Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Allan's (headrage) Engine light off party!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
dlo914
boldblue.gif i'd like to join the festivities...could i get the directions?
redshift
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 6 2005, 12:01 PM)
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Mar 6 2005, 12:05 AM)
But watch Aaron. He is a little too friendly. Kind of like your friends dog, always trying to put his nose in your crotch of ass wink.gif

Sure, Come along!

bite me baldy dry.gif laugh.gif

See?

laugh.gif

M
Allan
I'm not sure if I will be coming down the night before or in the morning but whatever happens I was thinking of getting there around 9 or so. Oh, and I will not need plan "B" after all. Mom's not going to Turkey right away. I hope every body likes stuffed grapeleaves. laugh.gif
Dr Evil
stuffed grapeleaves

Faul madamas (SP?) smilie_pokal.gif
Allan
Arabic huh? That's pretty good.
Dr Evil
I've been around. I know a lot about food. Too much, maybe. chowtime.gif
Aaron Cox
...its on like donkey kong....
skline
So what is the head count so far? How many cars will be here? I have 2 that will be here for sure as they are mine.
MattR
Im in with the tail dragger. I might have time to rebuild the carbs over break (and maybe get the right jets???) so it SHOULD be running on 4 wink.gif
schosser
All,
My trip to LA has been rescheduled, so I won't be able to make the big shindig. I was really looking forward to meeting some fellow 914 addicts. Sounds like there will be more teeners over at skyline's place then there are in all of Tennessee..
Chug one for me,
Bill beer3.gif beerchug.gif beer.gif
teenrookie
What is the current headcount for this?
skline
That is a good question, I am going to guess at around 22 to 25. Think about how that would look, 20+ 914's in one place and its just for a BBQ. I guess that says something about Joe's cooking. Good times, good people and fun cars.

I think there will be at least 4 V8 cars there too and a few other conversions as well. So if you want to see what one can do, looks like, sounds like or drives like, come on out and see.
JB 914
Yep, I need a firm headcount to buy the food on Thursday and do some prep on Friday.

I think we need to get a list of who is bringing what sides, so, we don't get twenty pots of baked beans wacko.gif
Markeydoo
Scott
Is this at your house or Joe's?
Mark
P.S. Just got a ticket for my Blue front lights. Bummer
skline
Its at my house, you are coming right?
dlo914
wavey.gif i'll cover chips and salsa and kind of non-alcoholic beverage should i bring?[I]
Markeydoo
I will be there!!!
Mark
Allan
I'll be bringing a pot of Dolmas (Spiced rice wrapped in grape leaves), Borek (Kind of like grilled cheese with a crunchy thin pastry outside), and what ever kind of beverages everyone would like. beer.gif
Dr Evil
I'm bringing chili (non spicy). chowtime.gif
skline
Well, I just got news that Martin and Alison Baker will be down for the BBQ and D&G. Its going to be one hell of a party!. Should be plenty of laughs and good people. I know Howard will be looking forward to this. He and Alison together will have the crowd in stitches the whole day.

So I need for everyone who is coming to send me a PM so I can get a head count. Going to get the food on Thursday. So please do it by then.

Alison Baker
QUOTE (skline @ Mar 26 2005, 09:53 PM)
Well, I just got news that Martin and Alison Baker will be down for the BBQ and D&G. Its going to be one hell of a party!. Should be plenty of laughs and good people. I know Howard will be looking forward to this. He and Alison together will have the crowd in stitches the whole day.

So I need for everyone who is coming to send me a PM so I can get a head count. Going to get the food on Thursday. So please do it by then.

Hey Scott .Thanks for that warm welcome.and Howie..what mischief can we get up to this year ?
Aaron Cox
whoa.... this is gonna rock.... anyone else?? im betting 25 cars show up smilie_pokal.gif
teenrookie
QUOTE (skline @ Mar 24 2005, 11:31 PM)
That is a good question, I am going to guess at around 22 to 25. Think about how that would look, 20+ 914's in one place and its just for a BBQ. I guess that says something about Joe's cooking. Good times, good people and fun cars.

I think there will be at least 4 V8 cars there too and a few other conversions as well. So if you want to see what one can do, looks like, sounds like or drives like, come on out and see.

This is great!! I am looking forward to meeting everyone and having a fun time.

Unlike Joe...you don't want to taste my cooking, though I do pour a great bowl of Raisen Bran!!

What is needed that I can pick up on the way?

