Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Magnus Walker 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
matthepcat
Looks like the camber on my 914. Lowered at high performance house by the previous owner. He said " Rich lowered it as low as it will go".

Hella flush, wrong figment crew!

smile.gif

QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 13 2016, 07:36 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 13 2016, 05:55 PM) *

There's a lot of negative camber in that rear wheel...

I agree looks like a solid 3 degrees. I wonder if the trailing arm or the ear is bent/rusted.

euro911
QUOTE(396 @ May 13 2016, 11:36 AM) *
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ May 13 2016, 11:07 AM)
Isn't the search for a 914 fun? There's been a lot of attention given towards the 914 in the last few years. I will forever kick myself for not buying one 10+ years ago but if I don't get one now, I probably never will.
I know what you're talking about, I don't have one but it's fun to surf this forum.
Yeah, but you probably have enough parts to build one from scratch, Peter poke.gif
euro911
Give the guy a break ... after 10 years, the 'BB' still isn't exactly what I'd like it to finally be like confused24.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 13 2016, 06:55 PM) *

There's a lot of negative camber in that rear wheel...

I've seen a camera lens do that on cars pictured in this site and other examples. May not be the car... then again I wasn't there. confused24.gif
somd914
I've been avoiding this thread knowing it would be filled with more negative than positive comments as most Magnus threads on any forum are. But curiosity finally got the better of me...

I believe if an active World member built this car and posted it, the responses would be more positive and fewer. Personally I like it, would I build one like this, probably not, but I like what I see.

Disclaimer - I'm not a fan of Magnus, never met him, don't care if I do, and won't get a picture with him and post it if I do, but I have no reason to dislike him either, nor do I understand all the hype.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(somd914 @ May 14 2016, 06:55 AM) *

I've been avoiding this thread knowing it would be filled with more negative than positive comments as most Magnus threads on any forum are. But curiosity finally got the better of me...

I believe if an active World member built this car and posted it, the responses would be more positive and fewer. Personally I like it, would I build one like this, probably not, but I like what I see.

Disclaimer - I'm not a fan of Magnus, never met him, don't care if I do, and won't get a picture with him and post it if I do, but I have no reason to dislike him either, nor do I understand all the hype.

agree.gif I wasn't going to post here either. I was kind of thinking the same thing myself. There seems to be more and more of this lately. I'm guilty of it myself. I'm no saint. But I wonder how the replies would have gone if MW posted the car himself. To me the car looks very typical of what many of us do to our cars. Maybe MW will post some build photos someday.
Cracker
somd914
QUOTE(Cracker @ May 14 2016, 09:16 AM) *

Gents: First, there is a big difference between "us" and MW...we are posting here and he is not. Secondly, somehow, people (some) have held him up on a pedestal - for which I cannot fathom. The thoughts were (again, some) "I can't wait to see what he does with a 914!". He did nothing.

My biggest issue with MW is his antics placing all of us (and our children, wives, friend and family) in jeopardy! BTW, if MW does post himself, I'd tell him to grow up, act like an adult, stop dragging 914's into bad form with his poor judgement (stick with 911's), get a F****** haircut and then - goodbye.

Phase #)(*)(& doesn't mean crap to me - he played his cards and I guarantee you he is more interested in selling wheels to teeners than building them. You are being played for a fool - whoever posted the picture of his car is playing his game. Promotion of his business.

I said it before and this is the last time I'm posting on this and perpetuating this dumbass (when you document via video putting innocent lives at risk...I'm being KIND to only call him this!) - move on, nothing to see here except a commercial.

T

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 14 2016, 09:00 AM) *

QUOTE(somd914 @ May 14 2016, 06:55 AM) *

agree.gif I wasn't going to post here either. I was kind of thinking the same thing myself. There seems to be more and more of this lately. I'm guilty of it myself. I'm no saint. But I wonder how the replies would have gone if MW posted the car himself. To me the car looks very typical of what many of us do to our cars. Maybe MW will post some build photos someday.

