Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plaid insert seat materials or kits available as a 4 pcs kit fully sewn
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Mikey914
WOW, that blue really pops. I like the car color.
JimFitz33
Can i get a more close up shot of the grey plaid?
Thanks!
Jim
Mikey914
I'll be able to do that sometime after the 1st of the year.
Long story short they screwed up and put tan instead of gray in the loom. Almost an act of god to get them to correct an error they made.
Either way I've been promised it will be 2nd week of January.
Mark
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 27 2014, 05:38 PM) *

I'll be able to do that sometime after the 1st of the year.
Long story short they screwed up and put tan instead of gray in the loom. Almost an act of god to get them to correct an error they made.
Either way I've been promised it will be 2nd week of January.
Mark

I thought you said this was on its way already? Now it's another 2 weeks. Not your fault I know, but i may pull out at this point or pass along my spot to someone else and just have you refund me via paypal.
Mikey914
Just give me the word. I will send you a refund today.
The black and gray was not correct so I rejected it. It created a situation where they need to replace it, and they found the gray they had was not correct, so they wound up having to dye more material to make it. With the holidays they have been off a bit, I'm hoping I can reach them Monday to get some news, but they have my money, and I am confident it will get done. 95% sure it will be in January, I just can't tell you when until I hear back.

If this will not work in your time schedule, I can appreciate that, and as I said will promptly refund your money.
Gary
Don't know if / where I am in the queue, but if it helps I'm still up for a set of the grey-white. Thanks.
Mikey914
Gary,
I don't have you in the cue, but can add you. I processed these on the website to track and keep organized. To make sure you are looking for #81.
It's more of a grey than white.
matt_o_70
I am kicking myself for not getting into the GB - So if anyone backs out of #81 (Black/Grey) - I'd be happy to take up their place...
Mikey914
I will have the material if you want any, and I can do complete seat sets and backs if you need them. I'm just not paying members to take these anymore. I messed up on my original GB price and wound up paying more for the sewing than I charged.

As soon as the material is done I can sell you raw material or kit.
I'll post on this thread so everyone knows where we are on this.

-mark
Mikey914
A little bad news, but not too bad. The grey that we have been trying to get dyed for the black and grey, cane in, and it's a little green now. It was more tan. Not sure why we are having this problem, but it has to be right. So again I wait. SHould have more info in about a week.
-Mark
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 15 2015, 06:41 PM) *

A little bad news, but not too bad. The grey that we have been trying to get dyed for the black and grey, cane in, and it's a little green now. It was more tan. Not sure why we are having this problem, but it has to be right. So again I wait. SHould have more info in about a week.
-Mark

headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
guess I should have gone with a different color. idea.gif
wwhat else would go with copper metallic?
Mikey914
I will get it right, and you will get the plaid you are looking for, but if it's not right, no one is happy. I thought we had this all dialed in, but the code for the grey was not correct to begin with. It took months to get the colors right, fortunately there is some carry over, the lime green, green, yellow, light red. This should be the easiest, but no.

The Great new is I have 4 sets ready, just need to do up some backs, so more are going out. I should be able to get 2 complete (with backs) tomorrow, the balance Tuesday.

rick 918-S
boldblue.gif I bet the red ones are mine aktion035.gif piratenanner.gif I'm going to have to do an orange car now. That orange set is outrageous! drooley.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 16 2015, 09:39 AM) *

boldblue.gif I bet the red ones are mine aktion035.gif piratenanner.gif I'm going to have to do an orange car now. That orange set is outrageous! drooley.gif

Funny, I thought the red ones had to be mine evilgrin.gif

Mark, can you give us a heads up on time frames on the red/burgundy ones? We are trying to line up some photos of the car to feature it as a project car in the magazine. And the seats are one of the things we want to feature. Thanks for doing these kits. Can't wait.
Mikey914
I'll check the order and get back to both of you. Either way the 2nd set will be this next week.
Thanks,
mark
stevegm
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 16 2015, 11:30 AM) *

I'll check the order and get back to both of you. Either way the 2nd set will be this next week.
Thanks,
mark

Thanks. Certainly send Rick his first. I can plan around it. No big deal. Just tickled to be getting this great kit. piratenanner.gif
G e o r g e
Those are looking Great Mark, Can't wait to get my set

Rick I was thinking a yellow car for the orange plaid new_shocked.gif help give that drab color some zing happy11.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 16 2015, 10:56 AM) *

Thanks,
mark

Thanks. Certainly send Rick his first. I can plan around it. No big deal. Just tickled to be getting this great kit. piratenanner.gif

Just talked to Mark. This set is your! beerchug.gif Mine will be soon. My car is a long way from paint.
stevegm
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jan 16 2015, 02:14 PM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 16 2015, 10:56 AM) *

Thanks,
mark

Just talked to Mark. This set is your! beerchug.gif Mine will be soon. My car is a long way from paint.

