Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official 904 Guage Kit thread.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
scotty b
icon_bump.gif
JohnM
I'm in for one silver button. John
Rleog
Please put me down for a late model, no silver center. Thanks
scotty b
biggrin.gif YEAH BABY now were rollin'!! Do you have a total count thus far? clap.gif
Aaron Cox
im trying to get the 50 made wink.gif

more = cheaper
scotty b
icon_bump.gif
bumpity bump bump
bumpity bump bump
look at Aaron go
icon_bump.gif
bumpity bump bump
bumpity bump bump
Buy one all you schmoes
Engman
I have one of the 'old' kits - paid $100 for it on Ebay years ago....

If you want a copy of the instructions let me know. I was going to install it, but have decided not.

M
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Engman @ Feb 6 2005, 02:41 PM)

If you want a copy of the instructions let me know. I was going to install it, but have decided not.

M

i too have an old kit, with instructions and all.

thank you for your offer wink.gif
scotty b
pray.gif icon_bump.gif
bow down to the bump!
KaptKaos
QUOTE (Engman @ Feb 6 2005, 01:41 PM)

M

Can you scan the instructions into a PDF file and post it? That would be cool.

- Joe
horizontally-opposed
Uh, yep, count me in for a silver dot...

Thanks! smilie_pokal.gif

pete
AndrewBlyholder
I'm in for a late one (black button)

Andrew
type47fan
icon_bump.gif
dinomium
So this IS the REAL POST?
I still want at least one smile.gif

dion9146
Aaron, count me in for a silver dot as well. Thanks for making these!

Dion
markb
So Aaron, how are they coming along? Any progress?

Can you tell I'm chomping at the bit here? biggrin.gif
scotty b
CHOMP CHOMP, BECHEWY CHOMP CHOMP laugh.gif
azbill
Last week he PM'd me the kits would be ready in 5 weeks. Most be a slow boat from China or he will send them out over sprong break.
Aaron Cox
currently im getting jerked around by the machine shop. this is why i am not taking money/orders yet. We are trying to get the matter resolved.
sad.gif
azbill
Aaron,

Thanks for the update. You are dealing with the problems that I would not like to handle. Keep up the good work
Thanks
markb
QUOTE (azbill @ Feb 13 2005, 05:38 PM)
Aaron,

Thanks for the update. You are dealing with the problems that I would not like to handle. Keep up the good work
Thanks

agree.gif
Root_Werks
Yep, keep on them Aaron. It will work out. It's for a good cause. cool.gif
dinomium
smilie_pokal.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
jfort
OK, let me ask the basic question. I understand that the new 3 gauge cluster uses a dual sender for oil temp and oil pres. Do you need to run a new wire for the pressure? Where? How? Are there any tricks?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (jfort @ Feb 14 2005, 12:15 PM)
OK, let me ask the basic question. I understand that the new 3 gauge cluster uses a dual sender for oil temp and oil pres. Do you need to run a new wire for the pressure? Where? How? Are there any tricks?

yes. you will need to run another set of wires to the front from the sender to your gauge. i would run them with the main harness up through the tunnel and all the way up to the rear of the gauge....
boxerboy
Count me in on an early kit (silver button)

boxerboy
Root_Werks
Just icon_bump.gif checking on you Aaron, everything okay? Can I come down there with a bat slap.gif to help motivate the machinest/silkscreaner? happy11.gif
azbill
I think the gauge store will be open duing spring break. The kid has to go to school you know. wink.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Mar 2 2005, 11:21 AM)
Just icon_bump.gif checking on you Aaron, everything okay? Can I come down there with a bat slap.gif to help motivate the machinest/silkscreaner? happy11.gif

yes...you can! bring cousin guido with you..... (and a 2.2L six for my troubles biggrin.gif )

yep...like bill said...
school is clenching the fist around my throat - spring break should be productive

please hold tight... i want these as much as you guys!!! smile.gif
Root_Werks
Ah, good point. idea.gif
dinomium
QUOTE (dinomium @ Feb 12 2005, 09:58 AM)
So this IS the REAL POST?
I still want at least one smile.gif

I thought this was funny... I can wait, but not FOREVER!
mr914
Silver one for me too.......

