Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AKA- Wreck 2015 route 66- Fix is done! Picks page 12
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
boxstr
Just read thrugh you already have one, good for you!
Craig at CAMP
rhodyguy
did the mis-hap happen on ore state hwys 126 or 58?
JRust
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 5 2015, 11:46 AM) *

did the mis-hap happen on ore state hwys 126 or 58?

hwy 58 about 10 miles east of Oakridge.

Thanks Mark on the shrinking disk & misc hammers. I will bring my HF port-a-power & HF hammer/dolly.

Sure appreciate all the help from everyone. One reason I am still into 914's Our community is the best beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 5 2015, 10:57 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 4 2015, 10:07 PM) *

If I had a hand full of tools I would bump that for you at the WCR. idea.gif

Port-o-power set, some scrap 2x4 pieces, assorted hammer and dolly's, grinder to remove some paint, shrinking disk, some bomb can primer to get you home... shades.gif

Oh! and my bulls eye picks.

I've got all but the shrinking disk. I'll go buy one before I head down. I'm all over that Rick thanks. Although I'd like to get it pushed back out enough to get my new bumper on it (thanks Mark). Should I attempt that Rick? I think I can push that corner out without to much trouble. I suppose I can attach the bumper to the one side & zip tie the other to get me down there idea.gif

Sure, go ahead and push that corner back out. Just be careful where you anchor the port-o-power. That area should push easy. I would suggest using the trailing arm as an anchor point and a block of wood on the sheet metal. The back side of the door jamb as an anchor point could prove counter productive but use your best judgment.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 5 2015, 11:53 AM) *

I'll bring my shrinking setup to WCR, as well as my body hammer collection. sunglasses.gif

Mark,

I'll ship you my favorite bulls eye pick and accessories. You may want to copy my swivel target. You can bring it down with you. I can't bring it on the plane.

An Area51Werks/Original Customs tag team joint venture. burger.gif assimilate.gif

Parking lot auto body school! aktion035.gif smash.gif smash.gif
Mike Bellis
I'm trailering mine down and will have a good assortment of tools including a floor jack & jackstands. Let me know if you need me to bring anything specific.
JRust
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 5 2015, 01:19 PM) *

I'll bring my shrinking setup to WCR, as well as my body hammer collection. sunglasses.gif

Mark,

I'll ship you my favorite bulls eye pick and accessories. You may want to copy my swivel target. You can bring it down with you. I can't bring it on the plane.

An Area51Werks/Original Customs tag team joint venture. burger.gif assimilate.gif

I look forward to learning from you. Metal work is a skill I want.
MMW
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 5 2015, 04:19 PM) *

Mark,

Hopefully someone will take pics or video of this.
r_towle
A bunch of drunk guys in a motel parking lot drinking and doing body work......what could possibly go wrong....
JRust
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 5 2015, 02:37 PM) *

A bunch of drunk guys in a motel parking lot drinking and doing body work......what could possibly go wrong....

The drinking will come later. Maybe we can get Jaime there to add to the documentary. What could be more fitting for the 914 experience confused24.gif lol-2.gif
KELTY360
Who's bringing the paint booth?
VegasRacer

I remember midnight welding on a suspension ear in the hotel parking lot in Lancaster at a previous WCC.
McMark
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 5 2015, 04:01 PM) *

Who's bringing the paint booth?

idea.gif
sixnotfour
rest stop Idaho 2009
JRust
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Apr 5 2015, 05:19 PM) *

rest stop Idaho 2009

You just wipe off the overspray real quick or what Jeff?
sixnotfour
it buffed out ....really just hiding grey primer from reducing the huge power antenna hole..back to stock....
worn
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 5 2015, 12:19 PM) *

Mark,

So, i can rent a prius and see how it comes together? Actually not at all sure what i can rent and actually drive. Hopefully stick, but the odds are slim. Still, the price of admission seems very low. How can i loose? My wife just fell asleep.
montoya 73 2.0
Wouldnt be the first time Jamie brought his Teener for some collective love!

