Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RIP John Larson, AKA Cap'n Krusty
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
markb
It's my sad duty to tell you that our own Cap'n Krusty, John Larson, has passed away from pancreatic cancer. It was my honor to call him my friend.
MDG
Damn it.

Thanks for everything, Cap'n.

billh1963
Terrible news
914Sixer
Whoa!!! Another ones gone.
poorsche914
RIP sad.gif
Mueller
Damn....so sad to hear this, he was truly one of the great ones and will be missed for sure.

dudzy's914
I did not personally know him, but his build thread of his grey Subaru powered 914 inspired me and I followed it with great interest. You will be in my thoughts John Larson and family, rest peacefully my friend.

Finn
rhodyguy
I feared it was something drastic that came on sudden. The was a piece about pancreatic cancer on one of the morning shows. People feel fine one day, bad the next, and the progression is rapid and fatal.

When John explained things, in his special way, I read and paid attention. I'll never forget his generosity when he hosted lunch at his shop during the 05' WCR. Nor his help. My car would'nt start. He walked back to the shop and fetched a wrench. "Tighten the battery terminals". Vroom and off I went seeing John waving in the mirror.
somd914
Though I never had the opportunity to meet him, he earned my respect with his countless contributions to this community. My condolences go out to his family.
76-914
Damnit. sad.gif We lost an icon. Vaya con Dios, amigo.
warpig
RIP Cap'n.
I only corresponded with you a couple of times but you were a knowledgeable and courteous asset to this community. The World will be a little less awesome for your passing. Thank you.
wndsnd
We will all benefit from his advice, especially when adjusting our valves.

abes914
RIP Cap'n. You will be missed!

7TPorsh
sad.gif
cary
sad.gif RIP ........... Capn
snakemain
Terrible. Pancreatic is always bad. sad.gif

Thoughts and prayers are with his family.
turk22
My introduction to the Capt. was valve timing, and although I've only been here a couple of years, it was pretty obvious that the Capt was well respected and loved on this forum.

God Speed Sir. sad.gif
jimkelly
sad.gif already missed.
markb
John with his youngest son, Tim.

Click to view attachment
JawjaPorsche
Our community just lost a treasure..
Mike Bellis
Godspeed Capt.

Very sad... sad.gif
Steve
What a great guy and resource to this site. I have also seen his posts on the other 914 sites. He will be greatly missed!!!
I know he was good friends with JW aka Otto. Hopefully they are both together in 914 heaven discussing old memories.
ThePaintedMan
Well, my World just got a lot emptier. The Cap'n was someone who I respected nearly above all else that I've met in the community. I'm honored that he thought enough of me to share some of his memories, tips, tricks and just generally good conversation over the past year. I told him that I thought we probably we would have gotten along great in person if we weren't so far apart because we both thought a good dose of honesty is really what people need when they're asking for "help" sometimes. He seemed to have gotten a kick out of that.

My knowledge of cars, and the way I see the world in general wouldn't be the same without him... sad2.gif
cpavlenko
RIP Capt. Will miss yor advise.
Tom_T
So sad to hear that about John .... a great guy!

I just lost my aunt to pancreatic last month, so sympathies to his family!

Tom sad.gif
///////
lonewolfe
What terribly sad news! I've only been on this site for 2-3 years but I can say we lost a legend here! While John is on his way to 914 Heaven my prayers are with his family for this tremendous loss! RIP Capn' and Godspeed!
ConeDodger
sad.gif RIP John...
flipb
So terribly sorry to hear it. Always a helpful voice to the less knowledgeable (and that's all of us).

Condolences to his family and close friends.
RIP
gereed75
Terrible news. Condolences to all lucky enough to have known him
RIP
Big Len
Terrible news. So sorry.
markb
John, despite his moniker here, was one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Too nice in many respects. I sometimes think he liked having me around the shop because I wasn't afraid to tell people when they were taking advantage of him. I once cussed out one of his best friends because he got 5k worth of work done to his car for only 2k in price, then was bitching about it. I called him an ingrate, and a few other choice words. John thanked me later, because he may have wanted to say it, but felt he could not.

If any of you folks are on the other Porsche or Audi sites, or other places he used to post, please pass on his passing. I'm not up to doing anyplace other than here.
john77
RIP
Jake Raby
We have certainly lost a treasure... I really respected that man and his views. He spoke from first hand experience, and had a ton of it.

Such a sad day.
Cairo94507
The 914 community suffered a huge loss with his passing. RIP John and may you always be crushing with the top off and the sun shining. Condolences to his family.
Shadowfax
Oh Cap'n my Cap'n. You're one of the reasons I joined the World. Your knowledge and wit will be missed. See you in the next life. Prayers for you and your family.
Johny Blackstain
sad.gif
Never met the man but PM'd him for info many times. Last time it was about the differences between the GA vs. the GB. RIP John.
speed metal army
RIP sad.gif
timothy_nd28
Awful news, RIP John
Old Yella
Met him at the Phoenix Club swap meet. I could tell he wasn't well and decided not to bargain the price down for parts. He seemed like a cool dude my condolences to the family.
SirAndy
sad2.gif
effutuo101
So sad to hear. RIP John
McMark
sad.gif The best 'grumpy guy' ever. Full of knowledge and always ready to help, with a lovable gruff exterior. It's a terrible loss.
URY914
I would ALWAYS read his posts. He was a great guy. Wish I had met him in person.
MoveQik
sad.gif
JeffBowlsby
We were privileged to have known and learned from you John.

RIP and peace to your family.
iamchappy
So sorry to hear this, the Capt owned this forum he will be greatly missed by all of us. I salute you.....
montoya 73 2.0
Had a few conversations with the Gentle-man. Going to miss his insight and knowledge. Sad day indeed, RIP kind sir!
Maltese Falcon
Rest in peace John
Condolences to the Larson Family
StratPlayer
So sad,,,,,RIP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.