Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Magnus Walker 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
iwanta914-6
I'm assuming most of us have seen this photo Magnus posted? I know many don't care for him, especially after what happened in MN but still, it's 914 related!

"So it's official- I have caught a Dose of 914 fever , apparently it's a double dose - Stay tuned to see how it goes #porsche #midengine"

Click to view attachment
vw505
Lets see what he does with it.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(vw505 @ Dec 8 2015, 12:14 PM) *

Lets see what he does with it.

Two 914 projects, should be interesting for sure! Do either of these look familiar, did he buy one or both from a world member?
ThePaintedMan
#whatever. dry.gif

I don't particularly care for the guy, or his hashtagging everything. But I was sorry to hear about him losing his wife several months ago. sad.gif
billh1963
I think its a good thing. He may bring some fresh ideas to the table.

One thing for certain...... If you have a solid car be prepared for an increase in value happy11.gif
wes
I believe he said something about someone giving him one I'm not sure about two!
Maltese Falcon
Caught this as well on the 'gram this morning smile.gif
Let's see what he does with them . His last build was a 964 which he claims was his most "Intense" build to date. Keep in mind that he hires drivtrain, body, interior+exterior subcontractors to get it all "Intensely" done. He sure has his work cut out for himself ; topping some of the cars I've come to know here in the last decade biggrin.gif
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Dec 8 2015, 12:25 PM) *

But I was sorry to hear about him losing his wife several months ago. sad.gif

Yes, it's sad to hear when anyone loses the love of their life.
JmuRiz
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 8 2015, 10:35 AM) *

Let's see what he does with them . His last build was a 964 which he claims was his most "Intense" build to date. Keep in mind that he hires drivtrain, body, interior+exterior subcontractors to get it all "Intensely" done. He sure has his work cut out for himself ; topping some of the cars I've come to know here in the last decade biggrin.gif

I guess that meant lots of phone calls to the subs...phew that was tough. biggrin.gif
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 8 2015, 01:35 PM) *

Keep in mind that he hires drivtrain, body, interior+exterior subcontractors to get it all "Intensely" done.

av-943.gif The guy is a expert at self promotion. He tinkers and looks unique for a "Porsche" person, so people dig him. I get it, I'm cool with it. But like you said, the bar has already been set, and if he can build something half as nice as Eric's car, he'll get a pat on the back.
pete000
There goes the neighborhood...
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Dec 8 2015, 12:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 8 2015, 10:35 AM) *

I guess that meant lots of phone calls to the subs...phew that was tough. biggrin.gif

He has the vision, he hires the people that can make his vision a reality. I think the "intense" part of it was getting it completed on time, lol.
iamchappy
He liked mine well enough to post it on his Instagram... biggrin.gif
Chris Pincetich
I'd like to see period-correct 1970s details in his custom 914 - velour, disco balls, shag carpet, the works! biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
The first time I met him was 6 years ago when he wanted to buy my 77 with a short stroke 3.2. Over the years, he made a name for himself. The only thing that I think he should grow up and stop racing around the public roads. If anything happens, someone is going to get injured and most of his efforts / financial will go to the injured person. He simply needs to keep it on the track, plus not to glorify his behavior.
wndsnd
If he has "The Fever", that will create more 914 attention. Adding that to Amelia Island and the recent Panorama articles, will create more overall respect in the Porsche Community.

I am guessing he will do a nice high reving short stroke 2.2 or 2.4. Like him or hate him, it will be interesting.

I will reserve my opinion till I hear his 914 comments and driving impressions!
scotty b
red hood on yellow car,

yellow hood on red car,

gold wheels.....

all done
thieuster
I can now safely order an Urban Outlaw sticker from him... piratenanner.gif

A lot has been said already, but I think the 914 was standing in line for its moments of glory on the Porsche stage. From here on, prices will rise and rise, being the lastaffordable vintage Porsche.

