914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Mikey914
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=CMNry4PE93Y
I like turtles too
McMark
I have a banner to wave!

bootyshake.gif

Oh and since hookah and whiskey were mentioned...

Mike Bellis
Fixed it! biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
McMark
av-943.gif
altitude411
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Oct 15 2014, 10:10 PM) *

piratenanner.gif icon8.gif

LMAO...

....and if your names Rusty, you have the perfect name to be driving.gif teeners. Thanks for your service Sir.
bigkensteele
I admit to quitting on page 6. because I could feel my intellectual prowess being sucked out of me like a blind hooker asking for money from a kilbassa. Yes, I know that makes no sense, but neither does this thread anymore. I don't need any more t-shirts, coffee mugs, stickers or rubber chickens, so I am not sure why I read as much as I did.

My take-away is that Rusty (who I never even heard of until this thread) seems like a bit of an a-hole. And that the money that I contributed a while back went mostly back to the site but about a dollar of it went to Andy's drinking habit, which I am fine with because dealing with all of us has to be stressfful.

God save the 914world and its brethren, and its font, and its impeccable standing on Earth as never having allowed a sub-par piece of swag being produced in its name.

Honestly, I love this place. It keeps me sane. Just let me know when I need to send money to keep it up, and I will try my best not to even read threads like this in the future.
flippa
Click to view attachment
Cuda911
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 15 2014, 09:27 AM) *

OK, it seems everyone has made their point here. I draw the line at personal attacks. Will somebody please stop this stupid fuching thread. This whole thing could have been handled privately with PM's. instead of airing it out in public.

Are you kidding me?? PMs??

That wouldn't be at all the same.

The entertainment factor would have been totally eliminated if this discussion was via PMs.
Rusty
piratenanner.gif

SLITS
Whooopeeee!

icon8.gif
matthepcat
IPB Image
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Oct 16 2014, 12:10 AM) *

Fixed it! biggrin.gif

IPB Image

How many do we need for a group buy?
Chris914n6
IPB Image
worn
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Oct 16 2014, 04:38 PM) *

IPB Image

I haven't been around very long, but almost every post in the thread seems in one way or another out of line. No I don't find it funny, it simply makes me feel, well, bad. Some of you have more control than others and I have to say I am dissapointed to find this in the garage or even on the home page. Could this not have reasonably be killed after the first post so the message gets across.
This has to be one of the best use-list sites in the whole world, so the bar is high I suppose.
r_towle
QUOTE(worn @ Oct 16 2014, 09:33 PM) *

IPB Image

I haven't been around very long, but almost every post in the thread seems in one way or another out of line. No I don't find it funny, it simply makes me feel, well, bad. Some of you have more control than others and I have to say I am dissapointed to find this in the garage or even on the home page. Could this not have reasonably be killed after the first post so the message gets across.
This has to be one of the best use-list sites in the whole world, so the bar is high I suppose.

I guess you have not found the sandbox then, eh?

This is far from out of line, rather tame really...

time for some poop?
wndsnd
I knew there would be a 911 in his garage.

hide.gif

John
SLITS
QUOTE(worn @ Oct 16 2014, 06:33 PM) *

IPB Image

When you realize that some of us "old timers" find the premiss of this thread laughable and our mode of operation is to tune the absurd to a completely different level of absurdity, you will understand why we keep it alive. Mainly to piss off the Admins who were shortsighted in the beginning.

Anarchy is alive and well ...............................
Elliot Cannon
agree.gif What he said.
Lou W
Who's Brad? blink.gif
TROJANMAN
Hey, I remember this place.......... happy11.gif

7T make us some ClubNarp Swag, we could use the publicity lol-2.gif
krk
QUOTE(Rusty @ Oct 15 2014, 10:06 AM) *

Once upon a time, Porschelist/Rennlist was about all we had.

Very early on was the Renegade club site. I think I used my AOL connection to print everything on the site. It's in a binder in the garage somewhere. Those early articles were inspiring.

So true. I moved to CA in '96, got my first 914 (73 2.0) and if it wasn't for Rennlist, (I have only the faintest recollection of Porchelist...) I would never have got that puppy sorted. Totally fun times tho. By today's standards, the list created a tiny community, but it seemed frikk'n magical at the time. I could ask about the FI bits/behaviors and get answers from folks who had the btdt to assist. (I think I even got Rusty to comment on webers for a /6 when I got into trouble with them)

With teenagers currently in the house, the p-car hobbies are quite slow at the moment, but I do have non-running 914's so I suppose I'm still "in" -- lol.

My member number is the second one I had -- I was just being a tester for something new at the time. Once the site was running, things just moved on -- so early numbers just mean you were here early. (man, in my case, do I wish it meant "competence"!)

The community/group/whatever-we-are-called has turned into something quite unexpected and quite wonderful. "unintended consequences" :-)

Enjoy it.

kim.
7TPorsh
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Oct 16 2014, 10:07 PM) *

Sure, here is a quickie off the top off my head! Cant do much on this laptop... smile.gif

Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Oct 17 2014, 11:12 AM) *

QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Oct 16 2014, 10:07 PM) *

Sure, here is a quickie off the top off my head! Cant do much on this laptop... smile.gif

Click to view attachment

"Stuttgart" should be replaced with "Oldfart"
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 17 2014, 10:35 AM) *
"Stuttgart" should be replaced with "Oldfart"

That would be "Alter Furz" in German ...
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.