messix
dead horse.gif
Mike Bellis
What am I going to do with these 914 world chickens now? blink.gif

Click to view attachment
Black22
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 14 2014, 09:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Black22 @ Oct 14 2014, 09:02 PM) *
I too contributed to the hat passing for Andy, (that allegedly never happend).

Who said that never happened? What did i miss?
confused24.gif

Btw., those monies went 99% into keeping this site running and 1% whiskey ...

You didn't miss a thing Andy! Ask any lawyer, "allegedly" means it never happened. I was also using terminology used by a previous poster. Not stating facts.

Thanks for all your work keeping this site going. beerchug.gif Sorry there's no shot taking emoticon. Get to work on that will ya?
Cuda911
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 14 2014, 05:35 PM) *

I think that if anyone is even considering making anything, it needs to be clearly 70's vintage styling that should be presented before an independent design review board hosted in the sandbox.

If they somehow, miraculously manage to pass that design review process, there should be a random lottery to determine who will be allowed to submit one, yes one idea per quarter to the admins.

The design review board will of course have a set of rules and regulations that , keeping in the spirit of the sandbox, can be changed at anytime, with no recourse.

OK, I hereby volunteer to be on that "independent design review board."

My qualifications:

1. I'm good at being completely arbitrary in my decisions.

2. I have no personal artistic skills.

3. If I personally want to buy the product that is submitted, it gets a thumbs up. If not, it gets a thumbs down.

4. I've watched "Shark Tank" at least four times.

5. I properly used the word "hereby" in a sentence, thus verifying competence for legal review.
oldschool
WoW I've been away for a bit, Due to work but..... stromberg.gif it the fan! I know this was around the corner laugh.gif

If you want stuff printed PM me I have a complete Print shop
I have done work for a few members here, But I play by the rules.

P.S. and you don't need a group buy shades.gif

Plus I'm a real 914 dude.....and it runs av-943.gif hide.gif

Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 15 2014, 12:10 AM) *

Really Andy? blink.gif I'm so disappointed... whiskey? barf.gif
Vodka man, vodka!! first.gif
Rusty
QUOTE(Black22 @ Oct 14 2014, 10:02 PM) *

Rusty, you're member #6? I know I've got a number that's quite a bit larger than yours, but I've never heard of you...thanks for contributing. WTF.gif

Darned newbies... poke.gif

happy11.gif
Olympic 914
QUOTE(Rusty @ Oct 15 2014, 08:08 AM) *

Rusty, you're member #6? I know I've got a number that's quite a bit larger than yours, but I've never heard of you...thanks for contributing. WTF.gif

happy11.gif

Yeah I'm a newby also but it seems that I've never seen any of your posts till this mess, and it looks like you have only posted eleven times in the past year and seven of them are in this thread?? .... guess you found a subject you like.. thanks for contributing..
Rusty
You're welcome. Thanks for helping me add another post to this thread. piratenanner.gif

lol-2.gif
r_towle
rusty is the welcoming committee and all around enforcer of bad news.
He has taken time off to kill small people in remote regions of the world, cut him slack.
Rusty
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 15 2014, 07:42 AM) *

He has taken time off to kill small people in remote regions of the world, cut him slack.

Hey brother,

I haven't been deployed in quite a while. Most of my weekends are spent teaching rifle marksmanship. Lots of kids on the line these days. It's a heck of a lot of fun. ar15.gif
ripper911
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Oct 15 2014, 08:00 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 15 2014, 12:10 AM) *

Really Andy? blink.gif I'm so disappointed... whiskey? barf.gif
Vodka man, vodka!! first.gif

Vodka? wacko.gif

Whiskey is a much better choice.

If you just have to drink a clear liquor maybe grab some gin, at least it has some flavor.
76-914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 14 2014, 09:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Black22 @ Oct 14 2014, 09:02 PM) *
I too contributed to the hat passing for Andy, (that allegedly never happend).

Who said that never happened? What did i miss?
confused24.gif

Andy, see post #26 which replied to post #1. Seems it became misconstrued. It's all good. beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
full auto? no leaning down range.
Rusty
What that little girl will have to live with because of a careless instructor. sad.gif

We only shoot bolt-action and semi-auto rifles on my firing lines. I have discretion to allow them, but at the events I host I choose to restrict select-fire rifles for risk management purposes.

(P.S. I'm not anti-2A. I think everyone should be able to own a select-fire rifle with no NFA nonsense.)
7TPorsh
Thank Rusty for confirming what kind of person you are. It seems others here know you are shit kicking a$$hat too.

So I guess it was all worth it.

Elliot Cannon
OK, it seems everyone has made their point here. I draw the line at personal attacks. Will somebody please stop this stupid fuching thread. This whole thing could have been handled privately with PM's. instead of airing it out in public.
Rusty
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Oct 15 2014, 10:05 AM) *

Thank Rusty for confirming what kind of person you are. It seems others here know you are shit kicking a$$hat too.

