Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCC 2006 in Portland OFFICIAL
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
double-a
agree.gif
awesome place, and we could re-enact scenes from the movie "the shining" since much of the movie was filmed there. happy11.gif

~a
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (double-a @ May 20 2005, 08:02 PM)
we could re-enact scenes from the movie "the shining" since much of the movie was filmed there.

RedRum -- RedRum -- RedRum -- RedRum ....
smooth_eddy
agree.gif

Maybe we could add into the drive a stop at a winery? That would give people time to mingle and sip some grape juice too. With the next WCC in P-town, there will be lots of options for some great driving.gif road trips.
Allan
So when is the countdown for this going to be started and nailed? I don't know about the rest of you, but it really motivates me to get off of my ass and get the car ready...

C'mon we only have X amount of days left!!!
boxstr
CAMP 914 is expanding and I will have more space in the near future. No problem with shipping cars there and they can be in a large building until the owner arrives.

MT HOOD is in the plans, I think a drive up and a photo op in the parking lot below the mountain would be great. A run back to Troutdale and then to Mcmenamins Edgefield manor are also in the works.

As far as a countdown, aim for July 7,8 and 9 2006 will work. Someone get that nailed. If it changes I will be the first to know. biggrin.gif
Craig C. Laughlin
double-a
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ May 20 2005, 04:45 PM)
QUOTE (double-a @ May 20 2005, 08:02 PM)
we could re-enact scenes from the movie "the shining" since much of the movie was filmed there.

RedRum -- RedRum -- RedRum -- RedRum ....

lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif

great movie. weird, but great.

a trip to mt. hood and back would be spectacular!

~a
bondo
QUOTE (Headrage @ May 20 2005, 05:58 PM)

C'mon we only have X amount of days left!!!

412!
rhodyguy
with the extra days saved NOT having to drive to california rolleyes.gif, the wife and i will turn this into a week long adventure. for those into the hot springs/spa experience, carson hot springs and resort is pretty cool, and sort of funky. soaking in big old bath tubs filled with geothermal water, as hot as you can stand it, and then a wrap in muslin sheets and blankets to sweat out the takillya. there is an upscale, newer resort closer to p-land, bonneville hot springs and spa, iirc.

one thing i've never been able to figure out how to get to. on the oregon side of the gorge you can see what looks like an old castle/monestary up on the hillside above I-84. not that i think we should go there during the wcc.

k
boxstr
Kevin I think you are refering to Maryhill Museum, check out there website, They have a vintage car hillclimb there each year. It is well worhth the trip.
You can cross over at the Dalles, or at Cascade Locks.
CCLINCRUZINSATURDAY
xitspd
QUOTE (boxstr @ May 21 2005, 06:45 AM)
Kevin I think you are refering to Maryhill Museum, check out there website, They have a vintage car hillclimb there each year. It is well worhth the trip.
You can cross over at the Dalles, or at Cascade Locks.
CCLINCRUZINSATURDAY

What date is the vintage Hillclimb? Is there a website? Thanks,

Dan
Porsche Rescue
Hillclimb is in Sept. Very exclusive event. Fun to watch I'm told. I believe there is a website. Try searching Maryhill Hill Climb. It is on a road no longer used. I believe it is the first paved road in the state of Washington.

Kevin, are you talking about the Vista House at Crown Point. From below the round stone building looks like a "crown", sitting high on a point? Only other structure might be the Columbia Gorge Hotel near Hood River.

If a Mt. Hood Loop drive happens it will certainly include that portion of the old Columbia River Highway and the Vista House.
sixnotfour
What date is the vintage Hillclimb? Is there a website? Thanks,

oct 8-9 this year

http://www.sovren.org/Page_1.html

rhodyguy
that may be it jim. it's more visible from the washington side when you're on hwy 14(?), which is a nice drive too.

k
Porsche Rescue
Vista House is a public building/viewpoint (breathtaking) and rest stop built with the highway in the 20's. Being restored last time I was there so you could not go in. Maybe it will be open by 2006.
Speaking of WA SR14, if you're ever traveling it stop in Stephenson at the Big River Grill. Truly the best hamburger I have eaten. Friday a week ago I took the 914 for a run there for lunch. I go about every 6 weeks, partly for the scenic drive (ever climb Beacon Rock?) and mostly for the Big River Grill. Passed the turn to the Bonneville Spa you mentioned.
Porsche Rescue
Here it is
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.