Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coondog's build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
don-6
Interested to see the before and after HP and Torque figures.
Also, what is the seat of your pants feeling between stock and chipped?
popcorn[1].gif
Coondog
Haven’t driven car yet with new chip. Pick up on Thursday from PMS then straight to Mikes house for some beer.gif
199 RWHP
213 RWHP with chip
Running heat exchangers so don’t no how much HP is lost from that type exhaust set up. But heat is more important then speed..... WTF.gif can’t believe I said that.... blink.gif
Steve
Curious if there is any power lost since your running B&B heat exchangers. If there 1 5/8”, there shouldn’t be any power loss. The factory heat exchangers are like 1 1/4” and are way to small for a 3.2. I’m running MB911’s 1 5/8” heat exchangers and there is a noticeable power difference over stock heat exchangers.
mepstein
A SW chip is about the fastest, easiest and cheapest way to get some more HP out of a 3.2.
mb911
If your running equal length 1-5/8" heat exchangers you will realize the most power from your 3.2. Anything less will leave to much on the table..

Stock heat exchangers are 1.5 od which is about 1.375 ID just to give you an idea.
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 18 2018, 10:10 AM) *

If your running equal length 1-5/8" heat exchangers you will realize the most power from your 3.2. Anything less will leave to much on the table..

Stock heat exchangers are 1.5 od which is about 1.375 ID just to give you an idea.

100% agree.
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Apr 18 2018, 10:10 AM) *

100% agree.

I never even tried the BB heat exchangers since they got such poor reviews for lack of heat and poor construction.
914forme
Only thing I like about the BB is the collector. But if they built it cheaply it is no better than the factory style collector. If they do them like these. It would certainly help the performance.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Burns Stainless Merge collector aktion035.gif

We digress, I like the touches on this build, enjoy the driving.gif
mb911
QUOTE(914forme @ Apr 18 2018, 09:49 AM) *

Only thing I like about the BB is the collector. But if they built it cheaply it is no better than the factory style collector. If they do them like these. It would certainly help the performance.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Burns Stainless Merge collector aktion035.gif

We digress, I like the touches on this build, enjoy the driving.gif

I don't think b&b uses the reverse cone do they?

I have a fixture to make those collectors and can do it for half of what burns sells theirs for.. Hmm maybe a new product
Coondog
Getting ready to cut.
Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
popcorn[1].gif beerchug.gif
mb911
Looking good.. I know something else will be shipping this week as well to fit on your car.. Keep up the updates.
Larmo63
Wow, looks great so far. Obviously you are in great (expensive) hands and this will be done right.

Can't wait to see the finished product.
Coondog
Moving along.
Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
congrats sir Greg!
That is super fast and clean metal work!
Coondog
Starting to look like a GT.
Click to view attachment
914forme
Yes it is looking good, also showed up on Patrick's Instagram feed.
burton73
What is your 5 lug spare tire set up?

You will have it back soon. The waiting is almost over

Bob B

driving-girl.gif
Tdskip
Exciting progress
Coondog
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jan 25 2019, 11:25 AM) *

What is your 5 lug spare tire set up?

You will have it back soon. The waiting is almost over

Bob B

driving-girl.gif

Bought the collapsible spare and the floor pan bracket from Bruce. Had my muffler shop friend make a custom plate and then weld everything in place.

Click to view attachment
burton73
Nice. Very clean set up.

Bob B
ndfrigi
Sir Greg, do you also have a pic of the recent look of your front trunk with your recommended fire extinguisher installed? Last luncheon with fellow members, I thouht I took a pic of the whole front trunk.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Coondog
Sorry don’t have a pic of my fire extinguisher set up.
Lucky9146
QUOTE(Coondog @ Jan 25 2019, 05:33 PM) *

Sorry don’t have a pic of my fire extinguisher set up.