Menno
SirAndy
QUOTE(pete000 @ Dec 8 2015, 11:01 AM) *

Lemmy fix this for you Walker style:

#ThereGoesTheNeighborhood

laugh.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 8 2015, 02:49 PM) *

red hood on yellow car,

yellow hood on red car,

gold wheels.....

all done

Ha! I was thinking the same at post # 1.
Drill out the door handles and it's the "s" version
Johny Blackstain
Another shot of the pair from his Facebook page:
ThePaintedMan

red hood on yellow car,

yellow hood on red car,

gold wheels.....

all done

av-943.gif

Nailed. It.
914_teener
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 8 2015, 12:00 PM) *

QUOTE(pete000 @ Dec 8 2015, 11:01 AM) *

Lemmy fix this for you Walker style:

#ThereGoesTheNeighborhood

laugh.gif

av-943.gif
pete000
Wonder if he will be bringing his Entourage and followers to the formally "Rusty Parts Swap Meet and Animal Flesh Roast Festival" swap meet ?

I have a nice rear bumper I will let go for $4500.00

Mueller
I have nothing against the guy...I've done stupid things and lived to talk about it....

I had not heard about his wife passing, sorry to hear that ; (

Now if I was spending his money on a 914....

Red car ; keep 4 lug and upgrade to billet front hubs to keep 4 lug and have vented rotors...toss the 2.0 liter Fuchs for some Area15/outlaw 16x7 or 17x7 4 lug billet rims that are modern versions of the originals.
wndsnd

red hood on yellow car,

yellow hood on red car,

gold wheels.....

all done

Don't forget stickers Scotty, Lots of stickers.. rolleyes.gif
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(pete000 @ Dec 8 2015, 03:11 PM) *

I have a nice rear bumper I will let go for $4500.00

I think you might be able to squeeze a bit more out of him, shoot for $8K ;P
914time
I was on scene about 15 minutes after he crashed 277 in Minneapolis. After he sorted stuff out with the cops, I chatted with him for a moment before he was off in a GT3 RS for the tour drive.

Top Porsche brass from PCNA and Germany were on hand for the grand opening of Porsche Minneapolis and they spent a lot of time with Magnus. Like it or not, Magnus is doing great things for the Porsche brand and Porsche recognizes this.

As it was said earlier, once he releases his 914 creation, I'd expect values to climb with these cars. Buy em now and hold on to them tight...
Andyrew
I bet one will get a Raby 4 in the 200hp range, and one will get a worked over 3.6. Flared and narrow body. Subtle changes, Interesting interior colors, full leather everything, big dollar big dollar.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(914time @ Dec 8 2015, 03:58 PM) *

I was on scene about 15 minutes after he crashed 277 in Minneapolis. After he sorted stuff out with the cops, I chatted with him for a moment before he was off in a GT3 RS for the tour drive.

Top Porsche brass from PCNA and Germany were on hand for the grand opening of Porsche Minneapolis and they spent a lot of time with Magnus. Like it or not, Magnus is doing great things for the Porsche brand and Porsche recognizes this.

As it was said earlier, once he releases his 914 creation, I'd expect values to climb with these cars. Buy em now and hold on to them tight...

I wasn't on scene but got a chance to meet him later in the day. He said it was the first time he had ever crashed a car. It doesn't mean he's never driven like an ass hat before (we all have seen the videos I'm sure).

It wasn't until I saw the video where I realized that things could have been so much worse...

He's a good driver and he is ultra passionate about Porsche. He will do good things for you 914 owners in regards to the value of your teeners.
Maltese Falcon
Maybe with all of the tweaks and tricks that Magnus can view here on world, he can come up with a total winning design.That being said, he would need to pen another sticker in addition to Urban Outlaw, maybe NIH
not-invented-here smile.gif
GeorgeRud
His exposure of 914s certainly won't hurt their popularity. It'll be interesting to see what he comes up with!
Maltese Falcon
Wonder if this Magnus wheel (welded in the barrel) is approved for track use by the POC/PCA/ nasa, scca tech rules ?Click to view attachment
Cory M
I heard 914 values jumped 25% as soon as those pics hit the web biggrin.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 8 2015, 06:22 PM) *

Wonder if this Magnus wheel (welded in the barrel) is approved for track use by the POC/PCA/ nasa, scca tech rules ?Click to view attachment

Back that picture up and explain it better please.....might be something good to know.
pete000
Glad to have gotten my 914s pre Mangus.

I just told my wife we just won the lotto !

Prices will be flying up now !

Unfortunately so will the parts !