Just had to appease the wife for one........
grouphug.gif
scotty b
unsure.gif Is no gnews, good gnews?
Name it people! biggrin.gif Thanks again Aaron.You get da trophy!! smilie_pokal.gif
Aaron Cox
spring break starts soon..... studying for finals.......... ohmy.gif
scotty b
biggrin.gif Nuff said. Good luck "studying" laugh.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif icon8.gif barf.gif
Dr Evil
Scotty,
that was Gary Gnu. What did I win?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Mar 14 2005, 06:42 PM)
Scotty,
that was Gary Gnu. What did I win?

an all expenses paid trip to kick some ass at the machine shop to whip these kits out..... dry.gif
scotty b
CORRECTAMUNDOOOOOO, Dr. Evil for answering our question correctly you have set yourself up as the recipient of one 904 gauge face. See Aaron Cox for details. You will also be invited back for our tournament of champions on April 1 2010.

Congartulations on your news as well smilie_pokal.gif

Dang yu smart peeple pisz me awf wif yur edjukashunz, an yur duhgreez, an yur munee gess I'm gonna kep on powndin metul smash.gif
JoeSharp
Aaron: Do you have 50 sold. If not, let me know I would like to get in on this one.
biggrin.gif Joe
Aaron Cox
havent "sold" any yet.

i need to make them first. dry.gif
boxstr
Hey Aaron I want this one.
CCLINFOURINTOONE
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (boxstr @ Mar 14 2005, 09:29 PM)
Hey Aaron I want this one.
CCLINFOURINTOONE

on your own sherlock smile.gif

laugh.gif
rudedude
Aaron,

i will take one also

thanks
startsw/p
Hi. Are you having just the face plate produced (stamped) or the rear plate aswell? Will it be satin black with the original style font and also with re-oriented gauge numerals? Reason I ask is I am definitely interested, as long as it looks right. I have already chopped a couple of gauges with a dremel and soldered the metal back together, but to fab that rolled edge would be a task for sure. I was considdering having a die made but wasn't sure of the demand for the finished product. So if you're taking the leap... I'm in. Only thing that bothered me about the original kit that I think pelican sold was you could see the edges of the coloured filters at the edge of the meter windows. Can this be avoided? -- Kris
Aaron Cox
most likely will be stamped. or, laser cut and machined rolled edges.....

ill be getting on this project soon.....

stay tight guys....made exacrly like the originals, fronts and backs, satin black face, silkscreened letters.
startsw/p
Ok. I'm officially holding my breath. LMK when it's done. icon8.gif lol2.gif
azbill
You'll need to hold your breath for a couple of more weeks. Aaron's winter finals end March 18, spring break is from March 20 through the 26. Aaron should be hitting the books. We can start pinging him in about a week from now. I will let him study and try to do well with his exams. After that its a foot up him behind biggrin.gif until the gauges are shipped. I almost sure he will get it done cool.gif . So that being said, Aaron good luck with you exams and do us all proud rolleyes.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (azbill @ Mar 16 2005, 08:30 AM)
You'll need to hold your breath for a couple of more weeks. Aaron's winter finals end March 18, spring break is from March 20 through the 26. Aaron should be hitting the books. We can start pinging him in about a week from now. I will let him study and try to do well with his exams. After that its a foot up him behind biggrin.gif until the gauges are shipped. I almost sure he will get it done cool.gif . So that being said, Aaron good luck with you exams and do us all proud rolleyes.gif

bill....

thanks for watching my back pray.gif
but i finished my finals yesterday at 4 PM....
one went good.....one went really bad......

i have till the 28th.
i will head to the shop on friday to get this thing going.....

Limited Run of 50 or 60

Thanks
AA
Root_Werks
boldblue.gif boldblue.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif
azbill
Its good to hear that the exams are behind you. How do you know one went "bad" is that on gut feeling or the test score? If on feeling you might have done all right. Don't go in funk until you get the results. Long story short, I did that to my self on the comprehensives for the certified general appraiser tests. Lasted for 4 weeks got the notice in the mail I passed. Lots of head bashing for nothing. Hang in there have positive thoughts. beer.gif

I think you should driving.gif over to the machine shop in the morning as in Thursday. Don't let the grass grow under your feet. I need my gauge ASAP. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.