Ok. Cool. I can't wait to get them and get them installed. They are really going to look great in the car. Thanks.
Mikey914
3 match on the light grey will be ready on Monday, I think we may have it. I'll post more on production as soon as I get can verify it's correct.
-Mark
Rob-O
Anxious to see the black. I may need to get on this quickly.

I got the German Loop carpet set and new door panels from Mark awhile back. With new seat coverings my interior should be about as done as possible. If any of you are thinking about getting new carpet (and nothing makes dingy old carpet look worse than a brand new set of seats) I'd highly recommend the German Loop that Mark offers. A little pricier than domestic loop and domestic pile, but it's really nice and the loop should wear well for years and years to come.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 24 2015, 07:23 PM) *

3 match on the light grey will be ready on Monday, I think we may have it. I'll post more on production as soon as I get can verify it's correct.
-Mark

So you have the black and grey in and ready to ship? Iver been patiently waiting. That's great!
Remember we were going to ship mine along with seat cusion and seat heaters. Please P.m. me before you seal the package for shipping.
Phil
Mikey914
Followed up yesterday. The grey color is matched, but as this is actually being done on the east coast we have had some weather delays. I keep checking on a weekly basis, and I do believe we are in the home stretch.
-mark
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 19 2015, 12:02 PM) *

Followed up yesterday. The grey color is matched, but as this is actually being done on the east coast we have had some weather delays. I keep checking on a weekly basis, and I do believe we are in the home stretch.
-mark

any new news on the black/grey?---

any one have theirs finished and installed yet? i'd like to see some pictures of the finished product installed!!!

Phil
Mikey914
I'll be making my call here today on the Black / Grey, Hoping that it's done or at least has a schedule date. I'll let all know here later today.

I will be doing a write up on the ones I'm doing for my car in the next few weeks. I'm waiting for mine to be done too. Maybe Friday.
-Mark
GregAmy
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Feb 25 2015, 08:59 AM) *
any one have theirs finished and installed yet? i'd like to see some pictures of the finished product installed!!!

Read up in this thread. Mine's done and I posted photos, plus I think someone else did as well. Car is pickled in storage until the snow (and salt) goes away otherwise I'd be driving it today!
tweet
Reproducing a quality OEM spec part that has not been manufactured in decades requires:

Attention to detail
Product knowledge
Quality control
A Great deal of time and effort devoted to research and development
And most importantly Patience and Perseverance

Just food for thought. I know because I have spent countless hours researching information on VW and Porsche locks, keys, etc. and I still have much to learn and hope to continue doing so.

biggrin.gif
JB620

Just finishing mine up today, I couldn't be more thrilled. Now if only my backpad didn't look so bad. Patience grasshopper... You won't be disappointed!!!

Thank you, Mark, for providing such a high quality reproduction. Click to view attachment
dlkawashima
Nicely done!
rick 918-S
Nice Green! Any word on my # 47 set Mark?
Mikey914
My guy was out of the office, so I'm still following up. I'll let you know as I'll be trying again tomorrow.

#47 should be in the group that will be done Friday. I'll let you know Rick just as soon as I get it'll be out the door to ya.

I'm working on being able to produce these and others faster and in more volume.
Not much good now but I'll be improving and expanding offerings on these.
Mikey914
QUOTE(JB620 @ Feb 25 2015, 03:37 PM) *

Just finishing mine up today, I couldn't be more thrilled. Now if only my backpad didn't look so bad. Patience grasshopper... You won't be disappointed!!!

Thank you, Mark, for providing such a high quality reproduction. Click to view attachment

Nice job on the install.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 26 2015, 01:33 AM) *

My guy was out of the office, so I'm still following up. I'll let you know as I'll be trying again tomorrow.

#47 should be in the group that will be done Friday. I'll let you know Rick just as soon as I get it'll be out the door to ya.

I'm working on being able to produce these and others faster and in more volume.
Not much good now but I'll be improving and expanding offerings on these.

Thank you sir! first.gif really like the green. drooley.gif
G e o r g e
Besides the bottom cushion, are you all using the existing foam and structure for the head and sides? or did you have it all replaced?

looking at the foam out of the first seat i stripped, I do not think it wise to just wrap it up under these new skins.
Mikey914
QUOTE(G e o r g e @ Mar 4 2015, 05:09 PM) *

Besides the bottom cushion, are you all using the existing foam and structure for the head and sides? or did you have it all replaced?

looking at the foam out of the first seat i stripped, I do not think it wise to just wrap it up under these new skins.

