Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Plaid insert seat materials or kits available as a 4 pcs kit fully sewn
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
mepstein
QUOTE(JB620 @ Apr 20 2015, 12:11 AM) *

I reused the black runners. I stitched them to the new covers by hand then glued them to the foam just like they were originally. A little time consuming but worth it IMHO. I replaced all of the foam to the insert (plaid) section. Starting fresh, no more stinky seats!
**Tip... Keep one insert together to use as reference, it really helps when you go to reassemble with the new cover.

Yes, I only took one seat apart and took lots of pics. The other one won't come apart until I start assembly on the first one.
echocanyons
Seats turned out very nice, thanks Mark smilie_pokal.gif

Now to finish the panels and do the backpad.
DRPHIL914
Those look sweet!
Not the best picture but as seen thru the W.A.S. top,
oakpark
Mike, your illustration shows what looks to be two shades of yellow. I have a swatch from SMS Auto Fabrics of the yellow, and it doesn't go with my 1974 Chrome Yellow (L13M). THe swatch is too mustard for me. My question is, are those two separate shades of yellow in the picture? I'd love to have a lighter shade of yellow.

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 22 2014, 11:58 PM) *

I was asked some time ago to help out in getting these material made. I finally got off my butt and pulled the trigger on this. I have 7 for the 9 in stock and will have the other 2 late next week.

Materials will run per yard. Or I can have kits sewn up as shown. All 4 pcs $125, + the materials cost.

It is recommended you purchase 2 yards to get the sections to line up properly, does burn up material.

I will sell sample cards for $25 each that have 3" square samples. If you buy the $25 will be credited to your purchase.

I plan to have the GB open til Dec 10th, so if you are looking for a Christmas gift for your car this might be the thing.

I sent a kit out to Ken, he should have Friday.

Material is $127 per yard
If you have us do the 4 pcs kit it will take 2 yards for all 4.

Jett
Thanks Mike, we love the seats and the new cushions!

Cheers
Mikey914
QUOTE(oakpark @ Oct 20 2015, 07:57 PM) *

Mike, your illustration shows what looks to be two shades of yellow. I have a swatch from SMS Auto Fabrics of the yellow, and it doesn't go with my 1974 Chrome Yellow (L13M). THe swatch is too mustard for me. My question is, are those two separate shades of yellow in the picture? I'd love to have a lighter shade of yellow.

I was asked some time ago to help out in getting these material made. I finally got off my butt and pulled the trigger on this. I have 7 for the 9 in stock and will have the other 2 late next week.

Materials will run per yard. Or I can have kits sewn up as shown. All 4 pcs $125, + the materials cost.

It is recommended you purchase 2 yards to get the sections to line up properly, does burn up material.

I will sell sample cards for $25 each that have 3" square samples. If you buy the $25 will be credited to your purchase.

I plan to have the GB open til Dec 10th, so if you are looking for a Christmas gift for your car this might be the thing.

I have all the 10 of the ones on the card pre-sewn and ready to ship. Are you referring to 43? It's more of a lime yellow color.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Jett @ Oct 20 2015, 09:30 PM) *

Thanks Mike, we love the seats and the new cushions!

Cheers

Looking sharp!
oakpark
I noted that 43 is a lime green. It sounds like 40 is the only yellow? As I said, in the start of this thread you had a picture of all the material shades, and it looked like you had two shades of yellow. Sounds like that's not the case. That's what I want to confirm.

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 20 2015, 08:33 PM) *

QUOTE(oakpark @ Oct 20 2015, 07:57 PM) *

I have all the 10 of the ones on the card pre-sewn and ready to ship. Are you referring to 43? It's more of a lime yellow color.

Mikey914
No only one true yellow. The real test is do you need a green stripe of blue. I have seen the lime look close to the yellow as it had faded.
The small cross strip will confirm your color.
puffinator
Any change of heart to do an early seat? If not what do I need in the way of material to do the bottom and back of an early?
mepstein
QUOTE(puffinator @ Oct 23 2015, 01:23 PM) *

Any change of heart to do an early seat? If not what do I need in the way of material to do the bottom and back of an early?