I don't disagree, my point is why are so many paying attention to him, especially if they don't care for him?
two914-6s

That's cool

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 12 2016, 07:04 PM) *

ya well this a lightened handle...doodle doooooooooo

EdwardBlume
I like the guy. Met him only once. Seems to love our cars and driving. Self made man if you watch his Ted talk. No haircut required. I covet no man and only stand toe to toe with the dishonest ones. I have no reason to dislike MW. I hope he does post someday.

Another guy whom I hold in high esteem has a kick ass outlaw 914, loves to drive, is a self made entrepreneur, wears his hair anyway he likes, and is a stand up guy.... His name is Andy.
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(RobW @ May 14 2016, 09:47 AM) *

Another guy whom I hold in high esteem has a kick ass outlaw 914, loves to drive, is a self made entrepreneur, wears his hair anyway he likes, and is a stand up guy.... His name is Andy.

agree.gif ..and I haven't even met the guy yet. Someday.
nathansnathan
I was checking out his 277 car a few years ago at cars and coffee. I could tell by his body language he didn't want anything to do with a guy wearing a suit. Hipster snob has his own preconceptions about image.

The 914 looks kinda ghetto; bothers me the rear spoiler isn't black, or the headlight covers. That front spoiler makes it look like jc whitney built it. tongue.gif
sixnotfour
QUOTE(Mueller @ May 13 2016, 07:05 PM) *

I visted the North Carolina Auto Racing Hall of Fame today and thought of Magnus when I saw this placard in front of a sprint car:

Click to view attachment

He earned his title from racing results and hippie appearance...
different from todays, made money= collecting ability and street antics

don't get me wrong Ive chatted with him, he is genuine ,and equally enthusiastic Porsche collector. and one heck of a self promoter.

great read on Jan

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/54711-j...outlaw-part-one
TJB/914
QUOTE(Cal @ May 13 2016, 10:08 PM) *

He might not be everyone's cup of tea but he does bring world wide attention to the 914. How many other 40+ year old cars are getting this much attention? He has over 250K followers on Instagram alone. Whether you like it or not.....it's great for our hobby.

To all you nit-picker's out there barf.gif Stop it and look what MW brings to 914-world. popcorn[1].gif The guy gets things done and off jack stands. stirthepot.gif

MW is advertising our 914's and raising 914 values smilie_pokal.gif He is a good 914 friend.

Tom
Mike Bellis
I'm not ready for 914 values to go up, I still want to buy more...

MW is a very nice guy that happens to be rich and into Porsche's. He remembered me 1 year after I met him before he saw my car again. Very down to earth guy. I think there are a lot of haters here. If anyone else had modified a red 914 with a black hood, they would have received mostly compliments and the haters would have been quiet. Since MW is a public figure, the haters feel compelled to critique everything he does.

I hope he doesn't join this site because all he will see is people blasting him. Enough already.

I think his rims look good in some colors but are too expensive for me and most CSOB 914 owners to buy...
Cracker
I said I wouldn't post anymore on this but since there apparently are some very daft people posting on this topic - they leave me no choice.

GEEZ! WHEN SOMEONE PUTS, REPEATEDLY, OTHERS LIVES AT RISK AND IS NOT THE LEAST BIT APOLOGETIC - THEY ARE A THREAT! EVEN WORSE, AS MENTIONED BY OTHERS HERE (IN HIS DEFENSE AND THEIR POTENTIAL GAIN) HE HAS A LARGE FOLLOWING. THIS ONLY MAKES IT WORSE BECAUSE OTHER IMPRESSIONABLE YOUNG ASSHOLES COULD THINK THIS HORRID BEHAVIOR IS OK OR COOL. IT IS NOT.

IF MW IS SO RICH - KEEP THE DRIVING ANTICS AT THE PROPER VENUE. I DON'T QUITE KNOW HOW HARD THIS IS FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND - THOSE WHO DEFEND HIM. IT IS NOT HIP TO KILL PEOPLE JUST MOVING ABOUT THEIR LIVES.

