Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's talk: Making 914world swag
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Rusty
This issue has come up a couple of times recently.

The policy is HERE and is pretty darned lenient. Want to make something for yourself? Cool.

Ya see, the bandwidth, maintenance, hardware and hardware upgrades for 914 World are paid for by Andy. Out of his pocket. Yep. No, he doesn't accept donations.

So, someone making money (even beer money) using the sites logos is a problem. If the OWNER of the site doesn't do it, why should anyone else? You certainly wouldn't get away with that from any other company.

Want to make a limited run of something? Contact the admins & be prepared to send a sample to one of them (we'll return it to you). We won't take forever to respond. It should go without saying, setting up an eBusiness making 914world stuff is way over the line.

Questions, please PM one of the admins and ask. beerchug.gif

-R
ThePaintedMan
agree.gif
Mikey914
100% agreed
7TPorsh
Well it is obvious this was directed towards me. For the record I did get approval and permission from Andy. Don't you guys talk to each other? You get the messages.

I am closing the Targa Products store; no more link. If you are one of the 3 people who bought a shirt or a sticker...congratulations! it is now a one of a kind rare item.

I will save the $3 I made; hopefully it will double in 10 years and I can buy a beer.

Also, FYI, providing a sample for the admins is difficult when you need a minimum run of 25 or 50 to make one in the first place.

I am sure it is my own fault and I deserve it. When I read "it's ok", I actually thought "IT'S OK".

Whatever, here it is for posterity. Hell, Andy even sent me the Photoshop files for the logo.

SIR Andy
"I'm OK with the designs as long as you use our new 914World logo that doesn't use the Porsche font and you don't put 914World in the store name.

If you want to, i can also send you the font and/or Photoshop file for the 914World logo ...

smile.gif "

Mikey914
Andy is pretty cool, in that he spends a ton of time to make sure we all have a place to discuss our passion. He takes nothing for his work. I would think at the very least a percentage of profits donated to toys for tots program (to whom out banner "fees" are paid. Would be appropriate.
Other than that, yeah make what you want, with his blessing.
McMark
use our new 914World logo

shades.gif
7TPorsh
I also am doing this out of passion. I love to do art, I love these cars. Just want to spread the enthusiasm..

Honestly if there were buyers and a profit I would be putting up a banner, etc. But I don't have the extra $$$ to do that now and I am not seeing much response to the store anyways. There isn't much actual profit built into the pricing since these are individual products and not a "group buy" volume kind of thing...so essentially they are retail priced but with custom design.

It's for fun and "beer money" as you call it. If anything, a couple extra bucks to spend on the 914 since I have a rule not to spend any family income on the car. I have made 4.50 in actual profit. And I can't get it because they only payout when I get to a minimum amount.

I am not even considering the time to design, draw, or even maintain the store. Plus I will be hit for income tax too. So there goes the $4..

I don't want to piss people off; especially Andy. He has been cool about this all but I get hit from different angles; threatened with legal action...... It ain't worth it.

I'll just stick to cars and carbs.....last on the posters too. At least here.
Rusty
7T,

This post was intended as a friendly reminder as the issue has come up more than once in the past few months from more than one person.

But since you self-identified (in a passive-aggressive way) as one of those who couldn't follow the existing policy, I'll reply. It's nothing that hasn't been explained to you one-on-one.

The policy has been in place for years with the intent to allow members to make small runs of stuff to fill the gap the Admin team decided not to take on. We don't want the site running or associated with an eCommerce site. It was never intended for someone to setup an eBusiness and hawk 914world wares.

Aside from being one of the coolest guys around, Andy's efforts and contribution to the 914 community around the world are unparalleled. He's made more of an impact than any single person since the cars rolled off the factory line. Please show a little respect for his property (914 World) which he generously shares with us.

Rusty
7TPorsh
Rusty, I have already taken out the store. As I said I don't want to piss off anyone especially Andy. Don't think I have...doesn't matter at this point.

I am aware of the policy, that's why I got approval. Nobody asked me to take it down; it's been up 2 months now. That's my problem. Nobody ASKED me to take it down or stop. Instead I go online to find out I am locked out and getting threatened with legal action?

So yeah Rusty, passive aggressive? no, just a bit pissed and slightly defensive. I see a different version of your friendly reminder.

....damage done...
StratPlayer
Glad I got my shirt and stickers before the sh__ hit the fan. If 7T got permission from andy, why is this even posted.
rhodyguy
Threats? Legal action? Hmmmmm....
Rusty
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 10 2014, 11:14 AM) *

Ya see, this isn't our first time down this road with this gentleman. idea.gif

7T went through this a few months ago during his previous venture into eBusiness when he stood up his own online "914 World Store" without talking to anyone.