I would buy an early set.
Mikey914
Have early in Black. Working on others but may be awhile.
Mark
advtracing
looking for 2 yards of yellow plaid to do a recover

email me john@st-classic.com
Mikey914
Sorry all material is sewn already.
nevis
Mike-
bought some of #80 about a year ago -used in my 911 hot rod-people loved the look and now I need more for another pair of seats. Can I get 1 1/2 yards of same material?

please contact me- Darryl darrylbgood@yahoo.com

thanks
skmcpa
I was checking to see if you have any of the #43 seat inserts?
oakdalecurtis
Didn't use the kit, but same material. Get tons of "like" comments!
Click to view attachment
jmill
Anyone install these in a Zambezi 914? Not sure if the green or grey would look better.
flat4guy
What came on a white car? I like 43 and 44. Thanks.
Matty900
QUOTE(skmcpa @ Dec 4 2016, 01:51 PM) *

I believe we do have this in stock. Mark and Scott are out of town this week. I will check with Blake tomorrow and send you a PM
Matty900
[quote name='Matty900' date='Dec 5 2016, 12:07 AM' post='2430511']
[quote name='skmcpa' post='2430349' date='Dec 4 2016, 01:51 PM']
[/quote]

We have them.
skmcpa
[quote name='Matty900' date='Dec 5 2016, 06:39 PM' post='2430704']
[quote name='Matty900' date='Dec 5 2016, 12:07 AM' post='2430511']
[quote name='skmcpa' post='2430349' date='Dec 4 2016, 01:51 PM']
[/quote]

We have them.
[/quote]

Sorry for the delay responding ... I would like to order 2 complete sets / for 2 cars (4 seats)....both pair yellow/green #43 for delphi green metallic exterior. Please tell me how to pay and I will get it processed. If you only have one pair at present that is fine and I can purchase the other later or pay in advance, whatever works for you. Thanks.
Mikey914
I'll check today and follow up.
Mark

(Matty is my brother )
Mikey914
Have all 4 seats in stock and can ship right away.

http://shop.914rubber.com/searchquick-subm...?keywords=plaid
Hibbertp
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 23 2014, 08:58 AM) *

Do you have any of the Green plaid left buddy
If so how much for 4 yards?
914_teener
QUOTE(flat4guy @ Dec 4 2016, 04:36 PM) *

What came on a white car? I like 43 and 44. Thanks.

Hounds Tooth looks really good in a White car if youngo away from the plaid ...IMHO.
tangerinetea
HI Mikey,
I am late to this thread. Just wondering if you are still producing and selling plaid seat fabrics. If so, I am interested.
pm me to contact me directly.
Thanks

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 23 2014, 08:39 PM) *

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Oct 23 2014, 09:31 PM) *

How about early passenger seat configuration....like for a 6? They look great

We will not be setting up to do the early, but can sell you material if you wish.
-mark
mepstein
He still sells the kits. On the webside. Last year there were some great Black Friday sales on certain colors.
QUOTE(tangerinetea @ Nov 22 2018, 10:55 AM) *

HI Mikey,
I am late to this thread. Just wondering if you are still producing and selling plaid seat fabrics. If so, I am interested.
pm me to contact me directly.
Thanks

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 23 2014, 08:39 PM) *

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Oct 23 2014, 09:31 PM) *

How about early passenger seat configuration....like for a 6? They look great

We will not be setting up to do the early, but can sell you material if you wish.
-mark

Matty900
[quote name='mepstein' date='Nov 22 2018, 08:30 AM' post='2667709']
He still sells the kits. On the webside. Last year there were some great Black Friday sales on certain colors.
[quote name='tangerinetea' post='2667704' date='Nov 22 2018, 10:55 AM']

Still working on getting the listings together. The sale will run through the weekend and you will see a lot of new things you didn't know we had
DRPHIL914
i am trying to find either a houndstooth or a tartan that has a rust/copper color, not quite as orange
Gary
Got in on last year's GB. Really pleased with how they turned out on a pair of Renegade Hybrid modified seats.
seanery
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Nov 22 2018, 01:36 PM) *

Wow, the houndstooths look great!

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.