Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Visor Rebuild service GB Need 10 sets to do at $115
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
AZ914
Visor cores are in the mail. USPS seems to have some issue with that street and PO Box combo. Not sure why.. hope they get there!
aharder
You should get mine today, UPS shows by the end of the day biggrin.gif
crawler
When I was checking out,it said QTY. Is this for 1 pair @ $110.00 for 2 or is that just for 1 visor?
Kansas 914
QUOTE(crawler @ Aug 21 2015, 05:18 PM) *

When I was checking out,it said QTY. Is this for 1 pair @ $110.00 for 2 or is that just for 1 visor?

Price is for the pair.

I bought 2 sets.
Mikey914
3 pairs showed up today !!! biggrin.gif And Yes it is $25 to have us strip them, we really don't want to and it allows you to see if all your clips are good.
Dominic
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 21 2015, 06:00 PM) *

3 pairs showed up today !!! biggrin.gif And Yes it is $25 to have us strip them, we really don't want to and it allows you to see if all your clips are good.

Paid and mailed off the stripped cores on Saturday, sorry for the delay.
Mikey914
No problem these will hopefully get started this week. Just need 12 sets to get started.
crawler
what address do I use? It was not clear to me.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 14 2015, 01:45 PM) *

Look's like we can do this. I'll keep the thread open for another week or so. I know I always seem to miss someone.
The cores can be mailed to :
914Rubber.com
21300 NW Cornell RD PO Box 6
Hillsboro, OR 97124

You will need to strip or the fee will apply.

I'll open up the GB on the site shortly, so you will need to identify your shipment so I can match them up when I open it up.

USPS add box #6, for any other service we are Unit 904.
Thanks
Mark
Shredhead
Mark,

I put in an order for one pair but want to make it two pair (both stripped). If you tell me what I owe, I'll include a check for both pairs. Will mail tomorrow.

I also have a single visor if anyone needs one (have to check which side).

Kevin Clark
mepstein
QUOTE(Shredhead @ Aug 28 2015, 08:53 AM) *

Mark,

I put in an order for one pair but want to make it two pair (both stripped). If you tell me what I owe, I'll include a check for both pairs. Will mail tomorrow.

Kevin Clark

side doesnt matter once you strip them
Kansas 914
Mark,

I put 2 stripped visor core sets in the mail yesterday. You should have them Tuesday. I already put the order in for 2 sets on the website.

I put a copy of the order in the box with the cores.
pvollma
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Aug 29 2015, 09:35 AM) *

Mark,

I put 2 stripped visor core sets in the mail yesterday. You should have them Tuesday. I already put the order in for 2 sets on the website.

I put a copy of the order in the box with the cores.

I sent my visors and a copy of the online order via UPS last week, UPS shows they were delivered Friday. I've sent two emails and left a phone message this week asking how to pay for them, but have yet to receive any response.
RoadGlue
You need to pay via his website:

http://www.shop.914rubber.com/914-visor-re...m?categoryId=-1
pvollma
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Aug 29 2015, 11:53 AM) *

Following his earlier instructions, instead of paying online, I selected "Print and call" so I had the order sheet to include with the visors. Your link takes me to the order page, which I suspect will enter a new order not associated with the one included with the visors. Also, his posts here set the charge at $25 for sending covered visors (which I did), but the order page at the time I entered the order set the charge at $10. I need to communicate with 914Rubber.com to find out my total, and to pay for the order. I printed, I called, but have yet to receive a response.
JoeD
My stripped visor cores are on their way, along with a copy of my invoice and check. Thanks!!!
relentless
I sent the metal frames last week and paid on the 914rubber web site. Any idea what the timeframe is for these?
Mikey914
QUOTE(Shredhead @ Aug 28 2015, 05:53 AM) *

Mark,

Kevin Clark

Must place the order on the site, address for check is
Whitesell Architectural Supply
21300 NW Cornell Rd box 6
Hillsboro OR 97123
If it's no processed through the site we can't keep them in order and track.
We have 12 and are starting them.
Mark
Mikey914
QUOTE(relentless @ Aug 29 2015, 12:09 PM) *

I sent the metal frames last week and paid on the 914rubber web site. Any idea what the timeframe is for these?