Click to view attachment
messix
he redesigned and installed a radiator at wcc too
stirthepot.gif
JRust
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Apr 6 2015, 09:50 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Holy crap Drew! I didn't realize we had ghosts hanging with us too blink.gif
montoya 73 2.0
that's a RoadGlue Pic. I believe he left the shutter open.

WCR 2010 Group and Event photo prints
McMark
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Apr 7 2015, 08:49 AM) *

that's a RoadGlue Pic. I believe he left the shutter open.

WCR 2010 Group and Event photo prints

No. It's ghosts.

IPB Image
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 5 2015, 06:03 PM) *

The drinking will come later. Maybe we can get Jaime there to add to the documentary. What could be more fitting for the 914 experience confused24.gif lol-2.gif

agree.gif thats a great idea!! this is all really cool, too. would be great if you post a few before/during/after pics for those of us east coasters not able to see this in person.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(messix @ Apr 6 2015, 10:47 PM) *

stirthepot.gif

agree.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 7 2015, 12:19 AM) *

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Apr 6 2015, 09:50 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Holy crap Drew! I didn't realize we had ghosts hanging with us too blink.gif

I'm thinking some of those ghosts and gremlins hitched a ride to the car's new home in Florida. shades.gif
JRust
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Apr 7 2015, 11:21 AM) *

stirthepot.gif

agree.gif

LOL! Nice you found those Jeff! Man was Elliot pissed I held up the drive. Guess it's my fault he skips the drive portion now sad.gif . Oh the same of it wacko.gif
914werke
dont forget Troy doing a Bumper backdate in the lot at the Portland WCR
euro911
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 5 2015, 03:03 PM) *

Just saw this thread today. I have a spare set of early trailing arms you can have, but I see you already have a new one.

If Jaime (old school) isn't planning on coming, I'll bring some video eq. and document the repair session sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif

All this specialized tool talk confused24.gif … Actually, you'll only need a buffing wheel, right? poke.gif
brant
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Apr 6 2015, 10:50 PM) *

Click to view attachment

that car looks familiar
only it was nicer then.....
SirAndy
That's a RoadGlue Pic. I believe he left the shutter open.

Why am i the only one who isn't ghostyfied?
blink.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Haha! you didn't move!!!
Chris914n6
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 7 2015, 12:54 PM) *

blink.gif

Camo finding lens technology.
sixnotfour
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 7 2015, 11:43 AM) *

stirthepot.gif

agree.gif

LOL! Nice you found those Jeff! Man was Elliot pissed I held up the drive. Guess it's my fault he skips the drive portion now sad.gif . Oh the same of it wacko.gif

On the second day drive I waited for him on a right turn...He drove right on by.... confused24.gif
76-914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Apr 7 2015, 01:54 PM) *

blink.gif

I thought you'd be jealous! poke.gif That pic looks like one of your Masterpiece's, Andy. av-943.gif
JRust
Up in the lift seems litke my passenger door does have a little larger door gap sad.gif . Either way at WCR I will find out for sure if I need a Cellete pull after all. Think I will be towing it down just in case. Then if I need to drop it at Original Customs. I still have a way home evilgrin.gif
JRust
Didn't get much time this weekend to do much to my car. I did make a trip up to Camp914 to pick up a pair of Replica 8x16 Fuchs. On the way back hit Harbor freight to buy a new port-a-power. Had one a while ago but it died sad.gif . I also picked up my new used trailing arm from my buddy Brent. Dave sent me the trailing arm with a reinforcement plate on it. Wasn't quite finished by the PO so Brent offered to finish it off for me. Thanks bud

So tonight I spent a little while with a wire wheel & some sandpaper. Put a prime coat on & let it dry. Added another coat of prime & let it dry. Did a little sanding with some 150 grit. Sprayed on some black & it's out drying now. Left it under a light to help dry. Going to go flip it over in an hour to spray the other side. Then it will sit overnight. I'll add another coat tomorrow after work.
Mike Bellis
You're running out of time... tick, tock...

