

This is the one I keep in my wallet. smoke.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 7 2013, 09:50 PM) *

QUOTE(balljoint @ Jun 7 2013, 07:03 PM) *

Elliot,

unsure.gif

This is the one I keep in my wallet. smoke.gif

I knew giving him that pic was a bad idea......I don't even want to know what he does with it. barf.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(balljoint @ Jun 7 2013, 07:18 PM) *

The paint on the doors looks great.

Most folks though are waiting to see the rockers.

smile.gif

They will be painted an "off" yellow. biggrin.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 7 2013, 07:14 PM) *

Back on topic. That paint... drooley.gif

Thanks Rick. That means a lot coming from a paint guy! beerchug.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 7 2013, 04:41 PM) *

Is that a Porsche yellow ???

Nope. Same color as it was before. Solar Yellow. Stolen from the Lexus IS300.
jasons
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jun 7 2013, 02:59 PM) *

Giggity!

//SNIP

This is the driver's door that my wife backed into. biggrin.gif

Tell the truth Mike, when your wife "tapped" the 914 a part of you jumped for joy at the prospect of new paint.

Looks great BTW!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.