Aaron Cox
hey scott...

am i gonna have to bring coveralls and gloves? or are we letting allan do all the dirty work? biggrin.gif
skline
Well, the idea is to help each other out. I will be helping and I figured you and Matt would too. If nothing else, knowledge is a powerful tool. I also figured others would want stuff done on their cars too. Time permitting, we could get quite a lot done.
Mrs. K
QUOTE (skline @ Mar 27 2005, 09:29 AM)
Well, the idea is to help each other out. I will be helping and I figured you and Matt would too. If nothing else, knowledge is a powerful tool. I also figured others would want stuff done on their cars too. Time permitting, we could get quite a lot done.

laugh.gif Hey, can you guys change the oil on my van while I'm there too? hehehehe lol2.gif

Lisa mueba.gif
Aaron Cox
lets slit his throat rolleyes.gif
skline
Aaron Rocks!!!! he never forgets anyone.....

smilie_pokal.gif laugh.gif

I didnt post this. Aaron is just trying to make himself look good. Hey Aaron, I got a fender over here for you. Its taking up a spot in my driveway. I will get the fender cut off and try to dispose of the rest.
JB 914
I better get a bigger smoker unsure.gif
type47fan
Scott, how much is the City of Costa Mesa charging you for the Special Event Permit, private security guards, traffic control, and porta potties? ohmy.gif
skline
biggrin.gif As far as the city is concerned, its just a little BBQ get together of some of my close friends. I have been prepping my neighbors for the last week or so as to not shock them with all the cars all of a sudden.
Allan
Maybe we can make this a WCC '05 warm-up? I am really looking forward to this. And by the way, I thought Aaron was going to do all the "dirty" work. biggrin.gif
skline
Yeah Allen, I had heard that too. Do you think he is trying to squirm out of it??
mrihop
Aaron is going to send me directions... I'm going to be a little late due to work, but I've got a snack to bring too.
spunone
I'm there for a little bit just to look at all the great work everyone has done to there cars and see what I need to start doing.hope you all don't mind a novice in the crowd.Sorry but my cars on jack stands in the garage with everything torn apart so it's not gonna make it. beer.gif
teenrookie
QUOTE (spunone @ Mar 29 2005, 06:26 AM)
I'm there for a little bit just to look at all the great work everyone has done to there cars and see what I need to start doing.hope you all don't mind a novice in the crowd.Sorry but my cars on jack stands in the garage with everything torn apart so it's not gonna make it. beer.gif

Don't feel bad, I don't even have one to put on jack stands- yet laugh.gif
Brando
QUOTE (spunone @ Mar 29 2005, 06:26 AM)

HAHA! And this is why i'll be parking my beater around the corner, out of plain sight. lol2.gif
JoeSharp
I'm affraid most of us will be parking around the corrner. How many 914s are coming?
biggrin.gif Joe
skline
I am guessing about 20 to 25 cars. You said you were going to bring all of yours, are you still?
Aaron Cox
we are going to stagger the cars (park at a 45 degree angle - like tyhe harley guys) and park across the street by the tennis club
Joe Bob
There WILL be reserved AND valet parking for the SENIOR PORSCHE in attendance right?

I mean....the 911 NEVER parks on the street.....
Allan
Hey Mike, just bring what ya got. If I have to greet ya in pink, then so be it. But remember, there is parking around the corner. wink.gif
JoeSharp
Lets start a pool, and I'll use mine to make my numbers work. Come on how many 914s will show up. I say 22 and I'm in for $5.
biggrin.gif Joe
Howard
Yup, I'll be there. So many of the 'volunteers' for WCC wil be there it will be our last meeting before D-Day.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Howard @ Mar 29 2005, 09:48 PM)
Yup, I'll be there. So many of the 'volunteers' for WCC wil be there it will be our last meeting before D-Day.

if they arent on the list...they ned to be....

joe needs to know how many cows to kill ohmy.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif
skline
He's killing chickens too so we really need a head count. We were talking earlier and he is thinking about 4 or 5 chickens and a couple sides of cow or pig.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Mar 29 2005, 09:59 PM)
He's killing chickens too so we really need a head count. We were talking earlier and he is thinking about 4 or 5 chickens and a couple sides of cow or pig.

40 people... a few bucks in donations per person.... a whole side of beef.... chowtime.gif chowtime.gif laugh.gif
JB 914

I'm still thinking $5 per person. Thanks to Joe Sharp i've already got the Wood and Charcoal smile.gif Plus he and Allan have paid with parts biggrin.gif
skline
Add another one to the list, Richard, (V6914) has requested the address and permission to attend. Its getting bigger all the time.
xitspd
Hey guys! I'm in... Can someone email or pm me with the address and time?
beerchug.gif

Dan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.