Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RIP John Larson, AKA Cap'n Krusty
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
racerbvd
QUOTE(914itis @ Jun 28 2015, 04:26 PM) *

My Brice is buying a used car for college , the car is at a used car dealership .
She was told that they would only give her a temporary tag . The dealer has to collect all taxes, registration and title fees then send them to DMV, she will get the tag and title in the mail.

The only proof of ownership she will walk out with are the temp docs.
I know that it is true in NY state but want to make sure she's not getting robbed .

Any advice would be appreciated.

R.I.P. Cap, cancer not only takes our teeners & our brothers.
boxstr
RIP JOHN. YOU DEFINETLY WILL BE MISSED.
Craig at CAMP
SteveL
Thank you for being part of our 914 family.
You will be missed immensely.
Rest In Peace.
blackmoon
Rest in Peace, sad, didn't know him personally, but learned a lot from his posts and knowledge sad.gif
saigon71
Cap'n helped me diagnose d-jet problems early on...just because.

RIP Cap'n - your knowledge will be sorely missed on 914world.
Gint
Whoa... I don't even know what else to say having just seen this.
Gint
You could always find John at a swap meet. RIP my friend.
tscrihfield
This site will never be the same. RIP Capt.

Thomas
SirAndy
I'll post this here too, a short video of the Krusty one:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=258906

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLrpM-a9xJg

Mueller
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 30 2015, 12:25 PM) *

Thanks!

Kansas 914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 30 2015, 01:25 PM) *

So glad that Eric and Jaime made that video...
stevegm
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Jun 30 2015, 03:35 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 30 2015, 01:25 PM) *

So glad that Eric and Jaime made that video...

Great way to remember him. RIP Krusty.
StratPlayer
We lost a good one.
bcheney
RIP Cap'n...Our community needs to mourn for a bit...Then we will all find a way to smile, laugh and just be so grateful that we all had the opportunity to be one of your Porsche Brothers...praying for your family now...thanks for all your advice and passion!
TROJANMAN
R.I.P. my friend. You were one of the great ones.
914-300Hemi
R.I.P John you will be missed.
He rebuilt my transmission and went out of his way to pick it up from my house and briought it back after he rebuilt it. He was a great guy to talk to with a lot of knowledge. He played water polo in high school just as my kids did and he would talk about it with passion.

We have truly lost a icon. pray.gif
rudedude
That's a great video! Thanks for posting. He will be missed.
hwgunner
RIP John
Montreal914
You go away for a week and then you read this... sad.gif
I never met him but always appreciated his valuable posts.
Thank you for sharing this video.
RIP Krusty.
orthobiz
I always felt like I had "arrived" when I'd create a thread and Cap'n would weigh in...

Paul
jaxdream
Godspeed dude , you are missed. He could always tell it like it is ,and would tell you what the solution was pray.gif . Is there another that could come close to his shoes ???

Jack
draganc
Never met him in person but always enjoyed his contribution to the club.

RIP Captn!

nattylars
Oldest son checking in.. Thank you all for the kind words about my dad. It was always very clear to me how much he loved what he did both online and in the shop. Very nice to see that all of the sometimes cranky calls about the computer/internet side of things went to very good use!

Attached is a pic of me and my dad on our trip to Colorado in January 2015. This one makes me think way back. I still remember a most memorable road trip when I was just a CHP lookout yelling "faster daddy faster!" from the back seat of a 924 Turbo (upgraded!). Radar was a new thing back then I guess, but the Motorola is what really stopped us in the end(roadblock).

P.S. - Thank you Utah for the ticket I got the day that this picture was taken! I never saw the sign, and I won't soon forget the views!

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(nattylars @ Jul 6 2015, 08:26 PM) *
Oldest son checking in..

welcome.png

Your dad was a pillar of this online community. I'm glad i had the chance to meet him in person on several occasions over the last 15 years.

He will be missed ...
sad.gif
euro911
Still having a hard time with this. Goodby John, it was a pleasure knowing you.
markb
Hi Will! Glad you posted here. Thanks for the pic. I'm also still trying to come to grips with his passing.
EdwardBlume
agree.gif agree.gif
welcome.png
I lost my Dad (who is buried just off 101 in AG) back in 1997, but he lives on through me. The great ones stay with us. God willing, I'll be an old man someday missing his Dad.
Mike D.
Just got home from vacation and saw this. sad.gif Very sad! I spent the time to read through every page. It takes a special person to evoke such emotion a bunch of guys. I would only hope to be so lucky. Living in So.Cal. I was lucky enough to meet John on several occations. He's a great guy and will be missed...
RIP Cap'n...
zymurgist
RIP Cap'n. Will definitely miss your knowledge. sad.gif
markb
I got info for any of you who wish to honor John's memory with a donation.

In lieu of flowers we would like donations made in memory of John to

Mission Cancer Care
Mission Hope Cancer Center
or
Marian Regional Medical Center Foundation
Dignity Health Hospice

Here is the link to make the donations online.
http://www.supportmarianmedical.org/Giving.../MMCFND_M120555
VRROOMM1
sad.gif
Bee Jay
I just found out. I feel Terible. John was on the inside a very considerate friend that always wanted to help. RIP John. And so it goes. West Coast Garage was the coolest place to be. He didn't mind me dropping by to just hang out, no matter how busy he was.
Jgilliam914
I am saddened to just learn of John's passing. 3 years ago he basically walked me through a timing belt replacement on my 951. I appreciated his patience and the car ran flawlessly and still is to this day. You will never be forgotten
Kraftwerk
Just sayin' this place ain't the same w/o the likes of Crusty around here. Late to this info but feeling the loss... always liked reading his posts. When he 'spoke' on these forums I always listened. Thanks to Crusty for sharing so much knowledge with us.
euro911
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.