WCR is 16 days away... drunk.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Apr 12 2015, 08:56 PM) *

You're running out of time... tick, tock...

WCR is 16 days away... drunk.gif

Yes I know! I've got to get on the ball. Besides the trailing arm I need to put my front strut's back together. Swapping to 3.5" caliper finally. Been waiting to do it. Just need to put it all back together. Plan to put them together tomorrow night. Then back on the car thursday night.
VegasRacer
This is only half a hijack. hijacked.gif I wanted to keep all the carnage together.
Jamie was not the only one to damage their 914 on the way to Palm Springs for the Rt 66 Classic. My transmission started making some unhappy noises on the way to the event. Mine is also now being repaired for the upcoming West Coast Classic.

Transmission out.
Click to view attachment

Transmission apart.
Click to view attachment

This bearing could be the problem.
The ring and pinion also show some damage.
One of the plates is scorched from being overheated.
Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 7 2015, 11:43 AM) *

stirthepot.gif

agree.gif

Me? Pissed? Naaaah! Not possible. smoke.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 14 2015, 10:06 PM) *

This is only half a hijack. hijacked.gif I wanted to keep all the carnage together.
Jamie was not the only one to damage their 914 on the way to Palm Springs for the Rt 66 Classic. My transmission started making some unhappy noises on the way to the event. Mine is also now being repaired for the upcoming West Coast Classic.

Transmission out.
Click to view attachment

Transmission apart.
Click to view attachment

This bearing could be the problem.
The ring and pinion also show some damage.
One of the plates is scorched from being overheated.
Click to view attachment

Crunchy! unsure.gif
JRust
Yowser John sad.gif . Glad you made it back home without more problems. See you in 2 weeks bud. At least you can slum it lol-2.gif in the Cayman if it isn't ready confused24.gif
VegasRacer
Elvira is out of surgery and will be ready to go after a good bath. boldblue.gif
Andyrew
Jamie, If you need any help from me at WCR I'd be glad to help! Ricks a better bodyman than me by a longshot so I wont stand in the way of that. smile.gif

brant
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Apr 21 2015, 10:07 PM) *

Elvira is out of surgery and will be ready to go after a good bath. boldblue.gif

Cool
76-914
QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 12 2015, 07:24 PM) *

Didn't get much time this weekend to do much to my car. I did make a trip up to Camp914 to pick up a pair of Replica 8x16 Fuchs. On the way back hit Harbor freight to buy a new port-a-power. Had one a while ago but it died sad.gif . I also picked up my new used trailing arm from my buddy Brent. Dave sent me the trailing arm with a reinforcement plate on it. Wasn't quite finished by the PO so Brent offered to finish it off for me. Thanks bud

So tonight I spent a little while with a wire wheel & some sandpaper. Put a prime coat on & let it dry. Added another coat of prime & let it dry. Did a little sanding with some 150 grit. Sprayed on some black & it's out drying now. Left it under a light to help dry. Going to go flip it over in an hour to spray the other side. Then it will sit overnight. I'll add another coat tomorrow after work.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
McMark
Waiting for a replacement roller bearing for the one that was dinged up. Should be here today and everything on its way to Jamie today. boldblue.gif
rick 918-S
Packing a few of my favorite tools to ship to McMark tonight. smash.gif
tdgray
That is totally cool of you guys... well done brothers... well done smile.gif
JRust
Yeah the 914 community is the best! I've got parts coming in this week galore. Kinda last minute but what would WCR be like without the last minute fixes. I'll get some pics up as I did get that back corner pushed back close to the right place. Still not perfect by any means. I think it is still destined for some shop time & a Cellete sad.gif . My door gap on the passenger side is a little bigger sad.gif . I do have it on the lift but with the longitude stiffening kit on it. It shouldn't flex I wouldn't think with the top on. I'll do what I can do for now. Then makes some decisions after Rick & all the guys smarter than me get a look evilgrin.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.