Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cross Country Drive - It's On!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Kansas 914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Feb 26 2015, 08:33 AM) *

The in place for cars music and food (as others have told me) is Gas Monkey Garage Bar and Grill in Dallas. Centrally located for east and west folks. Anyone here know how the food is?

http://www.gasmonkeygarage.com

http://gasmonkeybarngrill.com

Bill,

That is a great idea and could be a good opportunity to get Richard Rawlings to stop by. Good fodder for a magazine article.... wink.gif
malcolm2
Awesome sounding trip..... idea.gif I may have to re-think going to Amelia.
monkeyboy
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 26 2015, 07:38 AM) *

The in place for cars music and food (as others have told me) is Gas Monkey Garage Bar and Grill in Dallas. Centrally located for east and west folks. Anyone here know how the food is?

Bill,

That is a great idea and could be a good opportunity to get Richard Rawlings to stop by. Good fodder for a magazine article.... wink.gif

Food is pretty good. I made a point to eat there when I was in Dallas for work.

RR is in the building quite often from what I am told. You may want to check and see their schedule as they have lots of concerts there and other events. You wouldn't want to not be able to get in because of a taping or something.

I was there the night after a taping and it wasn't over crowded but it was full. May be hard to get a whole group in at once.
anderssj
Have you planned your route from Live Oak to Hershey? Will you be stopping in VA?

Inquiring minds want to know . . . smile.gif
t collins

I'll be leaving the car in Live Oak until mid April. Then I'll fly back out and drive it up to Hershey. Then back to SLC via somewhere in Tenessee perhaps! biggrin.gif
[/quote]

May want to consider returning via Hickory Tree, TN drunk.gif shades.gif
Tom
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 26 2015, 09:38 AM) *

Bill,

Gas Monkey food is great! Went there with Clay and the Dallas guys! Waiting for a chance to go again! burger.gif
stevegm
Where are you going after March 13th? How are you getting back to the west coast?

Oops - I see it now. Leaving the car in Live Oak until Hershey.
Ian Stott
If we are still up to our necks in snow I can understand you not coming to Moncton. However, if you do, the first beer and a lobster are on me! It's just up the road a bit from Hershey, well quite a bit! I'm pretty sure I can get you a death defying ride on a snowmobile!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(anderssj @ Feb 26 2015, 08:57 AM) *

Have you planned your route from Live Oak to Hershey? Will you be stopping in VA?

Richmond... then on to Hershey.

driving.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 26 2015, 08:31 AM) *

Rich, I called last night. Forgot about the whole time zone thing... sorry, you didn't sound amuzed. sad.gif

Herby K's looks "Perfect"!! - Shreveport is in the books.

Any teeners in Amarillo?

Let's nail down a good local Dallas casual dinning spot and get some Dallas/Ft. Worth teeners out there.

If you had called, I would have answered......I always answer, part of the job.
I am also never amused, so that does not surprise me.
Eric_Shea
Gas Monkey looks like a lot of fun... I'm good with that.
wndsrfr
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 26 2015, 06:06 PM) *

driving.gif

Hmmmm......timing? Would be fun to cross paths with you as you come through....& buy you a brew...
Sprovost
Commanders in New Orleans: turtle soup & bread pudding is a must.
ClayPerrine
Betty and I will see you in Dallas at the Gas Monkey Grill.

7pm. All the locals need to show up and enjoy dinner. We checked the calendar and there are no concerts that night.

And we will see you again in Jacksonville for the beach party and the concour.

If you have any problems with the car, I have loads of spare parts available, and I can get access to new parts easy (gaskets, seals, etc...)

Betty is excited about Amelia island. She keeps trying to make it sooner.

Eric_Shea
Awesome Clay.

Hey Gang, the "Kickstarter" campaign is officially live:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=250212

We could use your help turning this into a serious documentary. Looking forward to meeting ya'll (getting in my Southern mode) along the way! beerchug.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 26 2015, 10:01 PM) *

March 8th - 7:00PM - Hoffbrahaus, Las Vegas, NV - Dinner

I get Eric when he is still fresh. sheeplove.gif The rest of you are stuck with sloppy seconds.
dudzy's914
If you want to drive a little north, come up to New England! I (dare I say te youngest owner) will be around to tell my story and show off my teener(s)! I will sweeten the deal with a nights stay in the guest house and a big pancake breakast? chowtime.gif
Or maybe it's best to stay out of the 8 feet of snow up in NE.
-Finn
tumamilhem
This is awesome! I've owned 3 914s and I haven't even driven them out of state. But my LE will be in the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance C&C so would love to be part of the documentary if you're there! smile.gif
Olympic 914
Should be a great trip...

Back in '81 I drove mine from Pittsburgh to visit my brother in Key West. driving.gif

Lots of stories from that trip. happy11.gif smoke.gif aktion035.gif

Stayed for a month. If I didn't own a house back in PA I would have just stayed there.

only problem was a vapor lock on a 100+ degree day in Georgia. coasted it to an underpass, parked it in the shade, got out a blanket walked over to a grassy area and caught some rays while the car cooled off enough to start.

Probably my best vacation ever.