This time it was a new eStore "Targa something-or-other" with mugs and shirts and stuff... none of which had been discussed.

I requested an address to which we could mail legal correspondence. There were no threats because there didn't need to be.

:shrug:
7TPorsh
QUOTE(Rusty @ Oct 10 2014, 10:26 AM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 10 2014, 11:14 AM) *

Ya see, this isn't our first time down this road with this gentleman. idea.gif

7T went through this a few months ago during his previous venture into eBusiness when he stood up his own online "914 World Store" without talking to anyone.

This time it was a new eStore "Targa something-or-other" with mugs and shirts and stuff... none of which had been discussed.

I requested an address to which we could mail legal correspondence. There were no threats because there didn't need to be.

:shrug:

It was discussed, it was all discussed. Even before I started doing any kind of design.

I also agreed to stop but you opened this thread to make an example out of me. You title it let's talk but you PM me and threaten me again when I reply to the thread. Your tone here and on your PMs are different.

If this is what you refer to as going out in a blaze of glory then I'm swinging the bat for strike three. Go ahead and lock me out again.....I already said I'm done selling anything here. With or without the World name on it. Yet YOU persist. Just delete this thread too and it goes away. I won't bring it up again. Everyone else would be too scared too.

ps: there is a thread in the Member Vendors forum; maybe squash that one too.

Chris Pincetich
Let's continue talking.... biggrin.gif

SOMEBODY should be doing 914 World items, for those that can't "do it ourselves"

With so much community support for member vendors of PARTS, there should be concurrent support for folks making other stuff.

So, who's doing it? Can I currently buy a 914 World sticker online?
If so, thanks in advance for sharing the link smile.gif
If not, let's keep talking. beerchug.gif
CptTripps
Calm down guys...

Here's a pic of a cat. This should help.
Mike Bellis
IBTL

biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
lol-2.gif av-943.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Oct 10 2014, 01:05 PM) *
IBTL
biggrin.gif

ILST laugh.gif
7TPorsh
bye1.gif
Don't like cats....
Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
If Sir Andy wanted to do an ecommerce site he is more than capable. It would appear to me that there is a big difference between having fun with one item an exploding into cups and shirts and hats and whatever else you can dream up. This is Andy's site. The rest of us are just lucky to have him as our friend. He keeps this place going for us. We all owe him and the other admins beerchug.gif

Oh! ILBT! drooley.gif
SLITS
What a pile of shit and it smells too!

A few trinkets here and there that a few people might even buy ... call the Army / Navy we have a full scale invasion of intellectual property going on here ..

Bah
Rusty
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Oct 10 2014, 01:05 PM) *

It was discussed, it was all discussed. Even before I started doing any kind of design.

I also agreed to stop but you opened this thread to make an example out of me. You title it let's talk but you PM me and threaten me again when I reply to the thread. Your tone here and on your PMs are different.

If this is what you refer to as going out in a blaze of glory then I'm swinging the bat for strike three. Go ahead and lock me out again.....I already said I'm done selling anything here. With or without the World name on it. Yet YOU persist. Just delete this thread too and it goes away. I won't bring it up again. Everyone else would be too scared too.

ps: there is a thread in the Member Vendors forum; maybe squash that one too.

The universe does not revolve around you, despite what you might think.

This thread was in response to a few incidents, your latest was the most recent. You were not called out. You self-identified and have decided to be a martyr about it. You already believe you're a special snowflake. Enjoy being a drama queen, too.

If we're being so mean to you, log out and don't return. Trolling to be banned is so unattractive. Maybe you can sell pelican shirts on the Bird Board! w00t.gif

ps: Thanks for the heads up on your other eCommerce thread. I did miss that one! smile.gif
Old Yella
Back to the bird I suppose.
Mike Bellis
IBTL

Twice piratenanner.gif
Mike Bellis
evilgrin.gif

Click to view attachment

hide.gif
76-914
QUOTE(Rusty @ Oct 10 2014, 06:46 AM) *

No, he doesn't accept donations.

I don't know if that is 100% accurate. If so, to whom did I send $$ when we passed the hat for Andy a short while back? Not that you didn't deserve a commitment from the members Andy. beerchug.gif

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Oct 10 2014, 01:48 PM) *

bye1.gif
Don't like cats....
Click to view attachment

That cat is deaf, BTW.
Sleepin
So you are saying that I can't be selling these dog toys? Everyone loves artificial sticks, and they don't break into slivers and get stuck in your canine friend's bellies....

