Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another 914 goes under the knife
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
vintage914racer
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Aug 21 2015, 10:44 AM) *

QUOTE(vintage914racer @ Aug 21 2015, 01:35 PM) *

QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Aug 21 2015, 07:23 AM) *

Where in Minneapolis? I'd love to stalk, I mean see it in person.

Minnetonka area

Going to the Porsche dealership next week when Magnus is there?

Possibly. I have a conflict right now. The new facility is beautiful. I was there last week.
vintage914racer
Fixed the tranny leak tonight (I think), adjusted the clutch cable and gave the car a bit of a polish tonight. I'm looking forward to driving it to work tomorrow.

Click to view attachment

JRust
Nice! Congrats man that looks great. The drive to work should be an excellent one driving.gif
rick 918-S
first.gif drive it like you stole it!
vintage914racer
It's close to fifty degrees today and sunny. No better reason to pull the 914 out of hibernation. Quite an early start for MN, it's inly a short window. They're saying it might snow tomorrow ...

Click to view attachment
mepstein
QUOTE(vintage914racer @ Aug 21 2015, 10:15 AM) *

And she's back on the road. Drove it to work today. I had to renuild a rear caliper and replace a brake flex line on the other side. Lost a lot of skin on my knuckles doing the latter.

Click to view attachment

I still have a few loose ends, but nothing serious
-steering wheel is off about 30 degrees. Easy 2-minute fix
-transmission is leaking from the square plate at the very back. My plate is presumably warped beyond seal ability so I'll have to grab on from a spare tailshifter I have laying around.
-need to chase a valve cover and sump plate leak
-install passenger seat belt
-drive it a lot

I hope to put some miles on it this weekend. I'll post a few more pictures and perhaps a video

Great looking car. Just finished blasting a set of cookies today just to get that look.
Cairo94507
Cookie cutters look good a 914 for sure.
Larmo63
I was never a fan of cookie cutters in the past, but man, those look good!

Adriatic Blue is the best 914 color.

Can we take up a $ collection and get "iwanta916-4" a car? Poor guy.
vintage914racer
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Feb 27 2016, 06:20 PM) *

Can we take up a $ collection and get "iwanta916-4" a car? Poor guy.

It seems he keeps missing out on the local cars here. First a yellow one that one of my employees bought last year and the tangerine Craigslist special from a couple days ago here in Minneapolis.
falcor75
Glad to see someone else giving the cookies some love. I had mine plastidipped to a twotone gold/silver combo but I might actually make it permanent with paint. smile.gif
vintage914racer
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Feb 28 2016, 01:50 AM) *

Glad to see someone else giving the cookies some love. I had mine plastidipped to a twotone gold/silver combo but I might actually make it permanent with paint. smile.gif

They've grown on me. I wasn't a fan for a long time, but it seems something has changed my opinion in recent years.
SixerJ
Fantastic build, wish I had found this earlier!
SixerJ
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 4 2014, 11:34 AM) *

There is a new inner long for the right and left being made in Germany that appears to have more of the factory details formed into it.
maybe even OG dies ? HESS , is a VW parts supplier

To answer Ricks question & for completeness Patrik Hess in Germany carries them. eBay is more expensive than his direct shop. I've just ordered a few bits from him so let's see what happens in the next few weeks

http://914er-shop.de/en/index.php?coID=5&a...mp;mobile=false

http://www.914er-teile.de/en/index.php

http://stores.ebay.com/der914erteilelieferant/
rick 918-S
Ben's thread "Am I losing my mind" thread prompted me to bump his build thread. Anyone thinking about trying to talk him out of this car needs to know how special it is. Enjoy the read.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.