If you have half as much fun, you should go to jail for it. w00t.gif
Rob-O
I'll try to make the Gas Monkey Grill, it sounds like a good time. But I did want to point out that the timing from Amarillo to Dallas may present some issues. If you're in Amarillo at noon, and assuming you're there for an hour, you may be pressing it to get to Gas Monkey by 7:00. Amarillo is an easy 5.5 hour run to Dallas. The traffic around rush hour is a bear, and you'll be plowing through a good portion of it coming from the west. 'Course you are in the teener and it COULD be done quicker, just gotta watch those Buford T. Justice small town sheriiffs. Queue up "East Bound and Down" music here...
Rob-O
Oops double post
flippa
Have a great trip Eric! smile.gif

This is a trip everyone should make! I drove a 914 from Boston to Los Angeles back in 1991 and had a great time.

QUOTE(dudzy's914 @ Mar 1 2015, 04:20 PM) *

If you want to drive a little north, come up to New England! ......

Or maybe it's best to stay out of the 8 feet of snow up in NE.
-Finn

You guys only have 8 feet out your way?
Eric_Shea
Thanks Rob, we'll try to make an early go of it and buy ourselves an hour.
worn
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Feb 26 2015, 03:40 PM) *

If we are still up to our necks in snow I can understand you not coming to Moncton. However, if you do, the first beer and a lobster are on me! It's just up the road a bit from Hershey, well quite a bit! I'm pretty sure I can get you a death defying ride on a snowmobile!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

I can afford you a wakefulness-defying snow bound day in Madison. But I think we are far north of your track. I am trying to get a couple cars of the era up to the same task though. Good luck!
914werke
idea.gif X-country would be Seattle to Jacksonville. stirthepot.gif
anderssj
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Feb 26 2015, 10:27 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 26 2015, 06:06 PM) *

driving.gif

Hmmmm......timing? Would be fun to cross paths with you as you come through....& buy you a brew...

Will try to catch up with you in Richmondo then--assuming I don't make it to Hershey. The car ought to make it that far--and back, hopefully dry.gif

Looking forward to the documentary!

Steve A-

scotty b
I talked to Richmond about your stop today. They said no. unsure.gif
scotty b
unsure.gif
Cuda911
Hey Eric,

I may try to make it to Big Corona Beach in Corona Del Mar for the send off, if I can get my butt in gear.

Quick question: It's a pretty good sized beach... how will I find you guys? Look for a fire pit surrounded by jack stands?

Am I supposed to bring hot dogs, etc?

Parking usually reeks up there during the day, but maybe by that late in the day it will have thinned out.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Mar 7 2015, 12:33 PM) *

Quick question: It's a pretty good sized beach... how will I find you guys? Look for a fire pit surrounded by jack stands?

That would keep Gint away.. but he is in Colorado.

Eric_Shea
Hello Las Vegas!!
We have an entire parking lot of "Conversion Cars"

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
Next to the princess of darkness!

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
Bier!!!

Click to view attachment
Larmo63
Thanks so much Eric and your band of merry men for the great beach gathering Saturday night. I don't know how you guys managed to pull this whole thing off and do the swap Sunday, but it was class and fun. Get some sleep, you'll need it!!!!!
VegasRacer
Eric arrives in Vegas.
VegasRacer
Ernie ready for a restoration.
VegasRacer
Enjoy the adventure guys. Happy motoring. Thanks for dinner.
(several people had real cameras tonight, not just crappy a cell phone, so there should be good photos to follow)
Kansas 914
Is there a Live Event Loader for this somewhere I missed?
stevegm
We are doing daily updates of Eric and Jamie's cross-country trip - http://fourteenermotoring.com
Toast
First time I have ever cried myself to sleep over the 914. :-(
Kansas 914
Eric_Shea
We will be in Flagstaff at 12:30!!!
TJB/914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 9 2015, 02:05 PM) *

Eric,
Be safe and watch out for storms ahead. Keep that beautiful 914-6 clean hissyfit.gif

Tom
cpavlenko
Eric, sorry I missed u at Flagstaff today. Had unexpected call from Ca. about my Dad falling down and going to hospital. I'm at Beuna Park now, and Dad is OK...May b one day I'll take a cruise up your way. Have a good trip, and b safe, and watch out fot the other guy... biggrin.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 9 2015, 12:05 PM) *

I will be in Albuquerque at 330pm
Bulldog9
Eric, when/what is your return trip/route?
scotty b
I'd be willing to take Thursday before Hershey off if enough of you want to come to Richmond and stroke Eric's ego a little more rolleyes.gif

blink.gif ONLY his ego please unsure.gif

icon8.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Steve Pratel @ Mar 9 2015, 12:28 PM) *

Eric, when/what is your return trip/route?

I asked him the same question last night at dinner in Vegas.

He said he is flying home from Florida after the Concourse. He is flying back a month later and driving to Hershey.
Then he is driving back to Utah. aktion035.gif (I didn't ask the route.)

ndfrigi
Is Andy "SoCalAndy" joined Eric and Jaime on this journey? His been with them since saturday night. Not with his beautiful 914-6 but with his SUV. Maybe his carrying all the supplies. Have a wonderful journey to the group and be safe! God Bless!
bandjoey
Ah
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.