IBTL beerchug.gif lol-2.gif
EdwardBlume
Andy and this site rocks.... grouphug.gif both contribute greatly to the mindshare and knowledge needed to keep these cars of the road. Without both, my cars would be incomplete.

Why am I saying all this mushy crap? Because I don't get the chance often enough...
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Oct 10 2014, 07:10 PM) *

So you are saying that I can't be selling these dog toys? Everyone loves artificial sticks, and they don't break into slivers and get stuck in your canine friend's bellies....

IBTL beerchug.gif lol-2.gif

Can I get mine in yellow? lol-2.gif
914bub
In California we're praying for rain,.......I guess a shit storm will do! piratenanner.gif

I appreciate all that Andy does for us, He's what EB is to the Samba. Thank you Sir!
Cuda911
^^^^ Yeah, look at this crap I got in the mail today. And, I will be gone all day tomorrow (Saturday) and really need to water things, on SUNDAY.

If you guys don't hear from me after the weekend, I'm in the slammer for watering my yard.

Sleepin, are you SURE that thing is a DOG toy? That lady looks mighty pleased with it.
Elliot Cannon

The policy is HERE and is pretty darned lenient. Want to make something for yourself? Cool.

Ya see, the bandwidth, maintenance, hardware and hardware upgrades for 914 World are paid for by Andy. Out of his pocket. Yep. No, he doesn't accept donations.

So, someone making money (even beer money) using the sites logos is a problem. If the OWNER of the site doesn't do it, why should anyone else? You certainly wouldn't get away with that from any other company.

Want to make a limited run of something? Contact the admins & be prepared to send a sample to one of them (we'll return it to you). We won't take forever to respond. It should go without saying, setting up an eBusiness making 914world stuff is way over the line.

-R

So, it's Andy's site but you're the enforcer? Way too much drama here. Why couldn't you have done this with PM's?
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Oct 10 2014, 11:16 PM) *

^^^^ Yeah, look at this crap I got in the mail today. And, I will be gone all day tomorrow 9Saturday) and really need to water things, on SUNDAY.

If you guys don't hear from me after the weekend, I'm in the slammer for watering my yard.

Sleepin, are you SURE that thing is a DOG toy? That lady looks mighty pleased with it.

That lady is Sleepin's wife. biggrin.gif wub.gif
7TPorsh
finger.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 11 2014, 02:21 AM) *

-R

So, it's Andy's site but you're the enforcer? Way too much drama here. Why couldn't you have done this with PM's?

agree.gif

Rusty, all due respect, but you don't contribute anymore and it seems you only show up once in a blue moon for a piss fest.

rolleyes.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 11 2014, 02:21 AM) *

Way too much drama here.

agree.gif
Steve
I would love a 914 World hat to replace my 914 club hat, since I hang out at this site versus the other sites. However there is probably issues with the font. We do need to figure out the SWAG issue. I get the Brad membership thing, but what's wrong with club swag and all proceeds go to site upkeep and or admin party favors?
SLITS
IPB Image

IPB Image
Mike Bellis
bootyshake.gif

Click to view attachment

sheeplove.gif
StratPlayer
Rusty, all due respect, but you don't contribute anymore and it seems you only show up once in a blue moon for a piss fest.
agree.gif
rhodyguy
I hate it when I buy seedless oranges only to find seeds when I eat said oranges.
Jonathan Livesay
I am still pretty new around here but I have seen a few of these pissing contests, AP Girl vs. the world etc. If people here want 914 World T-shirts or coffee cups or dog toys or vibrators and someone wants to go to the trouble of setting up a site to sell them after clearing it with Andy (he said he did, although Andy has been kind of quiet on that question) then what is the problem? Is it the twelve cents an hour that he might be making on the venture or what? Is Rusty the 914 World patent office?
Mike Bellis
Group buy! piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Mike, Can I get a 914world monkey to fling the contents of the buckets?
ThePaintedMan
I have a bellybutton.
AvalonFal
We need more technical threads and less of these.

Paul
76-914
QUOTE(AvalonFal @ Oct 13 2014, 02:22 PM) *

We need more technical threads and less of these.

Paul

I totally fucking agree. agree.gif we're starting to sound like a bunch of Old Hen's a cackling.
wes
agree.gif
ablesnead
Damn , I was thinking of getting one of the world stickers.....I don't like the Rusty's of the world...can't bring enough angst to a hobby to worry further ....
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(ablesnead @ Oct 13 2014, 04:48 PM) *

Damn , I was thinking of getting one of the world stickers.....I don't like the Rusty's of the world...can't bring enough angst to a hobby to worry further ....

They aren't World stickers.

And the Rusty's of the world help keep this place open.

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.