Some to start shipping late next week to wrap up in about 21 days.
Mark
MJHanna
Finally got my frames sent to me I went on line to create the order on 914 rubber and the price is now $180.00. blink.gif I guess I missed the window?? confused24.gif
Mikey914
No, The window is open til the end of the month or until all done. We had to get more mirrors made up as the ones I had were damaged. They'll be ready this next week. I did have a few that were good that will be shipping out Tue.
Mark
Shredhead
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 4 2015, 12:35 PM) *

No, The window is open til the end of the month or until all done. We had to get more mirrors made up as the ones I had were damaged. They'll be ready this next week. I did have a few that were good that will be shipping out Tue.
Mark

Still working on them?
Mikey914
The majority of them will be done this next week. We had to do up more mirrors as the ones I had had got damaged. So the 10-12 sets will be going out this next week with the rest the following. If they are not here by mid next week you might miss out. I will be wrapping this up them.
e_artiles
I made the visor rebuild purchase on your website. I am sending the cores and a check by USPS today. Just wanted to verify the ship to address as:

914Rubber.com
Hillsboro, OR 97124
Mikey914
QUOTE(e_artiles @ Sep 21 2015, 01:46 PM) *

I made the visor rebuild purchase on your website. I am sending the cores and a check by USPS today. Just wanted to verify the ship to address as:

914Rubber.com
Hillsboro, OR 97124

Yes.
Please make sure we recvieve no later than Thursday. We are trying to close this out. Should have about 7 sets going out Friday and about that many until we are complete. so 3 weeks they will all be done, if I have by Thursday. It took us longer as the mirrors I had were damaged and we had to do more up. They are all done, and we are moving forward full speed.
Mark
Blue6
Mark, just checking, have all the visor sets been shipped out?
Mikey914
No,
We had many stragglers and ran the 1st 20 and are shipping out. We are delayed in that we have to search each order to check to see what needs to be consolidated. We will not be offering this in the future as it slows the process significantly. We are running more this next week and we still waiting for some. We may have to send refunds if not received.
mark
JmuRiz
I wish there was a way to get you a bunch of cores so you could make them and just have them for sale when you have stock...no core needed.

But I'm guessing cores are too hard to come by for that.
relentless
Got mine last Saturday and they look terrific!
RoadGlue
Excited to find out if you received the cores that another member sent you over a month ago. Sent a few PMs Mark but haven't heard back. Realize you're busy. Paid up front, realized I didn't have cores, paid another member decent money for cores, there was a shipping problem and I have no real confirmation that you've received my cores or that I'll be getting a set of visors. Just nervous. Perhaps I've had too much caffeine today! :-)
AZ914
I received my visors the other day and they look great!! Thanks guys!
Mikey914
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Oct 15 2015, 10:18 AM) *

Excited to find out if you received the cores that another member sent you over a month ago. Sent a few PMs Mark but haven't heard back. Realize you're busy. Paid up front, realized I didn't have cores, paid another member decent money for cores, there was a shipping problem and I have no real confirmation that you've received my cores or that I'll be getting a set of visors. Just nervous. Perhaps I've had too much caffeine today! :-)

Drop Blake a call tomorrow, 855-914Guys. I know he has more to ship out. He also has a detailed spreadsheet of who paid, when the cores came in and when we shipped. I'm on the road til late Monday.
Mark
mepstein
Mark - do you have time to make one more. Looking for a set of naked. I can ship cores right away. I can probably dig up one or two more sets of cores if you want them for your stock - $n/c to you. Let me know. Thanks
EdwardBlume
I missed this the first time around and would love to get in too. NBD if its a "no".

Let me know if Randy still owes a core set. I'm not the member he's referring to, but I can send you a set for him if needed.
RoadGlue
Aww, you guys give me the warm fuzzies (pretty sure that's not an STD...). Thanks RobW!

Mark - I'll call up to the shop today.

Cheers,

Randy
Shredhead
IGNORE THIS, I FOUND PINS...

Hi Mark,

I got my two sets and they look fantastic. Only problem is that I'm missing two pins? I realize now that they probably should have stayed with the brackets, but I think I shipped them with the stripped visors. If they are laying around on the floor of your shop I wouldn't mind getting them. If not I can probably track down a new set.

