Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Allan's (headrage) Engine light off party!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Aaron Cox
Join the socal contingent and watch a new motor get devirginized!
Post if your going to make it..... to plan for food and beverages beerchug.gif
APRIL 2nd - SATURDAY
bernbomb914
sounds like fun to me

Bernie
JB 914
One day, Skline is going to actually ask me before he plans one of these events wacko.gif blink.gif ohmy.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Aaron Cox
QUOTE (joe buckle @ Feb 27 2005, 07:43 PM)
One day, Skline is going to actually ask me before he plans one of these events wacko.gif blink.gif ohmy.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

oh yeah! youre cooking joe smile.gif
MattR
How tough would it be to start up 2 914 engines in one weekend? Ive never been to one of these start up parties...
JB 914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 27 2005, 06:45 PM)
QUOTE (joe buckle @ Feb 27 2005, 07:43 PM)
One day, Skline is going to actually ask me before he plans one of these events wacko.gif  :blink:  :o  ;)  :D  :lol:

oh yeah! youre cooking joe smile.gif

OK. We will can have Beef Brisket. That requires about 14-16 hrs of smoke. i nominate you and Matt to be in charge of temperature and smoke control. bring your boy scout tent and a case of beer, cuz, you ain't sleepin. cool.gif
Joe Bob
Hope there are no more half pants off shots.... bootyshake.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (mikez @ Feb 27 2005, 07:52 PM)
Hope there are no more half pants off shots.... bootyshake.gif

you best be coming zois wink.gif you made it onto the flyer.....and slits misses you laugh.gif
Dr Evil
I'm in! Maybe my engine will be in by then? I am thinking of having some folks over to help me plant my engine in the fertile bed that is my engine bay. boldblue.gif
KaptKaos
I think I am in, need to double check with the work schedule tomorrow and the little misses too, but I think I'll be there.

Joe Bob
Dunno...is this sanctioned by the XXXclub.com? Will admins besides buttbreathe be allowed? Can I bring an assdragger (SLITS) plus a car? Do I have to leave my 9mm at home? Does the gun have to stay in the car? Can I talk smack to SKLINE when the Shaloooom won't start?
skline
I guess I will be here. I have no life anyway but these damn cars lately.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (mikez @ Feb 27 2005, 08:55 PM)
Dunno...is this sanctioned by the XXXclub.com? Will admins besides buttbreathe be allowed? Can I bring an assdragger (SLITS) plus a car? Do I have to leave my 9mm at home? Does the gun have to stay in the car? Can I talk smack to SKLINE when the Shaloooom won't start?

yes....yes...yes...yes.....

you can be yourslef....
Aaron Cox
date change (allans idea...... the following weekend!!!)

APRIL 2nd!
Joe Bob
Only if MrsK and other hotties show..... mueba.gif
MattR
QUOTE (mikez @ Feb 27 2005, 09:14 PM)

didnt you see? I'll be there!
Joe Bob
QUOTE (MattR @ Feb 27 2005, 09:20 PM)

A hottie is NOT someone that sleeps with A-ron.... barf.gif
Lou W
I should be able to make it. cool.gif
swood
QUOTE (MattR @ Feb 27 2005, 09:20 PM)

Ok, since you asked I'll be there. chowtime.gif
Robert21
mueba.gif mueba.gif i will be there , should be fun
if you want me to bring something let me know
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Robert21 @ Feb 27 2005, 11:20 PM)
mueba.gif mueba.gif i will be there , should be fun
if you want me to bring something let me know

good point... do we need to bring anything or like 2 bucks to pay for beef and beer wink.gif
MattR
Pot luck? I'll bring the Pot smoke.gif , who's gonna bring the luck?

Seriously, should we chip in?
Mrs. K

laugh.gif Sounds like fun! I can even bring some home made dessert! chowtime.gif
Toast, are you coming with Slits?

Lisa driving-girl.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Mrs. K @ Feb 27 2005, 11:38 PM)

laugh.gif Sounds like fun! I can even bring some home made dessert! chowtime.gif
Toast, are you coming with Slits?

Lisa driving-girl.gif

does it involve whipped cream and a bikini? laugh.gif rolleyes.gif
Steve
I'll be there.
Let me know if I need to bring anything.
Hopefully I will have the oil leak fixed in my 914 otherwise I will have to bring the tail dragger.
Who needs a japanese car.
Two porsches = one reliable japanese car.
MattR
QUOTE (Steve @ Feb 27 2005, 11:30 PM)
Two porsches = one reliable japanese car.

EXACTLY!

Now if i could get 2 running german cars... rolleyes.gif
JoeSharp
I find that it works better as the numbers grow. With three running you can plan maintaince better. You can pick between the cars as to which one to drive. Spend more time on ther other cars (the ones that don't run). biggrin.gif
Joe
P.S. I'll be there.
Aaron Cox
list updated.... looks like its gonna be a party.... clap.gif

joe, is /L coming?
Twystd1
I will swing by for the food... Then leave.....

