Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official 904 Guage Kit thread.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
startsw/p
I might have some 911 combo donor gauges for sale once mine is complete. I think the last one I bought cost me a hun @ Hershey. I think I have a 2.0L fuel/temp one too. drooley.gif
jfort
not sure what I have, but I dont need it any more. FS in classifieds. related to what is going on in this thread, i think.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (jfort @ Mar 19 2005, 08:30 PM)
not sure what I have, but I dont need it any more. FS in classifieds. related to what is going on in this thread, i think.

yep. thats the basic kit. biggrin.gif (late model)
azbill
Aaron - did you get to the machine shop yesterday. How did the oil pump install go?
scottb
bump-a-dity bump-a-dity bump-a-dity

HAPPY GAUGE TO YOU!!!!!

UNTIL... WE MEET AGAIN!!!!

icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif

just a bump..... cool.gif
azbill
Aaron - you can take me off the list. I got a kit from another member biggrin.gif .
rsvp9146
I have a face plate without markings if anyone is interested. make me an offer. rsvp9146@hotmail.com
scotty b
icon_bump.gif Just trying to pester Aaron once again! How'd your finals go? Dyu pass or take it in da as...cot?
jfort
I need some help with the wiring of my new combo gauge from Palo Alto:

The old gauge had a red light for generator, red light for low fuel, oil temp light and oil pressure light green and brake warning light red. The new combo gauge has green, red and blue. What from the old gauge is supposed to go into what on the new gauge?

The combo gauges each have 3 connections. ground (ground symbol), positive 12 volts (+ symbol) and the gauge sensor (G), right? Comparing old to new: for example, in the factory manual (914-6) and for my old gauge, the oil temperature sensor, #11, went to the gauge. There was a connection #10 called "terminal #15" that went to both the oil gauge and the fuel gauge (I think). Is that the 12 volts for the gauge? Ground was provided through the casing?

For the old oil pressure light, there is a green/red wire on the outside connection and 2 red/white on the inside connection. the red/white wire seems to go to all the bulb connections. Is the green/red the old sensor and the red/white 12 volt power, or what?

I didn't label wire #12, fuel sensor well. Is it a green wire do you know?

Finally, according to the manual, going across the back of the old gauge from right to left on the horizontal diameter, there was:

#9, oil pressure light
#8, brake warning light
#0, not used
#5, generator light

but, in fact, according to my notes, #0 was used. there is a black wire on the outside and the red/white on the inside connector. Do you know what this was/is?
scotty b
I just bumped James so now I'll bump Aaron biggrin.gif icon_bump.gif Any werd on the kits?/Still in the werks or in the gutter?
QUOTE (boxerboy @ Feb 19 2005, 09:41 AM)
Count me in on an early kit (silver button)

boxerboy

Aaron,

Count me in for silver button one too cool.gif
Root_Werks
icon_bump.gif Any word on these??????? unsure.gif
Aaron Cox
Project is on the back burner do to the window of opportunity closing. Early june is the next chance i will have to get these done. due to school/study

if someone else would likt to take charge and make this happen, please email me
Root_Werks
E-mail sent Aaron.
Root_Werks
Okee dokee, I have taken the tourch from Aaron. I have the information needed to hopefully get another run of these done. I will post updates here. Aaron is understandably very busy with school and has already done much of the ground work. I will source out a silkscreener and manufacturer.

My goal will be the same as before. I am not looking to make a bunch of money off of these. I really just want to see them offered, costs covered and not die off.

I will keep in touch. biggrin.gif

Thank you Aaron pray.gif the 904 kits will live! mueba.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ May 6 2005, 03:05 PM)
Okee dokee, I have taken the tourch from Aaron. I have the information needed to hopefully get another run of these done. I will post updates here. Aaron is understandably very busy with school and has already done much of the ground work. I will source out a silkscreener and manufacturer.

My goal will be the same as before. I am not looking to make a bunch of money off of these. I really just want to see them offered, costs covered and not die off.

I will keep in touch. biggrin.gif

Thank you Aaron pray.gif the 904 kits will live! mueba.gif

Dan,

thanks for finishing up, and making this product available.