Kevin
RoadGlue
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 15 2015, 09:20 PM) *

QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Oct 15 2015, 10:18 AM) *

Drop Blake a call tomorrow, 855-914Guys. I know he has more to ship out. He also has a detailed spreadsheet of who paid, when the cores came in and when we shipped. I'm on the road til late Monday.
Mark

Called and left a message last week and haven't heard back. Didn't know which dept. to leave the message with so I hunted around on the phone tree and left a message with "Production" (I think).

Anyways, still not sure if you have my cores. You have the funds as I paid for the order right away.

Thanks Mark.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Oct 19 2015, 03:17 PM) *

Called and left a message last week and haven't heard back. Didn't know which dept. to leave the message with so I hunted around on the phone tree and left a message with "Production" (I think).

Anyways, still not sure if you have my cores. You have the funds as I paid for the order right away.

Thanks Mark.

I always email Blake at: blake.914rubber@gmail.com
RoadGlue
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Oct 19 2015, 02:21 PM) *

QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Oct 19 2015, 03:17 PM) *

Thanks Mark.

I always email Blake at: blake.914rubber@gmail.com

You are awesome. Thank you.
daraho9146
Just installed mine yesterday. These are great. Thanks.
RoadGlue
Blake got right back to me via email. My cores are there (whew!) and in the queue.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Oct 19 2015, 04:27 PM) *

Blake got right back to me via email. My cores are there (whew!) and in the queue.

aktion035.gif
RoadGlue
Still haven't received my set. I heard there was a delay for those that didn't want mirrors, but that was weeks ago. Status update?
dlee6204
Still haven't received mine either

confused24.gif
AZ914
QUESTION:

Anyone having an issue installing these? I cannot get the passenger visor to stay in the 'up' position, either forward or backwards. It will slowly sag down. I've tried to snug the screws up to the pins as hard as possible, I've tried to shim the pins with some electrical tape thinking the metal bracket is too loose, etc. No luck. The drivers side stays up 'pretty-well' but can start sagging when hitting bumps.

Ended up breaking one of the pins off, so now I'm SOL.

Anyone else have this issue or a suggestion?
Mikey914
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Nov 11 2015, 08:11 PM) *

QUESTION:

Anyone having an issue installing these? I cannot get the passenger visor to stay in the 'up' position, either forward or backwards. It will slowly sag down. I've tried to snug the screws up to the pins as hard as possible, I've tried to shim the pins with some electrical tape thinking the metal bracket is too loose, etc. No luck. The drivers side stays up 'pretty-well' but can start sagging when hitting bumps.

I'm betting the screws were not cut quite short enough. You can file off about 1/16" I do have the old ones I can return but they are not a pretty.
Drop me the name in a PM I'll get you a new visor clip.
Mark
Mikey914
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Nov 10 2015, 10:27 AM) *

Still haven't received my set. I heard there was a delay for those that didn't want mirrors, but that was weeks ago. Status update?

These are now all complete! they are mailing out in the next day so everyone will have them in a few days.
Thanks for your patience.

We have also acquired some cores that we will be doing up to have these on the shelf. We will charge a premium for the core as we do want to get the old ones back to keep this going. These will be stocked in the next week.
Thanks,
Mark
AZ914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 11 2015, 10:03 PM) *

QUOTE(AZ914 @ Nov 11 2015, 08:11 PM) *

QUESTION:

I'm betting the screws were not cut quite short enough. You can file off about 1/16" I do have the old ones I can return but they are not a pretty.
Drop me the name in a PM I'll get you a new visor clip.
Mark

Ah.. ok, that makes sense. If the screws are a bit too long on mine, they won't allow the ring to snug up. I will give that a try.
pvollma
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Nov 12 2015, 12:11 AM) *

QUESTION:

If you have the mirror style like I do, the flap that covers the mirror on the rebuilt visor is significantly thicker than the original, especially at the "hinge" where it attaches to the visor. The hinge area hits the rubber at the inside top of the windshield before the visor can be placed in the fully up position. I don't know whether this is a design flaw or an attempt to improve the durability of the hinge.
Mikey914
We did beef up the "hinge" as you can see the OEM ones came off as the plastic got brittle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.