Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Build-off Challenge - Organizational Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
stevegm
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Oct 6 2015, 08:19 AM) *

The font grew(more bold?) in the last one, make it the smaller like the first ones and I think its perfect

Not sure what you mean. The - Challenge - is the same font as before. And the - Build-Off - is the same font as the - Challenge - in the new one.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(stevegm @ Oct 5 2015, 08:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Oct 5 2015, 06:19 PM) *

Not a fan of the build off fan font just being stuck there. If you made the "Challenge" ribbon taller and "Build Off" in the same font I think it might look better.

Interesting suggestion.

This one rocks.
madmax914

Not a fan of the build off fan font just being stuck there. If you made the "Challenge" ribbon taller and "Build Off" in the same font I think it might look better.

Interesting suggestion.

Yes, this look great!
AndyB
Steve it's your competition so ultimatley the final say is yours. I don't have a preference. This reminds me of the Hershey Shirt with all the opinions. Mine will be stained have holes and grease. But I will still wear it.

Andy
stevegm
QUOTE(AndyB @ Oct 6 2015, 12:56 PM) *

Steve it's your competition so ultimatley the final say is yours. I don't have a preference. This reminds me of the Hershey Shirt with all the opinions. Mine will be stained have holes and grease. But I will still wear it.

Andy

I hear you. Mine too. biggrin.gif I mainly wanted to get someone else to eyeball it and let me know if I missed anything. We are gonna go with the last one. Let the screen printing press run, so we can all get back to building our cars. I know I need to.
AndyB
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Sep 30 2015, 09:45 AM) *

I think your being far to specific with the categories.

I believe that for the points system you need to do the following:

Each participant gave 5 aspects of their build, lets judge each one individually based on those aspects and a 1-10 rank based on progress, difficulty, and workmanship. For each voting period only the top two categories will be added up for each individual (judges will vote on all 5) to encurage a streemlined focus from the builder and continuity for your articles. This gives a total possible 60 points per voting round. Final round will be all categories.

Simple and effective.

Bonus systems could be used but I would keep them to "early finish", "first done", "documentation", ext. Nothing specific to the build.

This prevents all the uneccesary and unfair category system and lets the individual have their own category system.

I actually agree. All work that was done prior should be null and void, this way there is an even playing field. Start all judging effective 1 October. Then we don't have to hear about how well I am fabbing this or I have done a lot in the past two years. All that gets wiped. And maybe George will finally send me that T-shirt that he still owes me for the past 3 years.
Andyrew

Interesting suggestion.

Actually looking at it on the computer vs my phone that looks pretty good smile.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(AndyB @ Oct 6 2015, 02:00 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Sep 30 2015, 09:45 AM) *

I think your being far to specific with the categories.

I believe that for the points system you need to do the following:

Each participant gave 5 aspects of their build, lets judge each one individually based on those aspects and a 1-10 rank based on progress, difficulty, and workmanship. For each voting period only the top two categories will be added up for each individual (judges will vote on all 5) to encurage a streemlined focus from the builder and continuity for your articles. This gives a total possible 60 points per voting round. Final round will be all categories.

Simple and effective.

Bonus systems could be used but I would keep them to "early finish", "first done", "documentation", ext. Nothing specific to the build.

This prevents all the uneccesary and unfair category system and lets the individual have their own category system.

I actually agree. All work that was done prior should be null and void, this way there is an even playing field. Start all judging effective 1 October. Then we don't have to hear about how well I am fabbing this or I have done a lot in the past two years. All that gets wiped. And maybe George will finally send me that T-shirt that he still owes me for the past 3 years.

You are correct. Only work that is done between October 1, 2015 and September 14, 2016 counts in the Challenge. We collected a list of needed work and photographs from each Challenger before the Challenge started. Yes, someone could cheat. But, . . . .
Chris914n6

Interesting suggestion.

"Build Off Challenge" could be thinned, it's overpowering.
The front wheel well looks round when it's actually more like the rear.
The body line under the targa bar isn't straight, it rises up and comes back down.

Otherwise I think it's a really sharp logo design. beerchug.gif
dudzy's914
I think it should have "build off" in the ribbon instead of challenge, that would make a nice shirt. Nice job Steve!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.