Cause I don't want to see another one of Aarons butt crack "Special Moments" again.. OMG.. That was a bad visual...

Conversely.. if Aaron wears a tucked in shirt or overalls... I will stay......

I will only be there for 2-4 hours.....................

Cause I got Teeners to buy and Teeners to fix...

Twystd1
ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
muddboy
I can make it... sounds like a blast.
Allan
I am so looking forward to meeting everyone. So far the only ones on the list that I've actually met are Ron, Joe and Aaron. This is gonna be great. I think I'll have my wife make up some of here Turkish dishes to bring along so you all can get a little culture with your motor oil. biggrin.gif
Brando
Add my name to the list smile.gif
sean_v8_914
if I am in the US, I will come up in mello yellow. dont know yet
Joe Bob
More than likely I will be there....
Aaron Cox
makings of a party....

scott/joe do we need to chip in to buy brew or beef? or is it a potluck or a tip the cook? wink.gif
skline
Well, the pot luck sounds like a good idea, that way there is a variety of food so there would have to be something for everyones taste. Joe will do some beer up the but chickens since they were such a big hit last time and maybe some pork or beef brisket. And if everyone brings a six pack of their favorite beverages, that should be plenty. I will have coolers and stuff here to keep them cold and a grill to heat anything up. Should be fun, the neighbors will be exited for sure. ohmy.gif
Aaron Cox
party chowtime.gif
JoeSharp
A-Aaron: Linda said she would show up.
biggrin.gif Joe
JB 914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 28 2005, 10:25 PM)
makings of a party....

scott/joe do we need to chip in to buy brew or beef? or is it a potluck or a tip the cook? wink.gif

let's see how many are coming and i can figure out how much carcass i'll need and if you guys need to kick in a few $$. For Jared's it was about $150 for all the chicken, pork, wood, charcoal & seasoning/sauce....and we had alot of left overs. Right now i'm thinking right about $100 for everything, so, $5 or less per person.

I can cook all the beef/pork/chicken and bring some BBQ sauce (homemade!)

Everyone else can bring some sides ( Slaw, potatoe salad, ect.)

Aaron Cox
QUOTE (joe buckle @ Mar 2 2005, 01:19 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 28 2005, 10:25 PM)
makings of a party....

scott/joe do we need to chip in to buy brew or beef? or is it a potluck or a tip the cook?  ;)

let's see how many are coming and i can figure out how much carcass i'll need and if you guys need to kick in a few $$. For Jared's it was about $150 for all the chicken, pork, wood, charcoal & seasoning/sauce....and we had alot of left overs. Right now i'm thinking right about $100 for everything, so, $5 or less per person.

I can cook all the beef/pork/chicken and bring some BBQ sauce (homemade!)

Everyone else can bring some sides ( Slaw, potatoe salad, ect.)

sounds like a plan. dont get my BBQ sauce on my shirt joe ohmy.gif laugh.gif
what time should we plan this shindig? smilie_pokal.gif
schosser
All,
I have a business trip to LA planned for 4/1 and will probably stay over for the weekend. Where excatly is this shindig ? I'll be staying in the LAX El Segundo vicinity.
Billl
skline
It going to be south of where you will be about 40 minutes down the 405 Freeway. You can PM Arron and he can give you directions. Hope to see you here.
teenrookie
Is this open for everyone?

I have not met any of you yet, but I live nearby (Anaheim Hills) and would like to recogonize a few faces before WCC, and learn more 914club fokelore.
Aaron Cox
of course!

we like to meet new people!!!!
Dr Evil
But watch Aaron. He is a little too friendly. Kind of like your friends dog, always trying to put his nose in your crotch or ass wink.gif

Sure, Come along!
Allan
I have a question regarding kids at the BBQ. It looks like my wife may have to fly to Turkey on the 29th of this month and it will be me and my daughter bringing the car down. I was wondering if there was a possibility of her being able to meet some new friends in the 9 - 12 age group? Not a problem if there isn't. I have a plan "B".
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Mar 6 2005, 12:05 AM)
But watch Aaron. He is a little too friendly. Kind of like your friends dog, always trying to put his nose in your crotch of ass wink.gif

Sure, Come along!

bite me baldy dry.gif laugh.gif
skline
I dont know of any kids in the local neighborhood, not within this block anyway. Mostly older kids. Joes kids are still very young, mine are all grown up now and in college. You can bring her but I think she might be a little bored. I have a piano if she plays or needs practice. I have TV with satallite with every channel. Or you can dress her in some grubbies and she can fetch tools and parts.
Aaron Cox
we did the Drfiterjay thing at like 10 right????

scott....you make the call
skline
It doesnt matter to me, When ever the people want to start showing up. I will be out in the driveway/garage from about 8 AM on so if everyone wants to start around 9 or 10 that is fine. I will have some donuts out here for early people. I may even have coffee too. I dont drink it but I know most of you all do.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.