Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RIP John Larson, AKA Cap'n Krusty
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
jim_hoyland
Rest in peace, we all will miss you and your contributions to the 914 community.
I met the Capt at Jonathan's sale in Santa Maria several years ago. John impressed me as a very articulate, intelligent, compassionate person; in addition to being an encyclopedia of Porsche information
Dion
Godspeed Cap'n. What a great shame to lose him to our hobby.
My condolences to his family. Rest In Peace John.
altitude411
So grateful that gentleman like John take the time to contribute their hard earned knowledge to this forum. Thanks for your time here Cap'n. You will be sorely missed... RIP sad.gif
whitetwinturbo
hissyfit.gif Such a stupid waste....have another friend going down that road too.
Gustl
sad.gif R.I.P.
zambezi
Sad news. RIP Cap'n
So sorry to hear..A GREAT 914 GUY..Rip..
infraredcalvin
I never met him, wished I had, but have learned a bunch from his posts. May his memory live here with his written word.

RIP sad.gif Thoughts and prayers to his family (including his teener family).
jeffdon
Ah, shit.
messix
sad2.gif i hate this part of life
PanelBilly
Good man. I'll miss him.
falcor75
Ohno sad.gif
Chris H.
Very sad news. RIP John sad.gif . Super nice guy and not at all Krusty as many have said. The way he stepped up for his niece when she needed help is a great legacy for him. At least we have his posts to remember him by.
sixnotfour
RIP pray.gif
matthepcat
We can all be so lucky to have left an impact on a community of people like he has. RIP.

Honor him by driving your 914 tomorrow.
Elliot Cannon
I first met John at the Ventura Show at the Ventura County fairgrounds. I used to see him and his wife at the show at the Hilton at LAX every year and many other events. He was far from Krusty in person, easy going, slow easy talker and his Porsche experience and knowledge was second to none. He lived in Santa Maria which is about 60 miles south of me. He stopped by the house about a year ago and we had a nice visit. He and I are the same age, both Air Force veterans from the 60's. Sorry he's gone. He will be missed. sad.gif flag.gif
pilothyer
To John Larson, Captain Krusty: You may be gone, but will never be forgotten. We will sorely miss you. : > (
siverson
sad.gif
mark04usa
RIP, John. The Cap'n helped many of us by sharing what he had learned, and he will be long remembered by us 914 folks.
Rob-O
Might have skipped other posts in a thread, but never his. Always had just the right mixture of expert information with brutal honesty. Sad news to hear of his passing, but we will forever have his posts. Godspeed, Sir!
brant
Rest in peace sir! I owe you for much! Thankyou for all of your help!
pete000
He answered so many of my questions, will be missed...
dlestep
Create a Cap'n Krusty Corner.
Dump all of his posts and responses for everyone to enjoy.
~
Smooth sailin' Cap'n, we are all... just behind you.
aircooledtechguy
sad.gif

Rest in peace John. . . I'm forever grateful for your help and wisdom. Your show of support for my son and I in Bonneville was so kind and genuine. I'm better because I knew you.

Godspeed Cap'n. . .

My deepest condolences to Johns family and friends; you all will be in my prayers. . . sad.gif
JRust
RIP ! Cap'n you will be missed. Thanks for the memories bud. I will treasure your krustiness pray.gif
Michael N
sad.gif R.I.P. You'll be missed.
Krieger
Awesome guy! I learned so much from him. I am very grateful for the knowledge he has passed on to us over the years. RIP
returf
My sympathy goes out to Cap'n Krustys family and his extended 914 family as well. you can see the measure of the man in the way this community is celebrating his life. Thanks for your posts Cap'n
EdwardBlume
Deepest Condolances for a great man who loved his art and craft, shared his knowledge, and cared for his friends. Thank you eternally for your gift of life and Porsche knowledge shared here for us all.

I am native Santa Maria born and the son of an Air Force man. Dads car spent two decades rolling across the Santa Maria Valley while my father taught me to be a man. While I didn't know him as a kid, his posts and presence were home to me, you kind of understand people from your home town, and I will miss him. His life is not only a testament to hard work, but character, which we can humbly note and emulate.

Rest in Peace John, CapN. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

ThinAir
I can't think of anyone on this board who does not have a spirit of helpfulness, but John was clearly in a class by himself. He will be greatly missed. His family is in my prayers.
Mikey914
He will be missed, I loved his brutal honesty. A real 914 guy to the core.
RIP
PlantMan
May God Bless and watch over John's family.

Pancreatic cancer is tough to beat.

I did not know him but enjoyed the information he shared.

Rest In Piece.
Heeltoe914
QUOTE(messix @ Jun 25 2015, 09:07 PM) *

sad2.gif i hate this part of life

agree.gif Happening way to much. RIP. John
914Next
RIP John. I'm new to this forum but am amazed at the respect and admiration you created with friends who knew you both personally and virtually. We should all hope to have the kind of impact in life that you clearly have made.

Steve
Bills914-4
RIP Cap'n & God Bless ,
dlee6204
What a sad loss. RIP Cap'n
carr914
RIP Krusty - Thanks for all you did
Geezer914
I will miss him. He has passed on a great deal of knowledge to us all. I loved reading his posts and enjoyed the humor. RIP John. Pancreatic cancer is tough. Our niece's husband is only 55 and is battling pancreatic cancer. I asked my Dr. about it and he said there is only a 4% survival rate. The problem is, by the time they can diagnose it, it is too late. He told me if you are diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, after you see your Dr., the next person you see is the funeral director to make your final arrangements.
johannes
RIP Captn 914...
Java2570
RIP Cap'n.....John was definitely a pillar of the community. You will be missed by us all.
davep
RIP Cap'n. John was a real asset as far back as the early Rennlist days.
My condolences to his family, friends and the 914 community.
It is sad to see so many of the greats passing. Cap'n, Otto, Warren, Grady, so many others.
BeatNavy
I did not know him personally, but it was a pleasure to do business with him, a gift when he shared his wisdom, and a badge of honor when he corrected you if you did or said something foolish.

RIP to John, and Peace to his family.
michael7810
I've never felt so sad to lose a friend I have never met in person. RIP John
KELTY360
A giant has left us. Most of the time, when we're told something we don't want to hear, we try to discount and refute. When The Cap'n said it...you paid attention.

His technical knowledge was encyclopedic, but more importantly he shared his perspective and knowledge from the earliest days of this amazing little car that brings us together. I will so miss his first person recollections and his "how dare you" honesty. A sad day indeed.

RIP John Larson
VaccaRabite
Sucks.
RIP Crusty, and peace to your family. :-(
Tom
So sorry to hear this. Kept hoping that the next thing I heard would be better news.
RIP Cap'n.
Tom
sb914
Terrible news.Met him at Phoenix club super cool guy.---Rip cap'n

914forme
RIP, the best thing is life is making impact onto others. You Sir did that, you will be missed.

I vote that his build thread be placed in a place of honor so we who knew him can reflect on his accomplishments, and the people who where less fortunate, can see what partially made him such a great person to learn from.

Admins, mind placing it as a classic, at least for a short term in honor. Kinda like lowering the flag in honor of the fallen.
championgt1
Very sad! RIP John. sad.gif
AndyB
I never met the Cap'n personally, however a couple of years ago I had a question that I had sent via pm. John replied in an uncharacteristic way that showed how much he cared. I sent him two bottles of scotch for Christmas that year. He will be missed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.