So I guess it was all worth it.

lol-2.gif
rmital
QUOTE(Rusty @ Oct 15 2014, 08:08 AM) *

happy11.gif

...I'm interested in how does a website start out in CA, and a guy from Alabama (on Xmas day, look at his join date) joins at #6?
bored after opening gifts...??
did you find the Club by Google search??
couldn't have been by word of mouth....too soon, unless you lived on the left coast at the time?

Glenn from Pelican sent me here cause I needed help...lots of it....
didn't realize how much fun this place was/is huh.gif
Rusty
Where was I Christmas day in 2002? Probably stationed in the middle of Kansas, sitting in some shitty apartment? Odds are I was enjoying some wine and smoking my hookah pipe.

I think I was recently back from one of my overseas tours in the Sinai.

Most of us were on Rennlist back then... that was a long time ago. Good times.
rmital
QUOTE(Rusty @ Oct 15 2014, 12:49 PM) *

Where was I Christmas day in 2002? Probably stationed in the middle of Kansas, sitting in some shitty apartment? Odds are I was enjoying some wine and smoking my hookah pipe.

Most of us were on Rennlist back then... that was a long time ago. Good times.

cool...I was desperate for a set of rear calipers. Sager pointed me in this direction.
the only way to contact Eric Shea was thru this site (as far as I know)...back when he was just a regular guy.

....sorry, this was just a little off topic. you old timers fascinate me. rolleyes.gif
Rusty
Once upon a time, Porschelist/Rennlist was about all we had.

Very early on was the Renegade club site. I think I used my AOL connection to print everything on the site. It's in a binder in the garage somewhere. Those early articles were inspiring.
Larmo63
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
7TPorsh
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Oct 15 2014, 10:14 AM) *

A member here who doesn't respect the "Elders" of 914World, and Veterans especially, needs to be booted off this board. IMHO

It's some of the "elders" who are disrespecting. Without its members, this is just an empty site.

Being a vet or not has nothing to do with it; go wave your flag somewhere else.

Geez, teaching kids to shoot..... WTF.gif is this world coming too. Teach them something productive...like pissing people off on web forums.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rusty @ Oct 15 2014, 09:49 AM) *

That reminds me, there still is a 914Club sticker out there somewhere ...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=12568

first.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(oldschool @ Oct 15 2014, 12:00 AM) *

Plus I'm a real 914 dude.....and it runs...

Sorry, those two statements are mutually exclusive. Everybody knows that all real 914s are on jack stands.

...Seeing that picture of Rusty with those pre-teen kids makes me wonder, though:

Is Rusty taller than Clay, or is Clay taller than Rusty?

wink.gif

--DD
Rusty
Not a fair question. Clay always has his booster seat and I don't. happy11.gif
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 13 2014, 08:51 PM) *

Here is the short version:
- The 914World collective membership transforms overnight into internet experts on the subject of stickers

cheer.gif

Actually, I am an expert on the subject of stickers shades.gif
Happy to see we're all still talking lol-2.gif
Now, where's my link to some cool 914 World swag that I can buy? beerchug.gif
Actually, might just go direct to McMark, who has (had?) a vinyl decal cutter/printer and the 914 World digital logo files. aktion035.gif
rhodyguy
as for the member #. iirc the # you received when you joined 914club carried over to world. as for join date and posting #s rusty has been around. he had a 24/7 job for a career and is probably making up for lost time doing other things.

i think a few vets have had timeouts. i know of 1 that positively deserved it. everybody gets over it.

given the comments on the mug my guess is there's a market for quality 914 related items. there you go! do your own line sans 914world.
Chris914n6
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Oct 15 2014, 10:23 AM) *

Teach them something productive...like pissing people off on web forums.

You're doing a really good job of that. You are 50 years old, why are you being a prissy drama queen about something you weren't asked to do in the first place. You were not commissioned. There was no design contest.

Doing a limited production group buy of a unique design involving a Forum logo and with permission from the Forum management is one thing. Opening a swag store with their logo is way out of line. This is the only car forum I've been a part of that doesn't do it's own swag to pay for operating costs. Even then, the only time a 3rd party vendor is involved is calendars.

My $.02, drop the logo and this stupid bitch-fest. Focus on your unique and nicely done 914 posters, and enjoy the car that brought you here.
Bob L.
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 15 2014, 02:50 PM) *

as for the member #. iirc the # you received when you joined 914club carried over to world.

Ah! If correct, that explains why Sir Andy is not member #1. I was wondering.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bob L. @ Oct 15 2014, 01:17 PM) *
Ah! If correct, that explains why Sir Andy is not member #1. I was wondering.

Brad started the first version of the Club site off his personal computer at home just before Christmas 2002.

We moved everything onto one of my servers in January 2003 and i didn't sign up until late in January.
smile.gif
AvalonFal
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 15 2014, 03:50 PM) *

given the comments on the mug my guess is there's a market for quality 914 related items. there you go! do your own line sans 914world.

That IS it. Who cares if the word "WORLD" or logo is on the swag as long as "914" is.

Paul
r_towle
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Oct 15 2014, 04:09 PM) *

There was no design contest.

see, that is the real issue.
We have offered to setup a design contest, with arbitrary rules, tasteless remarks, completely senseless rulings, all to make this go away with as much humor and silly stories as possible.
kart54
I like turtles !!!

did this to see what my number is.