AA smilie_pokal.gif
sixnotfour
Dan, Call me,
I got the places to do the face and the back, and I have 2 kits.
Root_Werks
QUOTE (sixnotfour @ May 6 2005, 02:10 PM)
Dan, Call me,
I got the places to do the face and the back, and I have 2 kits.

Yep, just spoke with Jeff. I will borrow one of his kits to make sure things look as they should and he also set me in the direction to someone who would have the time to turn these out.

For the face plates we were thinking instead of powdercoating them, anodize them. No material build up or grainy look to them then.

Cool! Things are coming together a little already! boldblue.gif
dinomium
Go Dan GO!
smilie_pokal.gif
markb
QUOTE (dinomium @ May 6 2005, 03:27 PM)
Go Dan GO!
smilie_pokal.gif

agree.gif clap.gif
scotty b
ohmy.gif Will the 904 kits really happen? clap.gif Big fat thanks to Aaron for getting as far as he did, and Dan is now the man!!! mueba.gif
MattR
Thanks Dan! I hope this turns out like aaron and I had envisioned smile.gif
bmcwilli
1 silver button please

scotty b
icon_bump.gif Any luck Dan?
markb
Yes, please, an update would be nice. I really want one of these.
ClayPerrine
We have one of these kits installed and working in Betty's 914. If someone talks real nice to me I will take pictures.

ClayPerrine
To preempt all the ass kissing, here is a picture of the kit installed.

markb
Anybody have a gauge or kit for sale right now? It seems we've been waiting a loooooong time. dry.gif
Aaron Cox
i believe rootwerks is still working on them.

AA
ynotdd
Like I have said in the past I WANT ONE/ NEED one!!!!!!please make them thanks all Tony D flag.gif
914forme
Nice job there Clay - looks good. Is that one of the Pelican kits, Don and My kits? Or the new versions Aaron / Rootwerks version????

I will never do another kit run so Dan you have to run it from here. I will tell you that the fronts are a pain to make, the rears are easy. I simple program and a laser cutter and a local guy here still does cad palting for the aerospace contractors in the area. So if you are having issues with the rears let me know, I can get them knocked out in a couple of days. The front require a fixture setup and milling or a die and stamp process which is how I orginally wanted to do it until I saw the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.$$

But the offer is open if it is the rears you need.

Aaron Cox
QUOTE (914forme @ Jul 10 2005, 07:55 PM)
Nice job there Clay - looks good. Is that one of the Pelican kits, Don and My kits? Or the new versions Aaron / Rootwerks version????

I will never do another kit run so Dan you have to run it from here. I will tell you that the fronts are a pain to make, the rears are easy. I simple program and a laser cutter and a local guy here still does cad palting for the aerospace contractors in the area. So if you are having issues with the rears let me know, I can get them knocked out in a couple of days. The front require a fixture setup and milling or a die and stamp process which is how I orginally wanted to do it until I saw the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.$$

But the offer is open if it is the rears you need.

matt and i priced a stamp being made......

then it stopped from there.... milling was a clearer alternative
ClayPerrine
Nice job there Clay - looks good.   Is that one of the Pelican kits, Don and My kits?  Or the new versions  Aaron / Rootwerks version????

It was built from a Pelican kit. I bought 2 of them when they were selling, with the intent of putting one in Betty's car and one in mine. Well, I decided to put a Getty dash in my car, so the new unopened kit sat for years in my shed (later in my garage).

Now it belongs to Lawrence.

I don't know if he wants it for his /6 or for the PURPLEcar.

I do have one suggestion. On the back plates, make them to where you can use the later fuel gauge. I modified the plate to use the later gauge, and it was much easier than resoldering the wires for the early fuel gauge.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 10 2005, 08:24 PM)
I do have one suggestion. On the back plates, make them to where you can use the later fuel gauge. I modified the plate to use the later gauge, and it was much easier than resoldering the wires for the early fuel gauge.

pansy! just resolder the fuel gauge lol..... laugh.gif
bd1308
one over here....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Jul 10 2005, 09:27 PM)
one over here....

rolleyes.gif

you couldnt figure out how to put it together lol2.gif
914forme
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 10 2005, 11:24 PM)

Yeah thats what everybody wants its not that hard just rotate it in cad and have the holes popped in with the laser. Quite simple actually, didn't do it cause I never thought about it. headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.