I WAS 22 YEARS OLD WHEN SOME IDIOT TOOK MY DAD FROM OUR FAMILY - 2/93. HE IS JUST ANOTHER ONE WHO HAPPENS TO LOOK HOMELESS. MY WIFE AND TWO CHILDREN NEVER KNEW MY FATHER AND VICE VERSA. THIS WAS TWO NIGHTS AGO...MY DAUGHTERS DANCE RECITAL. TWO-MONTHS AGO I SURPASSED MY FATHER'S AGE AT TIME OF HIS DEATH - I AM 45.

AND YOU THINK BECAUSE HE REMEMBERS NAMES OR INCREASES YOUR 914 VALUE HE'S A GOOD DUDE. WHO ARE YOU FOOLING? YOURSELVES. SOME SAY THEY HAVEN'T MET HIM - I DON'T HAVE TO IF YOU'RE SAVVY ENOUGH TO WATCH HIS YOUTUBE POSTS. HE'S A F**** IDIOT - I HOPE HE COMES HERE AND SEE'S THIS TOO BUT HE APPEARS SELFISH ENOUGH TO MAKE NO DIFFERENCE.
rick 918-S
Cracker, I suggest you find a place that makes you happy and go there. Your continual negative comments are getting old. This isn't the only thread you seem to find distasteful. We do have rules here. Very few but some. Name calling is on that list as far as I know. Time for some self reflection.
euro911
Sorry for your loss.

I can always tell when a new 'Fast and Furious' movie has been released ... the rice-rocket activity increases dramatically mad.gif
ssuperflyoldguy
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 14 2016, 08:16 PM) *

Sorry for your loss.

I can always tell when a new 'Fast and Furious' movie has been released ... the rice-rocket activity increases dramatically mad.gif

Sorry for your loss Cracker - Amen, Fast n Furious is the real enemy, we all drive over the speed limit.
Rand
I'm sad to see so many comments that feel like they are from another forum. The negative BS here is getting less and less like what our 914world has been about, and more like the pinky lifter or ricer forums.

Why would anyone feel the need to rag on Magnus during his phase 1? Why not be supportive, as we all enjoy doing our own things to these cars. Why not withhold judgement and ragging until you see what phase 2 will be? Or 3, or 4? There are 1000 other projects on here that deserve ragging on more than what he has done to his car.

If a Joe Blow member of this forum shared his progress thread and it looked exactly like this, we would be supportive and encouraging and excited to see what's next. So is Magnus a less valuable human than Joe Blow? Just because he is high profile, is it right for us to target him with all the BS that looks like what ignoramus idiots post on Youtube comments?

Whatever. I DON'T like everything he does, and I'm guilty of making fun of his stupid crash into the back of a parked semi trailer in front of the media. But let's dial back the seemingly irresistible need to bash him and be interested in seeing what he does next?

I don't give a shit about anyone's need to feel superior about their opinion of how awesome they are and how lame everyone else is. I do care about anything anyone is doing to make a 914 into something THEY feel is awesome. (And yes, that includes you, Cracker Tony - I love your work even though I flicked you some shit about your attitude - which I hope you took in stride as one guy to another in the garage. I'm over that BTW and love your beast in progress!!)

There's a big difference between poking fun in the garage with friends than saying derogative shit about others outside "our own" garage. Let's not get cliquey.
r_towle
Feel free to rag on my car, I am currently working on phase 1C of a multiparty build.

Actually I have three going at the same time, all in phase one...
Rand
Dammit Rich, is that a chip on the paint near your door handle? Get it fucking right, ya tool. You clearly don't know shit around here.
tongue.gif
mgp4591
I have never, repeat NEVER, seen another member of our motley crew drive over the speed limit or in a semi illegal manner.... lol-2.gif
Rand
True, a band of fools. But then there's semi illegal fooling around out of control into a parked semi trailer in front of cameras galore when you know you are being filmed. blink.gif You know, just to bring balance back to the Magnus thing.

Still want to see what he does before his final 914 judgement day. wink.gif
somd914
So we've gone from a car community to a tabloid...