The foam for the bottom is an option, as well as seat heaters. The black and grey plaid is still somewhere in the works. I have all the thread matched, I call weekly for the production schedule, but it seems more like I'll get it when they are ready. So for now, I call weekly, don't get much info, but it will get done, it's just a matter of time. Unfortunately, I don't have much direct control but I'm persistent in calling. I hope in a few weeks to have this in hand.
Mark
DRPHIL914
so ---- just bumping this up icon_bump.gif
as i do my monthly check in on the status of the grey/black tartan pattern, any news of this ?

Phil confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif
Mikey914
Unfortunately I'm still at the mercy of the guy I have doing this. I make weekly calls. I'm trying to sweeten the pot by increasing the amount of material. I will keep you posted.
Thanks for your patience.
JimFitz33
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Mar 20 2015, 11:03 AM) *

Unfortunately I'm still at the mercy of the guy I have doing this. I make weekly calls. I'm trying to sweeten the pot by increasing the amount of material. I will keep you posted.
Thanks for your patience.

I would be very interested in a black grey set when you get them . Are you still making the covers? I have had the same issue trying to get the right plaid from SMS Auto Fabrics...the black grey actually came out black and tan.
The covers look amazing btw!
Thanks,
JimFitz33@gmail.com
Mikey914
We have got the pattern correct and the Black and grey will be ready in less than 2 weeks. Yes we are doing these and will be doing a few other items to go with these very soon.
-Mark
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 7 2015, 01:06 AM) *

We have got the pattern correct and the Black and grey will be ready in less than 2 weeks. Yes we are doing these and will be doing a few other items to go with these very soon.
-Mark

Awesome! beerchug.gif
- i should be at the top of that list bye1.gif ,
just as a reminder because its been quite a while since the initial order and payment:
dont forget my order included the bolsters, back & bottom vinyl, and
i wanted to add the seat foam and seat heaters to ship at the same time.

Dr. Phil
Mikey914
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Apr 7 2015, 06:59 AM) *

-Mark

Awesome! beerchug.gif
just as a reminder because its been quite a while since the initial order and payment:

Dr. Phil

Thanks Phil,
I'll let you know before tho ships so you can get everything together.
Mark
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 7 2015, 11:19 AM) *

-Mark

Awesome! beerchug.gif

Dr. Phil

Thanks Phil,
Mark

Thank you!! i know it took some time, but very appreciative that you worked so hard to get the pattern and color correct!!.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Apr 7 2015, 08:21 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Apr 7 2015, 11:19 AM) *

-Mark

Awesome! beerchug.gif

Dr. Phil

Thanks Phil,
Mark

Thank you!! i know it took some time, but very appreciative that you worked so hard to get the pattern and color correct!!.

No point in doing it if we can't get it right.
biggrin.gif
mepstein
I'm getting a bit ahead of my self here but what did you guys do about the black cardboard that runs up the sides of the backrest? It was sewn in originally. Did you ad it into your covers or leave it out?
bigkensteele
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 19 2015, 02:49 PM) *

I'm getting a bit ahead of my self here but what did you guys do about the black cardboard that runs up the sides of the backrest? It was sewn in originally. Did you ad it into your covers or leave it out?

My seats had already been reupholstered, and the cardboard was glued to the main foam core. I think that you will need it so you have something to staple to.
mepstein
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Apr 19 2015, 07:42 PM) *

My seats had already been reupholstered, and the cardboard was glued to the main foam core. I think that you will need it so you have something to staple to.

I'm referring to the cardboard strip that runs up the back, not the seat bottom. Thanks
bigkensteele
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 19 2015, 04:32 PM) *

I'm referring to the cardboard strip that runs up the back, not the seat bottom. Thanks

That is what I am talking about as well.
Click to view attachment
mepstein
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Apr 19 2015, 08:41 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 19 2015, 04:32 PM) *

That is what I am talking about as well.

Mine was sewn to the cover. No staples.
So now I'm more confused than usual.
blink.gif
moldygreg
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 19 2015, 03:49 PM) *

They were helpful to use. We glued them back in and used them.

JB620
I reused the black runners. I stitched them to the new covers by hand then glued them to the foam just like they were originally. A little time consuming but worth it IMHO. I replaced all of the foam to the insert (plaid) section. Starting fresh, no more stinky seats!
**Tip... Keep one insert together to use as reference, it really helps when you go to reassemble with the new cover.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.