Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RIP John Larson, AKA Cap'n Krusty
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Mark Henry
Dang...but I figured the next news on Krusty's condition would be bad news. sad.gif

RIP Cap'n
rmital
RIP John...your advice was always appreciated.
AvalonFal
I am saddened. I always regarded the Captain's posts as the last words on the subject. This weekend, I will do a valve adjustment his way, and in his honor.

Paul
OllieG
This is really sad. I didn't know him but knew from his posts he was a real 914 authority.

Anyone who knew him, I'd love to find out more about his passion for the 914. Perhaps someone could write an obituary...?

Thx.
maf914
I always read the Captain's posts and would laugh at his direct style. He was a great contributor to our board and will be missed.

Rest in peace John Larson, Cap'n Krusty.
bulitt
sad.gif

I have no words...
naro914
RIP Cap'n. We never met, but you're brutal honesty always made me laugh. You will be missed.

914World has some awesome people on here, but there will now always be a hole that will never be filled.
crash914
damn,
Sorry to hear this, I always read his posts. I used to love the back and forth between him and Bhole in the Rennlist days.

I thought of him the other day when I was messing with my Teflon braded brake hoses and using silicone on the 914. Those were fun days...John will be missed.
Kansas 914
I was driving from Durango to Denver yesterday and the route took me through a little town called Santa Maria. I thought of John at that time. Very sad to read the news today.

Godspeed.

jcd914
sad.gif RIP John, You will be missed.

A great loss to our community.

rick 918-S
I was out of town all day and miss this sad news.

I had hoped to meet him at the last WCR but heard rumors he was possibly in a battle. I met many of you. I'll always wonder what I missed not meeting John. Even more reason to try to make it to events and meet friends.

I hate that cancer. That and Colon cancer. Sneaky, deadly, took another one.

Ferg
sad.gif RIP
jfort
Damn! I hate cancer. I only knew him through this community. I wish I had met him in person. I know this -- when you saw a posting by him you took notice and appreciated his wisdom and experience.
Han Solo
He will always live on in his wisdom and knowledge he shared on this forum. RIP.
DBCooper
It feels like things are diminished. I know it's trite, but it's how it feels, something's now missing from the world.
Beach914
RIP Capn.
Rob-O
It may be too soon to give much thought on this, but I do t think a Krusty forum (similar to Lapuwali) is out of the question...
theleschyouknow
aww man, that sucks.
As sad a piece of news as I could imagine about someone I didn't know personally.
I never got the chance to meet him, but like all of us, I gained much from his experience and wisdom and I have great respect for him.
God speed Krusty. Your family and friends are in my prayers.
toolguy
We all honor "His Crustiness" with our own unique remembrances of his
pearls of wisdom. . . Knowing his advice is preserved on this site for some future 'new guy' to find and use
is what he would have wanted in the way of an epitaph.
RIP
76-914
I believe everyone here at World owes John. Period. Can we all step up and collect some funds to buy flowers and offset some of his loved ones financial burdens. If there is a existing fund established or paypal acc't please advise. TIA
MartyYeoman
sad.gif
tdgray
Terrible loss for our community and his family.... God Speed Cap'n sad.gif
scotty b
Knew this was coming but it still is hard to hear. He will be sorely missed by all
bigkensteele
sad.gif RIP, John. You will be missed.
rjames
Really sorry to hear this. sad.gif
Jett
sad.gif John was very kind to me and am sure he is still restoring 914's in heaven, but there is only 6's smile.gif

RIP
peteyd
RIP John,

I had the opportunity to meet John one year at the Phoenix Club swap meet. He was wearing a Cap't Krusty name tag. Very nice guy to talk to and definitely not a crusty man in person.
G e o r g e
RIP Capn
Brian Mifsud
Sad news again... RIP Captain.

Everyone keep healthy.. make the effort and give your bodies the best chance to fight anything that may come along. The older you get the more conviction and resolve you will need to keep your bodies fit. Do it for your families.
Mueller
Someone needs to post a picture of John in his hat, I don't think I've ever seen him at a swap meet or event without a hat!

My wife offered her condolences as well, she had met John and his wife about 10 years ago or longer.

beech4rd
Rest in peace Cap'n and many thanks for all your advice.
brenz
Such terrible news… shocked and saddened. I didn’t know John, but always felt privileged if The Cap’n commented on anything I posted, even if it wasn’t what I wanted to hear.

RIP sad.gif
reharvey
sad.gif Very sad news.
pt_700
very sorry to hear this. my wife and i had the pleasure of meeting him and his wife (who was busy with her knitting) at the parts haven swap meet a few years ago.

my deepest condolences to his family.
JFJ914
Sad news, RIP Capt'n. You were in my prayers and that will continue. Have those 914's waiting for the rest of us!
914outlaw
This is so sad.
RIP Cap'n
you will be missed.
injunmort
sad news, my sympathies to his family.
boxsterfan
I never met you in person Cap'n Krusty, but I will miss you just the same. Thanks for all of your advice on this forum over the years. RIP.

sad.gif
Bob L.
Sad to be sure.

beerchug.gif A toast to the Cap'n. Thanks for all the knowledge you have dropped on everyone here.
relentless
Cap'n, you will be missed. May you always be where the fair wind blows.
toadman
Very sad to hear this. My condolences to his family.

I was fortunate enough to meet John in April of 2013. His posts here on the World, especially in the Garage, always impressed me and I wondered if I would ever get a chance to meet him in person.

I had a business trip to Santa Maria come on my calendar and I contacted John to see if he would like to meet up and talk shop for awhile. Fortunately, he agreed.

I didn't have a rental car on this trip so, after work one day, John kindly picked me up at my hotel. We had a great dinner and conversation at a place he liked, McLintock's, in Santa Maria, and he later dropped me off at my hotel.

He helped many, many people and will be greatly missed.

SLITS
Fair winds John .... I will miss you and your "Krusty" attitude and floppy hat!
jeeperjohn56
sad.gif R.I.P John you'll be missed in the 914World.
HAM Inc
Never met him, but he seemed like an alright guy who knew a thing or two or three. Hate to see him go. I enjoyed his frank style even when I didn't agree with him.

Godspeed.
914Mels
R.I.P. John, keep an eye on us please.
bob
RIP......
KENNY
RIP cap'n.
krazykonrad
Godspeed Capt'n! Truly a library has burned.
Silver Surfer
I'm sorry to hear this. He helped me out quite a few times in diagnosing fuse and engine problems. He was a great resource and an active contributor to our hobby. He will be missed.
Millerwelds
RIP. I shall always remember you fondly every time I adjust my valves using your infamous method. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.