Sure, we are passionate crowd, sure sometimes we have our "explosions" on other members (myself included on a few occasions unfortunately), but I agree, let's not degenerate to the likes of others forums I've seen where disrespect is the norm.

And does it matter that Magnus doesn't play on the World as some have mentioned? We are not the only community involved with 914s, social media in general is vast, let him play where he wants to play. And by reading many of the posts, he isn't welcome here if wanted to join.

As for driving over the speed limit, if I could get the car off the lift, I'd try to get to the speed limit...
maddin
The moment he puts another picture of his 914 up it'll all start over again.
I'll stop reading posts about him,unfortunately it always turns ugly.
Cracker
Rick - very sad commentary indeed...I feel bad for you Sir. I've heard its cold in MN - I guess its true.

T

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 14 2016, 10:15 PM) *

Cracker, I suggest you find a place that makes you happy and go there. Your continual negative comments are getting old. This isn't the only thread you seem to find distasteful. We do have rules here. Very few but some. Name calling is on that list as far as I know. Time for some self reflection.
euro911
914 World IS the best forum for 914s. Let's try to keep it that way gents.
rhodyguy
I'll try.
Mueller
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ May 14 2016, 10:22 AM) *

QUOTE(Cal @ May 13 2016, 10:08 PM) *

He might not be everyone's cup of tea but he does bring world wide attention to the 914. How many other 40+ year old cars are getting this much attention? He has over 250K followers on Instagram alone. Whether you like it or not.....it's great for our hobby.

To all you nit-picker's out there barf.gif Stop it and look what MW brings to 914-world. popcorn[1].gif The guy gets things done and off jack stands. stirthepot.gif

MW is advertising our 914's and raising 914 values smilie_pokal.gif He is a good 914 friend.

Tom

He's a retired multi-millionaire... He has the time and the money! smile.gif

Front yard mechanic
I wish. Had a chip on my door

rick 918-S
QUOTE(Cracker @ May 15 2016, 08:11 AM) *

Rick - very sad commentary indeed...I feel bad for you Sir. I've heard its cold in MN - I guess its true.

PS: To those who I might have offended by "generalizing" a group of people as "daft" - I hope this accusation doesn't cause great distress and induce years of therapy. To members here - that is the extent of the "so called name calling". Our family has paid a high price - I hope reasonable, intelligent people will understand my emotion as it relates to unbridled recklessness.

T

Really? Read you post man. Your off the rails. Effin "A" hole about a guy you never met? Ditch the fake halo. Nice to be able to live in your glass house. Someone get me a rock... screwy.gif

Cold? You know nothing about the things I do and what I have done here on world and other places in my life. I don't really want your sorry sideways insincere apology. Just another sarcastic post from you. Get some help.

rick 918-S
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 15 2016, 01:56 PM) *

I'll try.

Me too Kevin. Mom said, if you don't have anything nice to say... Very hard some days. I've had my weak moments. Maybe we should reflect on some of the good this group has done. That's what makes this place the best.

Back on topic. MW's car is all Porsche from the engine to the vintage styling front air dam. So far nothing that hasn't been done or seen around here before. The wheels are spendy but tastefully within the spirit of the original design. There have been many cars here with blacked out trim and bumpers. Again within the spirit of what others have done. What's not to like, really.
Cracker
Rick - You continue to disappoint...

Tony

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 15 2016, 07:44 PM) *

PS: To those who I might have offended by "generalizing" a group of people as "daft" - I hope this accusation doesn't cause great distress and induce years of therapy. To members here - that is the extent of the "so called name calling". Our family has paid a high price - I hope reasonable, intelligent people will understand my emotion as it relates to unbridled recklessness.

T

Really? Read you post man. Your off the rails. Effin "A" hole about a guy you never met? Ditch the fake halo. Nice to be able to live in your glass house. Someone get me a rock... screwy.gif

Cold? You know nothing about the things I do and what I have done here on world and other places in my life. I don't really want your sorry sideways insincere apology. Just another sarcastic post from you. Get some help.
1stworks
Please stop.......