Kart54
oldschool
I love this site check it 2 maybe 3 times a day when I can. The people that Ive come to know are way cool, and people that I only know through the internet I like to think We are connected because of the funny car that I own......can't we all just get a group hug.. wub.gif
7TPorsh
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Oct 15 2014, 01:09 PM) *

You're doing a really good job of that. You are 50 years old, why are you being a prissy drama queen about something you weren't asked to do in the first place. You were not commissioned. There was no design contest.

Doing a limited production group buy of a unique design involving a Forum logo and with permission from the Forum management is one thing. Opening a swag store with their logo is way out of line. This is the only car forum I've been a part of that doesn't do it's own swag to pay for operating costs. Even then, the only time a 3rd party vendor is involved is calendars.

My $.02, drop the logo and this stupid bitch-fest. Focus on your unique and nicely done 914 posters, and enjoy the car that brought you here.

I am with you Chris. i am ready to put this to bed but it seems we have a lot of patriots around here waving their banners. Call me a drama queen, a pisser, whatever. There's two sides to every story.

All this and Andy still hasn't definitively weighed in and said it's ok or not. So a little disappointed in that. Just old man Rusty waving his arms (and firearms).

I do have the PM where I said I would be offering stickers shirts and mugs. Again no "hey man you can't do that".

If admins want I will send them the design file (plenty of hours in it which I will donate for the cause) and they can take all the time and trouble to setup a store or a group buy and run it. Seems people here want the stuff but are pissed off I am offering it.

Yeah this could have been done by PMs...and it was. Point was made and store was closed. But nooooo....good old Rusty here had to throw it up the flagpole.

So I salute you! bootyshake.gif

Can we just shut this down now? I'm beat, you got what you want....which is nothing.

Rusty
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Oct 15 2014, 04:33 PM) *

Yeah this could have been done by PMs...and it was. Point was made and store was closed. But nooooo....good old Rusty here had to throw it up the flagpole.

Once again, 7T: This thread didn't call you out by name. You called yourself out, dude. screwy.gif
EdwardBlume
There is one sure fire way to shut this thread down...
Porschef
QUOTE(kart54 @ Oct 15 2014, 06:07 PM) *

I like turtles !!!

did this to see what my number is.

Kart54

Never mind your fuchin' turtles, I want a rubber chicken with the 914 World logo

Mike?
monkeyboy
Can someone start talking about religion or politics so this can be locked?
Rusty
It'll fade away... give it time. smile.gif
Jon H.
Click to view attachment

I know you can't see it but it says "914 World" on the back of Micheal's jacket biggrin.gif
AlanG
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 13 2014, 05:26 PM) *

QUOTE(AvalonFal @ Oct 13 2014, 02:22 PM) *

We need more technical threads and less of these.

Paul

I totally fucking agree. agree.gif we're starting to sound like a bunch of Old Hen's a cackling.

agree.gif 10 times over!
ben*james
Second that on the turtles....

Oh

<-----

There it is smile.gif
dw914six
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Oct 15 2014, 02:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Oct 15 2014, 01:09 PM) *

I am with you Chris. i am ready to put this to bed but it seems we have a lot of patriots around here waving their banners. Call me a drama queen, a pisser, whatever. There's two sides to every story.

All this and Andy still hasn't definitively weighed in and said it's ok or not. So a little disappointed in that. Just old man Rusty waving his arms (and firearms).

I do have the PM where I said I would be offering stickers shirts and mugs. Again no "hey man you can't do that".

If admins want I will send them the design file (plenty of hours in it which I will donate for the cause) and they can take all the time and trouble to setup a store or a group buy and run it. Seems people here want the stuff but are pissed off I am offering it.

So I salute you! bootyshake.gif

Can we just shut this down now? I'm beat, you got what you want....which is nothing.

Dude, don't be dragging in the right to bear arms. not cool. headbang.gif
dw914six
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 15 2014, 08:27 AM) *

OK, it seems everyone has made their point here. I draw the line at personal attacks. Will somebody please stop this stupid fuching thread. This whole thing could have been handled privately with PM's. instead of airing it out in public.

Yeah, I'm with you Elliott on that. Especially when I now get the sense of judgment of a man who shoots guns. ar15.gif

Which means said judgment for all who believe in this right. confused24.gif My experience is these gun carrying primadonas are the very people risking their lives to help keep those same pansies safe. Believe it or not, its a very bad world out there. Some very, very bad people just waiting to destroy your live and your families lives.

I don't know Rusty, but if he did/does serve, then I thank you sir for your service. pray.gif Irregardless of what other politics run amuck here on this site.
AndyB
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 15 2014, 09:42 AM) *

WTF.gif bs.gif someone was a warrant officer.
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(Rusty @ Oct 15 2014, 04:21 PM) *

Once again, 7T: This thread didn't call you out by name. You called yourself out, dude. screwy.gif

And you responded, repeatedly and directly. And with many more posts than you have directed to all subjects put together in the past year. confused24.gif
7TPorsh
QUOTE(Rusty @ Oct 15 2014, 04:21 PM) *

Sure just a generic thread.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.