TravisNeff
I am interested to see what he is going to do with them!
1stworks
Wow I think dude is super cool and has great taste in cars.
Can't wait to see his cars.

Must be a generational thing.....lol

IPB Image
Harpo
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Dec 8 2015, 02:05 PM) *

I bet one will get a Raby 4 in the 200hp range, and one will get a worked over 3.6. Flared and narrow body. Subtle changes, Interesting interior colors, full leather everything, big dollar big dollar.

agree.gif 2273 would be appropriate
Cory M
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 8 2015, 03:22 PM) *

Wonder if this Magnus wheel (welded in the barrel) is approved for track use by the POC/PCA/ nasa, scca tech rules ?

I don't see why not. I raced POC/PCA with similarly welded 2 piece Forgelines. This is the same manufacturing method for most of the 17" Fuchs lots of people use on the track.
Mueller
QUOTE(Cory M @ Dec 8 2015, 03:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 8 2015, 03:22 PM) *

Wonder if this Magnus wheel (welded in the barrel) is approved for track use by the POC/PCA/ nasa, scca tech rules ?

I don't see why not. I raced POC/PCA with similarly welded 2 piece Forgelines. This is the same manufacturing method for most of the 17" Fuchs lots of people use on the track.

Popular method for 2 piece wheels, most all major legit wheel manufactures have a welded design to offer something a little less expensive than a true bolt together wheel.
bigkensteele
I only met the guy once, this past June at the concours here in Cincy. His wife was there. She did not look healthy, but there was no question that they loved one another. They were both very kind, although she clearly seemed tired of all of the glad-handing. It was pretty hot that day.

Do a little research and see what they did together. It is an "American Dream" story. The kind that I will share with my young daughters - that they were fortunate enough to be born in a country where anything is possible, so long as you have a work-ethic and a vision.

In Magnus' case, he wasn't even born here, but he came here to realize his dream and potential, and he did. That is even more remarkable! And for that, and one laps in judgment, he is being blasted here.

It is very seldom that I am disappointed by what I get from this forum, but this thread is one glaring exception.
oldschool
aktion035.gif done...Click to view attachment
Jacob
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Dec 9 2015, 01:04 AM) *

I only met the guy once, this past June at the concours here in Cincy. His wife was there. She did not look healthy, but there was no question that they loved one another. They were both very kind, although she clearly seemed tired of all of the glad-handing. It was pretty hot that day.

Do a little research and see what they did together. It is an "American Dream" story. The kind that I will share with my young daughters - that they were fortunate enough to be born in a country where anything is possible, so long as you have a work-ethic and a vision.

In Magnus' case, he wasn't even born here, but he came here to realize his dream and potential, and he did. That is even more remarkable! And for that, and one laps in judgment, he is being blasted here.

It is very seldom that I am disappointed by what I get from this forum, but this thread is one glaring exception.

Well said. Thank you for your post. I have not met the man, it is nice to hear from someone who has.
LowBridge
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Dec 9 2015, 01:04 AM) *

agree.gif .... we are a country where desire and hard work can give you almost unlimited opportunity. like him or not he is an example of what someone can achieve here.
1stworks
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Dec 8 2015, 11:04 PM) *

Well said!!!!

Hope we didn't scare dude away.....I can't wait to see his 914's

IPB Image

Mueller
Wondering if he'll have a magnuswalker914.blogspot page to go along with his current magnuswalker911.blogspot?

Alphaogre
I don't mind him that much, he can get a esoteric now and then, but I like what he does with the 911's and I feel anyone who makes their own money can do whatever they please with it.

He has just become the face of the new generation of car enthusiasts that have finally recognized Porsche and lead to the upswing. Even though he has been collecting for years, no one would have guessed it 5 to 10 years ago. He is the complete opposite of probably 80% of the typical Porsche owner in the past (demographic wise) and likely 80% of the people on this forum.
Coondog
I just wish I was smart enough like Magnus to buy property in Venice Calif. While our real estate is crazy expensive, Venice is the new in place for smaller tech company's. It's called Silicon Valley West. I am sure his savvy knowledge or good luck to buy in Venice when no one else would touch commerical property there helped his Porsche hobby grow. Then again it takes money to make money so good for him.
7TPorsh
I remember Venice when it was a swamp. dry.gif Whoda thought
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.