This is NOT what 914world is all about.....
iamchappy
It's all subjective. Let's get over it, like it or not ...
Mike Bellis
IBTL

This thread needs to be closed. It's gone way off course... WTF.gif
matthepcat
^^agree^^ please make the bad man stop.
r_towle
QUOTE(Cracker @ May 15 2016, 08:25 PM) *

Rick - You continue to disappoint...

Tony

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ May 15 2016, 07:44 PM) *

T

Dude,
You are out of line, or maybe you are looking for a fight.
Look somewhere else to blow off steam.

Rick is one of the most generous and helpful assholes on the board....
We all love ricks long ass project threads, his willingness to share his knowledge, and his overall fun loving sense of duty to this board.

Please leave the personal attacks at the front door before others turn against you.

If you have issues with Magnus, then do what others with free will have chosen to do and do not read threads about him, and don't make nasty comments. Just skip the thread...you may sleep better (and live longer) and that comes from someone who knows what stress can do to a body....

So, overall, I believe that penguins, Cowboys, generals, aliens, and smart Assed nice people are what made this world happen, so let's keep it that way.

Rich
Mike Bellis
He said penguins... laugh.gif
7TPorsh
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ May 15 2016, 06:44 PM) *

IBTL

This thread needs to be closed. It's gone way off course... WTF.gif

I agree. MW doesn't deserve any more bashing than anyone else...and in his case he hasn't offended anyone so he doesn't deserve any of it....especially in a classic car forum...
Steve
Move it to the sand box where it belongs.
The garage is no place to be bashing people.
Comments on products and services are always welcome to me.
Personally I don't know the guy. I have seen him at events, but I've never had a reason to talk to him.
lonewolfe
I've been following Magnus Walker for a couple years now and I just don't understand why he draws the negativity out of folks on this site so much. I like what he's doing for Porsche cars and I believe Porsche likes it too. Magnus is as serious an enthusiast as anyone else on this site. You may not like his personal style or what he does with his cars but his style is his own and he builds his cars the way he envisions them. That's no different than the rest of us. I've never met him but it seems everyone on here that has met him likes him and always say what a nice and down to earth person he is. That speaks volumes to me. I wish I could have people say the same about me. Not a bad thing at all. Please cut this guy some slack! I've never read anything negative he's said about anyone else! I think he's a good guy!
You are correct in that MW brings out some illogical post from some members. My only concern is that he posts those dangerous driving runs on YouTube. Just think if he caused an accident where one of your family members died.
He runs POC, thus he can save it for the track where the only thing that will slow you down is your head and the items between your legs.
lonewolfe
QUOTE(396 @ Jun 3 2016, 06:39 PM) *

You are correct in that MW brings out some illogical post from some members. My only concern is that he posts those dangerous driving runs on YouTube. Just think if he caused an accident where one of your family members died.
He runs POC, thus he can save it for the track where the only thing that will slow you down is your head and the items between your legs.

Yeah, I certainly do understand your point about racing around on public roads. It's not something that should be promoted. Other than that though, I have no issues with the guy. Unfortunately racing around on public roads is pretty common place with cars and motor cycles. Most of us have pushed the limit in this way upon occasion. Ever seen any of Jake Raby's video's doing the same thing? I have and don't recall any backlash about it from anyone on 914world.com. I guess having a professionally produced and heavily stylized video made raises the hair on some people's neck. I think for some reason, there's something about MW that a lot of people don't like. Kind of like Kieffer Sutherland. I don't know what it is about that guy but I just want to punch him in the face.
EdwardBlume
I'd buy any 914 guy a beer and sit there for awhile.

For guys like Rick, I'd give him the shirt off my back if he needed it.
bandjoey
Closed and deleted thread will be good for all of us. Let's get back to cars. Crazy driving rants do not belong here. barf.gif

I sorta kinda like the way he's keeping it 4lug no flairs and still an aggressive look to the car
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.