Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Progress thread 74 2.0 to 3.0 6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Luke M
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 26 2021, 01:19 AM) *

The fix had been to use a small section of sheet metal. I would like to make the larger ones also, I've almost broken even on the tooling for the small ones we made. I will put it on the list, but we are about 6 months out.

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I'll fab up a spacer for the snorkel.
While I have you here Mark do you make the spacer that goes on the headlight motor?
See pics.

@Mikey914

Mikey914
Not yet. But I'll put that on the list. I forgot about those.
Luke M
Made a snorkel mount bracket so that's now fixed and installed the rest of the wire harness. Cleaned up the wire mess under the pass seat as well. Started the headlight install but waiting on a few items from 914rubber to come in to finish up.
Torqued the heads, adjusted the rockers, and sealed up the 3.0. She's ready to get installed. Going to head out soon to install the tangerine shift kit on the 901 trans.
TRS63
It's beautiful when it's all with fresh paint wub.gif

Antoine
Luke M
The exterior body work and paint will get done hopefully by spring 2022.
Meantime still putting this baby together. Got the trans shifter housing modified for the Tangerine shift kit. Filled with gear lube and ready to go in. Today I'll get the 3.0 ready to come off the test stand and hopefully installed on Sunday.
Luke M
Got a few more things knocked off the list. Spent a good 6 hours re-keying and polishing all the locks on my brothers 914. That was not a fun job but at least it's done now. Wasn't there someone that was selling the tumblers to re key locks here? I ran out of #1 and #3 tumblers. I still have my 6 stuff to re-key yet.
mepstein
QUOTE(Luke M @ Nov 6 2021, 09:52 PM) *

Got a few more things knocked off the list. Spent a good 6 hours re-keying and polishing all the locks on my brothers 914. That was not a fun job but at least it's done now. Wasn't there someone that was selling the tumblers to re key locks here? I ran out of #1 and #3 tumblers. I still have my 6 stuff to re-key yet.

I have some used wafers. If that helps, give me your address and I’ll mail them out.
Luke M
3.0 is installed now time to get everything hooked up. May have to swap out the tall PMO intakes for shorty style. Gonna set the engine lid on and see how close it is.
Cairo94507
smilie_pokal.gif Huge milestone. beerchug.gif
Luke M
I finally got my brothers 914 out of my garage and back to his. Got a lot done in the last few weeks. The 3.0 is in and running. Still need to attach the front oil cooler setup yet. We will gather parts over the winter months. I drove it up n down my driveway and I gotta say that 3.0 moves that 914 really well. I was doing 2nd gear burn outs.. SHHHH my brother doesn't know.. evilgrin.gif

I have all but 5th gear so I need to figure that part out. It wants to go but I wasn't about to force it. The shifter adjustment is rough so may work once it gets fine tuned.
Until the spring she's under covers.

Now time to clean out the garage and get working on my 6. aktion035.gif
Shivers
Giggity
autopro
Awesome, beautiful car!
rgalla9146

Fantastic !
Man you've done so much.
You should be very proud.....you are doing two cars at a faster rate most
can do one.
Beautiful work.....X 2 !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.