Coondog isn't this yours?
driving.gif white914.jpg

Click to view attachment
Coondog
Old pic before spare tire mounted but same concept.
I tell everyone to buy a purple K Fire Extinguisher.
Best fuel/metal fire extinguisher out there.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Coondog @ Jan 26 2019, 06:22 AM) *

Old pic before spare tire mounted but same concept.
I tell everyone to buy a purple K Fire Extinguisher.
Best fuel/metal fire extinguisher out there.

Yup learn it from the expert! Thanks sir Greg!
Any target date when your car will finish?

burton73
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 18 2018, 05:54 AM) *

A SW chip is about the fastest, easiest and cheapest way to get some more HP out of a 3.2.

I had a SW chip in my 86 Carrera and it made my car feel faster buy a bit. No lying you can feel it in the seat of your paints. All across the power band. Nothing easer to gain power from an EFI Motronic 3.2 in the case of my 86 Carrera I had to put the stock one in to pass smog in CA .

Steve made my chip while I was at his house.

Bob B
Coondog
Say goodbye to my antenna...Got a few more holes to fill in........ blink.gif
Click to view attachment
Coondog
These weren’t the holes I was talking about. Amazing what you find underneath the paint.
Click to view attachment
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Coondog @ Feb 1 2019, 05:42 PM) *

Say goodbye to my antenna...Got a few more holes to fill in........ blink.gif
Click to view attachment

Been there, done that. And have never missed it…
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Coondog @ Feb 2 2019, 04:12 PM) *

These weren’t the holes I was talking about. Amazing what you find underneath the paint.
Click to view attachment

Any idea what these are from? Old-school "dent pulling"? The metal looks a bit nice for that...
Coondog
My first thought was 70s side molding but it didn’t go the length of the door and the other door was hole free.
mepstein
Slide hammer to pull out dent?
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 2 2019, 04:59 PM) *

Slide hammer to pull out dent?

^ That's what I was wondering.

And had the same thought about side moldings, as my car had those train-wrecks—but the holes were 2-3-2 down each side, front fender, door, rear fender.

I'm guessing this had to be slide hammer, but the door looks pretty darn nice. Was it as nice as it looks in metal now?
Coondog
Little rust around the W/S frame fixed and W/S wiper nozzles removed.
Click to view attachment
Coondog
Car is moving along. Sprayed with High Build Primer today. I have to admit, I never heard of that process.

Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Coondog @ Feb 22 2019, 03:20 PM) *

Car is moving along. Sprayed with High Build Primer today. I have to admit, I never heard of that process.

Click to view attachment

Nice...you can hardly see the flares.

Oscar
mepstein
QUOTE(Coondog @ Feb 22 2019, 06:20 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Common these days. Made to go on thick instead of having to spray multiple coats.
preach
beautiful.
ValcoOscar
Greg-

You stepped up your game!!!!!

WOW!!!!

beerchug.gif beer.gif piratenanner.gif drunk.gif aktion035.gif cheer.gif rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

Oscar
Cairo94507
Nothing like seeing fresh paint on your project; it looks terrific. Congratulations. Now, let the fun begin with all of the new and shiny parts. beerchug.gif
mb911
That looks great. I keep getting so much heat about my color choice that white or Black maybe back as an option. White looks so nice.
EdwardBlume
Going to have to clean up my face now... drooley.gif
Lucky9146
Your are going to love the flared experience. Paint really looks great! beerchug.gif
driving.gif white914.jpg
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Coondog @ Mar 13 2019, 02:28 PM) *

wow! congrats sir Greg!
Larmo63
Can't wait to see it back on the road.

It looks awesome so far!!!! smilie_pokal.gif
horizontally-opposed
wub.gif
Coondog
On the alignment rack, waiting for the 914-Rubber dash then windshield. Notice I deleted the antenna and the windshield squirters.
Look at those awesome rims I got from Bob Burton.
Click to view attachment
mepstein
If that was my car I’d be jumping out of my skin. Nice job.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.